The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Suggestion :3

4 posters

Go down

Suggestion :3 Empty Suggestion :3

Post by Rai 6/25/2010, 10:43 am

Nvm. :3

- - - - - -

-rai.

Last edited by Rai on 6/26/2010, 10:08 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : >.<)
Rai
Rai
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Female Posts : 1321

Back to top Go down

Suggestion :3 Empty Re: Suggestion :3

Post by Arianna 6/25/2010, 11:08 am

Hey, this is in the wrong place. I'll flag it to be moved. Smile

I'm afraid that I don't think that either of the boards you suggested should be added.

For the first board, I know what you mean - they have something like it on Mweor. What I've noticed is that about 1 in 3 rants end in flamewars, and if they don't then it's just a slew of "I agree"s or "good for you"s. -shrugs-

There's going to be some kind of advice column in the Twig Newspaper, but there are also a few advice threads in the Cup o' Joe section which you can post on.

Honestly, I think that they'd just clog up the forum. I know you mean well, but I think that topics for both of these sections would do just as well in the general Cup o' Joe section. Smile
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Suggestion :3 461

http://www.pixelpuppy.net

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 6/25/2010, 4:03 pm

Hmm . . . the second idea, I'm not so big on. We do have a few threads for such things, but I don't really think there's enough activity in that area to warrant a whole section. Rants/raves might be something to consider, but I haven't really seen a lot of those lately either . . . and Ari had a good point that the rants can easily end in flame wars. So good thinking, but I'm gonna need a couple mod words too before I can really say anything else. XD
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Suggestion :3 1312Suggestion :3 2412Suggestion :3 3349Suggestion :3 3548Suggestion :3 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Akeria 6/25/2010, 4:54 pm

I don't like either of these ideas, sorry...

The first one I think will just end... badly. Every time. I don't see a possible situation where it can end well. And if people are having things they want to rant about, they usually write it in their blogs.

The second idea has already been taken care of, because there's going to be an advice columnist in the newspaper.

I don't mean to like... shoot down your ideas, but... Yeah. I just don't agree with them... Sorry. :/
Akeria
Published Author
Published Author

Click the word counter to get to my TwigWriSum story!
Female Posts : 3571

http://raceagainstmachines.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rai 6/26/2010, 10:08 am

Alright, I understand all of your points. Smile

[can this be put in the archives/closed/locked?]
Rai
Rai
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Female Posts : 1321