The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Would you call yourself a "healthy eater"?

+13
Squeecky540
shadowsowner888
Avé
Jinx
Noah the Flood
Arianna
Kiriana Shadeweaver
Rai
Malicious Nightmares
B
Komoda
rattyjol
lauren
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Would you call yourself a "healthy eater"? Empty Would you call yourself a "healthy eater"?

Post by lauren 7/19/2010, 12:18 pm

My definition of "healthy" means eating good food, with fruits/veggies/good stuff and not limiting yourself to absolutley no sweets or anything.
I eat that way most of the time, but I just got back from camp and the food there was terrible, so I've been eating terribly the last few days. I'm just going to let myself go for a week, dude, cuz I'm STARVED FOR REAL, GOOD FOOD.
So, ANSWER THE QUESTION.
lauren
Short Story Writer
Short Story Writer

Female Posts : 410

http://www.lilacxxlauren.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Would you call yourself a "healthy eater"? Empty Re: Would you call yourself a "healthy eater"?

Post by rattyjol 7/19/2010, 12:21 pm

Uh.. no. xD Not one bit. I hate pretty much anything but starchy stuff (rice, potatoes, pasta, etc.), white bread, milk, and chocolate. My parents usually have to force me to eat anything else. rolleyes
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!
Female Posts : 15981

Back to top Go down

Would you call yourself a "healthy eater"? Empty Re: Would you call yourself a "healthy eater"?

Post by Komoda 7/19/2010, 12:29 pm

I just had ice cream for breakfast. Does that answer your question? XD
Komoda
Komoda
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by B 7/19/2010, 12:36 pm

Well, I'm a vegetarian. So sorta. I eat junk food but I check the ingredients to make sure theres no fat or anything meat.
B
B
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 6404

http://nerds54.forumotion.net/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by lauren 7/19/2010, 12:43 pm

That's cool, B. I met quite a few vegetarians at camp which was interesting.

Yeah I just ate myself some ice cream too, at 10:45.
Ratty, i LOVE eating baked potatoes with salt, cheese, and a load of BBQ sauce all mashed up. Itsounds and looks gross, but it is delicious. I think I'll eat that for lunch xD which it is now about 11:45 so I'll eat it soonish. <3
lauren
Short Story Writer
Short Story Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by Malicious Nightmares 7/19/2010, 12:44 pm

Nowhere near a healthy eater. XD
Malicious Nightmares
Malicious Nightmares
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 19506

http://www.shadowfire.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Rai 7/19/2010, 12:54 pm

I could consider myself a healthy eater, I guess. Razz

Sometimes I have my quirks, where I go on a sugar/junk food rampage (Lol!), but I usually eat fairly healthy. There's a few days where I eat more sweets or sodas than I should, but eh. Razz Lol! I love baked potatoes and rice: those are pretty much my main foods. XD I'm allergic to wheat flour, so it's hard to get grains and the right nutritious foods that your body needs, sometimes. Razz But, it really can help you be healthier: no cake, no cookies, no cupcakes. No bread, pasta, or etc. It really stinks sometimes, but I got used to it and I'm healthier than I used to be.

Have you ever tried rice and shredded cheddar? You should: it's totally amazing. <333

[/babbling]
Rai
Rai
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Female Posts : 1321

Back to top Go down

Post by lauren 7/19/2010, 12:56 pm

No bread?NO PASTA?! Gosh, I'm sorry Rai Sad
Was it something like where you grew up eating that stuff then all of the sudden you had a reaction? Or was it all your life?
lauren
Short Story Writer
Short Story Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiriana Shadeweaver 7/19/2010, 1:16 pm

Nope, not really. If we have junk food, which is all the time, I'll opt for that rather than take five minutes to make a sandwich because I am a lazy person!
That or I eat, like, four pieces of toast.
I don't typically drink pop, because all we ever have is Pepsi (which I hate), but I honest to goodness don't remember the last time I had a glass of milk. It's almost always water, which, while it isn't bad for you doesn't really supply any nutrients either.
On top of that I generally end up skipping a meal a day... during school I never have time for breakfast, and over summer I typically pass on lunch. And I haven't been snacking all that much lately either.
Kiriana Shadeweaver
Kiriana Shadeweaver
Short Story Writer
Short Story Writer

Female Posts : 472

Back to top Go down

Post by Rai 7/19/2010, 1:29 pm

Well, you're born with it. It's pretty hard to diagnose and it's genetically transmitted. My mother has it and I wound up getting it, too.

Yeah, I've had it ever since I was born. Razz
I've had symptoms for all my life: sometimes you don't have symptoms, even though you have the disease. But, anyways, it makes you dizzy, queasy, tired, your stomach hurts, and it makes your stomach extremely bloated.

When my mother was undiagnosed, we thought she was pregnant because her stomach would bloat so badly. Not like, 9 months pregnant, but it totally looked like she had a baby bump. XD

I was diagnosed, what, 3 years ago? So it was pretty sudden, but I feel soooo much better. I actually don't miss it that much, because I know how horrible it feels when I ate it. xP

So, I've had the symptoms for all my life, but we just thought I would get sick a good bit. I was also a hu-uge drama queen when I was little, so that didn't help my parents think something was really wrong, either. XD
I don't blame them for not taking me to the doctor until I was older. When I was younger, I fell of my bike and refused to walk for two days until my mother took me to the doctor. The doctor told me nothing was wrong and I walked right out of that hospital. XDDD

So...yeah. Sorry for rambling a little bit. XD

Rai
Rai
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Female Posts : 1321

Back to top Go down

Post by Arianna 7/19/2010, 1:36 pm

Yes, very.

I don't eat anything with sugar, at all. I eat tons of fruits and vegetables and I'm a vegetarian. Which isn't exactly a trait of all healthy eaters, as eating fish too is actually even healthier, but whatever.

I also never eat junk food and I drink tons of milk! :3

Now if I'm a balanced eater... well, that's another question! ^^;
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Would you call yourself a "healthy eater"? 461

http://www.pixelpuppy.net

Back to top Go down

Post by lauren 7/19/2010, 1:51 pm

Wow, Ari! I applaud you *claps*
I guess it's not possible NEVER to eat a bit of junk, have you EVER eaten a piece of junk food? And do you ever crave something sweet? I guess if you did, there's a lot of sweet fruits like watermelon then. If you don't mind my asking
lauren
Short Story Writer
Short Story Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by Arianna 7/19/2010, 1:57 pm

lauren wrote:Wow, Ari! I applaud you *claps*
I guess it's not possible NEVER to eat a bit of junk, have you EVER eaten a piece of junk food? And do you ever crave something sweet? I guess if you did, there's a lot of sweet fruits like watermelon then. If you don't mind my asking
-bows-

Well, for the last year or so I haven't. I started being a health freak about a year and a half ago. Also, a germ freak. I don't know what happened, but I suddenly... I was just healthy. D: Last summer I slipped and had a chocolate chip cookie and I felt HORRIBLE about it. It was too sweet and I felt horribly guilty and I couldn't stand it.
But it's been over a year now since that fateful thing. Razz Sometimes I'm forced to eat things which have a bit of sugar in them. We were in Greece and the only thing we could eat sometimes was white bread, which has sugar in it... so rather than starving to death, I ate that. But I stopped drinking my vitamins a bit ago because they had sugar in them. -shrugs- I also can't stand anything with hydrogenated vegetable oils or lots of saturated fats or artificial flavoring.
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by lauren 7/19/2010, 1:58 pm

Well, I'm like, really proud of you. I think that's a really good way to be. (:

lauren
Short Story Writer
Short Story Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by Komoda 7/19/2010, 2:00 pm

What I last copied / wrote:But I stopped drinking my vitamins a bit ago because they had sugar in them.

Ari, do you still have vitamins in pill form, at least? You could become very unhealthy without them. D:
Komoda
Komoda
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Noah the Flood 7/19/2010, 2:02 pm

Hmm.
Sorta.
I try to eat rather healthy, like, mainly my diet consist of chicken, fish, and pasta, with veggies and some fruit.
But I have certant food I like to eat thats 'junk food'. Like, potatoe chips and sour cream, fudge cookies with white chocolate chips (:3), marshmellow bunnies (Which, are actually KINDA healthy...besides the sugar, marshmellows don't really have that much fat or stuff). I usually eat whole-weat bread to..
And I'm not a big fan of red meat (Steak mainly) but every now and then I'll have a hamburger.
But when it comes to junk food, I actually like spicy or sour stuff better. I'm not a big fan of cake icing, only chocolate, or cake in genral. I don't eat cupcakes either..
But I also don't eat ice cream or drink milk, considering I'm lactos entalorent, so...I have to find some vitamins in other stuff.
I guess the main thing I eat thats not that healthy is fried foods.
Noah the Flood
Noah the Flood
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Male Posts : 10544

Back to top Go down

Post by lauren 7/19/2010, 2:06 pm

I didn't know you were lactose intolerant, noah. Interesting.

Also with Ari i'm really scared of germs.
lauren
Short Story Writer
Short Story Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jinx 7/19/2010, 2:10 pm

Neh. I guess I'm a healthy eater, but not really by my own choice. First off, my parents don't buy me chocolate or starburst or any of the unhealthy stuff I like. Pretty much my only unhealthy stuff is the occasional McDs. Also, I can stand the taste of pop or any of the rich stuff I liked as I kid, so I end up buying healthy stuff anyway. Like a smoothie instead of a sundae.
Jinx
Jinx
Published Author
Published Author

{{Avvie thanks to Ave]

I wish I had covered all my tracks completely
'Cause I'm so afraid
Is that the light at the far end of the tunnel
Or just the train?~Tidal wave, Owl city.
Female Posts : 3205

http://www.playlist.com/playlist/17481697803

Back to top Go down

Post by Arianna 7/19/2010, 2:21 pm

Komoda wrote:
What I last copied / wrote:But I stopped drinking my vitamins a bit ago because they had sugar in them.

Ari, do you still have vitamins in pill form, at least? You could become very unhealthy without them. D:
I haven't for the last month or so but as soon as we go to the US we're getting lotsa vitamins. -feels hypocritical- But I still have my vitamin C! Very Happy
Noah the Flood wrote:Hmm.
Sorta.
I try to eat rather healthy, like, mainly my diet consist of chicken, fish, and pasta, with veggies and some fruit.
But I have certant food I like to eat thats 'junk food'. Like, potatoe chips and sour cream, fudge cookies with white chocolate chips (:3), marshmellow bunnies (Which, are actually KINDA healthy...besides the sugar, marshmellows don't really have that much fat or stuff). I usually eat whole-weat bread to..
And I'm not a big fan of red meat (Steak mainly) but every now and then I'll have a hamburger.
But when it comes to junk food, I actually like spicy or sour stuff better. I'm not a big fan of cake icing, only chocolate, or cake in genral. I don't eat cupcakes either..
But I also don't eat ice cream or drink milk, considering I'm lactos entalorent, so...I have to find some vitamins in other stuff.
Noah, do you drink lactose-free milk? That's actually what I drink, because... well, I don't know. xD

Also, I just had ice cream. And it was HEALTHY. ^^ And yummy. And homemade. And it had no sugar. ^^ Beat that. xD
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Avé 7/19/2010, 3:18 pm

Well, see, I absolutely love junk food. I don't let myself eat a lot of it, though. Actually, my mom doesn't let me. She's all about eating healthy, which can really suck sometimes, though I suppose it's good in the end. And I can still eat the foods I like, though in smaller portions. Meh. I'll benefit from it, so I'm fine with it.

... and then there are the times I sneak downstairs at 3 in the morning while talking to Jaidis and grab a few chocolate chips and a lemon bar, smuggle them back up to my room, and nomnomnom.
Avé
Avé
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 5955

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 7/19/2010, 3:36 pm

I'm horrible at eating healthy. I do well enough if I'm not near the junk, cus then I just eat the healthy stuff that's available. I'll even ask mom for healthier stuff from the grocery store. xD But if I were locked in a big room for a week with junk food one one side, and healthy stuff on the other, then I probably wouldn't even touch the healthy stuff.

Or, wait, no, that's not true. I'd probably go back and forth - pigging out on junk, then getting sick and cleansing myself on healthy stuff before feeling like going back. XD
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Would you call yourself a "healthy eater"? 1312Would you call yourself a "healthy eater"? 2412Would you call yourself a "healthy eater"? 3349Would you call yourself a "healthy eater"? 3548Would you call yourself a "healthy eater"? 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Noah the Flood 7/19/2010, 4:46 pm

Arianna wrote:
Komoda wrote:

I haven't for the last month or so but as soon as we go to the US we're getting lotsa vitamins. -feels hypocritical- But I still have my vitamin C! Very Happy
Noah the Flood wrote:Hmm.
Sorta.
Noah, do you drink lactose-free milk? That's actually what I drink, because... well, I don't know. xD

Also, I just had ice cream. And it was HEALTHY. ^^ And yummy. And homemade. And it had no sugar. ^^ Beat that. xD

Noooo, I've never really liked drinking plain milk anyway, but...
There are some ice creams I can have. Like, Chick-fil-a's icecream isn't high in lactos, and neither is Wendy's Frosties...which, I'm not sure if you've ever had Ari, since A) You're in Europe and B) THey have sugar xD

Ooooh, thats awesome! Homemade is the best...even though it can be to sweet for my sometimes.
Noah the Flood
Noah the Flood
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Male Posts : 10544

Back to top Go down

Post by lauren 7/20/2010, 1:54 pm

I loooove frosties :3 extraspecially the ones with oreos.
lauren
Short Story Writer
Short Story Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by Squeecky540 7/27/2010, 2:10 am

I'll say no. But my dad says I can eat whatever I want and not have to worry for thirty years for I have his metabolism. ^_^
Squeecky540
Squeecky540
Short Story Writer
Short Story Writer

Female Posts : 331

Back to top Go down

Post by Johnny Gal 7/27/2010, 9:27 am

haha haha haha

healthy eateh?

rightttttt xDDD lol i am probably the most unhealthy eater on the planet XD lol
Johnny Gal
Johnny Gal
Novelette Scribe
Novelette Scribe

Female Posts : 781

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next