The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Phenomenon - A Different Type of Fairy Tale

+4
Arianna
The Mad Hatter
rattyjol
Akeria
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Phenomenon - A Different Type of Fairy Tale - Page 2 Empty Re: Phenomenon - A Different Type of Fairy Tale

Post by shadowsowner888 10/11/2009, 9:44 am

Epic. Twisted Evil Her dad's gonna freeeeeak!
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Phenomenon - A Different Type of Fairy Tale - Page 2 1312Phenomenon - A Different Type of Fairy Tale - Page 2 2412Phenomenon - A Different Type of Fairy Tale - Page 2 3349Phenomenon - A Different Type of Fairy Tale - Page 2 3548Phenomenon - A Different Type of Fairy Tale - Page 2 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Phenomenon - A Different Type of Fairy Tale - Page 2 Empty Re: Phenomenon - A Different Type of Fairy Tale

Post by Akeria 10/11/2009, 10:17 am

Quite possibly.
Akeria
Published Author
Published Author

Click the word counter to get to my TwigWriSum story!
Female Posts : 3571

http://raceagainstmachines.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Arianna 10/11/2009, 10:23 am

Ooooh, bad Irma. xD
But a good choice Smile
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Phenomenon - A Different Type of Fairy Tale - Page 2 461

http://www.pixelpuppy.net

Back to top Go down

Post by LuckyPenny666 10/11/2009, 3:26 pm

Great chapter! Very Happy
Ooooh, Irma's in lurve. :-)
LuckyPenny666
LuckyPenny666
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by Akeria 10/11/2009, 7:40 pm

Chapter 3
"Awake, Princess Irma of Natar." A smooth voice said. Irma opened her eyes gently.

"Asim?" She asked groggily. He nodded.

"Come, you have been asleep for far too long. It is night, we can move easily without being followed." He stood up and began to pack the few blankets he had onto his horse's saddle. He then doused the fire and used a bowl to pick up all of the ashes, scattering them around. The camp smelled dank, and like dusk.

Irma stretched her muscles, cold in her simple white dress. She shivered and stood up, clambering onto her horse, wishing she had a sweater, or something warmer to wear. The two began riding at a brisk pace, Irma felt it hard not to fall asleep.

She noticed the drastic change in the landscape from during the day to night. During the day, it was picture perfect. The fields and valleys were gorgeous, and looked like something out of a story-book. But at night? Irma was afraid. She knew that there wasn't much to be afraid of, trees couldn't talk, couldn't move, couldn't scare, but still she felt the hair on the back of her neck raised, and unwilling to go back down.

"Stop." Asim ordered suddenly. Irma slowed Kharyi down, and watched as Asim held out his palm, as a ball of dark green light slipped onto his hand. Asim watched the spot.

"No. Not yet." He whispered. Irma barely heard it. "Yes. Tomorrow would be better." He spoke even softer. He said something else that Irma didn't catch. She pretended to preoccupy herself with brushing back Kharyi's mane.

Irma watched the glowing speck increase in brightness, and then spin wildly, growing brighter. She couldn't help but watch with a look of complete awe on her face as the spot dissapeared.

"Let's go. We should be there by morning." Asim stated. He pushed forward but Irma stayed put.

"No." She said. "I demand answers, I demand you tell me what we're doing, where we're going! I want to know what that weird... ball of light was on your hand, and why on earth you were talking to it! I don't understand, and I want answers."

Asim blinked, saying nothing. He turned his horse around and faced her. "Gamarashira does not wish for me to tell you, and it is her wish that I must obey, because she is... Well, I have to listen to her. I'll put it that way."

"Gamarashira?" Irma asked.

"Yes, Gamarashira. She's the... queen? I guess that's a title. She's the leader of..."

"Leader of what?"

"Never mind. We'll keep going. If you want to go back, you may. But let me just say, that you would be going back into the kind of thing you were trying to escape from, and let me tell you, you may be getting more than you bargined for by coming with me."

"Fine." Irma stated, heading forward with Kharyi. Asim nodded.

"Gamarashira will be pleased." He said. going forward with Irma.

"Yeah, yeah." Irma said, dismissing him, and focusing on the path, which was now barely noticable in the dark.

They stopped a few hours later, by a stream. Irma let Kharyi drink calmly.

"Here." Asim handed Irma a red gown, it was tight, small, and very form fitting. Not to mention that it was short.

"What do you want me to do with this?" Irma asked.

"Put it on. Gamarashira picked it out for you, you wear it." Asim made a small fire and went to go get some food.

Irma stared at the dress in frustration, and then put it on. I feel so exposed in this! And cold! I'm colder now than in my white one! She thought, furious at the dress and Asim. It came down to her knees, and was very tight all around. It was almost like it had been really tiny, and someone had made it bigger.

Asim came back with more firewood and two rabbits. He set them down and began skinning them, putting the meat on warm rocks to cook.

"Eat." He ordered. "You look nice." He said with a small smile. Irma rolled her eyes, putting the white dress on over the red one to be warmer. She rolled up into a ball by the fire, accepting the smallest amount of meat possible.

"When will we be there?" She asked as Asim once again doused the fire. Asim ignored her, so she repeated the question.

"When we get there!" He screamed after the third time she asked. "Don't you get it, Irma? Just... be quiet! I can't listen to you anymore!" He spun around and threw something at a tree. It burst into flames. He looked at it for a second then turned to face Irma.

She stared at him, eyes wide. She stood up and went over to the fire, taking the bucket of water and dousing the tree, afraid the smoke would attract some stranger in the woods. She walked back to her horse and sat down, feeding the animal an apple Asim had brought back from the deeper parts of the trees.

Asim turned around and looked at Irma. He walked over to her, holding his hand out. She accepted, and used his hand to stand up, coming face to face with him. Her blond hair blew out behind her, and her face looked pale as the sun began to set through the trees. Kharyi pawed at the ground, as Asim put a rough hand on Irma's face. He moved his thumb across her pale, smooth cheek, and then looked deep into her dark green eyes, the same color as his.

Irma looked down, away from Asim, and then back up to look back into his eyes. He leaned in and kissed her, gently. Irma pulled away, shocked by the sudden change of mood that Asim had. She turned around and put a hand on Kharyi, putting the other hand on her cheek where Asim had touched her. She looked over her shoulder to see Asim gathering the supplies and mounting his horse, so she did the same.

Last edited by Akeria on 10/12/2009, 4:15 pm; edited 2 times in total
Akeria
Published Author
Published Author

Back to top Go down

Post by littletoes101 10/11/2009, 7:59 pm

*drools* more please
littletoes101
littletoes101
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 5640

http://www.thechildbooks.wikispaces.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Akeria 10/12/2009, 4:17 pm

Chapter 3 is finished, enjoy y'all.
Akeria
Published Author
Published Author

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 10/12/2009, 6:34 pm

That was sweeeeeet. cheesy I quite like that fellow. Moody guys are epic in romance.
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Phenomenon - A Different Type of Fairy Tale - Page 2 1312Phenomenon - A Different Type of Fairy Tale - Page 2 2412Phenomenon - A Different Type of Fairy Tale - Page 2 3349Phenomenon - A Different Type of Fairy Tale - Page 2 3548Phenomenon - A Different Type of Fairy Tale - Page 2 3327

Back to top Go down

Post by Akeria 10/12/2009, 9:20 pm

Agreed.

*Sighs dreamily over Asim*
Akeria
Published Author
Published Author

Back to top Go down

Post by catbuster 10/14/2009, 3:25 pm

Wow I loves it! Write more soon PLEASE!
catbuster
catbuster
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Female Posts : 1932

Back to top Go down

Post by Akeria 10/17/2009, 8:27 am

Chapter 4:
Irma awoke with her head resting on her horse's neck, trying to figure out where she was. Kharyi wasn't moving, and Asim was no where to be found...

She looked around, taking in her surroundings; the trees were packed closely together, indicating how deep into the forest they were. There was no water to be seen, although the feint roar of a waterfall could be heard.

Jumping of Kharyi, she found a scroll on the ground and picked it up, wishing she could read. Irma pulled the white dress further down her arms, hoping that it would keep her a little warmer.

Asim walked through the trees a few minutes later, towing his horse behind him.

"Where did you go?" Irma asked innocently.

"I said in the note. I had to talk to Gamarashira about arrangements for you getting into... where we're going. Can't you read?" He said, almost mockingly.

"No." Irma said plainly, turning around in a gush of blond hair to face her horse. She climbed aboard and waited.

Asim shook his head and strode back through the trees. "Follow me." He said. "And don't fall asleep." Irma rolled her eyes at him as she rode on toward the waterfall.

She watched as Asim sat down by the water's edge and said a few words in the ancient language. The water sprang to life, sending colorful droplets dancing around the water to construct a structurally sound building. It was a castle, much like the one Irma lived in, but very small. It could fit on her lap. A figure came out of the castle and looked at Irma, and then to Asim.

The figure was all of three inches tall, and looked much like the one that Asim had talked to on their way here. She jumped into the air and flew over to Asim.

"Ish n'ray amieys?" She asked, looking back at me for a moment.

"Yes." Asim answered.

"Ish n'ray redidan lonver Ei'Ri?"

"I think so. I cannot speak for her, I must only speak for myself."

"Tray ano."

"I am ready to enter Ei'Ri, but Irma may want otherwise, and judging from the look on her face, she knows nothing of the ancient language and is confused as to what you're saying."

Is this Gamarashira? Irma thought. Her mind raced with a billion questions.

"Queen Gamarashira, as she is called in Natar, though her real name is Queen Gama'shira, would like to know if you're ready to enter her castle, Ei'Ri."

"But... how would we get in?" Irma asked.

The queen laughed, a beautiful, high pitched laugh that rang like bells.

"Oh, little princess." She said, her voice was sweeter sounding in Irma's language. She fluttered her little wings and flew closer to Irma, so she was only an inch away. "You have much to learn. But if you're ready we can go." Gama'shira spoke slowly, articulating each letter in every word. Irma nodded and the queen raised a small hand and touched Irma's nose at the tip. Irma felt herself being pulled together, wound tighter and tighter. She struggled to open her eyes, and gasped for breath when she needed it. When she opened her eyes, she was small. The grass was taller than her, and she panicked. Gama'shira came and picked her up, sitting her on the edge of the castle in front of her.

The castle did not feel made of water. It's almost like the water has turned to stone. Irma thought, still dazed. Asim and the Queen fluttered down next to her. She looked behind her and gasped, seeing a pair of dark green wings. She stretched out with her mind, finding the new muscles and made them move. It's as easy as lifting an arm! she thought. She fluttered them faster, raising into the air, and then she zoomed around, getting used to the new control, and ability she had.

She flew back down and landed on the castle steps, waiting for the next miracle.

"Are you ready to leave Natar, Princess Irma? Where we're going, the only rule is, no unkindness. This means no stealing, being rude, or anything. Our culture, our race, demands this, and takes much pride in our calm, collected attitude. This is very important, Princess."

"I agree." She said, stepping in behind Queen Gama'shira.
Akeria
Published Author
Published Author

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 10/17/2009, 9:59 am

No unkindness?! xD Gosh. Does anybody ever break the rule? (Awesome job btw. Very Happy)
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 10/17/2009, 11:30 am

Awesome. Very Happy
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!
Female Posts : 15981

Back to top Go down

Post by Akeria 10/17/2009, 12:16 pm

Thanks.
Akeria
Published Author
Published Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2