The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vampire Academy anyone?

2 posters

Go down

Vampire Academy anyone? Empty Vampire Academy anyone?

Post by Avé 10/9/2009, 7:31 pm

Just curious if anyone has read the Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead. So far, there are four books in the series and one that is coming out next year, I believe. They're a really good series, and it's about a whole different type of vampire. This is the book for anyone who likes modern day fantasy.

I'd say the maturity level is maybe Pg-13. It's got romance scenes and some language, but other than that, they really are incredible books. For fantasy, there are three different types of vampires, and psi-hounds, as well as magic, but for the most part it's a story that is easily relatble... despite the fact it's a bunch of vampires in a school for, well, vampires.

But yeah, you should check them out when you get the chance. Very good books. Smile
Avé
Avé
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 5955

Back to top Go down

Vampire Academy anyone? Empty Re: Vampire Academy anyone?

Post by shadowsowner888 10/9/2009, 8:51 pm

Nope, but I want to. What's the plot like? (Leaving out spoilers, please. xD)
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Vampire Academy anyone? 1312Vampire Academy anyone? 2412Vampire Academy anyone? 3349Vampire Academy anyone? 3548Vampire Academy anyone? 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Avé 10/9/2009, 9:03 pm

I should have it in the first post... Razz Oops! Haha, anyway, so it's about this girl named Rosemarie Hathaway, but she's just called Rose. She's a dhampir, meaning she's half vampire, half human. She's living on a college campus with her best friend, Lissa, who is a moroi vampire- a mortal vampire with a strong connection to the earth. Lissa is royal, and Rose is her gaurdian. The reason they are living on their own is because they ran away from their school, St. Vladimir's Academy, for reasons you'll find out in the middle of the book.

St. Vlad's is for vampires, both moroi and dhampir. Dhampir learn how to fight, while moroi learn how to use their elemental magic. When Lissa and Rose ran away, they went looking for them... and found them. So the book starts off pretty much when they are found and taken back to the academy. And then... well, drama happens, she meets Dimitri, her trainer, and I don't want to spoil the rest! Very Happy

Wow, that was a bad summary... Razz
Avé
Avé
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 10/9/2009, 9:17 pm

Haha, it works for me. cheesy Thanks!
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Vampire Academy anyone? 1312Vampire Academy anyone? 2412Vampire Academy anyone? 3349Vampire Academy anyone? 3548Vampire Academy anyone? 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Avé 10/9/2009, 9:27 pm

You're welcome. Smile
Avé
Avé
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down