The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Divide by Taylor Potter

+4
shadowsowner888
Malicious Nightmares
Noah the Flood
Taylor_Potter
8 posters

Go down

New Divide by Taylor Potter Empty New Divide by Taylor Potter

Post by Taylor_Potter 8/29/2009, 9:06 pm

NEW DIVIDE

Maturity: Romance, flirting teenagers, mushy young married couples, kidnapping, and death
Fantasy: Lots of it, I mean if there wasn't any fantasy, who would I be? xD

I remembered black skies
the lightning all around me
I remembered each flash
as time began to blur
Like a startling sign
that fate had finally found me

And your voice was all I heard
That I get what I deserve

So give me reason
to prove me wrong
to wash this memory clean
Let the floods cross
the distance in your eyes

Give me reason
to fill this hole
connect the space between
Let it be enough to reach the truth that lies
Across this new divide

The Truth that Lies: Chapter 1

She stretched her arms out wide beside her, acting like wings as she soared high in the afternoon sky. Miles beneath her feet sat bustling Tampa. She could imagine C.E.O.s and secretaries going on about their buisness like it was a normal day. With a smile, she watched as sky scrapers zipped past them, each trying to reach her heights but in vain. For once she was free, free, free of it all.
Gently she brought her arms back to her sides, folding them across her chest as she laid backwards. A soft sound echoed continuously through the air; it was the sound of leather beating against the wind. The young teenage girl was stretched out on the back of a dragon.
Even as dragons went, this one was a different breed. Its whole body was albino white but years of survival had left its scales tarnished, broken and some even completely gone. Tracing up from its tail tip to the top of its shoulders were dinged-up black spikes. Each looked ready to fall off but were extremely strong despite that. Lastly was his face, mucked up with various scars and cuts but his eyes were the focal point; cobalt blue, sightless abysses. The young dragon had lost his sight from old age and a tremendous battle but no one dared to challenge him; sight wasn't everything.
"Ella, are you awake?" a deep voice filled the air. The young girl jerked up, brushing her strawberry blonde hair out of her hazel eyes. For a few moments her eyes searched in desperate persuit of the voice but no one else was there besides her and the dragon. Gently she looked off the side, expecting to see the towns and cities but instead there we mountains. "I don't think we're in Kansas anymore, Toto." The famous words of a redhead who'd been brought into a new place filled her mind.
"Ella? Can you hear me?" repeated the husky voice. It reminded her of gravel almost; it was old, frail yet strong and certain. It finally dawned on her and she could have slapped herself; the dragon was talking to her.
"I-I think you're confused, S-Sir," she bumbled softly, trying to compete with the wind. "I'm not Ella. My name--"
"I know who you are, Ella. Please, don't speak, let me talk first," he croaked, lowering his wings slightly towards the ground as the decended slowly. "Ella, this is very important, remember..."
But what the dragon wanted her to remember was suddenly drowned out by a feminie voice. It was sharp and almost as if it were fingernails against a chalkboard. Something hard was brought down against something else and the teen girl screamed.
"Miss Johnson!" snapped a woman. Miss Johnson jerked awake, realizing she was being stared at by every single person in the classroom. Once again she'd fallen asleep in the middle of her Western Civilization class; this was the sixth time this month. "Answer the question!" barked the woman. A quat female with bushy black hair and spectacles that shrunk her already beady blue eyes glared at her, a ruler in her chubby hands. For a woman of that build, her voice was surprisingly high and throaty.
"Can you repeat the question?" she asked, looking up at the teached with a guilty expression. Her usually colourless cheeks were the brightest shade of rose pink.
"I was asking..." but what exactly she asked was drowned out by Miss Johnson's own thoughts. Of course Miss Hansen would choose another student to answer the question. Her own mind was focussing currently on what had just happened. It wasn't the first time either actually. It happened everytime she closed her eyes and went to sleep. She'd "wake up" flying high over Tampa then vanish into a mountainess area. But, for the first time the dragon had spoke but wht did it want?
Her hazel eyes stayed glued to the clock as seconds ticked by. Finally the last bell rang and she was free. Quickly, she threw her backpack onto her back and ran out of the classroom. A few moments later, students flooded around her in an attempt to escape the bell. It was a rainy and dismal Thusday afternoon; one day until Friday. After riding the human tidal wave, she reached her locker. Being the school hated her she was placed inbetween two cheerleaders, both poking fun at how she'd fallen asleep in the classroom. She'd learned quickly of she kept her lips shut she'd get out with only one new nickname for the rest of the year. Currently she only had sixteen of them; each were given for a different antic she'd done.
With a slam of her locker, she threw her books back into the delapitated sack and plunked her helmet on. Living only three miles from the school meant no matter what she road back and too school; not that she minded. It gave her time to sort through her thoughts.
With a few shoves she exited the building, heading towards the bike racks. Various students were hanging around it. Some were talking, others were pulling a prank and two of them were enjoying a little drawn out kiss. With a twist of her key, she freed her bike from the rack and began to head towards the gate. No one seemed to noticed the freshmen walking by but she didn't expect them too. A plus to wearing dark colours all the time was she blended it well. The crossing guard unlocked the gate for her and she was home free.
"See you later, Anna!" the older man called, waving her off.
Anna waved over her shoulder and grinned, "Have a good night, Mr. Murray!" Gently she hopped onto her bike and slowly peddled home.
While it was silence except for the thunderign sky, her mind was still back there. What had the dragon wanted to tell her? Was it important? Was it even real? She sighed and shook her head, "Here we go again."
Taylor_Potter
Taylor_Potter
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 6743

Back to top Go down

New Divide by Taylor Potter Empty Re: New Divide by Taylor Potter

Post by Noah the Flood 8/29/2009, 10:33 pm

Ohhh. I like it Very Happy
Noah the Flood
Noah the Flood
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Male Posts : 10544

Back to top Go down

Post by Malicious Nightmares 8/29/2009, 10:35 pm

I likey too! cheesy

Ps. Wheeee! I luff the song "New Divide"!! grin
Malicious Nightmares
Malicious Nightmares
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 19506

http://www.shadowfire.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylor_Potter 8/30/2009, 8:11 am

Thankies snakie!!

Thanks, Mia, I love the song too
Taylor_Potter
Taylor_Potter
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 8/30/2009, 8:21 am

x3 Awesome job! I wanna read more. (Especially cus it's about dragons. Very Happy)
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

New Divide by Taylor Potter 1312New Divide by Taylor Potter 2412New Divide by Taylor Potter 3349New Divide by Taylor Potter 3548New Divide by Taylor Potter 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylor_Potter 8/30/2009, 1:14 pm

LOL, hopefully I can add some more today
Taylor_Potter
Taylor_Potter
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 8/30/2009, 10:48 pm

Or at least soon. Very Happy
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

New Divide by Taylor Potter 1312New Divide by Taylor Potter 2412New Divide by Taylor Potter 3349New Divide by Taylor Potter 3548New Divide by Taylor Potter 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 9/14/2009, 12:25 am

I love that song. cheesy Great job, moremoremoremore! cheesy
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!
Female Posts : 15981

Back to top Go down

Post by DreamCatcher81 10/17/2009, 11:46 pm

Omg that was awesome!!! You should add more!
DreamCatcher81
DreamCatcher81
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

New Divide by Taylor Potter Siggy
New Divide by Taylor Potter Siggy
Female Posts : 2460

Back to top Go down

Post by wolflover96 12/6/2009, 8:50 pm

great job! very cool
wolflover96