The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All In Good Time (I just named it that on impulse. xD) *A Dragon Soul backstory*

+2
rattyjol
shadowsowner888
6 posters

Go down

All In Good Time (I just named it that on impulse. xD) *A Dragon Soul backstory* Empty All In Good Time (I just named it that on impulse. xD) *A Dragon Soul backstory*

Post by shadowsowner888 10/1/2009, 6:28 pm

Fantasy: Some magical stuff, and dragons. And powers.
Maturity: Animals in love without anything happening. nod

I free wrote this, and it only took like half an hour! xP And if anyone wants to see its "sequel," go here.
https://shadowsowner888.forumotion.net/original-works-f4/broken-t2801.htm#152984

“Do well, Zamy,” my mom whispered to me with a smile. She nuzzled me, and for a moment our silver scales had a surge of energy flow through them.

“I will,” I promised her, beaming up into her loving blue eyes. Today was the day I’d prove to the King that I was old enough to receive my powers. It was my thirteenth year, and while I still had a young personality, most of the adults agreed that I was far beyond my years in . . . well, all those traits that make the others consider you “of age.”

Myself and about ten others - a little less - headed together to the palace. The others were older than me, and so more muscular, bigger, scarier-looking . . . a little intimidating. One in particular, a dark red boy, looked rather fierce; he glanced at me with an unreadable expression.

I quickly looked at the ground. Had he caught me staring? But I couldn’t resist peeking up again - just to check.

He grinned sheepishly at me, as if he were the one staring. At that moment, I fell in love. I knew what my mom would say - after all, this wasn’t the first crush I’d had on another dragon. But surely now I was old enough to be crushing on someone? Instead of just being . . . well, a fledgling?

I couldn’t really help it, anyway. He was just too gorgeous for that. Him and his bright green eyes . . .

He wandered over to me then, and blinked reassuringly at me. “Er, hi.”

“Hi,” I answered a little too quickly, offering a smile to him. A small smile - I was a little intimidated, and more than a little bit shy all of a sudden. He actually didn’t look that much older than I was, up close - he was still definitely at least a few months older, though.

“Uhh . . .” He scuffed at the ground with a talon. “Well, um, I’m Adrekin.”

By now we had all stopped in front of the palace. I could hear the others talking to each other in hushed tones as well, as we waited for the King to come out to us, so I figured it’d be acceptable for Adrekin and I to talk, too. Adrekin . . . I liked his name. He sounded like a fighter, just by it.

“I’m Aezamien,” I said. “But you can call me Zamy. Aezamien’s like . . . too old. I don’t feel old enough to use it yet.”

He laughed awkardly. “Old? I like it. It’s a beautiful name actually . . .” Adrekin seemed to flush, then, adding, “It fits you.”

I must have blushed, too, because suddenly my cheeks felt warm. I glanced towards the ground, but a smitten grin was spreading across my face. “Thanks.”

“So you wouldn’t mind if I called you Aezamien, then, would you?” Adrekin asked. Finally looking back at him, I found him smiling at me.

“Uhh,” I said, turning even redder, and ducking my head again - still with a smile. “I guess not.”

Finally, the doors of the palace swung open, and everyone instantly hushed. I looked towards the door, then glanced at Adrekin. He returned the look with a shy smile, and twisted his tail with mine. Then we both looked back to the palace, just in time to see our weathered old King, Ferlon, walk out.

He was grinning at us, unexpectedly. I had never seen him before . . . and well, I’d never really pictured him grinning. It didn’t seem regal enough.

“All right, everyone. I’ll call your names one at a time, and you’ll demonstrate whatever skill I ask you to. Based on that, I’ll decide a few minutes after everyone’s done their thing which ones of you shall receive your powers. Are you ready?”

We all nodded.

“Very well.” Then, looking directly at me, he spoke: “Aezamien.”

Me? I was to go first?! Suddenly I felt insanely nervous, and threw a frantic look at Adrekin - already, I felt so close to him.

He squeezed my tail, and gave me a slight nudge before freeing his tail from mine. “Go on. You’ll do great,” he said, grinning. The same gorgeous grin as he’d given me five minutes ago. So I stumbled forward, feeling slightly brave, and timidly met Ferlon’s eyes.

“Aezamien, I want you to do some aerial manouevers,” he told me. “Whatever you want. And you’ll be judged on how cleanly you do them, mostly - especially your take-off and landing.”

I took in a deep breath, nodding a little. “Should I go - start - now?” I asked meekly.

He nodded, smiling warmly.

I focused on the clouds, and cleared my mind of all else - the others watching me, especially the king. Usually this helped me, when I freaked out while showing my friends tricks. But then, Adrekin’s face popped back into my mind. That inspired me a lot, surpringly; I threw myself into the air, and did gracefully did my best routine yet - or what felt like it. There wasn’t a thing in the world that could hold me back, as I did loop-de-loops and corkscrews through the air, twisting and turning about the clouds, and finally doing a free fall - something I’d never dared try before. The feeling was so exhilarating that I almost forgot to stop my fall - but I did just before I was level with the top of the palace, then did a loop to land on the ground. I stumbled a bit, but that was it.

My wide eyes then went back to Ferlon’s. He was still smiling at me. “You can go back to your spot now.”

I wanted to groan; suddenly I was dying to figure out my results. But I headed back to my spot beside Adrekin.

He edged closer to me, so our scales were brushing. “I told you you’d do great,” he murmured.

I grinned, looking down. “Thanks,” I whispered back.

It seemed to take forever before Ferlon finally had called everyone up, and even longer for him to decide who would get their powers today.

He walked back out from the palace at last, and unrolled a small scroll. “You all did very well today. Unfortunately, there are a few of you that still need a bit of work before you’ll be ready. So, I will call the names of those who made it. Come forward when you hear your name, please.” The King cleared his throat, then read off the parchment. “Zenorith. Adrekin. Faolin. Merwyn. Ruke. Ptera. And, Aezamien.”

My limbs froze for a moment, then I forced myself to walk up. I saw those not named walk away with dejected expressions - while mine was probably just stunned. I’d made it! I passed!

Adrekin met my eyes, and we grinned happily at each other.

“Aezamien, since I started with you-” My head whipped to look towards Ferlon. “-you will be the first to receive your powers. Come here please.”

I walked shakily over to the King, feeling so nervous that I could barely support myself. He reached his hand towards my head, and I ducked it down to be at his level; then, his palm met my scales, and sent a surge of ice into me.

This was a shock, but it managed to clear my emotions away, somehow. So I stood there with blankness as energy rushed into me through his palm, swirling around and around inside me, squeezing into every crevice of my being it could find, and finally flowing out back into Ferlon.

I probably looked quite faint after that.

“Oh, and I forgot to mention - your powers will reveal themselves to you eventually,” Ferlon said, addressing the group as a whole. I took that as my cue to join the others. “I don’t really have a clear idea of what they are, though, so until then you won’t really know. If you’d rather know sooner, though, you can always ask your mothers. They know these things instinctively, from the moment you become eggs.”

Now I was dying to ask Flara what my powers were. But I closed my eyes, and waited patiently.

When everything was over, Adrekin walked me home. “Could I come back some time?” he asked me, looking a little sheepish.

“Yes,” I said quickly. “Uh - er, I mean, that would be awesome - yes.”

He grinned, and nuzzled me before racing away into the trees towards his own home.

My mom came out of the hut then, a twinkle in her eye. “Who was that, Zamy?”

I didn’t feel like asking her to call me by my real name - yet. “Oh, that was Adrekin,” I said, turning red.

She laughed. “Well, come on inside. How’d it all go?”

“I passed!” I grinned eagerly, trotting behind my mom into the hut. “But I don’t know what my powers are - can you tell me? Please?”

She laughed good-naturedly at me, rolling her eyes. “You have a few, and they kinda go with each other. Firstly, you can take energy from other living things.”

I nodded eagerly, my eyes urging her to continue.

“Secondly, you can use the energy contained within you to heal other living things.”

“Woah!”

“And lastly, you can also use energy to make other things grow - plants mostly, but if you have enough, even animals like us can be affected.”

“Sweet!” I spun around in a circle a few times, so filled with excitement that I was having an adrenaline rush. “Can I go try them?! How do they work?”

Flara laughed. “You’ll find out all in good time, sweety. All in good time . . .”

Last edited by shadowsowner888 on 12/3/2009, 7:20 pm; edited 3 times in total
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

All In Good Time (I just named it that on impulse. xD) *A Dragon Soul backstory* 1312All In Good Time (I just named it that on impulse. xD) *A Dragon Soul backstory* 2412All In Good Time (I just named it that on impulse. xD) *A Dragon Soul backstory* 3349All In Good Time (I just named it that on impulse. xD) *A Dragon Soul backstory* 3548All In Good Time (I just named it that on impulse. xD) *A Dragon Soul backstory* 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

All In Good Time (I just named it that on impulse. xD) *A Dragon Soul backstory* Empty Re: All In Good Time (I just named it that on impulse. xD) *A Dragon Soul backstory*

Post by rattyjol 10/1/2009, 8:07 pm

I read this on the freewrite thread. It's awesomeful. nod
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!
Female Posts : 15981

Back to top Go down

All In Good Time (I just named it that on impulse. xD) *A Dragon Soul backstory* Empty Re: All In Good Time (I just named it that on impulse. xD) *A Dragon Soul backstory*

Post by shadowsowner888 10/3/2009, 11:57 am

Thanks! ^^
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

All In Good Time (I just named it that on impulse. xD) *A Dragon Soul backstory* 1312All In Good Time (I just named it that on impulse. xD) *A Dragon Soul backstory* 2412All In Good Time (I just named it that on impulse. xD) *A Dragon Soul backstory* 3349All In Good Time (I just named it that on impulse. xD) *A Dragon Soul backstory* 3548All In Good Time (I just named it that on impulse. xD) *A Dragon Soul backstory* 3327

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightowl 10/4/2009, 4:29 pm

I enjoyed it thoroughly. Very Happy
Nightowl
Nightowl
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Female Posts : 1041

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 10/5/2009, 6:47 pm

Thanks Nighty! ^^ I'm glad you did.
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jinx 11/19/2009, 1:26 pm

Awesomeful!
Jinx
Jinx
Published Author
Published Author

{{Avvie thanks to Ave]

I wish I had covered all my tracks completely
'Cause I'm so afraid
Is that the light at the far end of the tunnel
Or just the train?~Tidal wave, Owl city.
Female Posts : 3205

http://www.playlist.com/playlist/17481697803

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 11/19/2009, 6:39 pm

Thanks, Mea. :3
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DiscardedHarmony 11/22/2009, 1:27 am

Oooh, awesome! Is there more? All In Good Time (I just named it that on impulse. xD) *A Dragon Soul backstory* 268382
DiscardedHarmony
DiscardedHarmony
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Female Posts : 1596

http://ShimmeringHeart.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 11/22/2009, 9:19 am

Thanks! :3 Not exactly; I wrote this based on my novel, though, and I have kind of a sequel . . . xD So I guess there's more, just not on this particular piece. I'm not sure if I ever posted its sequel-thing, though . . . o.0
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LuckyPenny666 11/22/2009, 3:12 pm

Awesome story! Very Happy
LuckyPenny666
LuckyPenny666
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 11/22/2009, 3:27 pm

Thanks Lucky! :3
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DiscardedHarmony 11/22/2009, 3:43 pm

lolz, ok. It's just that the story seems to need to be continued, ya know? :3
DiscardedHarmony
DiscardedHarmony
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 11/22/2009, 3:46 pm

Yeah. nod Which is why there's a sequel. Which I shall post later if I find I haven't already. xD
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DiscardedHarmony 11/22/2009, 3:48 pm

OK, xD
DiscardedHarmony
DiscardedHarmony
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 12/3/2009, 7:20 pm

shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down