The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tattered § Book One; Forgotten Nightmare § An Original Story by Karie

Go down

Tattered § Book One; Forgotten Nightmare § An Original Story by Karie Empty Tattered § Book One; Forgotten Nightmare § An Original Story by Karie

Post by Karie 7/22/2010, 4:55 pm

Tattered
Book One; Forgotten Nightmare

Maturity: Medium, there will be relationships and pregnancies in this book. Occasional battles.
Fantasy: Medium, this book is about winged wolves that speak.

Introduction

The silky silver fingers of gentle moonlight reached through the thin spaces between the willow leaves, dappling against the damp grass. A violet sky dazzled with an ocean of stars above the mountains, and I was quite surprised that evening had arrived so rapidly. However, I didn't have the nerve to go back. After the incident, my family had thrown me out of my own home. They didn't want me there, and honestly I couldn't argue with them. After I had become what I am now, I could not bring myself to blame them for despising me.

Black wings had grown from my back, giving me the ability to take to the air like I was a shooting star. But that was not the only characteristic that had changed about me; I had changed into a completely different wolf. If I had been beautiful before, now I couldn't compare. Of course, I still had my slim, graceful stature, but everything else seemed to have changed.

After I had been flung from my parent's lives, I had padded through a seemingly endless wood. The different trees blanketed me in a chilly green, and my heart felt heavy as I continued. I came across a small creek, and thirsty as I was, could not resist the impulse to hydrate my flimsy, weak limbs. Dipping my head, I closed my eyes to take a few pleasant sips of water. Fluttering open, my eyes opened onto the sight of a female wolf that looked nothing like me.

My previously snow white fur had vanished, leaving behind a soft, silky dark shade. My eyes were no longer baby blue, as they had been from the moment I had been before. They were now an amazing shade of violet with neon green flecks. And the most surprising change was the wings. They were delicate, the same fragile black color as my fur. Underneath the thin, healthy black feathers was a fluffy underlay of lime green feathers.

So enticed by my new appearance, I figured that I hadn't noticed the silver tears that had sprung to my eyes. Letting out a shrill, mournful howl, I collapsed into a mess of fur and feathers. Laying my head onto my paws, my wings fluttering up as they covered up my sides. Humiliated, I wept until I could finally sleep, and I fell unconscious as I looked up.

Now I'm here. I padded through the wood, along the creek for a water supply and fish, looking for somewhere to stay. I had a feeling that I would not be able to find another pack for quite a while, and that depressed me. Finally, I stumbled upon this clearing. Last night I fell asleep with only one though. Are there any others like me out there?

Karie
Karie
Inspired Novice
Inspired Novice

Female Posts : 9

Back to top Go down