The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Life of an Untypical Teenager. [MORE added!!!]

2 posters

Go down

The Life of an Untypical Teenager. [MORE added!!!] Empty The Life of an Untypical Teenager. [MORE added!!!]

Post by Rai 7/4/2010, 10:11 pm

Maturity: As the story progresses, it may involve kissing, violence, etc. xP
Fantasy: Low. :3

Prolouge:
Sometimes, you see a typical teenager walking down the street. Maybe she's texting, chatting with her friends, or softly banging her head to the music filling her head.
Sometimes, they really aren't that typical.

This is the story of me, Amanda Jones, attempting to take the world by storm. As you read this story, you'll discover the classic school jock, the amazing best friends, and the disgusting enemies.

You'll also discover...
the life of an [un]typical teenager.

- - - - - - - -

Chapter 1 :: The Previous Day.

My brown eyes flew open. I stared at my white ceiling for a moment, in a daze from just waking up. I realized what was going on and I rubbed my head. Back to reality.

Great.

I pushed myself out of bed and fumbled for my glasses. I'd just gotten new ones and I actually really enjoyed them. They were red and they were the new "thing." Nerd Glasses. My fingers finally found them. Pulling them on, everything became much more clear than it'd be without my beloved glasses. I looked around my room for my sketchbook, finally finding it under the clutter of crumpled papers, clothes, music sheets and other useless things.

I walked over to my screenless window: my dad had put in a screen the other day, but I had taken it out right after he was out of sight. He didn't know about the roof. The roof was my spot. I sat there every morning and night and reflected on what had happened. I pulled up the window and my foot searched for the solid roof. It finally found it, and I crumpled myself into a tight ball shape, making my way through the window.

I sat down on the roof, my large t-shirt the only thing covering me. I disregarded that, and put my sketchbook in my lap. My brown eyes searched for anything to draw, anything that caught my eye. I saw vines trying to grow up my mother's garden fence and immediately started drawing shapes, which formed a picture onto my blank page. I was fascinated by art: you could do anything you wanted to with it. There were no rules. The pencil took over, racing across the paper. I soon finished my rough sketch and held it up in front of me. I smiled, satisfied and sighed. I tossed my sketchbook back through the window and sat on the roof for a few more moments. I looked out at our yard: it was about 2 acres, including the land the house was on. We basically only had a backyard: our front yard was just a long, twisty driveway. The land next to the driveway wasn't ours: I think that land was reserved for building more houses. I sighed and snapped out of my thoughts.

My mind delved deeper into itself. My mind was swirling at the moment: I was thinking about tomorrow. My final year of high school.

I crumpled my body back through the window, deciding to go inside. My body was becoming too big to fit through the "I-would-fit-if-I-was-an-8-year-old" window. I shut the window quickly and pulled the curtains in front of it. I shifted over to my dresser and grabbed some "Sophie" shorts. I pulled them on under my large shirt quickly and then raced down the stairs.

I flicked on the television, only to see something very disturbing. I watched it anyways: I kind of liked scaring myself. As I poured myself some cereal and milk, I watched the television program. It was about a young boy, who'd gone with his friend into a lake. This lake had brain eating parasites, that crawled into your nose, then into your brain. It ate some of his brain and he died. Ewww. I felt sad for a moment before switching the channel to something more happy.

I ate my Rice Krispies cereal & honey quickly, and then stuffed it into the sink. Hearing some footsteps coming from my mother's room, I knew she was awake. Sure enough, my mother came waltzing out of her room, flouncing around her white nightgown.

"Good morning, Sunshine!" She sang happily.
"Good morning, ma," I said, a lot less enthusiastic than I'd intended it to sound.

Her mouth turned to a frown and she looked at me with her big brown eyes. She cocked her head to the side, as if studying me.

"What's wrong, honeybun?" She asked me.
She bounced over to the refrigerator, and opened the freezer door. She grabbed some frozen peas, poured them into a bowl, and then began to eat. I would never get used to her eccentricity.
"Eh, just a bit tired, I guess," I lied.

My mom wasn't really the kind of person you poured your thoughts and tears into. She would listen to you, but she wouldn't understand a word of it. She wouldn't be able to help with your problems either. Mom just didn't really get it.

My mom shrugged at my response, not really going to try to find the problems her 18 year old daughter was having. I just sighed inwardly.

Suddenly, Pete came rumbling down the stairs. He came over to me, and drummed his hands against my back.

"Who's ready for their senior yearrrr?" He yelled, smiling. "MANDEEEEE!"

I laughed and pushed him away. He smiled and laughed. Pete walked over to the fridge, got the milk, and then walked over to the pantry. He grabbed the "Lucky Charms" cereal box, then a bowl (he usually just pours the milk in the box) and poured in the cereal and milk into the bowl.. He set the milk back in the refrigerator (shockingly), but left the cereal out.

I quickly put the cereal back in the pantry for him, almost too used to it. He chugged the cereal and milk quickly, making slurping noises all the while.

TWINS.
BROTHERS.

I rolled my eyes and chuckled, used to Pete's absurd behavior. I washed off my finished dishes in the sink and walked over to the couch.

Pete sat down next to me and looked at me.

"You ready for tomorrow?" He asked.
I shrugged, and looked at Pete's similar brown eyes.
"I don't know. I'm a bit nervous. What about you?"
"Honestly? I don't care," He responded with a shrug, and we both laughed.

I smiled at Pete.
He was a pretty great brother. He was extremely rude, and kind of gross, but he was still pretty nice. He and I were pretty close: we'd been each other's best friends for years. I guessed it helped that we were twins. We've definitely had our fights: but they were become fewer and farther between.

Pete reached out and rubbed my back, sensing my nervousness. I smiled a quick thanks to him and he nodded. I knew what he would've said if he'd spoken: "It's what best friends are for." Pete then grabbed the remotes, and flipped through hundreds of channels. He finally decided on WWE wrestling. It must've been a re-run: he watched it so much, I actually knew the times. He laughed and pounded the table when Jeff Hardy (his favorite) totally demolished some other man.

I joined in with him and we both laughed.

I got up from the couch.

"Hey, where ya goin'?" Pete asked me.
"I think I'm gonna call Em," I responded.

Pete rolled his eyes and pretended to choke and I glared at him. He smiled forgivingly and put his hands up, then turned to watch his "entertaining" channel again.

I smiled, shaking my head, and walked towards the counter. I picked up the phone and dropped it. I got on my knees and searched for batteries, phone backs, and other phone parts. I eventually found and put all the parts of the phone back in their place, then dialed Em's number.

"Hella'?" Em's sweet voice said.
"Hey, Em, it's me," I said.
"Oh, hey 'Manda. What'ya doin' callin' me?" She asked.
"Eh, I was just wondering if you wanted to hang out for a bit. Maybe go to the smoothie bar, beach, or something like that," I answered.
"Ya! Sure, I'd love to! Why don't we hit the beach?" She suggested.
"Sounds cool," I said.
"Awesome. Let me go tell Mom. Come and pick me up in... 15?" She asked.
"Yup! See ya soon," I responded.

I hung up and pressed the phone back down onto the charger. I walked into the garage, grabbed a small cooler, and then walked back inside. I opened up the fridge and quickly stashed a few random foods in there, as I did with the drinks. I assumed we'd be going to the smoothie bar on the beach, so I didn't pack as much as I would've.

"Hey mom!" I called. "I'm going to the beach with Em! I'll be back later!"
"...with Em," I heard Pete mumble.
"Shutup," I growled.
"Alright, hun!" My mom sang.
"You can't make me," Pete growled back.

I shot Pete a glare and this time he did the same. I folded my arms and raised one eyebrow and Pete still glared. Eventually Pete looked away and I stuck my tongue out. Turning around, I smiled to myself. My feet ran up the stairs and I came back into my cluttered, messy room. I opened a few drawers. My eyes raced to find a bathing suit. I eventually found a few. Each were bikinis, but not too revealing or inappropriate. I chose a black bathing suit, with light green polka dots on the top and light green stripes on the bottom. I pulled it on quickly and flipped my brown hair. I wasn't much of an appearance-focused girl, but I do like to look good sometimes. I went to the bathroom, put a little water-proof mascara on and then grabbed a cover-up. I tossed it over my head and it slid onto my body comfortably. Racing down the stairs, I grabbed my flip flops. My toes fiddled with them for a moment before finding a grip to slide them on.

Pete looked at me and laughed.

"Hmmm, guess who's in a rush," He laughed.
I smiled, "Get your panties out of a bunch," I said.

We both cracked up.

Pete held out his hand for a high-five and I high-fived him. He smiled at me and stood up. He motioned for me to turn around and he tied the back of my cover-up.

"Thank you," I said. "I didn't even notice it wasn't tied."
"No problemo. Have fun," Pete said.

I smiled and hugged him, then grabbed the cooler and my sunglasses. I rushed out the door. I opened my passenger door to my old Ford truck. and threw the cooler in. I put the sunglasses on and ran over to the other side of the car. I opened the door and sat in the seat. Quickly stuffing the keys in the ignition, the car came alive. My eyes wandered to the clock, to see the time. Crap. I was about 7 minutes late.

I opened the garage door using the automatic button-thingy in my car. It didn't open quickly enough, but I waited. My hand fumbled for the stick and I put the car in reverse. I slammed on the gas and skillfully pulled out of the driveway.

(beginning of Chapter 1.)
[i]

Last edited by Rai on 7/18/2010, 10:07 am; edited 5 times in total
Rai
Rai
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Female Posts : 1321

Back to top Go down

The Life of an Untypical Teenager. [MORE added!!!] Empty Re: The Life of an Untypical Teenager. [MORE added!!!]

Post by MusicWritingLove 7/5/2010, 3:02 pm

I like it, but at the start of chapter 1, you put green eyes, and then by the final paragraph she has brown eyes...

Apart from that, nice job!
MusicWritingLove
Novelette Scribe
Novelette Scribe

Female Posts : 982

Back to top Go down

The Life of an Untypical Teenager. [MORE added!!!] Empty Re: The Life of an Untypical Teenager. [MORE added!!!]

Post by Rai 7/6/2010, 4:09 pm

Oops! I'll change that, lol! XD

And thank you! Smile
Rai
Rai
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by MusicWritingLove 7/6/2010, 4:10 pm

Haha, you're welcome! 8D
MusicWritingLove
Novelette Scribe
Novelette Scribe

Female Posts : 982

Back to top Go down

Post by Rai 7/7/2010, 9:38 pm

I added some more of Chapter 1 up. Smile
Sorry that I haven't been adding large amounts of words. XD I've been kind of busy: tomorrow I will devote my day to writing. XD
Rai
Rai
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by Rai 7/18/2010, 10:37 am

I added some more! Very Happy
Sorry it took so long: I was having a large bout of writer's block. ._.
Rai
Rai
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down