The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kiri's Sketches [NEW 10/25--And it's not a dragon this time!]

5 posters

Go down

Kiri's Sketches [NEW 10/25--And it's not a dragon this time!] Empty Kiri's Sketches [NEW 10/25--And it's not a dragon this time!]

Post by Kiriana Shadeweaver 10/22/2009, 7:49 pm

I was meaning to do this earlier, but Photobucket was being mean to me.

These are dragons that have appeared or will appear in my story here, Black Moon Rising.

So anyways.
Let's start off with the very basic characters: Valley Dragons.
Kiri's Sketches [NEW 10/25--And it's not a dragon this time!] Valley_drag_sketch
These guys are small and are pretty fast. They obviously live in the valley, and come in an array of colors; bright, dull, light, dark... Colors aren't usually inherited traits among these dragons, so a young'un might look vastly different from its parents.

Counterparts? Of course!
Kiri's Sketches [NEW 10/25--And it's not a dragon this time!] Mountain_drag_sketch
Where there's a valley, there's a mountain. These ones are much taller and heavier built than their valley-dwelling counterparts. What they lack in speed is made up for in power. Whereas the Valley Dragons are fragile, Mountain Dragons have brute strength. Colors are generally duller, and again, not inherited.

These are so rarely seen, they don't even have an established name! Some call them the Underworld Soldiers, Armored Serpents... Me? I call 'em Cave Knights.
Kiri's Sketches [NEW 10/25--And it's not a dragon this time!] Cave_knight_sketch
If these strange cave-dwellers didn't have armor, they'd be very plain; their scale colors are pale, nearly white. However, they are plastered with a metallic substance in a shape similar to the armor of a knight.
Each dragon's suiting varies, but they always adorn a helmet, which blocks their faces from view, though a pair of gauntlets over their long-clawed forepaws is not uncommon either.
Small and cunning, while they haven't the speed of the Valley nor the strength of the Mountain, they have the sheer intellect to have either on their knees and begging for mercy. (Heheheh.)

And this is another Cave Knight, because I love drawing them. ^.^
She plays a role in the story (eventually), shrouded in myth and unknown truths...
Kiri's Sketches [NEW 10/25--And it's not a dragon this time!] Cave_knight_1_color
I started playing with dodge/burn for the shading. I like how it turned out.
So... anyone got a name for a crystal knight demon? Heh...

If you wanna see the un-colored version, it's here...
Spoiler:

This chick's from a story I plan on doing in the future... in pictures. (As in, comic book/graphic novel type thing.)
Her name's Quri. (Pronounced something like query, but I'm not entirely sure how...)
Kiri's Sketches [NEW 10/25--And it's not a dragon this time!] Prototype_1
She can change the color of the green bits and her eyes at will, and they glow. When they're "off," They turn grey and, well, aren't glowing.

Last edited by Kiriana Shadeweaver on 10/25/2009, 1:38 pm; edited 4 times in total
Kiriana Shadeweaver
Kiriana Shadeweaver
Short Story Writer
Short Story Writer

Female Posts : 472

Back to top Go down

Kiri's Sketches [NEW 10/25--And it's not a dragon this time!] Empty Re: Kiri's Sketches [NEW 10/25--And it's not a dragon this time!]

Post by Malicious Nightmares 10/22/2009, 8:02 pm

ZOMG AWESOME! cheesy

Words cannot express how amazing they are. XD
Malicious Nightmares
Malicious Nightmares
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 19506

http://www.shadowfire.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Kiri's Sketches [NEW 10/25--And it's not a dragon this time!] Empty Re: Kiri's Sketches [NEW 10/25--And it's not a dragon this time!]

Post by rattyjol 10/22/2009, 8:08 pm

Awesome! Very Happy
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!
Female Posts : 15981

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiriana Shadeweaver 10/24/2009, 1:08 pm

Colored that second Cave Knight.
I screwed up on her armor. The shading's not right, except for the helmet. That's fine. (See that effect on it, where the lighting quickly cuts off and gets all dark? That was supposed to be on everything else, but I forgot...)
Anyways, now she needs a name.
Kiriana Shadeweaver
Kiriana Shadeweaver
Short Story Writer
Short Story Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 10/25/2009, 10:36 am

These are amazing!! Haha, I wish I'd seen this sooner. x3 You must have been doing things like this for a long time, if you're that good.
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Kiri's Sketches [NEW 10/25--And it's not a dragon this time!] 1312Kiri's Sketches [NEW 10/25--And it's not a dragon this time!] 2412Kiri's Sketches [NEW 10/25--And it's not a dragon this time!] 3349Kiri's Sketches [NEW 10/25--And it's not a dragon this time!] 3548Kiri's Sketches [NEW 10/25--And it's not a dragon this time!] 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Arianna 10/25/2009, 10:38 am

You draw amazingly.
I presume you have a Wacom tablet?
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Kiri's Sketches [NEW 10/25--And it's not a dragon this time!] 461

http://www.pixelpuppy.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiriana Shadeweaver 10/25/2009, 10:46 am

shadowsowner888 wrote:These are amazing!! Haha, I wish I'd seen this
sooner. x3 You must have been doing things like this for a long time,
if you're that good.
Thanks. ^.^ Actually, the first three sketches only took me a few minutes if I remember right. The cave knights were a pain only because armor takes forever. Coloring was fun.
Arianna wrote:0.0
You draw amazingly.
I presume you have a Wacom tablet?
Thank you!
I do. Use it at a nearly constant basis. I love my Bamboo.
Kiriana Shadeweaver
Kiriana Shadeweaver
Short Story Writer
Short Story Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by Arianna 10/25/2009, 10:48 am

Me too Very Happy Except for the part where I suck at art. xP
Dodge/Burn is my best friend in GIMP. nod
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiriana Shadeweaver 10/25/2009, 10:53 am

Heh, I just draw a lot. I always find something to complain about, and a lot of what I draw is crap. The only good stuff is things I put my mind to.
The style I use, dodge/burn doesn't really work... but what I was going for here, it was marvelous. (For my shading, it's basically tinkering with lightness and a lot of layer masks.)
But it's pretty handy in the right situations.
Kiriana Shadeweaver
Kiriana Shadeweaver
Short Story Writer
Short Story Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by Arianna 10/25/2009, 10:54 am

I don't even know what layer masks are. xP
What are they?
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiriana Shadeweaver 10/25/2009, 11:02 am

Hmm, I'm guessing it's a Photoshop thing. *trying to think of a way to explain it*
It's sort of an advanced eraser.
I guess it's kind of like a layer grouped with a layer. They go together. Except, on a mask, you draw with black, white, and all the different shades of grey a computer can handle.
If you draw on the mask with black, the image on the layer it's grouped with becomes transparent where you drew with black. If I drew in white, it would reappear. Greys make it semi-transparent.

I doubt that made any sense.
Kiriana Shadeweaver
Kiriana Shadeweaver
Short Story Writer
Short Story Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by Arianna 10/25/2009, 11:14 am

I sort of get it Smile Thanks, I might try that on GIMP sometime.
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Malicious Nightmares 10/25/2009, 11:16 am

HOLY FREAKING CRAP. [I'm sorry. XD] The colored version is SOOOOOOOOOOO awesome, Kiri!!
Malicious Nightmares
Malicious Nightmares
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Arianna 10/25/2009, 11:20 am

I tried out the layer mask, it looks pretty cool. But how do you get it to get darker instead of lighter?
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiriana Shadeweaver 10/25/2009, 11:26 am

Hmm? Whatdaya mean?
I'm probably gonna get confused a lot while jabbering about graphics 'cause we're on two different programs.

Shadow Fire wrote:HOLY FREAKING CRAP. [I'm sorry. XD] The colored version is SOOOOOOOOOOO awesome, Kiri!!
Thank... you? *backs away slowly*
Kiriana Shadeweaver
Kiriana Shadeweaver
Short Story Writer
Short Story Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by Arianna 10/26/2009, 5:22 am

Yeah, I guess it is confusing. Oh well. xP
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Malicious Nightmares 10/26/2009, 11:13 am

That's what you call Mia, over-reacting. The same happened when I noticed Coacoabean of WI became a mod. C:

Love the new one! ^^'
Malicious Nightmares
Malicious Nightmares
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiriana Shadeweaver 10/26/2009, 12:13 pm

I've gotten used to the fact you overreact rather often, Mia, but it never fails to freak me out. ^.^;;

Thank you. I like Quri, can't wait to get started on her story. Should probably finish BMR, first, though.
Kiriana Shadeweaver
Kiriana Shadeweaver
Short Story Writer
Short Story Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by Malicious Nightmares 10/26/2009, 12:24 pm

XD

You COULD work on both at the same time, but yes, finishing one first is probably better. C:
Malicious Nightmares
Malicious Nightmares
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down