The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unknown (temp title)

+3
shadowsowner888
Arianna
lauren
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Unknown (temp title) Empty Unknown (temp title)

Post by lauren 6/17/2010, 2:12 pm

[Maturity: High. Kissing, a pregnancy, blood]
[Fantasy: High. Dark angels. Grim Reaper. Underworld. You decide. xD]
(I made this up, I'm not sure how good it is but people are liking it. Some detaild had to be taken out for posting, but that was only from the very first segment. It doesn't affect the story. I seperate each part I write with a line of xxx's, this doesn't signify chapters, I haven't split it up that way.)
From the day I was born, I've always known my destiny. It might be odd ot someone else, but for me, it's normal. My parents knew what they were getting. They insisted they'd loved me even then, but I know the truth. I've heard their low whispers at night, and I know they're scared of me. I'm a Dark Angel. More than that, I'm the 'chosen one' that the entire Underworld has been waiting for me for centuries.
I can see how my parents look at me. Quiet, watchful... expectant. Just waiting for me to attack them and try to kill, just so they could tell me how right they are. How they always knew I was a monster.
When my mom was pregnant with me, she got very sick. She was anemic anyways, so pregnancy was already a big risk, but I also enjoyed drinking her blood. I remember feeling the need for it, even when I was that small.
The day I was born, it was dark and rainy. Still, my mother named me Akiko, meaning light and bright. The complete opposite of me. Dark Angels are monsters. We drink blood, we take souls, and worst of all, we steal memories. That may not seem like the worst item on the list, but the mind is a private place. Quiet. Peaceful. Enclosed. To enter this sacred place, uninvited, you must be a terrible demon. I don't want to be a monster. I never wanted any of this.
It should have been no surprise. I should have known that one day, my parents would tell me. They were gentle about everything, how they still loved me, but I'd have to go live with the rest of my kind at "that place". I knew how it killed them to say it, not because they would be losing me, their only daughter, but because they hated to believe in anything that wasn't pure fact.
I'm sure, back in the day before me, they were better. When I was in my mother's womb and they knew what I was, they desperatley wanted another child as quickly as possible. A normal one. It took five and a half years for my mom to have another. I knew they wanted someone else, so that I could just be a shadow and one day, dissapear.
My parents were ecstatic. She was finally pregnant. And this time, their baby would be everything it should be. And nothing it shouldn't. Mom wouldn't come near me. Not that she was all attatched before, but the seperation this time was prominent. I knew why. She didn't want me to kill the baby. She thought I was really that savage.

xxxxxxxxx

When she had the baby, I was afraid. Not for her life, or the baby's, but for myself. I was in control, but also, I wasn't. I was sure I wouldn't harm the baby- but I didn't want any other being to have to live this life with me. The child was entitled to a normal life- not this.
I learned a few hours later that I had a brother. I did not have any emotion. Mom and Dad cooed over the newborn at the hospital while I rattled around at home, but I was glad. The few days the baby had left at the hospital would let me prepare myself.
They let me name the baby. At the time, I didn't know why, but upon thinking about it later, they wanted to endear me to him in every way possible. So I wouldn't want to hurt him. I decided on Ajay, which is from India and a language called Telugu. Its meaning was invincible. That's what I wanted for him. To be safe.
My parents' wish came true. From the first instant, I loved the baby. Ajay. They masked their worry with fearful joy that I wasn't doing anything bad. Because of that, I got a false sense of security. That for a while, things might be normal. I was wrong. One day in October, three months after the baby was born, we got the letter. The letter that told my parents I was the chosen one.
My mother's screams still echo in my mind.
xxxxxxxx
It was a normal day. We didn't celebrate holidays in my house except for small birthday celebrations and quiet gatherings of family gift-giving in the winter season. I don't know if this was my parent's choice for the family or their choice because of me. For the rest of the world, that day was Halloween. I wasn't too interested. Being an eight-year-old and homeschooled, I didn't have much contact with the outside world, therefore, it was just another day.
I ate my cereal, and went in the living room to cut out pictures and play with Ajay. Mom went out to check the mail. All of the sudden, I heard a piercing scream. I put Ajay back down and ran outside to Mom, but Dad had already beat me there. It appeared that she had fainted, because she was bone white and limp in his arms. Tears streamed down both of their faces. Her jaw was slack; my father's arms curled around her body and supported her. I didn't know what I should do or why this happened, until I noticed a letter on the ground. It was rather odd-looking. Stiff black parchment in a long black envelope, like the yellow ones you see in offices and courtrooms. I picked up the letter. It had an intricate-looking symbol at the top. In white type, it read-

TO AKIKO NEBULAN-
WE ARE WRITING TO INFORM YOU THAT YOU ARE OF AGE TO ENTER THE UNDERWORLD. IF YOU WISH TO DO SO, LEAVE YOUR FAMILY BEHIND. IF YOU DO NOT, YOU MAY STAY UNTIL YOU ARE AGE FIFTEEN. YOU MUST SEVER ALL TIES WITH ALL FAMILY MEMBERS AND VOW TO NEVER SEE THEM AGAIN. DOING SO WOULD ENDANGER BOTH OF YOUR LIVES. DO NOT DISOBEY. WE WILL FIND YOU. IF YOU DO NOT COME BY THIS TIME SIX YEARS FROM TODAY, OUR ARMIES WILL TAKE YOU BY FORCE.

This letter was signed by 'The Underlord'. I knew I was something else. I had to drink blood my mom got from the bloodbank she worked at while the rest of the family ate regular food, I had to suffer through pain when I was sick or hurt because regular medicine wouldn't work on me, I couldn't go to school and be with other kids. I had always asked why, and my parents always told me the truth, that I was a Dark Angel and not from this world.

Mom finally came to and looked at me with scared eyes. Dad didn't look away from Mom. I stared off into space, trying to comprehend what this all was. We didn't speak of it again. Until the day I turned fifteen and they told me I would finally have to go.

My backpack was packed. I was told by my Dad that I shouldn't take much, because they would have things for me "there". He was sitting on my bed, telling me about how he didn't know if he could make it without me, how much he loved me, and everything else I couldn't ever believe. "D-dad?" My voice began shakily. "How can you lie that way?"
"Lie? Sweetie, you know I'd never-"
"Dad. Cut the crap here. For the past fifteen years, you have been afraid of me. No, don't talk, listen." I took a deep breath. "I don't understand why you couldn't love me as any other child. You wanted a normal family. Okay, I get it. I know I wasn't the perfect poster child you needed to complete your family circle. But now you have Ajay, and when I go, you can pretend I never existed. Thanks for pretending to care." I grabbed my shoes and laced them up quickly. "Bye." My mom was in Ajay's room. I stormed in and tapped her on the shoulder. "We need some time alone."
"Sure, Akiko, where do you want to go?" She looked afraid.
"Mom, not you and me. Me and Ajay. Please... go."
She must have sensed my anger, because she stood in front of his bed protectively.
"Mom, now. I won't hurt him... I promise. Give me this last gift."
Slowly, she walked out of the room and gave one last glance before shutting the door.

Ajay was asleep. I rustled his hair and touched his butter-smooth face. I loved him so much. "Ajay," I whispered.
He was nine years old. Full of memories of his sister, but he would soon be empty of times he never got to share. Because I had to leave him now.
"Sissy..." he croaked, his voice full of sleep.
"Ajay... rememberwhat me talked about? How one day I'd have to leave?"
"Yeah," he whispered back, more awake now. His blue eyes, though tired, were filled with so much intensity. Tears bit at the back of my eyes.
"Today's that day."
"No, sissy! No! Don't leave! Please!" he began to cry and then to sob clutching at my shirt.
I pried his fingers away and kissed him on the top of the head. "Ajay, I want you to listen to me."
He quieted, now the only sounds he made were she shruffled sounds of his breathing and stuffed-up nose.
"Ajay, even though I can't see you anymore, I will find a way to protect you. Remember, I'm always here. If you ever need me, I want you to think long and hard about me. And I'll come. I want you to remember me always, deep within yourself, that way I can one day come back to you. I don't know how I'll make it work, but I'll make this promise- One day, far in the future, I can see you again."

Silent tears ran down his face as he kissed me on the cheek. I squeezed his hand two times, our secret signal for "It'll be okay." Then I stood up and walked out. I didn't look back.

I checked my watch; it was 4:36 A.M. My ride to wherever I was going should have been there at 4:30. A black car pulled up with the passenger window rolled down. "Hey, are you Akiko?"a boyish voice yelled.
"Yeah," I called back. I turned to take one last look at the house. My parents were peeking out the blinds. I shook my head and turned to the car. Its features were smooth, perfect for travelling almost unnoticed in the dark. I walked over to it and opened the door. Suddenly, I realized, life as I knew it was over. I was entering something unknown and new. Turning to the man in the driver's seat, a question about our destination on my lips, his appearance shocked me. He was perfect. Flawless. Then he smiled.
Fangs.
xxxxxxxx
I shuddered. "Vampire," I spat involuntarily, then cringed. I didn't want to make it... I mean, him... angry. He laughed.
"S'ok," He had an Aussie accent. Chocolate brown curls were molded to his head, and twisted quite nicely in front of his eyes. When I looked into them, I noticed they were black. Straight-up onyx. I guessed that was normal for a vampire.
"Where are we going?" I inquired, trying to sound confident. After all, I drank blood too. There, that's one thing in common, I reassured myself. He has no reason to hurt me.
"Well," he said, looking over and pursing his lips. "We have to take you to the Dark Lord himself. Y'see, it's all in the prophecy."
Prophecy? Why hadn't my parents told me about this? "What prophecy?" I asked, not very politely.
"Didn't yeh parents tell you?"
"You don't know my parents." I replied icily.
"Well, er..." he began, unsure now. I think he didn't want to upset me. "It states that you must marry the Dark Lord." He blushed and looked away, then looked up at me again, through his eyelashes.
"Excuse me?" I screeched. "I haven't even met the man, and I'm only fifteen! I'm expected to marry? Now? What if I don't want to?"
"Then that's a problem for the Jocka."
What was a Jocka?
All this time I hadn't noticed we were driving. He drove quite smoothly. I looked at the speedometer, we were going 180, but I wasn't scared. I was too angry. Why had my parents not informed me? I looked back over at the driver. "I never got your name." I said to him.
He glanced at me as he answered.
"Camarin."
Camarin... That meant shelterer or protector. But who did he protect? I know who I protected... Ajay. If only he could be with me. No, I wouldn't want him to come to the Underworld. He was normal. Time heals all wounds, I told myself. He will forget me.
I was deep in thought when Camarin's rich voice startled me.
"What's yours?"
I jumped. "Akiko," I responded.
We were driving downhill in what looked like a desert. He took a sharp turn, offroad, and I held on to the ceiling handle to keep from falling over. Suddenly, he stopped, and I jolted in my seat.
"Get out now," he told me. I followed instructions and grabbed my bag. Closing the door behind me, I walked over to where he was huddled next to a large boulder. Not looking at me, he handed me a bandanna.
"Blindfold yourself, please."
"Why?" I demanded.
"Until you become a Yander, you aren't allowed to know the way to the Underworld."
What was a Yander? Why all these unfamiliar terms?
I did as I was told and tied the bandanna around my eyes.
"Come here," he said.
Uncertainly, I stepped forward, feeling along the desert gravel with my feet. I guess he saw my hesitance, because he took my arm and led me even farther downward. It became cooler as we walked on. We took many turns. Everything smelled of dust and rock. I wasn't sure if I should try to make conversation or not. Just as I was about to open my mouth, he stopped and removed my blindfold.
"Behold," he said. "The Underworld."
Opening my eyes for the first time, I gasped.
This was not what I expected.
xxxxxxxx
Well, what was I expecting it to be? Pink? It looked like we were inside of a volcano. There were coal black paths of rock twisting and turning all around what looked like a town's main square- there were what I assumed to be shopsall around a gatheringplace with a statue of the Dark Lord, outsideof this restaraunts and boutiques, and on the outskirts, houses. Tere I was, my mouth hanging open, and Camarin watching me.
"We have to go now. He can't be kept waiting."
I closed my mouth and followed Camarin as he trouped down yet another slope to get down on the rest of the community's level. Stares from others made me feel self-conscious, so I quickened my pace and tried to catch up to Camarin. We came upon a door. A door that looked like it was made of foot-thick solid iron. Another metal curled in a curius design, which I recognized as the seal on that letter that came so many years ago. In the very center, a plain-looking brass knocker. I didn't see any split in the door that indicated it might open, it just looked like a wall. I wasn't surprised when a trapdoor opened that indicated we had to go further down. We descended on red velvet covered steps.
I felt like I should know more about Camarin. "Thank you for taking me here," I said to him.
He just looked at me.
I wasn't used to this from people. Well, I was, but only because I ignored them first. I didn't reach out often.
"Is there any paricular reason why you won't talk to me?" I demanded.
He looked at me again, but something different was in his eyes that I couldn't place.
"I'm sorry," he said, slowly and quietly. "I'm shy, is all."
Shyness I understood. My...brother was shy. I didn't want to think about it. I focused my attention back on Camarin.
"I want to know you," I said, then mentally kicked myself for how weird the words sounded. "Tell me about yourself."
"I, uh... I'm a Protector."
Well, that was better than nothing.
"A Protector? What does that mean?"
"Ah, uhm, well... Each Protector is assigned to a different person, and they're like their bodyguard or something. You aren't supposed to be away from your person for long."
"Cool. Who do you protect?"
I felt him go rigid next to me. "I'm not supposed to talk about that." he said in a hard voice.
Great. Akiko had ruined it again. Why did I want to be so close to him? I saw a map on the wall and stopped to look at it. We still had far to go, possibly a mile. At the least.
I turned back to him. He didn't look angry, he looked more sad. And lonely, too. So I told him about me. I told him about how hard it was for me to grow up different, drinking blood while everyone else drank apple juice, going to school at home, my parents, my brother and the love I had for him, and everything else I could think of. I told him how lonely I always was, and how terrible it got sometimes, and how at points I just wanted to dissapear. I took a deep breath and realized I had just poured out every secret thought, every terrible idea I'd ever had. I stopped, and he stopped too.
He turned to face me, and I followed suit. With another look in his eyes I couldn't pssibly understand, he crushed me against his chest in the most wonderful hug I've ever had. Come to think of it, he was the only other person who had hugged me, besides Ajay. I pushed closer to enjoy the warmth of it. He was petting my hair and whispering how sorry he was. Hesitantly, I put my arms around his waist. We stood for a minute then seperated, somewhat embarassed.
Slowly, we continued on. I was getting tired. Then, after what seemed like four forevers of walking, we made it. Another door. But this one looked like it opened. He touched the knob again, and the door slowly groaned open. Women clad in skimpy outfits sauntered out, I guessed to greet us. They didn't pay much attention to me, a few pats on the back. They paid their attention to Camarin, kissing his cheeks and tracing his shoulders.
Was the feeling I had now jealousy?
We journeyed further in where a robed man with a scythe sat in a solid gold throne. Even more women were in the room, in a loose semicircle around the Dark Lord. In the normal world, he is referred to as the Grim Reaper, but here, he was something different. A new feeling washed over me as I drew closer. This man had such a draw, a pull... It felt like I was being pulled to him. He stood and walked over to me, cupping my face in his hands.
"Ah, Akiko," he said, almost as if he was trying to seduce me. "I've been waiting for this day for so long!" All of the women looked at me with such extreme jealousy I could almost taste it.
It surprised me the most when he kissed me.
xxxxxx
It goes without saying I'd never kissed anyone besides my parents and Ajay. This was new, foriegn, and I wasn't sure how I should respond. I felt the soft press of his lips on mine, they were soft and warm. Hesitantly, I pulled back slightly and pressed my lips back to his. Apparentley, this was the right thing to do. I guess this was kissing.
We pulled away after a few more seconds. He looked happy. He was taller than me, with blonde hair that hung straight to his shoulders. His skin was pale and white, with no freckles or blemishes anywhere. His hands were skinny and delicate, his eyes were such a light blue they were almost grey. He wasn't muscular, but he looked as if he could hold his own in a fight. I was looking him up and down, when I noticed something: Everything aboout him was the complete opposite of Camarin.
I wasn't sure what I felt about that.
"Come, come," the Dark Lord said to me, gesturing with his hands. He wanted me to follow him to a smaller door off to the side of this room. I obeyed. He held it open for me and told me to go inside. Walking in, it looked like a dressing room. There were makeup lights and a few sinks, then a large closet on the far wall. He strode over to that closet and I noticed for the first time what he was wearing: A large black velvet robe that pooled on the floor, red velvet stripes decorated the garment. His hair was slicked back. His shoes were plain black leather. Swiftly, he opened the closet and pulled out garments for me to wear.
xxxxxxx
"I didn't want you to look like... them, he whispered. I took the clothing from his hands and he gestured to a curtain.
"Change there," he said.
I walked behind the curtain and pulled it around me. I took off my clothes and grabbed the new ones, looking at them for the first time. A robe, like his, with purple stripes instead of red. The rest was simply a skintight black shirt and leggings.
When I put on the clothes, they not only felt warm, but they felt right, like that was where I belonged. I liked that feeling; I'd never had it before. I picked up my shed clothes from the floor, my shoes and socks, and walked form the concealment of the curtain.
He was there. Camarin.
"What do I do with my clothes?" I asked.
He took them from me wordlessly and put them in a compartment at the top of the closet.
"What about shoes?" I inquired.
Still in the closet, he grabbed me a pair and tossed them to me. Black flats. That was good, I had no practice in heels and now was not the time to start. When he finally backed out, he seemed to see me for the first time. "You look...." he didn't finish.
"I look how?" I demanded. Was it bad?
"Different." he finally came up with.
I remembered there was a mirror and spun to face it. I did look different. These clothes hugged my every curve and displayed my body quite nicely. I smiled, I had never really felt proud of my appearance before. Straight black hair at home had appeared homely, here it was rich, long, and beautiful. Dark eyes there looked plain and depressing, at this new world they were alive, full of wonder.
"I meant to say pretty," I heard him blurt.
I looked at him incredulously. "For real?"
"Yes." he seemed to shut himself in again as he brushed past me to walk out.
I followed him back into the room where the Dark Lord was first to greet me. "Akiko," his voice was full ofpride. "You look beautiful. Stunning." He slipped an arm around my waist as he walked me to a smaller gold chair beside his. "You may sit here. Next to me."
I sat.
A short, stubbly man brought a tray over to me. Under its covering was a few bags of blood. I growled ravenously, the last time I fed was before I left the house.
"There, there, Akiko, I know you must be hungry." his soothing voice had that gravity power again.
I sank my teeth in and drank. And drank. And drank. I felt sloshy and full afterward, and more whole. More myself.
Everyone, it seemed, was staring at me.
Then I discovered why.
xxxxxxx
The Dark Lord was staring intentley, almost worriedly at me. "Akiko," he whispered softly, taking my face in his hands. He turned quickly and whispered soemthing to one of his many other women, and they scampered off. He caressed my face with his fingertips, murmuring unintelligible things. The love in his eyes was almost embarassing to acknowledge.
When she came back, she was holding two things: a mirror and another bag of blood.
"Akiko," the Dark Lord said again. "I want you to drink, and watch your eyes inthe mirror."
I was glad to obey this time. I drank again, and halfway through I remembered to look. My eyes were blood red, my pupils tiny. My irises were large, crimson, and scary. I stopped drinking. Because I looked like a monster.
My sharp intake of breath alarmed him. I was still in shock when he rose from his chair, took my hand, and led me from the room. He intwined our fingers, and as senses were lowly coming back, I felt his warmth, and safety washed over me. I looked deep in his eyes, and something happened. It was like we connected, but suddenly I felt a rush of emotions that weren't mine. I was reading his memories. Not taking, just seeing. Memories of his lonliness, having all he could eer want but yet having nothing. Countless days of just doing nothing, waiting for something... I delved deeper, wanting to know what he was waiting for. When I saw my face in his mind, I gasped again. He spent fifteen years waiting for me. Fifteen long, terrible, lonely years.
When I pulled back, back into this world, he took me gently in his arms, and I cried. I cried because I didn't want him to be alone, but I didn't want to marry so young. I cried becuase I missed my brother, and I also cried because I wished my parents loved me. After a few minutes, my sobs were reduced to small hiccups, and he pulled me off his chest ot look at me. Without thinking, I leaned forward and kissed him.
I pressed my lips to his gently, and he did the same. We followed a pattern for a moment, but then he drew me to him, his hand on the small of my back, the other intwined in my hair. I wasn't sure what this feeling was, but I knew I wanted more. I thought about it, and I discovered I liked this feeling of love. I wanted to bask in its glow. I pulled away from him gently and held his hand.
Then, he killed the mood by saying, "We must marry, Akiko."
xxxxxxxxxx
"What?" I squeaked. "We only just met, and I'm expected to marry you?" I knew this already, but I had forgotten until he brought it up.
"Why, yes, my dear flower. Didn't Camarin inform you?"
"Yes, but..." I didn't know where my anger went.
"When can we do it, my blossom? Today? Tomorrow?"
I was flabbergasted. Today? Tomorrow?
"N-no..." I sputtered. "I..."
"What is it? Tell me!" he said, not frustratingly. I looked at him, and I felt compelled to tell him everything. But not like with Camarin. With Camarin, it was because I wanted to. With the Dark Lord, however, it was like I had to. He posessed a power that went beyond my wildest dreams, and he was forcing me to tell him.
"Because I barely know you! You're a man! I'm a girl! I want to marry who I want to marry, and I don't know if it's you! I've barely even met you, and I need to know you first! Can't I have that at least?"
I saw his face, and suddenly, it looked young. It appealed to me. It drew me in. He pressed his lips to mine again, and I noticed for the first time the taste. Like honey and lavender, it washed across my lips and in my nose. It blanketed me in safety and warmth. I wanted more. But he pulled away.
"Am I really so young?" he said, roughly in my ear.
(sorry, my dad is like standing right here and i know exactly what's going to happen but he is like.. i can't write when he's right here. xD)
xxxxxx
I wasn’t sure how to answer. So I ran. “I need to get away,” I called back to him. I ran through the greatroom; all the women were milling around and giving eachother dirty looks. One near the back saw me and growled. All of them would give anything to be me, wanted completely by him. I didn’t.
I finally found a place. Well, a broom closet. I opened the door and walked inside. Slowly, zombielike, I sat in the corner and cried out all my emotion.
I couldn’t marry him. I didn’t love him… yet. I could. With time, I could love him. He was polite, a gentleman, treated me like a queen, hot… what was not to love? But I barely knew him.
And what about Camarin? Why was I still stuck on him? I barely knew him either, but I knew I could fall for him and be happy about it. I wanted him, and badly. If only he liked me too.
A sharp noise scraped above me, and a pool of light clouded with dust appeared from the ceiling. From the hole, there was Camarin.
“Hey,” he said with a smile.
"What are you doing here? Are you crazy?” I demanded in a whisper.
"To answer your first question, I thought you needed someone. And to the second- by the book, some people might just say I’m borderline.”
"Do you have multiple personality disorder?”
"Not that I know of, why?”
"Every time I talk to you, you’re different. When we first met, you were like this- assured, maybe even a little cocky. Then you were sullen and concealed, and now you’re like you first were."
"Which do you like better?"
“This one.”
“I heard everything you said. And before you ask, yes, you were talking out loud.”
Oh my. I was talking out loud?
“You said you heard it all?”
“Yes.”
So that meant he heard what I had thought—said, about him.
“I have something to tell you,” he said.
I stood up. "Tell me then.” I was put out. I knew what was coming. The whole it’s not you, it’s me deal, or we can’t do this, or if he was feeling generous, you’re too good for me.
“Close your eyes,” he whispered. Wow, did I have to close my eyes to get rejected?
I felt his breath on my face, and then the gentle touch of his lips. I put my hands on his waist, this time surely, and his hands were on my neck, in my hair, tracing my face. I knew what I was doing and he did too. This felt right. This made me feel whole.
When we pulled away, both of us breathing heavily, he smiled at me again. His dark eyes no longer seemed ominous, but welcoming. I wanted so much more, but he just took my arm and led me out of the broom closet.
The Dark Lord was waiting for me a little ways outside. The women were all around him, smiling. He saw me and brightened. He strode over to me and bowed his head in thanks to Camarin for finding me. “It is late, my dear Akiko. Let me show you to your room.”
He took me out of the greatroom down a long hallway where everything was white. At the end of the hall, he opened a door. The bedroom was filled with all the essentials- bed, desk, nighttable, lamp… no window. I laid eyes on the bed again and realized I was extremely tired.
“Thank you,” I told him, and without a backward glance, I headed toward the bed and fell asleep.
My dreams made no sense. Colors, shapes, random numbers, faces… Camarin’s, mostly. Suddenly, I awoke to more noise. Since there wasn’t a window, I didn’t think there was an outside intruder. But instead of it again being quiet, another sharp noise occurred above me, more dust, and Camarin. A grin spread across my face as he dropped into the room.
"Hi!” I whispered.
”Hi,” he whispered back, returning my smile.
He came over and sat by the bed. He touched my face, hesitantly, and I took his hand in mine.
"Tell me a story,” I said.
And he did. He told me of his life, how he had always been a vampire, growing up the youngest in his family, always forgotten. He didn’t have anyone at all. When he turned eight, he was given the job of Protector. An envelope held the name of who he was to protect. He opened it slowly, and read the name.
"Who? Who was it?” I asked. I remembered how the first time I asked, he didn’t tell me.
"I didn’t recognize the name,” he continued, swallowing. “In fact, that person wasn’t even part of the Underworld yet. I was confused- how could I protect someone who wasn’t even there? So I went to the Dark Lord, and he told me I would have to wait. He also told me something else- that I was to protect this girl with my life. Do you know what her name was?”
"No.”
"Akiko Nebulan."
"So you mean I’m- I’m the girl you protect?"
"Yes, that’s exactly what I mean."
“How do you feel about that?” I asked him.
“Really, really good.”
I was about to ask him something else, about why he hadn’t told me before, but he silenced me with another kiss and jumped back up to the ceiling.
xxxx
(sorry it's been so long. i finally figured out what I needed to do.)
Days blurred into weeks, weeks changed to months. I was getting on fine in the Underworld. I didn’t have any friends, but everything was so busy I didn’t have time for any. I had the most gorgeous clothes, the best place to live, the greatest position. Everyone wanted to be me.
There was still the one problem, though. That of the Dark Lord and Camarin. I knew it was Camarin that I wanted, but every candlelit dinner, every kiss, every touch I shared with the Dark Lord made me doubt myself. What would I be giving up? Would I even be able to give up?
That question haunted me every night when Camarin snuck into my room.
I didn't know what I should do. It seemed as if the future of the Underworld was in my hands, and in a way, it was. My future was just waiting for me to make a move. I had to do something, and fast.
I went to the Dark Lord, the only person of authority in this dictatorship. "Please understand," I whispered, after I told him I wasn't sure what I should tell him. "There's someone else. .I'm fifteen. I can't just be thrown into marriage when I'm not even sure if I want it." I wasn't making any sense, even to myself. What he said next shocked me.
"I will allow you to go with Camarin." How did he know it was Camarin I wanted?
"On condition." Great, I knew there was a catch.
"One month you shall have. Thirty days, no more, no less. You will have to leave the Underworld. This may seem like a blessing, but it is a danger. There will be no protection there, in the real world. You will be outcasts, and forces from Above can and will try to harm you. I pray you will be protected, and wish you would change your mind. But I can't hold you. Je t'aime, my love."
It was everything I had to keep from smiling.
"Pack now. Leave tonight."
I was happy to oblige. I dashed to my room and whisper-called to the ceiling, "Camarin!" Sure enough, he was there. "You can make noise," I said in a normal voice. "Guess what?" I squealed, bouncing on my heels and giggling.
"You're so cute when you're happy," he whispered in my ear, pulling me close to him. "What is it?"
"I went to the Dark Lord," I told him. "And he's allowing us to have a month together in the real world!"
"Really?"
"Yes!"
"That's great! I know just the place."
"Well, he told us to leave tonight," I said while interlacing our fingers.
"Let's go now. Bring only one change of clothes, there's a place for washing there."
My life was perfect, it seemed. Well, for 30 days, it would be. At least I had that with Camarin. When I glanced at him to smile again, I noticed something about our bond had changed drastically. And I had to tell him.

Last edited by lauren on 7/21/2010, 1:58 pm; edited 15 times in total
lauren
Short Story Writer
Short Story Writer

Female Posts : 410

http://www.lilacxxlauren.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Unknown (temp title) Empty Re: Unknown (temp title)

Post by Arianna 6/17/2010, 2:16 pm

Hey, this is good. Akiko is evil, but she's not really, 'cause she wants to be good. :O

Remember to put the maturity and fantasy at the top of your first post, though. (:
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Unknown (temp title) 461

http://www.pixelpuppy.net

Back to top Go down

Post by lauren 6/17/2010, 2:25 pm

Thanks!
Did I do the maturity/fantasy thing right?
lauren
Short Story Writer
Short Story Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by lauren 6/17/2010, 2:55 pm

Oh, I see what I need to do.
lauren
Short Story Writer
Short Story Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 6/17/2010, 2:55 pm

Yep, you did it right! ^^

:3 I really like the idea behind this one. I'll be following it!
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Unknown (temp title) 1312Unknown (temp title) 2412Unknown (temp title) 3349Unknown (temp title) 3548Unknown (temp title) 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Post by lauren 6/17/2010, 2:56 pm

Thanks, shadow! Smile I'm going to work on more today...
lauren
Short Story Writer
Short Story Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 6/17/2010, 8:35 pm

Ooh. I like it. Very Happy More?
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!
Female Posts : 15981

Back to top Go down

Post by lauren 6/18/2010, 10:06 am

Thanks! I wrote more. Under the line of xxx's.
lauren
Short Story Writer
Short Story Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by Arianna 6/19/2010, 9:07 am

Whoa. 0.o

I feel so sorry for Ajay. Sad
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Unknown (temp title) 461

Back to top Go down

Post by MusicWritingLove 6/19/2010, 9:59 am

Wow, that's really good... I'll be reading more!
MusicWritingLove
Novelette Scribe
Novelette Scribe

Female Posts : 982

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 6/19/2010, 12:40 pm

I have tears in my eyes now. The new parts were really good. ^^

And gosh, I hate her parents. >.> They're so horrible.
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Unknown (temp title) 1312Unknown (temp title) 2412Unknown (temp title) 3349Unknown (temp title) 3548Unknown (temp title) 3327

Back to top Go down

Post by lauren 6/20/2010, 3:44 pm

whoa, for real?
I've really got to feel better about my crativity level then xD I've been wondering all day what I should do next...

Whoever posts next can you tell me if you add new parts in a new post or if you just continually add it to the first post?
Next part I'll just add again until I find out Wink
lauren
Short Story Writer
Short Story Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by lauren 6/21/2010, 10:22 am

I added more Very Happy I don't know how good the very last part is, I'm notfeeling very good about it, but I'm going to leave it there.
lauren
Short Story Writer
Short Story Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by Arianna 6/21/2010, 10:45 am

Kill the Dark Lord!

Wait, if he's the grim reaper, isn't he the one who kills people?

OH MY GOSH I HAVE A SOLUTION.

He should commit suicide. ^^
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Unknown (temp title) 461

Back to top Go down

Post by lauren 6/21/2010, 11:04 am

I'll keep that in mind!! xDD
I love grimmy though ^^
lauren
Short Story Writer
Short Story Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 6/21/2010, 4:50 pm

The new part was so intriguing. ^^ For some reason, I like the funny little women you put in there. XD They added an interesting tone to the scene, and helped explain a lot. Like, that the Dark Lord is somebody desirable, and not just an ugly filthy horrid man.

I do have to say, though, it surprised me when Camarin said he was shy. He didn't seem like it from my first impressions of him, lol. xD
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lauren 6/22/2010, 9:34 am

I think he's not exactly shy, but awkward, like he's not sure what to do with himself. In my charrie development sheet it says he grew up in a big family being one of the youngest... xD that might accountfor soemthing.
lauren
Short Story Writer
Short Story Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 6/22/2010, 3:54 pm

Ahh, okay. :3 I see what you mean.
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lauren 6/22/2010, 5:17 pm

Either that or he has a personality disorder xD I'm trying to figure out what to do with him. I think I know what I want to do and it's really cool but I'm not sure... ACKK!
lauren
Short Story Writer
Short Story Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 6/22/2010, 5:45 pm

Haha, well, we all have moments like that as writers. ^^ I'm sure it's a great choice, whatever you're going with!
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rai 6/23/2010, 12:03 am

asdlfksajdlf

I love this! o-o
This, for me, is right next to Maximum Ride. I really like this so far.
I feel so bad for Ajay, though. Sad
And I likeeee Camirin. xD
Rai
Rai
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Female Posts : 1321

Back to top Go down

Post by lauren 6/23/2010, 2:03 am

Thanks Rai! <33
I now know what I'm gonna do! Pahahaha this is gonna be EPIC
lauren
Short Story Writer
Short Story Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by lauren 6/25/2010, 11:14 am

I added more...
lauren
Short Story Writer
Short Story Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 6/25/2010, 8:10 pm

I enjoyed the new parts. :3
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jinx 6/25/2010, 8:22 pm

Hmm. Interesting indeed.
Jinx
Jinx
Published Author
Published Author

{{Avvie thanks to Ave]

I wish I had covered all my tracks completely
'Cause I'm so afraid
Is that the light at the far end of the tunnel
Or just the train?~Tidal wave, Owl city.
Female Posts : 3205

http://www.playlist.com/playlist/17481697803

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next