The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Three of Hearts

5 posters

Go down

Three of Hearts Empty Three of Hearts

Post by xxevrrmorrx113 8/20/2009, 1:24 pm

Maturity: Some non-graphic battle scenes and semi-detailed kissing.
Fantasy: Many fantasy creatures and elements, such as magical powers and dragons.
This story is currently unfinished.

Three of Hearts Threeofhearts

Preface

I felt a shadow follow me home as I walked back from school with my best friend, Sky. I wondered idly if she could feel the presence somewhere behind us, too, but I dared not ask. Strange things had been happening to me lately at school. I don’t mean strange as in one of those teenage girl things like ‘OMG! I just totally ruined my makeup,’ although, I had those days, also. For me, lately, strange was my cafeteria plate starting to hover while I was finishing some Algebra II homework, or suddenly not being able to see my face in the mirror. The creepy follower was not helping me feel anymore sympathetic about my dilemmas. It was probably just some guy from school that has become totally addicted to me or Sky, Haha… Yeah right. My mind was set off track by the two bright green glowing eyes of a guy that looked pretty darn disturbed if I do say so myself. He had a dark scruff on his face, little more than a five ‘o clock shadow, to match his equally black licorice colored hair, making his eyes all the more scary and unnatural. The most unnerving thing about him though, was that his milky white skin glowed, almost as if his body contained some kind of magic. The mysterious and devious looking man stared straight at me, as if he knew me better than I did myself. It sent a shiver down my spine, and the world was suddenly frozen except for the man and I. Literally. He walked right up to me, putting his frosty hand on my shoulder, making me flinch away from his touch, and spoke in a whisper to my ear, his eyes still glowing, despite the shading trees overhead. “Florence, I am Dax English, your cousin,” Dax smiled, looking much too calm and collected. I decided that I still didn’t like him, and that he was lying.

“You are no cousin of mine. Goodbye,” I practically sneered. Dax frowned, but nodded, letting my friend and the other pedestrians out of their trance, only after he retreated into the bushes, taking all normalcies in my life with him.

๛๛๛๛๛๛๛๛๛๛๛๛๛๛
chapter one--page1 | post6

Last edited by xxevrrmorrx113 on 8/20/2009, 4:47 pm; edited 3 times in total
xxevrrmorrx113
xxevrrmorrx113
Novelette Scribe
Novelette Scribe

Female Posts : 806

http://www.xxevrrmorrx113.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Three of Hearts Empty Re: Three of Hearts

Post by shadowsowner888 8/20/2009, 2:00 pm

Ooo, creepy! x3 Nice job.
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Three of Hearts 1312Three of Hearts 2412Three of Hearts 3349Three of Hearts 3548Three of Hearts 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Post by twilighter3000 8/20/2009, 2:00 pm

Ooh, that's awesome! I can't wait to figure out what happens!
twilighter3000
twilighter3000
Well-Known Author
Well-Known Author

Female Posts : 4701

Back to top Go down

Post by xxevrrmorrx113 8/20/2009, 2:33 pm

Thanks, I'll post the first chapter tonight Wink
xxevrrmorrx113
xxevrrmorrx113
Novelette Scribe
Novelette Scribe

Back to top Go down

Post by iGrievous 8/20/2009, 3:38 pm

Sounds good so far.
iGrievous
iGrievous
Well-Known Author
Well-Known Author

Male Posts : 4596

Back to top Go down

Post by xxevrrmorrx113 8/20/2009, 3:39 pm

Thanks Very Happy
xxevrrmorrx113
xxevrrmorrx113
Novelette Scribe
Novelette Scribe

Back to top Go down

Post by twilighter3000 8/20/2009, 4:08 pm

Awesome! Can't wait to read it!
twilighter3000
twilighter3000
Well-Known Author
Well-Known Author

Female Posts : 4701

Back to top Go down

Post by xxevrrmorrx113 8/20/2009, 4:41 pm

Chapter One

After my almost scary confrontation with the man called Dax, my day only got worse. Sky had said that unless her eyes had deceived her, there had never been a man. That had worried both her and me. I could clearly remember his hallow chill and electric green eyes in my mind, and knew that I would have nightmares of him tonight.

Sky lived seven doors down from mine, on the same street, so I had walked her up to her front door, said a bland and quick good-bye before walking straight home, hoping I would miss my parents. I needed to think, and my guitar always helped me achieve the calm feeling that I made me feel safe. I had no such luck. Both of my parents looked as if they had been sitting there for awhile, not moving and not talking, because my mother just looked at me, her eyes careful. It was then that I knew this was going to be important. “Erm… Hi,” I mumbled, sitting down on the chocolate brown leather couch that matched the color of the wavy hair the fell to the middle of my back.

“Flo,” my father, Brett, started, “we need to talk about er… our family.”

“Well, if this is about that creep, Dax, then I’m sorry, but he is not staying here. I’d much sooner fly to the moon,” I replied, nastily.

“Flo, honey, what are you talking about?” My mom asked, sounding worried.

“Ha! I knew that weirdo was lying!” I exclaimed, jumping out of my chair,” Wait, so if it’s not him… what about our family?” I asked, not necessarily liking my dad’s tone, now that I had actually registered what he had said.

“Do you know our history, Florence?” said my mom.

“Well, yeah. We came from the Mayflower and moved down here because our family thought logically and said that it was much too cold in Massachusetts,” I said, as if it were that simple.

“Florence, we’re part of the Magicks. It went back to when the pilgrims came to the New World from Europe. When the Mayflower landed in Massachusetts we resumed our normal activities acting as humans in the open and using our magic in our own corridors. But when the humans got suspicious and made the assumption that we were witches, they tried to drown us and created a humongous feud between the two races, us and them. Finally, the humans agreed to let us go once we had proved their magic could be harmless, but still forced us away, not wanting us around. We decided to stick together as a whole, for the most part, and decided to explore more of the free world. We traveled down to were we live now, in Virginia, Our whole community has magical abilities, all different. The point is though, that your mother and I were on the Mayflower, and we are part of the group, Magicks, also. You are magical, Florence, and you have to choose if you want to learn your powers, or abandon them and move away,” My dad announced, greatly. I sat there, trying to process the whole idea of magic. Magic wasn’t supposed to exist. I loved fantasy and fiction stories, wishing that that kind of magic could be real, but I’d never ever believed that it really would. It was a tough idea to grasp. One thing that always annoyed me about the heroines in the stories that I had read, though, was that they always tried to deny that magic was real for half of the story, before giving in and saying okay. I mean, really. They had wasted so much time, doing that. So, I decided then to be different and attempt to play along. I would decide later if I really believed. I just didn’t want to make some huge deal about this.

“Okay,” I shrugged, to the surprise of my parents. My mom looked utterly dumbfounded that I could and had accepted the idea of magic so quickly. One thought, that I did have, though, was that the Magicks was a fairly obvious name for a group that wanted to stay hidden. It was also very unimaginative.

“Erm, okay,” my father said awkwardly filling in the silence,” well, what would you like to do?”

I groaned, “Dad, gosh. Give me awhile, will you? I just found out about all of this magic, let me thing about it,” then I realized something,” WAIT. If you were on the Mayflower, that makes you over 400 years old…” my parents had a nervous look on their face,” and you just had me this century?”

๛๛๛๛๛๛๛๛๛๛๛๛๛๛
xxevrrmorrx113
xxevrrmorrx113
Novelette Scribe
Novelette Scribe

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 8/20/2009, 4:54 pm

Haha, that's cool! Very Happy I can't wait for more!
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Three of Hearts 1312Three of Hearts 2412Three of Hearts 3349Three of Hearts 3548Three of Hearts 3327

Back to top Go down

Post by xxevrrmorrx113 8/20/2009, 4:59 pm

Thanks, shadow xD I still have no idea what her powers are, but whatev xD
xxevrrmorrx113
xxevrrmorrx113
Novelette Scribe
Novelette Scribe

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 8/20/2009, 5:01 pm

xD Nice. Well, you'll figure it out!
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by xxevrrmorrx113 8/20/2009, 5:06 pm

I hope so. She's not really a witch or anything...or any magical creature, really. I haven't decided what I want their magical race to be called Razz They'll be called something when I figure it out.
xxevrrmorrx113
xxevrrmorrx113
Novelette Scribe
Novelette Scribe

Back to top Go down

Post by iGrievous 8/20/2009, 6:36 pm

Ooh, somebody's magical! *wiggles fingers*
iGrievous
iGrievous
Well-Known Author
Well-Known Author

Male Posts : 4596

Back to top Go down

Post by xxevrrmorrx113 8/21/2009, 12:21 am

LOL, sure is xD Whatever kind of magical it is... idk yet Razz Maybe I'll make up something like Alyson Noel made up the immortals Smile
xxevrrmorrx113
xxevrrmorrx113
Novelette Scribe
Novelette Scribe

Back to top Go down

Post by *Strongly*[Emo]tional 8/21/2009, 12:36 am

wow so far i love it !Smile
*Strongly*[Emo]tional
*Strongly*[Emo]tional