The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Put your last post of this Twig here~

+16
Noah the Flood
B
UchihaGirl1135
rattyjol
Avé
shadowsowner888
Malicious Nightmares
Komoda
Aven
MCRRockz123
Arianna
Squeecky540
MusicWritingLove
Kiriana Shadeweaver
Jinx
lauren
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Put your last post of this Twig here~ - Page 2 Empty Re: Put your last post of this Twig here~

Post by UchihaGirl1135 8/1/2010, 10:03 pm

the New TWIG is working better for me. YAY I'm happy!
UchihaGirl1135
UchihaGirl1135
Well-Known Author
Well-Known Author

Female Posts : 4769

http://www.emy1196.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Put your last post of this Twig here~ - Page 2 Empty Re: Put your last post of this Twig here~

Post by Noah the Flood 8/1/2010, 10:50 pm

WOW! Alot of stuff is fixed for me. Of course, I can't stand it, just cause of this computor, but I can barely standing being on this computor in genral.

But I'm happy with got WYSIWYG formating on the posts Very Happy So happy.
Noah the Flood
Noah the Flood
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Male Posts : 10544

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 8/1/2010, 11:46 pm

Lol, let's just hope we can sort out all the glitches with WYSIWYG before Ari leaves for America. XD I'm really glad to hear that it's started working better for both of you, though!
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Put your last post of this Twig here~ - Page 2 1312Put your last post of this Twig here~ - Page 2 2412Put your last post of this Twig here~ - Page 2 3349Put your last post of this Twig here~ - Page 2 3548Put your last post of this Twig here~ - Page 2 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Noah the Flood 8/1/2010, 11:51 pm

There are some glitches with it? Like what?

Now if just the colors were changed I'd be happy...I think they should be blue and silver Very Happy
Noah the Flood
Noah the Flood
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 8/2/2010, 1:15 am

Well, I'm not sure if things have technically been solved with anything yet. XD So I'm sorry if any of this is inaccurate.

For one thing, you have to click toggle before you post in quick reply, or it tells you that there's no message.

Then when I tried to make a new thread, something similar was happening. I copied and pasted the old featured thread into a new thread page, you see, and was editing it, but when I hit preview it went right back to the original version. And so I had to retype the whole thing. Then when I posted the thread, the line breaks kept getting screwed up . . . so yeah, just random technical things that make it a little inconvenient. XD
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Put your last post of this Twig here~ - Page 2 1312Put your last post of this Twig here~ - Page 2 2412Put your last post of this Twig here~ - Page 2 3349Put your last post of this Twig here~ - Page 2 3548Put your last post of this Twig here~ - Page 2 3327

Back to top Go down

Post by Malicious Nightmares 8/2/2010, 9:40 am

shadowsowner888 wrote:Hey, Ari, it's okay. ^^ You don't need to be mad about it - they're reporting these things now, aren't they? They're not saying anything bad about you or your work on the site. (Heh, sorry if you didn't need to hear that, I just don't want you to have to be mad about it. ^^; )

She does have a point, though, guys. These things can be solved - just report them. xD How about I go and put up a thread for reporting problems? And, frankly, things are going to be glitching for a while, because the thing is really a new site - not everything's been fixed yet, but it will be.

Again I say the following: Code buttons will be back soon, it's just a matter of installing the right plugin; woulda been up already if the plugin wasn't being screwy.

MyBB who's online? Do you know why it's saying who's been active in the last sixty minutes? Cus sixty minutes is now the threshold for being logged out with inactivity. (Rather than thirty minutes here, which was one thing I was never able to change no matter how many times I tried to.) And if it's a problem for you, not seeing who's online immediately, look at it this way. If a friend isn't there, they're not online. If a friend is, click on their name and take a look on their profile to see what their last activity was. If it was over thirty minutes ago, chances are they're really busy with something or they're not really online.

As Ari said, we can change the avatar resizer there. Would you like us to?

The nickname problem will be figured out; Ari and I are trying to come up with a solution. For now it's not under the posts anymore, though (right, Ari?) so you should be fine if you want to go and add them all in again.

And the theme, we can change that if people really miss this one a lot. XD I mean, not Forry's banner, but at least the rest of it, and we could always have another contest for that later if the banner's something you guys aren't a fan of.

So, okay. Ari, have you definitely figured out that it's Fatcow?

The "who's online" by clicking a friend's profile and such doesn't work.
Those with inactivated accounts, will have their last acitivity refreshed every single minute. [Such as Hyro. :p]
And it gets very much annoying. Because to find out if their account is inactive or not, you have to look it up in the Members' List. [Unless there's something I missed on the profile. -_-]
Yet, you can still send them PMs, somehow.

Komoda wrote:
shadowsowner888 wrote:XD Haha, I'mma give you a reply to that in the PM.

Yeah, that's one of the theories. xD The other is that it's got something to do with the theme, but heck, I wouldn't know. I wish I was some epic computer genius instead of just, like, your average teen. Razz The scary part is that not even Ari's sure why it's lagging, though.

Well, half of it was my fault, I'm afraid. XD Like, you know how it has the little table besides posts in the advanced replying part? And there were only three? (Btw, does it work for you at all when you click 'get more'?) That's cus there was a problem with the smilies. Dunno what happened; they were working fine, then all the links broke, so we had to delete them all and get them back up. Which is why there were only two or three smilies in that table, because I'd only put that many there until we got more of them to work. There's more now, though, or there should be. XD I haven't checked it in the main forums, though the admin panel says it worked.

x3 Really, lol? I'm glad I mentioned them too, then, because for a while I didn't even say anything about that. . . . then I'll also add that MyBB sorta can do anything. Forumotion is so limited . . . but what you can't change by default in MyBB, we can recode it or get plugins and stuff. I mean, you can do that here too, but it's harder because, as I understand it, there's not as many hooks in the coding. XD If that makes any sense.

Hey, who said you didn't have any rep? smug
But now I understand that. XD Cus you commented before on being disappointed about losing the rep, and I was wondering why you felt that way, not that there aren't good reasons to, but yeah. I like understanding things.
However, at least everyone started over together on that, right? XD So it's not like you're the only one with low rep, so I'm sure people aren't going to think anything bad of you for it. (Especially not while I'm around to change their minds. >D) I think Ari has the most, and even she only has eight. AND. If you have two rep now, that's one for every three thousand posts. I have six, which is about one for every four thousand. XD So I'm even worse then you.
And the system sucks anyway, cus you can only give a user rep once . . . but there'll be an update for that soon, actually. But that shouldn't be classified as arguing for anything. XD
Yeah, I read it but didn't reply because I was tired and had a lot to write for my oath or whatever. ^^; I have the tendency to do that.

No, it doesn't work for me when I click "get more". At least, it didn't last time I tried it. But yeah, I'll go check the smilies now...
It doesn't work for me at all. The smilies are unclickable and "get more" still doesn't work. :p

Hmm, well I guess that's a plus. I still say Twig was fine before, but meh. Maybe I'm just one of those people who gets annoyed by change. >.<

Meh. I really don't care about rep anymore. But yeah, I see what you're saying.

Malicious Nightmares wrote:I posted a whole huge post here, but it got deleted. So.. I'll just sum it up quickly.

Ari has a right to be against username changes.
Okay.
But I have a right to be against Twig conversion.
The very first switch we did, from Webs to Forumotion was fine.
It was a switch with a good reason, it was a better switch.
But now? What's so much better about the MyBB conversion?
I hate to admit it, but in my opinion, this Twig was a heck lot better.
Simpler, easier to understand, FASTER.
The other Twig is slow. It takes 5 minutes for one page to load.
Here? 2 seconds, not even, and your page is there. Bam. It opens real fast.
Rarely, are there ever any glitches here.
As Mo said, I love the code buttons above this post box. Makes life easier.
By appearance? As nice as the MyBB Twig may look, I like this look better. Simple enough.
Chatbox? No problems as to getting one.
MyBB chatbox? Many problems as to getting one.
Who's online list? At least it actually says who's litterally online.
MyBB? Says who was on in the past hour.
AVATARS? Oh. Twig definately wins on that.
The automatic resizer on MyBB is bugging the crap out of me.
Joey Jordison has a squished face on MyBB. DDD:
Poor Joey.
Then there's the NICKNAME PROBLEM.
Oh, I hate that.
Everyone knows I have a million nicknames, and I DON'T want to shorten it.
I don't want anyone nickname they gave me gone, so they feel left out.
It's annoying to have to choose!

Anyway. Sorry. But I HAD to say that.
See? I can't even log in right now.
Want a screenshot of how bad it is?
No matter what I try, MyBB is messing up on me.
I tried logging in a thousand times, it says; "Internet Explorer can not display the webpage" but I can easily log in and out on Twig, here.
Screenshot? Here you go.
Put your last post of this Twig here~ - Page 2 Untitl19

@Mo; Haha. Me? 19,000+ posts. 1 rep. xDDDD I look horrible. DX
I agree, Afi. :/ Not about you looking horrible, lol. XD But with the rest of what you said. I remember whining about Forumotion before because my coding would get screwed up on occasion, but now I'm grateful because it really is so much better. :3 Even if it's a werewolf every now and then.

Agreed. I can't do that stupid "Get More" thing, either. D:
And you can't click the smilies, so that it pops up the code in the post right away, like Twig does. You can only go over it, see the code, and type it up yourself. And it only shows a few smilies, anyway. The same. Over and over.

Yeahhh. I was against that one change too. But I didn't realize how much better Forumotion would be.
Because the old site had so many things gone wrong, that it wasn't even funny.
-Bandwidth. ['Nuff said.]
-ONLY MODS/ADMIN CAN EDIT POSTS. [Haha. What the heck. Poor Shad had to trust almost everyone as a Mod, so we could own RPs. xD]
-Siggies [Siggies had like what, no limit there??]

And soooo much more. XPPP

I'm so glad we switched over to here, though. <33
But I'm not exactly ready for a full switch over, yet again.
Because, who knows how much longer we'll be there, until we need to switch yet again?

Noah the Flood wrote:WOW! Alot of stuff is fixed for me. Of course, I can't stand it, just cause of this computor, but I can barely standing being on this computor in genral.

But I'm happy with got WYSIWYG formating on the posts Very Happy So happy.

Stuff are still failing for me. Lotsss. tongue
Malicious Nightmares
Malicious Nightmares
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 19506

http://www.shadowfire.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Jade 8/2/2010, 9:59 am

Ok, so the new forum is a little slow and I like this layout a little better but Ari, I know put a TON of time and effort into the conversion just to be nice and try and help everyone out. She's obviously not getting paid and I think it's amazing that she was even able to do this, she's seriously skilled. So thanks Ari, I know everything will get sorted out in the end.

But yeah, people have the right to be annoyed, I know it can be frustrating but just remember Ari and Shad aren't robots they're people.
Jade
Jade
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Female Posts : 2182

Back to top Go down

Post by Noah the Flood 8/2/2010, 12:44 pm

Jade wrote:Ok, so the new forum is a little slow and I like this layout a little better but Ari, I know put a TON of time and effort into the conversion just to be nice and try and help everyone out. She's obviously not getting paid and I think it's amazing that she was even able to do this, she's seriously skilled. So thanks Ari, I know everything will get sorted out in the end.

But yeah, people have the right to be annoyed, I know it can be frustrating but just remember Ari and Shad aren't robots they're people.

Nicely said Smile
Noah the Flood
Noah the Flood
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 8/2/2010, 6:35 pm

Ha, that's right, I'm not! XD I think I'm glad of it, too, lol. Thanks for the supportive words, Jade.

And well, Mia, I seriously doubt we're ever gonna be switching again. xD MyBB seems like the final stop, to me . . . I mean, what else would we end up using? vBuelletin? Now that's expensive, no way I'd be able to afford that, ha. o_O MyBB is sort of at the top, if you wanna put it that way, though I can see how you'd worry about another conversion.
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Malicious Nightmares 8/2/2010, 6:50 pm

shadowsowner888 wrote:Ha, that's right, I'm not! XD I think I'm glad of it, too, lol. Thanks for the supportive words, Jade.

And well, Mia, I seriously doubt we're ever gonna be switching again. xD MyBB seems like the final stop, to me . . . I mean, what else would we end up using? vBuelletin? Now that's expensive, no way I'd be able to afford that, ha. o_O MyBB is sort of at the top, if you wanna put it that way, though I can see how you'd worry about another conversion.

Yes, hopefully it's the last conversion. .-.
Malicious Nightmares
Malicious Nightmares
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 19506

http://www.shadowfire.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by RangerGirl 8/2/2010, 11:50 pm

Moo.

Goodbye old twig.... O o
RangerGirl
RangerGirl
Flash Fiction Scrawler
Flash Fiction Scrawler

Angel, Lizzie, Kristen and Smog; Until Twig is fixed, let's make new threads and continue on here? :3
Female Posts : 62

Back to top Go down

Post by •○•[Lemon-Licious]•○• 8/3/2010, 4:54 pm

Well, herez I go:

Since is this my last post on Twig, I wanted to say that I like this website better than the other... Lol. It's remindes me too much of Bearvile Insider, which I'm ashamed to admit I was on before this. The thing I like is that if you go to another page when you're writing someone, you can click the back button and it'll still be there. That's what I like about the new website. Ladidadidida. So I'm gonna miss.... This thread and such. Sooooooo..... Bai people, see you on twigwriters! x3

-Cassie
•○•[Lemon-Licious]•○•
•○•[Lemon-Licious]•○•
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Put your last post of this Twig here~ - Page 2 SiggyPut your last post of this Twig here~ - Page 2 SiggyPut your last post of this Twig here~ - Page 2 SiggyPut your last post of this Twig here~ - Page 2 SiggyPut your last post of this Twig here~ - Page 2 SiggyPut your last post of this Twig here~ - Page 2 Siggy

TEE HEEE HEEE!!! Click THEM!! Do it!! Dooooo it! XD
Female Posts : 9714

Back to top Go down

Post by amrgirl 8/17/2010, 6:15 pm

My (hopefully) last post of this TWIG:

Good-bye, old TWIG. All the memories of joining and making friends here. I'll miss you.

~Anna

And I have an interview script to type up, so I'm out.
amrgirl
amrgirl
Published Author
Published Author

Female Posts : 3651

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2