The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blacksville

2 posters

Go down

Blacksville Empty Blacksville

Post by Mrs. Twarry Matsuda 7/23/2010, 4:56 pm

This is just some random thing I wrote off a picture prompt, a picture of a black and hwite world where you can see color through a pair of sunglasses.
At least, that's how I interpreted it. :3

My world is in black and white.
Literally.
There are no colors, except for when travelers come to see our town. But they slowly fade to black and white, too. We can’t send anything outside our city, and no one can leave. So people vacationing always stay in our small little town; Blacksville. Most come from Brightsville, wanting to laugh at us and then leave, but none of them know that once you come, you stay.
We try to tell them, but they keep coming.

A few years back, some people escaped. A man named Simone(see-moan-ay) invented these glasses that had you see everything in color. Everything was beautiful, and he couldn’t see the border so he walked towards it, and out of the city! Everyone was shocked, and he tossed the glasses through the border. Everyone was evacuating, but one man named Ferska(fair-skah) became greedy and when he crossed over to Brightsville, he didn’t toss the glasses back. He kept them and we were once again trapped inside Blacksville.
Blacksies have been trying ever since to re-invent the glasses, but to no avail. The Brightsies laugh at us when they walk by to gather food, and one woman swore she saw Ferska with them one time. Now they have patrollers on the border, who will try and get the glasses from Ferska if he ever shows up.

Who am I, you ask? I’m Hurley Devid’sone(deh-vid-soon), a twelve-year old Blacksie. I am one of those people trying to invent those glasses, but I’ve gotten closer. With my prototype, you can see red, blue, and yellow. I’m working on the other colors at the moment. I know all the greedy people in this town, and plan to tie them up when I get these glasses to work.

What? You want to help me? Ha. Are you even an inventor? You’re from Whitesville, you say? None of them ever come here. Ever. Why did you come here? You want to help us escape? Well, were you an inventor in your town? No? Then how will you help?
WHAT?! The border to Whitesville has been open the whole time!? Why didn’t anyone tell us? Whitesville is the same as Blacksville? Oh. Then that won’t help us. We need to get to Brightsville or somewhere with color. We can’t even tell if fruit is ripe or not, because it’s always black or white!

Dangit, leave me alone. I have to get to work on these glasses. They’re the only thing worth doing in this stupid place. Go away. I don’t want to talk to you.

Goodbye, Whitesie.

How do you think it is? Please tell me.
Mrs. Twarry Matsuda
Mrs. Twarry Matsuda
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Blacksville Siggy Blacksville Siggy Blacksville Siggy Blacksville Siggy
Female Posts : 5932

http://role-playemp.roflforum.net/forum.htm - Mine http://role-p

Back to top Go down

Blacksville Empty Re: Blacksville

Post by Mrs. Jessi O'Shea 7/23/2010, 4:59 pm