The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To be named....eventually....(yet another nameless story by Saddle)

+4
DreamCatcher81
iGrievous
shadowsowner888
SaddleClub
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

To be named....eventually....(yet another nameless story by Saddle) Empty To be named....eventually....(yet another nameless story by Saddle)

Post by SaddleClub 8/20/2009, 5:40 pm

Maturity: Not sure yet
Fantasy: I think there's gonna be some fantasy in here....just gotta write more to decide that first.

Hello. If you clicked this thread, that means you wanna read this story. Well there's some things I gotta tell you first.

This is my first original story. I'm trying to make it publishable (is that even a word?) so it's gonna take me a while to write chapters and stuff. Please be patient, I'm new at this.

The characters are of my creation, with a little help from my friend. So it's not gonna be like my other stories where Edward Cullen or the Jonas Brothers show up. Just fictional people that no one's heard of before.

I'm not really sure where this story's gonna lead, or what I'm gonna do with the plot, or anything like that. This is basically just a story that popped into my head that I decided to start writing. I don't even have a file on my computer for this yet. I'm not even on my computer. So basically what I'm saying is I have nothing as of now. Give me time for ideas to come to me, to develop the characters, to think of a name (haha), and all that other stuff. As of now, please enjoy the following little teaser of what's yet to come. Thank you.

~Saddle

What would be worse? Taking someone with me when I wasn't supposed to, or breaking my love's heart? I wasn't sure.

I glanced at his eyes. They had an anxious look; he was waiting for me to say something. I took a deep breath and thought for another second.

I grabbed his hand suddenly and started pulling him along with me. "You're coming."

Table of Contents

Preface: page 2, post 2

Last edited by SaddleClub on 10/30/2009, 11:50 pm; edited 4 times in total
SaddleClub
SaddleClub
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 15853

Back to top Go down

To be named....eventually....(yet another nameless story by Saddle) Empty Re: To be named....eventually....(yet another nameless story by Saddle)

Post by shadowsowner888 8/20/2009, 5:57 pm

Haha, I like it! Very Happy At first it seems like one of those Twilight beginnings, like something ominous involving action and romance, but then it just breaks into a somewhat lighter note all of a sudden. x3 Write more soon!
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

To be named....eventually....(yet another nameless story by Saddle) 1312To be named....eventually....(yet another nameless story by Saddle) 2412To be named....eventually....(yet another nameless story by Saddle) 3349To be named....eventually....(yet another nameless story by Saddle) 3548To be named....eventually....(yet another nameless story by Saddle) 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

To be named....eventually....(yet another nameless story by Saddle) Empty Re: To be named....eventually....(yet another nameless story by Saddle)

Post by SaddleClub 8/20/2009, 6:08 pm

Thanks, Shadow. I'll try, but I gotta get home and open a file first. This computer doesn't have Microsoft Word.
SaddleClub
SaddleClub
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 8/20/2009, 6:09 pm

All right. Smile Whenever you can is fine!
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

To be named....eventually....(yet another nameless story by Saddle) 1312To be named....eventually....(yet another nameless story by Saddle) 2412To be named....eventually....(yet another nameless story by Saddle) 3349To be named....eventually....(yet another nameless story by Saddle) 3548To be named....eventually....(yet another nameless story by Saddle) 3327

Back to top Go down

Post by SaddleClub 8/20/2009, 6:11 pm

Ok. But like I said in the intro, I don't really have much worked out in detail. Just some general ideas I thought of. It's gonna take a while before the first chapter is posted.
SaddleClub
SaddleClub
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by iGrievous 8/20/2009, 6:56 pm

A new nameless story? It sounds a little. . . short.
iGrievous
iGrievous
Well-Known Author
Well-Known Author

Male Posts : 4596

Back to top Go down

Post by DreamCatcher81 8/20/2009, 8:02 pm

That sounds good so far! Congrats on your first original! cheesy
DreamCatcher81
DreamCatcher81
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

To be named....eventually....(yet another nameless story by Saddle) Siggy
Female Posts : 2460

Back to top Go down

Post by SaddleClub 8/20/2009, 11:19 pm

Gri: I know, I gotta write more. That's it so far.

Dream: Thanks.
SaddleClub
SaddleClub
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by DreamCatcher81 8/24/2009, 12:44 am

You're welcome. Are you gonna write any more soon?
DreamCatcher81
DreamCatcher81
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by SaddleClub 8/25/2009, 8:37 pm

I'll try. But I gotta work on other stuffs first. And not just other stories. I gotta clean and stuff.
SaddleClub
SaddleClub
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by SaddleClub 9/4/2009, 11:10 pm

Ok, I have a preface. Woo hoo. It's only a 3.5 grade level according to Microsoft Word, but oh well.
SaddleClub
SaddleClub
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by SaddleClub 9/4/2009, 11:13 pm

Preface

Cradling her baby in her arms, Amelia Swiftheart looked to the few stars shining in the sky. Before her eyes, the dark clouds covered them, creating almost a pitch black night. She began running as fast as she could without dropping her baby. She knew she had to escape.

She stopped suddenly as a bright light appeared in front of her. Slowly, the light transformed into a shadowy figure of a man. He clicked a flashlight on, illuminating the dark. The light burned Amelia’s eyes as she tried to keep her baby asleep.

“There’s no avoiding this,” he said to her in a deep, mysterious voice. “You can’t stop your daughter’s destiny, Amelia. You know what you must do.”

“I can’t,” she whispered. “It’s much too dangerous. I can’t do that to her. I—I haven’t even named her yet. You can’t take her away from me.”

“We must,” he said. “There is no other way. If you come now, we might let you watch over her.”

“But it won’t be as her mother. I know that much,” Amelia snapped, anger oozing from her words. “You’ll force me to stay with you, or put me in the same town as her, never more than that. You won’t let me talk to her, or even visit her. She won’t know I exist.”

“There is no other way,” he said again. “You were aware of that from the start.”

“I don’t have to listen to you.”

“Yes you do. If you do not come voluntarily, we will have to kill you and your daughter.”

Amelia bit her lip and looked at her daughter. So beautiful, so innocent; she knew she could never let this child die. She turned back to the figure, hate in her eyes. “Take us.”

He turned off the flashlight, sending them back into darkness. Amelia felt him put his hand on her shoulder. A bright light glowed around them, and they vanished.

~~~~

They arrived in a dark, circular room. Amelia was led to the center, where a light came on, illuminating only her and her daughter. She looked around at the dark faces; four pairs of glowing eyes stared back at her. She knew this situation all too well.

“Must you do this to me again?” she asked. “You took away my first daughter, and you didn’t even tell me where she went.”

“That was for your own safety,” one voice said. The tone was ominous and sent shivers down Amelia’s back. “The first born is always the hardest to let go.”

“You may watch over this one from here,” a second voice said.

“Although,” a raspy voice added, “you are not permitted to interact with her in any way.”

Amelia looked down at her daughter. She gently brushed her wispy hair into place. She didn’t want to give her up, but she knew she was going to have to. “I don’t see why I must do this.”

“We’re trying to protect her,” the first voice said. “The longer it takes for her to find out her past, the longer she will stay safe.”

With tears in her eyes, Amelia held her baby close. “At least let me name her this time,” she said. “Please.”

The figures stared at each other. Not a word was spoken, but Amelia felt as if they just had a whole conversation.

“Your request is granted,” the third voice said. “Name the child, and then give her to us.”

“Serenity,” she said. “A beautiful girl deserves such a beautiful name.”

The silent fourth figure took a step forward, staying concealed in the shadows. He opened his hands and an orb of yellow light appeared hovering above his palms. He moved his hands behind the orb and pushed forward. It flew over to Amelia, and she held out Serenity. The orb gently entered the baby, filling her with a warm glow for a second.

“You must give her to us now,” the second one said.

Amelia pulled her daughter close once more and gently kissed her forehead. “Good luck, my daughter. I will be watching you every step of the way.”
SaddleClub
SaddleClub
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 9/5/2009, 8:57 am

:'( Aw, that's sad. I really like it!
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SaddleClub 9/5/2009, 2:37 pm

It's just the beginning, Shadow. And thanks.
SaddleClub
SaddleClub
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightowl 9/5/2009, 2:41 pm

Oh! I like it. Very sad-ish preface though. :'( Can't wait for more.
Nightowl
Nightowl
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Female Posts : 1041

Back to top Go down

Post by SaddleClub 9/5/2009, 2:44 pm

Thanks. I had to write the preface all sadish. I couldn't exactly say, "Then she cheerfully handed over her baby and skipped out to go apple picking."
SaddleClub
SaddleClub
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightowl 9/5/2009, 2:45 pm

Yeah, xD.
Nightowl
Nightowl
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Female Posts : 1041

Back to top Go down

Post by SaddleClub 9/5/2009, 3:56 pm

Then it would've been really odd. xD
SaddleClub
SaddleClub
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 9/6/2009, 8:30 am

xD Agreed.
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SaddleClub 9/6/2009, 4:52 pm

The rest of the story won't be that sad. xD
SaddleClub
SaddleClub
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by DreamCatcher81 9/7/2009, 6:11 pm

Haha nice Saddle. But on my defense, who wouldn't wanna go apple picking! cheesy

Oh yeah, and I loved it!
DreamCatcher81
DreamCatcher81
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by PugsRock 9/7/2009, 6:23 pm

Nice job! Smile

BTW, your dragon is beautiful (the daydream one).
PugsRock
PugsRock
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 7527

Back to top Go down

Post by SaddleClub 9/8/2009, 9:18 pm

Dream: I've never gone apple picking, but I want to. xD And thanks!! Smile

Pugs: Thanks!! Smile And thanks. Smile
SaddleClub
SaddleClub
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 9/18/2009, 2:24 am

Aw, that's sad. But good! And my guess that the rest of the story is about Serenity. nod
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!
Female Posts : 15981

Back to top Go down

Post by catbuster 9/19/2009, 4:49 pm

oohhh sounds cool so far saddle! write more!
catbuster
catbuster
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Female Posts : 1932

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next