The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zoey's Utterly Purple Adventure

4 posters

Go down

Zoey's Utterly Purple Adventure Empty Zoey's Utterly Purple Adventure

Post by Arianna 9/13/2009, 9:33 am

This is something that my siblings (7 and 8 years old) and I wrote together. It's sort of silly, but I thought I might as well post it here.
Maturity: A dog gets lost? But then it's found again. nod
Fantasy: Portals in sandboxes.

~Zoey's Utterly Purple Adventure~

There once was a little girl with pitch-black hair. Her blue eyes stood out from her pale skin, and she was very rich. Her father ran a big oil company, and though the girl liked the money that her dad earned, she was annoyed, because no one ever played with her.
She had a big mansion in which she lived in, and a little dog called Bonnie. She had a black coat, just as black as the girl's hair, and she was very, very small.
The girl, whose name was Zoey, liked to go shopping, but she also liked to play with her toys, which she had so many of, that she only played with each toy once!
One day, she was talking a walk in the park of her mansion, Bonnie running alongside her. Suddenly, Bonnie barked and began to run in the other direction.
“Oh no! Bonnie, don't run away!” She began to chance after the little dog, who was yapping as she ran all the way to the giant sandbox.
When Zoey arrived, she was out of breath from running so long. She looked around frantically, only to find that Bonnie wasn't there! Suddenly, she saw a giant hole in the sandbox.
“I wonder where that leads to,” she mused out loud, climbing into the hole. The second she should have reached the bottom, she began to fall. “Help!” she screamed, trying to get a grip on the slippery sandy walls of the hole.
Suddenly, she reached the bottom. She had nothing to do, and all that she saw was a rusty old shovel. “Oh well,” she murmured, hoping that she'd find Bonnie. “I guess I can dig where this little hole is.” She looked at the teeny hole in the ground, wondering if her sweet doggie would fit through.
After digging for a long long time, the shovel bumped on a piece of silver metal. “What could this be?” she asked herself, digging further and further so she she could find out.
“It's a key!” she said, utterly surprised. “I wonder what it is for...” She paused, looking up above her. In the far, far, distance, she saw the light of day, but she knew there was no way to get to it. “I might as well dig further,” she said, and began to dig even more.
Sweat was running down her face and she was horribly tired when she bumped against another piece of metal. This piece was bigger and it was gold. She dug and she dug, tiring as she went, to find a door!
“Wow!” she said, and noticed that the key looked just like the picture on the front of the door. “I wonder if this key fits...”
She stuck the key in the purple lock, and to her surprise, it opened. She went inside the door, looking in awe at the scene in front of her.
She'd bumped on a light switch and in front of her was a long secret path. She was scared, but she knew that this was the only way that she could find Bonnie.
Bonnie was no where to be seen. “I hope she's okay,” Zoey began to cry. “She's such a sweet doggie.”
Suddenly Zoey heard barking from far away. “Bonnie, is it you?” She began to run, hoping that she'd find Bonnie.
And she did! Right there in front of her was Bonnie. “Bonnie, oh Bonnie! I've missed you!” Zoey hugged Bonnie, then set her down. “Do you know where we are?” she asked her dog. Bonnie tilted her head as if to say that she had an idea.
She began to run, and Zoey was having a hard time keeping up, running quicker and quicker. Suddenly, the light was coming from the sun, not from the lights in the hallway, and there was grass under her feet! She was outside!
She looked around, and then noticed something. She certainly was not outside. Everything was purple. There were purple people, purple flowers, even the sky was purple!
“Where am I?” asked Zoey to no one in particular, holding Bonnie tight in her hands so she wouldn't run away into the depths of this funny place.
“In PurpleVille, of course.” A boy with purple hair walked up to her. Other than that, he was not purple, not one bit! He had red socks and blue jeans and a white t-shirt.
Zoey breathed a sigh of relief, but then was confused again. “How do I get out?” She was very scared, and so was Bonnie, who was trembling in her hands. “It's okay, Bonnie,” she whispered, but she wasn't very sure about it herself.
“I don't know,” the boy said, but he smiled as he said it. “It's so nice here, no one wants to go!” He gestured to the place around them. “We've got everything, and there are so many nice people here. Who are you?” he asked.
“I'm Zoey, and this is my dog Bonnie. Who are you?” Zoey began to walk around on the purple grass. Her pink dress didn't go with it, but she didn't care.
“I'm Torren. I got here by falling through a hole in a sandbox, and so did everyone else.” He laughed. “We knew you were coming.”
“How?” Zoey asked, confused. How could they know that she was coming, it had been purely by chance!
“It rains sand whenever a new arrival comes.” Suddenly the sky darkened and sand began to fall out of the sky. “Run for cover!” Torren ran under a picnic table, kneeling under it.
Zoey followed, watching the sky become purple again as the sand stopped falling and started to magically disappear from the ground.
That day, Zoey didn't play with toys, she played with people. She made tons of friends, and she loved PurpleVille. She didn't want to go at all.
“Well, I like this place.” Zoey had had the best day ever today. “I'm never going to go!”
~The End~
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Zoey's Utterly Purple Adventure 461

http://www.pixelpuppy.net

Back to top Go down

Zoey's Utterly Purple Adventure Empty Re: Zoey's Utterly Purple Adventure

Post by shadowsowner888 9/13/2009, 10:16 am

Haha, this is so cute! x3 I really like it!
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Zoey's Utterly Purple Adventure 1312Zoey's Utterly Purple Adventure 2412Zoey's Utterly Purple Adventure 3349Zoey's Utterly Purple Adventure 3548Zoey's Utterly Purple Adventure 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Arianna 9/13/2009, 10:20 am

Thankies, Shad Smile
We were talking about making it into a kids book for createspace, but I don't know who'd do the illustrations. xP
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 9/13/2009, 10:48 am

Ooo! Me! Very Happy

Actually, no, you don't want me. xD I suck at drawing people.
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Zoey's Utterly Purple Adventure 1312Zoey's Utterly Purple Adventure 2412Zoey's Utterly Purple Adventure 3349Zoey's Utterly Purple Adventure 3548Zoey's Utterly Purple Adventure 3327

Back to top Go down

Post by Arianna 9/13/2009, 10:50 am

Well so do I, so I'm stuck!
You just gave me an idea for a contest! I could have the story tiled into little bits, and everyone would have to draw two non consecutive ones, and every drawing would go into the book, except for the two winners would get free copies! Woot!
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 9/13/2009, 11:06 am

Hey, that's a cool idea! Very Happy
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by xSophiexx16 10/8/2009, 9:29 am

Very Cute (:
Sort of reminds me of Peter Pan in a way.
A small way, but it does.
xSophiexx16
xSophiexx16
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Zoey's Utterly Purple Adventure 3918Zoey's Utterly Purple Adventure 3919Zoey's Utterly Purple Adventure 4122Zoey's Utterly Purple Adventure 4123Zoey's Utterly Purple Adventure 4121Zoey's Utterly Purple Adventure 2005Zoey's Utterly Purple Adventure 4120Zoey's Utterly Purple Adventure 1703Zoey's Utterly Purple Adventure 1704Zoey's Utterly Purple Adventure 3920Zoey's Utterly Purple Adventure 1770Zoey's Utterly Purple Adventure 3918Zoey's Utterly Purple Adventure 3916Zoey's Utterly Purple Adventure 1697
Female Posts : 1778

Back to top Go down

Post by Arianna 10/8/2009, 12:06 pm

Thanks, Sophie Smile
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down