The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Phenomenon - A Different Type of Fairy Tale

+4
Arianna
The Mad Hatter
rattyjol
Akeria
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Phenomenon - A Different Type of Fairy Tale Empty Phenomenon - A Different Type of Fairy Tale

Post by Akeria 10/9/2009, 9:29 pm

Phenomenon
A Different Type of Fairy Tale

Fantasy - Dragons, princesses, your basic fairy tale stuff.
Maturity - Nothing major

**Locations of Chapters, About The Author, News and More Located on the Second Post**

Chapter 1
Irma awoke to the sound of whispering outside her door. She opened her eyes and inspected her room, before deciding that the whispering wasn't there. Stretching, she crept out of bed and toward the door, pressing an ear to it.

"Do you think we should wake her?" She heard her mother ask. Her voice was soft, sounding almost like a liquid. It flowed as she articulated every word she said. Irma pressed closer to the door.

"No, let her sleep, Astrid. She shouldn't be bothered until she's ready to be awake. She will choose when to wake up." Her father said. Irma turned and walked away from the door silently, stepping out onto her balcony and looking off the edge of the castle.

Irma knew she was lucky. Rich, wealthy, ruling family. She was royalty. Her eyes scanned over the vast castle grounds; gardeners were struggling with gnomes; small ignorant creatures who seemed to enjoy plucking up and stealing vegetables, trainers were working with knights in the main courtyard. One in particular caught her eye. He wasn't that tall, but he wasn't short either. His hair was the color of wet sand.

She sighed and stepped back inside, just as her maid entered the room.

"Oh! Princess Irma! You're awake!" Marian said. She was a plump woman, standing at about five feet tall, with soft blue eyes. She placed a chubby hand on Irma's shoulder. "Your father requests you in his court after breakfast. Come on! Let's get dressed!" Irma smiled at Marian. She loved her, more than her mother, though she would never tell her that.

Marian dove into Irma's closet, coming out with a light green dress with a deep "V" in the front. The top was fitted to her hips, where it flared into a more poofy structure. She slipped on a pair of matching shoes, and Marian un-braided her blonde hair and put the front of it back, leaving her side bangs in her face.

Irma brushed them out of her eyes and looked at herself in the mirror by the door. Her figure was small, her eyes the most distinguishing feature on her. They were a dark green color, like the color of leaves towards the end of summer; their darkest pigment. She watched as Marian fitted the golden tiara onto her hair.

"Beautiful." Marian confirmed, patting her shoulder and rushing her out the door. She saw her twin sisters, Isadora and Leila walking from their room in matching red gowns.

"Isadora, Leila!" Irma called. The twins turned, blond hair twirling with them. Their eyes weren't like Irma's. They were a light blue.

"Yes?" Leila answered.

"Nothing..." Irma said, "I just wanted you to wait for me so we could walk in together."

"Okay." The twins said in unison. The three girls linked arms and walked into the grand banquet hall, where breakfast was awaiting them.

Their father sat at the head of the table, purple robes flowing. Their mother sat next to her. Her soft blue eyes were watching the three girls come in. They sat down in their usual spots, and waited as a platter of breakfast meats, and eggs were set down in front of each of them.

Irma smiled, but remained silent, as her mother began idle chit-chat with the twins.

Irma knew that she was much like her father, from her eyes to her personality. Her father was quiet, but very bright. He was brilliant. Under his rule, the country of Natar had been quite productive, and very peaceful. There hadn't been a war in over thirty years, a large feat for their country. Cadogon didn't speak much, unless it was relevant to the conversation, or relevant to something big. However, he did always have time for Irma, no matter how busy he was.

After everyone had finished breakfast, Cadogon spoke to Irma.

"Irma, you do realize that you turn fifteen in a week, and as is custom in Natar, your marriage must be arranged." Her father stated.

Irma felt her pale cheeks flush with color. Marriage? She thought. I'm not sure if I'm ready for marriage... I'm only going to be fifteen! This rule isn't proper at all! She sighed and turned to her father.

"Are you to pick my husband? Or am I?" She asked, her voice quivered slightly. Her father looked down slightly, almost avoiding her gaze.

"Traditionally, it is the job of the father to choose the husband, especially since he must be of royal descent. Not to mention, this is a unique case. The man chosen for your husband would end up being the new king of Natar once my time has come."

Irma looked down also. She knew that this day had come. She didn't want to be arranged. She didn't want to be married at such a young age. She didn't want to be queen.

Nodding, she stood up and excused herself from the table, heading down to the courtyards.

She sat on a bench, contemplating what was to come of her. I do not wish to be married, but to run, or shy away from my duties as a royal princess would be disrespectful to both my parents and the country. So much, so much has been placed on my shoulders. She felt a tear slide down her face.

"Excuse me?" Irma heard a few minutes later. She wiped her tear away and looked up to see the sand-haired knight in full metal armor. He was tall, and his shoulders were broad. He looked like he was constantly working on getting stronger to defeat some nearby enemy.

Irma stood up and looked at him, brushing the dirt off of her dress. "Yes?" She asked, composing her voice.

"Nothing." He assured. "I just wanted to finally meet you, Princess Irma."

She felt tears swelling into her eyes, threatening to roll over the edge. "Okay." She said, turning around and walking away as a rebel tear pushed it's way down her pale face.

Last edited by Akeria on 10/9/2009, 9:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Akeria
Published Author
Published Author

Click the word counter to get to my TwigWriSum story!
Female Posts : 3571

http://raceagainstmachines.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Phenomenon - A Different Type of Fairy Tale Empty Re: Phenomenon - A Different Type of Fairy Tale

Post by Akeria 10/9/2009, 9:29 pm

Locations of Chapters
Chapter 1 (Above)
Chapter 2

Chapter 3
Chapter 4

About The Author
Akeria Hale has written a few stories on The Writers Guild, including Diary of the Middle Sister and Candlewood. Right now, she is in the process of writing a novel, and she hopes that this will act as another, smaller novel.

Last edited by Akeria on 10/17/2009, 8:28 am; edited 4 times in total
Akeria
Published Author
Published Author

Back to top Go down

Phenomenon - A Different Type of Fairy Tale Empty Re: Phenomenon - A Different Type of Fairy Tale

Post by rattyjol 10/9/2009, 9:34 pm

Awesome so far. Smile
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!
Female Posts : 15981

Back to top Go down

Post by Akeria 10/9/2009, 9:38 pm

Thank you, Anita.
Akeria
Published Author
Published Author

Back to top Go down

Post by The Mad Hatter 10/9/2009, 9:57 pm

*says in singsong voice* Aaawsome!
The Mad Hatter
The Mad Hatter
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Phenomenon - A Different Type of Fairy Tale Siggy
Female Posts : 9056

Back to top Go down

Post by Arianna 10/10/2009, 1:50 am

Awesome Smile I want more, please? x3
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Phenomenon - A Different Type of Fairy Tale 461

http://www.pixelpuppy.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Akeria 10/10/2009, 9:52 am

Maybe today, I don't know. I'm kind of tired.
Akeria
Published Author
Published Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Arianna 10/10/2009, 10:00 am

Take your time, then. Just don't forget Wink
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Akeria 10/10/2009, 10:21 am

I won't forget, I spent all last night in the hospital though, so I'm still recovering kind of.
Akeria
Published Author
Published Author

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 10/10/2009, 10:29 am

Oooh, I think I quite like this. cheesy I smell an epic romance.

Wait - you were in the hospital? What happened? Are you okay? Shocked
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Phenomenon - A Different Type of Fairy Tale 1312Phenomenon - A Different Type of Fairy Tale 2412Phenomenon - A Different Type of Fairy Tale 3349Phenomenon - A Different Type of Fairy Tale 3548Phenomenon - A Different Type of Fairy Tale 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Arianna 10/10/2009, 11:02 am

What happened, Keri? The hospital? 0.0
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by The Mad Hatter 10/10/2009, 11:36 am

*screams and hides under computer table at mentioning of hospital* o.o
The Mad Hatter
The Mad Hatter
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Phenomenon - A Different Type of Fairy Tale Siggy
Female Posts : 9056

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 10/10/2009, 12:21 pm

*stares at WL* o.0
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Phenomenon - A Different Type of Fairy Tale 1312Phenomenon - A Different Type of Fairy Tale 2412Phenomenon - A Different Type of Fairy Tale 3349Phenomenon - A Different Type of Fairy Tale 3548Phenomenon - A Different Type of Fairy Tale 3327

Back to top Go down

Post by Akeria 10/10/2009, 12:37 pm

Arianna wrote:What happened, Keri? The hospital? 0.0

Wormtail wrote:*screams and hides under computer table at mentioning of hospital* o.o

shadowsowner888 wrote:*stares at WL* o.0

It's no big deal. I was having enormous stomach pain, the worst pain I've ever felt, so Mom took me to the hospital. They examined me, and said that they didn't find anything when they did the x-ray, but my mom thinks that it was something different than what they were testing, so I have to go to the doctor in a few days. Don't worry about it, I'm home now. Smile
Akeria
Published Author
Published Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Arianna 10/10/2009, 12:38 pm

That's bad. But good, because it wasn't bad. You know what I mean. xP I'm sorry about that. Hope it doesn't happen again.
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 10/10/2009, 12:48 pm

Eek. o.0 That sucks! It's good that you're home at least. xD And I really hope there's nothing wrong!
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Akeria 10/10/2009, 12:51 pm

Me too. Today I feel sore. You know the feeling you get after doing like 50 sit-ups? How your abs are like, just sore? That's kind of how I feel today. Except that I didn't do sit-ups... Razz
Akeria
Published Author
Published Author

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 10/10/2009, 12:52 pm

That seriously sucks. xP
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Arianna 10/10/2009, 12:58 pm

Ouch, poor you! *hugs*
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Akeria 10/10/2009, 1:09 pm

It's okay... Don't worry about it. I'm better now.
Akeria
Published Author
Published Author

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 10/10/2009, 1:24 pm

Aw... feel better soon, Keri.

I do 50 sit-ups every night, so... XP
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!
Female Posts : 15981

Back to top Go down

Post by LuckyPenny666 10/10/2009, 8:07 pm

I'm really liking your story so far!

Gosh, that stinks. I hope you're feeling better!
LuckyPenny666
LuckyPenny666
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by Akeria 10/10/2009, 8:32 pm

Chapter 2
"No thank you." Irma declined her sisters. She went up the marble stairs into her room and looked around. Getting into a plain white dress she assessed herself in the mirror, and then went outside to the stables.

Irma loved her horse. She knew that she was different, knew that she wasn't the same as her sisters or anyone in her family. Not even really her father. Her horse was a dark brown color, with a few white sploches. Her fur was shiny and beautiful, and her mane and tail were an even darker brown, almost a black color. She had named her Kharyi when she was about three, knowing that her mother had told her that it meant "generous" in the native language of Natar.

She stroked Kharyi gently, brushing her soft fur gracefully, before climbing on to ride her bare-backed toward the forest. Kharyi whinnied happily as they trotted along, knowing that the ride would be short lived, and Irma would have to return to the castle before dark.

Before long, they came to a small stream and Irma dismounted, taking a drink from the cool water. She let Kharyi drink too, knowing that the horse relished all the time they had together.

What I wouldn't give to be able to leave all of this madness behind, and just go with Kharyi to some other part of Natar, where marriages aren't arranged, and people can just live happily.

"As you wish." Someone said. Irma sprang up, mentally punishing herself for not learning to use a weapon at all. A figure crept out of the bushes, he was tall, with black hair and dark green eyes, much like Irma's.

"Who are you?" Irma demanded. She took a step backwards and placed a hand on Kharyi.

"Just a friend, Princess Irma of Natar." He stepped closer and placed a hand on her face. Irma's heart began to race. She looked deep into his eyes, and then was suddenly not afraid. She was safe, she was happy. "Irma, what would you say if I told you that walls could not hold you in any more? That you could be free? That you could leave all of this behind, and not have to worry about any of it."

Irma's mind was swimming. She felt woozy. She looked back into the man's dark green eyes and saw sincerity, truth behind them.

"I would say that it'd be better than this place." She said. He let go of her, and immediuately she regained sense. He pulled a black horse from the bushes, and got on.

"Get on Kharyi." He ordered. Irma obeyed, more out of curiousity than loyalty.

"What's your name?" She asked.

"Asim." He sighed.

"Your name is of the ancient language?" Irma asked curiously.

"Yes. Now we leave." He kicked his heals into the horse's flanks, and they started through the woods. Irma looked back regretfully.

I'm sorry, father... She thought. But some princesses aren't meant to rule. She bowed her head and then looked forward, toward the trees.

Last edited by Akeria on 10/11/2009, 9:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Akeria
Published Author
Published Author

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 10/11/2009, 8:26 am

Lovely start. nod
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Akeria 10/11/2009, 9:35 am

Chapter 2 is doneeeee
Akeria
Published Author
Published Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next