The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arianna's Book Blog Giveaway Blog for the 23rd of July, 2010

3 posters

Go down

Arianna's Book Blog Giveaway Blog for the 23rd of July, 2010 Empty Arianna's Book Blog Giveaway Blog for the 23rd of July, 2010

Post by Arianna 7/23/2010, 12:33 pm

In the last week pretty much the only thing I have done is sat at the computer. And read.

Well, I did other stuff, but that's all that really counts, haha.

I finished all of the books that I got for my birthday - at least the ones that came on time. They were mostly pretty good. :3 Then, the day before yesterday (or was it two days before?) I got another two books. And then, yesterday, I got three more. They were surprises from my mom - Sisters Red, Siren, and Whisper. Sisters Red was pretty good and I have yet to read the other two. I am happy. Very Happy

Other things… Well, our family friend stayed with us for a few days. She was attending a conference in our city, so she was here. She's nice. We're gonna be staying at her parents' house when we're in the US, so I guess we're equal. Razz

Then, a rant… I have this friend, Emilia. She's really nice. We were sorta like best friends in fifth grade, but then she went off to India for a year of school. Then she came back after another year (grade 6 and 7) and now she goes to a school here, just not our school.

She comes over to our house a lot, but what bothers me is that she's friends with my little sister and brother now. Which is fine, but it just annoys me. They're 8 and 9, she's 13. They have sleepovers and watch movies and make films, and I feel… I don't know, left out? Like my last friend is abandoning me for my little siblings?

But the thing is, I'm sort of jealous of her, too, because she'd be such a better sister for them than I am. She's the youngest of 7 or 8 or 9 kids so I guess she likes playing the older sister role and hanging out with them, while all I do is sit at the computer and read.

Should I be mad at myself for being jealous? Ugh.

Anyway, we went to an amusement park-like thing the day before yesterday with her and our family friend, and my dad and my siblings. I acted really mean and stubborn the whole time, even though I sorta got better at the end. I hate acting like a jerk. I wish I just wasn't so mean. ._.

Other things… Um. I have a Spanish workbook to do, and I want to do that sometime but I don't know when. We don't actually have to do it but I need to be good at Spanish when we start next year.

I haven't anything else to say about non-online things, so let's move onto the stuff on the interwebz. Well, for one, there's TwigAdopts. I did this whole recode and now I'm just like, So what? Because I have to update all these things, put new pets up (actually, that's Jade's job but I'm not sure when she's gonna be online next), find out how to make the old links to pets still work… And there are all of these lovely glitches which I don't know why I can't solve.

I want to finish working on TwigAdopts for a bit, not because I don't like it but because of the masses of projects I've taken on. For Twig there's Twig Times and the upcoming conversion to MyBB, which are both putting me on the edge of my seat because I'm both anxious and nervous. I don't want to do anything wrong, and so… yeah. This'll be my last blog on this Twig - at least, it'll be the last one which actually gets converted. And then there'll be no more thread descriptions… no more ninjas. Ugh.

I also have to iron out (I should seriously stop using that phrase) a few glitches on the MyBB version I was testing. Like the user bbcodes thing. It was working perfectly a bit ago, and now I somehow messed it up and it's not working at all… Hmm. And the post counts for the forums, because they've gone completely awry (or have always been that way, it seems) and you don't want to click on a thread which says it has ten replies and then find five pages of posts…

And then there's this amazing new photography site that I'm making, with Wow and Kitty. Well, I haven't actually started programming the thing, yet, but I made a layout and Wow's making a banner or something. I think. It's a great idea (at least, I hope) and I'm sure it'll be fun to work on a project with them, but it's another thing to add to my to-do list.

The last and most important thing (maybe) that I'm working on is my book blog. My book blog is important because it is. I can't find any other reason why. It's fun, I guess. I like reading books, but my worry is that I'll run out of books to review and the whole thing will run dry… Anyway, let's not think about that. Let's have some shameless advertising to tell you to go and check it out, instead.

My blog is called Arianna Noms Books and there actually is a reason you should visit it. Not just because there are mediocre reviews of YA books or because I'm begging you, but because I'm giving out a free book.

FREE BOOK. Did you hear that? It's practically echoing around here. Anyway, it's a giveaway. I got two extra copies of the book Girl at Sea because Amazon messed up. We paid 8.21 for all three copies together, and my mom said I could have a giveaway. The other copy is going to the school library, because it's seriously lacking in good books.

Girl at Sea is written by Maureen Johnson and it was published in 2006, I think. But whatever. It's a really, really good book, and I know you want to read it. ^^ So head on over to my blog and enter the giveaway, if you please. Very Happy And tell friends!

Um. That's enough promotion, I think. Haha, anyway, really do consider it. Smile

And that concludes my stressed summer blog, because if you're me, you'll never get away from the ten thousand (and one) things you always seem to have to do.

Arianna the book blogger (and programmer, and writer, and website administrator, and… you know, just forget it).

P.S. (Addition at 6:24PM.) GUESS WHAT? I got to go to the dermatologist. Oops, not that. I got two more new books! AND ONE OF THEM'S LINGER! AND THE OTHER IS RULES OF ATTRACTION!!! -freaks out- Yaaaaaaaay! Very Happy
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Arianna's Book Blog Giveaway Blog for the 23rd of July, 2010 461

http://www.pixelpuppy.net

Back to top Go down

Arianna's Book Blog Giveaway Blog for the 23rd of July, 2010 Empty Re: Arianna's Book Blog Giveaway Blog for the 23rd of July, 2010

Post by shadowsowner888 7/23/2010, 7:49 pm

I'm proud to say I saw the giveaway before I even read this blog. grin I really do enjoy it! Lol, I'm sure you won't run out of books, as long as you actually keep reading. xD Seriously, there's billions out there.
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Arianna's Book Blog Giveaway Blog for the 23rd of July, 2010 1312Arianna's Book Blog Giveaway Blog for the 23rd of July, 2010 2412Arianna's Book Blog Giveaway Blog for the 23rd of July, 2010 3349Arianna's Book Blog Giveaway Blog for the 23rd of July, 2010 3548Arianna's Book Blog Giveaway Blog for the 23rd of July, 2010 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Arianna's Book Blog Giveaway Blog for the 23rd of July, 2010 Empty Re: Arianna's Book Blog Giveaway Blog for the 23rd of July, 2010

Post by Akeria 7/23/2010, 10:49 pm

Me too! Well, I saw it on twitter, I just hadn't clicked on the link yet...
Akeria
Published Author
Published Author

Click the word counter to get to my TwigWriSum story!
Female Posts : 3571

http://raceagainstmachines.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Arianna 7/24/2010, 3:38 am

I noticed, Ado. :3 The only problem is while there are millions of books I can and want to read, there are not tens of millions of dollars for me to buy them with. ^^

Yay! :3
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Arianna's Book Blog Giveaway Blog for the 23rd of July, 2010 461

http://www.pixelpuppy.net

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 7/24/2010, 10:22 pm

Well . . . um, you can use your fancy German library? XD Or . . . read manga online! Yeah! That counts, right?
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Arianna's Book Blog Giveaway Blog for the 23rd of July, 2010 1312Arianna's Book Blog Giveaway Blog for the 23rd of July, 2010 2412Arianna's Book Blog Giveaway Blog for the 23rd of July, 2010 3349Arianna's Book Blog Giveaway Blog for the 23rd of July, 2010 3548Arianna's Book Blog Giveaway Blog for the 23rd of July, 2010 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down