The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's Wrong With Me? [More added in purple!]

+3
Rai
shadowsowner888
PugsRock
7 posters

Go down

What's Wrong With Me? [More added in purple!] Empty What's Wrong With Me? [More added in purple!]

Post by PugsRock 6/20/2010, 6:56 pm

What's wrong with me?

I get lonely in a crowd

I'm happy while I'm sad

I smiled when you left

But now I want you back

But there's nothing I can do

prologue.

I watched from the doorway of my room, helpless, while my mom stood in the kitchen with her arms wrapped around a man's neck, running her fingers through his dark hair. He had his hands gently around her waist. I had the perfect view of the mess that was happening there. My mother, married to my dad for 19 years, was kissing another man, and she didn't seem upset at all.
They pulled apart and smiled at each other, but suddenly the man's phone rang. He turned his head to the left, the direction I was in, and pulled out his Blackberry. I recognized him immediately; Mr. Mullooly, my Science teacher. I had to use all my strength not to scream. I quickly turned around and went into my room before he saw me, but I think I was too late.

chapter 1.

"Hi, Alexia," Mr. Mullooly said, smiling like he knew something I didn't. But I did. What if he knew? He was acting pretty suspicious. "Alexia?" he asked. My name sounded even worse when he said it. I never liked my name; my mom just loves it because it's 'unique.' I remember what she said when I asked. "You will never have another girl at your school named Alexia. Alex is too boring. You aren't close to boring."
I forced a smile onto my face. "Hi, Mr. Mullooly. How was your weekend?" I raised my eyebrow, anticipating his pathetic answer.
He put his hand on my shoulder and led me into his ugly room. It's the smallest classroom in the school, but it's filled with the most junk I've ever seen. There was a chemical shower behind his desk just incase there was an accident during an experiment. I wanted to shove him under it. On his desk were dozens of scientific toys, such as Newton's Cradle, a flashlight that turns on when you shake it, and ten wind-up toys. He also had two clocks on opposite sides of the room, but instead of numbers, there were symbols from the periodic table. Half the items of the room were covered in dust and hadn't been looked at in years. "I'm aware that you know about what's going on with me and your mother." He shut the door behind him and sat down at his desk.
"I can't believe you! She's married!" I exclaimed. "Why would you do that?"
He drummed his fingers against the desk. "I'm so, so sorry, but I can't explain how we feel. We just fell in love at the conference we had and I'm so sorry you had to find out."
My mouth gaped. "How long were you planning on keeping it a secret from me? I'm going to call my father right now." I started walking toward the door.
Mr. Mullooly rushed over and blocked the exit. "Please don't get your father involved. Because I know one of your secrets, too."
The bell rang, signaling that the time has come to go to my next class. "What secret?" I practically screamed. Students were already beginning to flood into the class.
He put his hand on my shoulder again. "Bye, Alexia. We can talk about this during your lunch period."
Later I got a text saying that a rumor was spreading about Mr. Mullooly and me- and we were dating. I wish the students could know that the rumor was pretty close to the truth.
I came back into the science classroom as soon as my grade's lunch period began. I quickly walked through the door and took a seat at one of the desks. "Hi, Mr. Mullooly," I said, my voice cold. I took out my sandwich and bit into it so hard I bit my lip and it started bleeding. "What secret to you know about me?"
He looked down at his pizza (probably cold leftovers) and then up at me. "Saturday I saw you watching your mother and I. I wanted to fix things and explain what was going on. I came upstairs and noticed the light on in the bathroom. Alexia, eating disorders are very serious. I heard you forcing yourself to throw up."

chapter 2.

"Don't tell anyone," I said to Mr. Mullooly, shocked. I couldn't believe he had found out!
He smirked. "It's very serious, Alexia!"
"So is your relationship with my mom!" I snapped. I jumped up and threw my sandwich away.
"Don't talk about that! Quiet down. We're not alone, you know," he whispered. He took a seat in the desk next to mind. I fought a giggle; he looked stupid sitting in the small chair.
I finally beat the laughter and frowned. "If you tell anyone about my eating disorder I tell everyone about you and my mom!"
Silence. A long, strained silence. "Fine. Please leave now, though. I don't feel good about keeping my secret. I just feel guilt."
"Hmm, what would make that better? Maybe breaking up with my mom?" I wanted to cry. "If you feel so bad about it, then you don't really like her."
He got up, as did I. He towered over me, and I was afraid. "I love your mom."
"No you don't!" I picked up my bag and looked at the door. "You can't love her!"
He stood close to me and touched my hair, ignoring what I said. "You're really pretty," he murmered. "You get it from your mom." He smiled.
I ran out of the room faster than ever before.
Creep.

I sat down at my usual lunch table in the middle of the room. The table is rectangular, and I sit near the middle of the table. 15 other girls surround me, including my three best friends, Chloe, Bryanna, and Amy.
Chloe has long and curly blonde hair. She's really tall but isn't awkward about it at all. Her eyes are big and bright, and right at that second they were staring at some guy across the lunch room. She giggled and looked down.
Bryanna has a pale face and she colored her hair to be white, kind of like Taylor Momsen. She's a little rebellious, but also very sweet and she's always looking out for the rest of us. She's a little bit insecure at times, but usually is very good at hiding it.
Finally, Amy is like the mom of the group. She is always trying to be safe and healthy and all that. She's very protective and always speaks her mind, but she's a lot of fun too.
And... me. I'm the leader of the group, as of 2nd grade. It sounds really great, but it's an overwhelming amount of pressure. I have to keep my grades up, have a nice reputation, look good, and have a social life. So how do I do this?
No sleep and an eating disorder.
Yay.

Last edited by PugsRock on 7/2/2010, 10:06 am; edited 4 times in total
PugsRock
PugsRock
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 7527

Back to top Go down

What's Wrong With Me? [More added in purple!] Empty Re: What's Wrong With Me? [More added in purple!]

Post by shadowsowner888 6/21/2010, 4:54 pm

XD Oh my gosh. Poor Alexia . . . things are so crazy for her, so so crazy.
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

What's Wrong With Me? [More added in purple!] 1312What's Wrong With Me? [More added in purple!] 2412What's Wrong With Me? [More added in purple!] 3349What's Wrong With Me? [More added in purple!] 3548What's Wrong With Me? [More added in purple!] 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

What's Wrong With Me? [More added in purple!] Empty Re: What's Wrong With Me? [More added in purple!]

Post by Rai 6/21/2010, 5:40 pm

That's really good! Very Happy
But as Shadow said: Poor Alexia. D: I think I would rip Mr. Mullooly's head off! D<
Rai
Rai
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Female Posts : 1321

Back to top Go down

Post by The Newms 6/21/2010, 8:17 pm

Ouch, that is....um....awkward. Well, anyway, post more, I wanna see how Alexia gets out of this one! xD
The Newms
The Newms
Novelette Scribe
Novelette Scribe

What's Wrong With Me? [More added in purple!] Siggy

Female Posts : 773

Back to top Go down

Post by PugsRock 6/21/2010, 9:13 pm

xD Thanks everyone. (: Added more.
PugsRock
PugsRock
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 6/22/2010, 3:54 pm

XD Augh. He really is a creep.
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

What's Wrong With Me? [More added in purple!] 1312What's Wrong With Me? [More added in purple!] 2412What's Wrong With Me? [More added in purple!] 3349What's Wrong With Me? [More added in purple!] 3548What's Wrong With Me? [More added in purple!] 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Post by PugsRock 6/22/2010, 7:49 pm

xD I know a teacher like that, though, minus the mom stuff.
PugsRock
PugsRock
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by The Newms 6/22/2010, 8:04 pm

HAHAHAHAHA what a creep.
But, that's a shame...belimia. D= And now the creep knows about it. Wow, what a great day someone is having....
The Newms
The Newms
Novelette Scribe
Novelette Scribe

What's Wrong With Me? [More added in purple!] Siggy

Female Posts : 773

Back to top Go down

Post by PugsRock 6/22/2010, 8:42 pm

xD Yeah.
PugsRock
PugsRock
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Rai 6/22/2010, 11:44 pm

:O
I like the new part! :3
Mr. Mullooley is such a CREEP. I would've given him a nice punch before leaving the room. >D
Rai
Rai
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Female Posts : 1321

Back to top Go down

Post by PugsRock 6/23/2010, 7:07 am

xD Actually, there will be punching (of someone else) in this story.
PugsRock
PugsRock
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by truckthewolf 6/23/2010, 6:56 pm

Poor Alexia, I'd be freaking out if this was happening to me. Dx
I only found this one mistake at the end of the first chapter:

".... I came upstairs and noticed the light on in the bathroom. Alexia, eating disorders are very stop. I heard you forcing yourself to throw up."

That sentence doesn't sound right, specifically the word 'stop' in there. Otherwise; I loved it! c:
truckthewolf
truckthewolf
Flash Fiction Scrawler
Flash Fiction Scrawler

Female Posts : 57

Back to top Go down

Post by PugsRock 6/24/2010, 3:24 pm

Sorry. It should be serious. xDDD I'll fix it.
PugsRock
PugsRock
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Smalltownwriter 6/24/2010, 4:07 pm

Interesting story! I love it! but like everybody said, Poor Alexia:(
Smalltownwriter
Smalltownwriter
Short Short Maker
Short Short Maker

Female Posts : 155

http://nightowl2911.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by littletoes101 6/24/2010, 4:37 pm

I love this! It has an interesting plot. Still, poor Alexia.
littletoes101
littletoes101
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 5640

http://www.thechildbooks.wikispaces.com

Back to top Go down

Post by PugsRock 6/24/2010, 7:13 pm

Thank you. Smile
PugsRock
PugsRock
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down