The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

§Soul-Bringer§ *Updated 12/23/09* (Comments and critism are very welcome)

+4
shadowsowner888
Malicious Nightmares
littletoes101
warriorcatlover
8 posters

Go down

§Soul-Bringer§ *Updated 12/23/09* (Comments and critism are very welcome) Empty §Soul-Bringer§ *Updated 12/23/09* (Comments and critism are very welcome)

Post by warriorcatlover 12/11/2009, 7:16 pm

This was inspired by my evil twin, and I must give her credit for this. We've been through too much to be separated now. And even though she kills me more every day, I don't think I could live without her. Well... obviously. (I apologize for the length! But before you decide that is too long of a story to read, at least attempt it. At least tell me what you think of this so far, believe me, the other chapters are probably going to be much shorter!)

If you have picked up this book, or are just reading it off of some source, I can assume some things about you. You probably picked this up because it looked good on the shelf, or a friend suggested it to you, or maybe you’re being forced to read this. I’m also going to guess you’re a young adult; teenager, tween, something like that. But maybe you’re an adult, or younger than that. How should I know? But there are two things I can tell you I certainly know. And there are two things that everyone reading this have in common. One, you are most certainly human. I only let this out for human eyes, so solely human eyes shall recognize this. The second is that you have one single soul, without damage or having any hints of torn material anywhere.
Immediately, you assume I am not human by saying such. I know that for a fact. However it may seem though, I am just as human as you are. Well… almost. I was born among Homo sapiens, and I remain one, you can just say I’ve been… altered a slight. If you saw me, I’d look like an average human to you, nothing strange or unfitting; just an average girl with a long temper and a shy character. I always look like I’m lost in my own imagination, or within the pages of a book. I’m not the only out there of that kind. The aspect that separates me from you is something you cannot see. This is where that second comes in. Every human being has a soul; therefore, as do I. But you have your whole soul inside of you, in this chamber of your body that is behind the heart, and goes upwards towards your head. Your soul is peaceful, and needs no solace, for it prefers its habitat. It’s also naïve. But, don’t take that as a bad thing, either; you most certainly want it that way. I, dare I say such, only possess half of mine. Only half of it lives within me.
The other half roams as it pleases. You see, once in a while, one soul, is not happy in its chamber, and becomes corrupt. It becomes so corrupt, that it starts to tear, and if it has the strength, and the will, it tears in half completely. This is where the majority of the souls fall. You see, unless the piece of soul that has been torn away finds a body for itself, it vanishes into the air, disappearing into nothing. And the other half crumbles, because it is not a whole, and so does the body it inhabits. Those poor unfortunate souls are forgotten by the realms pitifully.
But there are a select few who end up lucky, so to speak, though I know now that it would have been for the better to let my soul crumble. There is an organization, specifically set up for these particular situations. They know how to stop the soul from being destroyed. They also choose who deserves such treatment. It started long ago, before my time, by a man whose soul simply tore. Quickly, out of trial and error, he found a method to preserve his soul before it crumbled. With that knowledge, he wished to help those unfortunate forsaken souls who had met a fate worse than his. Only later did he realize the consequences. Whether he regrets such actions or not, is out of my reach of knowledge, but if he thinks as I do, his heart is farthest in the pit of despair.
And he still lives now. He remains the leader of this organization. Something that comes with repairing of a soul is stuck immortality. It hasn’t been explained, it just happens. Your soul has something to do with how you grow. You just stop after the process is done; for you and the other half. And that isn’t the only catch. It’s with this particular group, and these catches, is how our story begins. A dreadful dreary night… oh say… six-hundred forty years ago:

Soul-Bringer

The rain pattered against the window-sill with the force of muskets, the thunder-clouds like cannons. From the outside view looking in, it blurred the face of the person looking out, and the view was blurred for the person looking out as well. Her gray eyes scanned the frame mournfully. She didn’t like rain so much. It prevented her from leaving the house. It was not the matter of the filth rain brought bothered her, it was her father. Her father, a Count of a High Court, thought a young lady was to be better off inside, then getting her garments filled with dirt and muck. He didn’t want his daughter looking like a peasant. But she hadn’t cared. Her sigh echoed off every corner and back into her ears as she turned back and sat down onto her cot. Then came a knock upon her door. “’M’lady?” the door blocked some of the sound, so she didn’t hear it at first. After hesitation, she looked towards the entryway. “Proceed.” With the granted permission, the maid entered, she had a full figure, red-brown hair and rosy cheeks. After she turned to close the door behind her, she stepped to the girl’s side and sat beside her. “Something troubling you, m’lady? You look awful sickly.” Her hand met the girl’s forehead, and the girl pushed it away. “I’m fine, Adèle. My spirits are low, nothing more.” She rose to her feet and retired to the window-sill once more. Adèle persistently walked behind her and when she halted ran her fingers through her hair. She had always loved the young mistress’ hair, so fine and dark, compared to the ruddy mess she owned. “Ah, but that is something to be concerned over.” she said soothingly. “Your father wants what’s best for you, Emily. He wishes for you to remain at a higher rank with properness.”
“And if I don’t want to be proper?” the girl interrupted. “And if I don’t want the position? What if that?” Adèle’s words ceased. She did not know what to say. Many girls her age would line up before their own grave to be at the rank she was, and she was treating it like it was as important as a fleck of dust in a dark corner. “You need to accept who you are, m’lady. You cannot just give something up that is yours alone. This rank belongs solely to you, don’t discriminate your father’s work.” Emily turned once again away from her and into another corner distressfully.”I am simply Emily, daughter of Count Charles Louis. I have no high rank.” The poor maiden merely shook her head, convinced she could say no more to alter the girl’s thoughts. “Whatever you wish, m’lady. But I do suggest you retire to your bed.” Adèle turned to spread the sheets and fluff the pillows. “At least consider that your father cares for you.” Her final response was a sharp exhale, but Emily followed the order of getting to bed. Her arms were crossed, as well as her countenance. ‘Goodnight, m’lady’, were words the girl barely heard in her anger and short temper, next to the shut of the door. Father can fuss all he wants about me. He’ll do nothing to make me truly happy.
Adèle sighed and made her way down the stair-well with loud thuds. She lowered her head and folded her hands as she entered the poorly lit room. The hearth was aglow by the luminous flame that lived within, and this light reflected off the old master’s face. His eyes were calm and patient, which matched his personality quite well. At the top of his head you could see the gray fading from the dark brown it had once been. “M-m’lord?” Adèle hated to destroy such a peaceful picture. Charles’ eyes flickered from the fire to the maiden. A warm smile broke from his face. “Why hello, Adèle. Care to join me by the fire?” he offered, his voice was soft, but it was full with meaning. Adèle nodded curtly and courteously and sat in a nearby chair with caution. His eyes returned to the fire, which now served as the fire’s mirrors. “Now, what have you come to tell me? Emily bothering you again?” Adèle swallowed. Her master was most certainly kind beyond possibility, but he was also wiser beyond his years. “N-not bothering me, sir.” She said gruffly. A short silence erupted, and Adèle thought it was hers to break. “I’m just… worried, sir. She… hasn’t been quite herself lately. I think she may be sick. But I wasn’t able to tell, she kept moving away from me.” Charles Louis, Count of a High Court, rose to his feet. “Then it is certainly a matter I must attend to.” The conversation and his presence ended with the fading sound of his footsteps going up the stairwell. Adèle sighed. Nothing can remain the same, can it? For an extended time, the maid sat alone by the hearth, feeling lonely and guilty, though she knew she shouldn’t.
It was not long before her master came down the stairwell again, but his step was not as light and calm as it had been before.”Adèle,” his voice seemed much tenser now. “How close is the nearest curer?” The maid rose to her feet, already having an idea in mind. “I’ll send my brother for him. Hopefully, this weather won’t stop him.” When she reached the doorway she halted. “How bad do you think this is, m’lord?” The count was hesitant to answering her at first. “She seems a little delirious, and feverish. The one thing that’s keeping me from suspecting tuberculosis is that she hasn’t coughed up blood yet.” His back was turned, and his voice low. He said no more until Adèle had left the room. “Everything may change. My instincts are compelled to think this.”

At three minutes to midnight, the main entrance door opened, and a large gust of wind pushed the figure in. Charles assumed it was the curer. Following behind the figure, was Adèle’s brother, who shall remain nameless in this situation, and shall simply be known as a loyal servant to the Count. “My apologies about the late hour, sir.” The Count said before the curer had a chance to speak. “Oh, it bothers me none. I was in no deep sleep either. In fact, I was wide awake. This gives me something to do.” The voice was sort of cold and dark, but the Count assumed it was only by the night hours. He strung his coat onto a hook in the large hall and walked immediately for the stairs. “Doctor,” the Count started. “No. I wish for you not to call me doctor. I insist you use my real name.” the man, who insisted not to be called doctor headed halfway up the stairs. He had a lean physique, and a young face, but his eyes had looked like they had seen centuries. His hair matched the color of dry hay in the barn, although it resembled it no more otherwise, it reached his shoulders and was tied back with a piece of twine. He didn’t seem a fairly wealthy man, but he certainly was not one of the poor folk. When he first came in he was clad in a long, but dull, green coat, with ruffled cuffs and faded leather buttons. Now he just wore a gray shirt that resembled what an average sailor would wear.
Just as Charles Louis opened his mouth to tell him he knew not of his name, he spoke again. “You may call me Alias, as if you were a peer; or Asigen, my surname. Either way, I won’t be insulted.” Of course, he despised his own name as it was, but it wasn’t for him to change, and he told this not to the despairing count. His head turned away and he ventured further up the stairs and down the upper hall. “I’m assuming the girl’s in the last room, or is that a false statement?” Alias’ figure disappeared behind a wall. “On the left, Mr. Asigen.” The count’s voice bellowed with melancholy.
Alias let his eyes adjust to the darkness. Good Lord, is there a candle here anywhere? With his hand he waved some cobwebs that had fallen upon his face. His hand ran against the wall to feel for a candle, and kept running until it hit some sort of holder. From his pocket he took a match and lit a flame. Through the now bright light he saw every old corner of the great hall. Cobwebs were here and there and the paint was fading. But the bachelor had to admit, this was nothing of flotsam. His hand reached for the last doorknob on the left and he twisted it gently. His breath ceased the flame and with care, he pushed the door open. It was a dimly lit room, though lighter than the hall had been. Obviously the first thing that came to his attention was the girl with a haggard countenance and a ragged breath. Her once piercing eyes were now sunken and sullen by sickness. And at times she attempted to cry out, but it only came as a weak, soft moan.
This was the only reason he had come. He hated to say it to this girl’s father, but he was no doctor. At least, not of the sort the Charles Louis could think of. The only things he had in the large bag that hung limply at his side were an empty jar, a black cloak, a vial containing a shiny liquid and an Athamè. “What do you want?” a raspy voice came that startled Alias. It only took him moments that the voice belonged to the girl. He smirked and approached the girl. “I’m here to cure you.”
“I don’t need curing!” her voice shouted with rage, followed by a horrid cough. “I ain’t sick!” The gray-green gaze fell sympathetically upon her deathly face. “Of course not.” Emily narrowed her eyes with a loathing and tossed the sheets over her head before turning stubbornly away from him. The figure’s next move was to sit at the edge of her bed. “I at least wish to hear how you are feeling, or what you feel like. I’ll accept anything, as long as it’s nothing similar to fine, good, or well.” He grinned charmingly. The covers groaned again, and showed all reluctance from replying to his request. The fire at the corner flickered and fluttered silently and cast shadows all throughout the room. Alias was willing to wait as long as possible. Finally she decided to answer, “I… I feel like I’m fighting… fighting something inside of me… something that will tear at my innards until I set it free. But I don’t know how to.”
And with that she broke into a soft sob. Exactly what I wanted to hear. “Thank you dear.” His hand slowly pulled the covers from her face. It hadn’t changed much, the hatred was still clearly there, but now many stains from tears were visible. This poor unfortunate soul… “J-j-just go! I know I’m dying; I don’t need a doctor to tell me that! There’s nothing anyone can do no more! I’ve sinned and now God is punishing me for it!” The gesture she gave violently tried to hit him in the face, but he swung back in a moment’s time. He was going to respect her wishes. In a few more moments, he nodded curtly with his courtesy for her wish and left the room. His long fingers wrapped around the archway and pulled himself from the room and into the long gloom they called a hall once more. The Count can believe tuberculosis for now. It shall fit. The grin he owned was now hidden and covered by a grim countenance that he had always saved for times like this.

Last edited by warriorcatlover on 12/24/2009, 4:03 pm; edited 4 times in total
warriorcatlover
warriorcatlover
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Female Posts : 2472

Back to top Go down

§Soul-Bringer§ *Updated 12/23/09* (Comments and critism are very welcome) Empty Re: §Soul-Bringer§ *Updated 12/23/09* (Comments and critism are very welcome)

Post by littletoes101 12/11/2009, 8:38 pm

Wow.Pwn dude...
littletoes101
littletoes101
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 5640

http://www.thechildbooks.wikispaces.com

Back to top Go down

§Soul-Bringer§ *Updated 12/23/09* (Comments and critism are very welcome) Empty Re: §Soul-Bringer§ *Updated 12/23/09* (Comments and critism are very welcome)

Post by Malicious Nightmares 12/11/2009, 10:49 pm

Yay! A story where Aemilia fits!!! cheesy

I need to write a story about Akinad, one day.. but.. she needs a better name. XD
And doesn't it just fell weird, to write about yourself.. in third person? I talk about myself in thrid person sometimes.. for the heck of it. XD
Malicious Nightmares
Malicious Nightmares
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 19506

http://www.shadowfire.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 12/12/2009, 12:16 am

That's amazing, WCL! Very Happy I really like this, and the stuff about spirits is really believable, too! ^^ You write awesomely.
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

§Soul-Bringer§ *Updated 12/23/09* (Comments and critism are very welcome) 1312§Soul-Bringer§ *Updated 12/23/09* (Comments and critism are very welcome) 2412§Soul-Bringer§ *Updated 12/23/09* (Comments and critism are very welcome) 3349§Soul-Bringer§ *Updated 12/23/09* (Comments and critism are very welcome) 3548§Soul-Bringer§ *Updated 12/23/09* (Comments and critism are very welcome) 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 12/12/2009, 2:15 am

Awesome. Very Happy More?
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!
Female Posts : 15981

Back to top Go down

Post by catbuster 12/12/2009, 7:24 pm

Woah, I was gonna read this last night but it was way long and I was tired and did not have the attention span to read the whole thing. But having just read this I will say it was spectacular, a very descriptive and emotional story to say the least. (Now reread that and imagine me saying it with a British accent xD)
catbuster
catbuster
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Female Posts : 1932

Back to top Go down

Post by warriorcatlover 12/16/2009, 9:09 pm

“So hope is gone, then?” It was later the following night, the moon was lowering in the sky, but it hadn’t shown through the windows. A silhouette was made by the fire that was doubled over slightly, its face in its palms. Another silhouette that reached across the fire grasped his shoulder. “I wouldn’t say such. Miracles are everywhere in this world. Have a strong faith.” Alias’ voice tried to provide Charles with some sort of solace. “God won’t take your daughter without reason.” The outside flame let Mr. Asigen’s eyes change from a green to an amber-like color and his face to the color of candle wax. He offered him a sympathetic smile. Alias Asigen was more than met the eye for sure. For one thing, he was a terribly good actor. Though he did feel sympathy for the old man, he hadn’t felt it in the way of someone who could only guess what would happen next; for he knew what was to happen next, and that this poor man would not be saved from his sorrow. Those elder eyes pierced into Alias. “How long do I have?” he said, as if he had ignored all of the young man’s remarks.
Alias expressed a sigh. “I would give it a month, or less.” And with that, the Count continued to suppress his sobs in the presence of his guest. Oh, my soul, oh my heart… less than a month? How shall I bear it?
Three weeks passed hastily, with the same routine repeating over and over again; Alias dropping in for his daily visits, checking to see how much closer she was to ‘dying’, Count Charles Louis disappearing into his chamber and mourning pitifully, and Emily, fighting off the raging horrors with every last bit of strength she had. Occasionally, several questions were passed around. ‘How is Emily doing?’ was always a first. ‘Where are you from again?’ after an afternoon tea. (“I was born in Tipperary, but I was raised in Southern England.”) And ‘Do you have a woman at home?’ (Which Alias’ face only turned red towards as he said no.) Until another night came, similar to the first night Alias had arrived: stormy and gray, fading to black. The entire household had been asleep in their chambers peacefully, not noticing anything out of the order. All except Alias. By candlelight, his nose was in an old dusty book with faded pages and a dusty cover. Any day now, I’m surprised she’s made it this long. The boys won’t be happy. The pair of green-gray pools scanned the pages, but he wasn’t really paying attention to the storyline. Like a vulture, he was just waiting for the right moment. Even if it wasn’t that night, he would still wait it out. She had to break down sooner or later. As if destiny had read his thoughts, a banshee like screech echoed through the halls.
Hopefully, this is it. He closed the pages together and hastily threw the book onto the chair he was just sitting on. His left hand grabbed a hold of the large black bag. His long fingers pried the old door open without so much as a squeak or a creek. The scuttles of the mice and the rats seemed to follow him as his footsteps lightly thudded on the floor. He didn’t need a flame to lead him this time, the cries were enough. At the door, he inhaled deeply and took an even longer exhale. Five… four... three… two… one… His fingers clasped the brass doorknob and twisted it calmly.
It was like listening to a bloody murder, and he could do something to stop it. Being in the very presence of the room felt death-like. The air tasted sickly, and all the light had seemed to escape out of the windows, save one small candle laminating the shape of Emily’s face. She hadn’t seemed to recognize his entrance. Her screaming was unremitting and Alias didn’t like such sounds very much. Quickly, he produced the silvery liquid in the tiny vial. “Emily, I’m going to need you to relax.” He said, though her shrieks, though it was completely unnecessary. Her colorless lips were already open wide, so he just poured it down her throat and placed the vial onto the small table beside the bed.
Her cat-like eyes flashed a furious glance at him, and she attempted to stifle her cry. Her final screech died down and faded into nothingness. Immediately, she tried to scream again, but nothing escaped her lips but silent air. ‘What did you do to me you…?!’ she mouthed furiously. Alias ignored her question and rummaged through the bag again, uncovering the Athame and another vial of liquid. “Look, Emily. I need to know this now. Do you want to live? If you do, I shall continue what I’ve been planning to do, or you can say no, and I’ll just leave. You’ll die peacefully and calmly, no pain.”
Her answer was hesitant, even though she was now mute. Several shudders passed strongly through her body as he waited. Her face was pale and waxy looking, and her eyes were being dulled to a white. “Please answer me, Emily.” He urged. She can’t take this pain much longer… time doesn’t wait for the wary, or the arrogant for that matter. A few more seconds passed; finally, she closed her eyes, though it didn’t prevent the tears from streaming down her face, bit her lip and nodded. A soundless scream came upon her again. ‘I can hear it like an echo in my ears… oh… it makes my head spin…’ she mouthed. Alias ceased waiting any longer. He cast the black cloak and the container onto the bed, by her feet. From his pocket, he took a little bit of black powder and streaked it beneath his eyes. “Fine. If you want to live, Emily, you’ll have to follow my every instruction. Otherwise, I could accidently kill you. Not one thing astray and you have to have a heart in this.” He knew it was a lot to ask of a fourteen year old girl, but he was only doing what he thought was right. Well, at that moment anyway.
He could manage to see her nod curtly through the dimmed light. His hand took the Athame and raised it to eye-level. He turned it at all angles, making sure there wasn’t one flaw or dent in it. He looked outside, watching as seconds passed by and the moon rose to its peak. The lamination that flickered off made the sky seem black, and no stars were visible in its greatness. One of its rays shone down onto the knife and gradually, a silver aura grew around it. The ancient markings on the Athame’s hilt gleamed brightly into Alias’ eyes for a split second. A heavenly sound that he alone could hear, bounced from the moon, off the walls and into his ears. “Any moment now, and you’ll probably feel… well… the worst pain imaginable. But it doesn’t last long at all, just keep reminding yourself of that.” Though to Emily’s ears, that wasn’t reassuring at all.
But she still couldn’t prevent it from happening. It only took another three seconds and she tried to scream, though she was still mute. This was all finished in a matter of ten minutes, though it felt like years. It began with the feeling of her chest being torn in half, (and she soon realized it was being torn in half). A great burst of light erupted from the tear and subsequent to it, was a mist-like mass, stained blood red at the edges, but appearing like a star. Her muteness ceased gradually, as her sole scream came back louder and louder, even after the lights had passed and the mist had lowered itself like fog to a lower level. But Alias paid no further need to stop the sound; he raced for the mist and quickly gathered it up all into the container. With another swift gesture, he grabbed the next vial and poured it into the jar before shutting it. The glass shook vibrantly with the force from the substance. Emily’s body went through many shudders, equal to the force. He knew he couldn’t keep it in there for an extended amount of time. Another ten seconds gone by, and its force weakened a little. He pulled the cover off and let it writhe onto the wooden floorboards. Then he pressed the blade of the Athame to his face and muttered something, which was almost inaudible to Emily under her screams, but what she made out, she could not translate as any language she had heard before. The final movement she saw, before becoming unconscious was Alias, stabbing the knife into the mist substance, producing one more scream from her, ere to falling into the darkness.
Alias held the knife firmly in its place, into the building mist, until it was no longer a mist, but a full mass. His arms trembled with effort as he kept the knife in place for the remaining seconds. When he raised it from the mass, he was shot backwards and his head hit the wall, and made a noticeable dent. He was not knocked unconscious; however now he had a large throbbing pain at the back of his head, along with a bleeding wound. With his eyesight blurry and his mind spinning, he rose to his feet, trying to focus at the new creature.
The new body was crouched down, back facing Alias, and supporting itself with its hands and feet. Its hair was a mess, looking like a messy stack of hay, but still the shade of Emily’s hair. Its breath was a ragged wheezing, and a heavy inhale. The clothes it wore were worn and torn, the color of spoiled milk and were covered with dirt and mud stains. After gaining focus again, Alias warily lowered to his knees and approached the new figure. His hand reached slowly for its shoulder. But when the tips of his fingers moved close to its hair, it spun around and screeched a banshee’s scream in his face. A startled Alias fell backwards, realizing not only that its eyes were a pure blood red, but its teeth resembled those of a cat; small, but sharp. The ends of its fingertips had a slight curve to them. But its face and physique was greatly similar to that of the blacked-out Emily, in fact, besides the fact of its state, eyes and teeth, it was an exact replica of her.
In a flash, it attacked Alias; it pounced at him and pinned him down, screeching into his face again. Desperately, his free hand searched blindly for the Athame, though not knowing what result would come if he did stab it. But he took the chance, rather this soul crumbling than his own being torn to shreds. His edges of his fingers wrapped tightly around the hilt and he stabbed it immediately into the thing’s left shoulder. Another screech and a burst of light cascaded from the wound. With eyes wide, he muttered another thing, more clear, loud and urgent than before. Now lights spilled from its mouth and eyes as well as the wound, and it soon turned into a golden aura. It was obviously in pain and furious, causing it to dig its somewhat claws into his shoulder. The two screams chorused together and rung into the outside, for the whole world to hear; the screams even hit nearby church bells, making them begin to chime along with the souls. Soon the room was illuminated completely with the light, blinding Alias for a split second, immediately ceasing after. And as the light died, the creature’s eyes faded to normal, a blue gray, and its teeth now those of a human. Its eyes rolled upwards and its lids met in a close. With a final exhale, it collapsed into Alias’ arms like dead weight, (which was the belief of Alias Asigen, causing his long search for a pulse.) Numerous trembles and shudders passed through Alias’ body from the exhaustion, but he knew he couldn’t show any signs of it. He held up the fainted body onto his shoulder, and looked down upon it, eyes a pool of mixed emotion. A silence of death had passed over their heads and all through the household now, though certainly he knew something had been heard. Step one of the process complete, eternity to go.
warriorcatlover
warriorcatlover
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Malicious Nightmares 12/16/2009, 9:32 pm

Will your evil twin get to meet mine, in this story? XDD
Malicious Nightmares
Malicious Nightmares
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 12/17/2009, 6:24 pm

That was awesome, WCL. :3
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

§Soul-Bringer§ *Updated 12/23/09* (Comments and critism are very welcome) 1312§Soul-Bringer§ *Updated 12/23/09* (Comments and critism are very welcome) 2412§Soul-Bringer§ *Updated 12/23/09* (Comments and critism are very welcome) 3349§Soul-Bringer§ *Updated 12/23/09* (Comments and critism are very welcome) 3548§Soul-Bringer§ *Updated 12/23/09* (Comments and critism are very welcome) 3327

Back to top Go down

Post by wolflover96 12/17/2009, 7:46 pm

very epic...and cool §Soul-Bringer§ *Updated 12/23/09* (Comments and critism are very welcome) Icon_biggrin
wolflover96
wolflover96
Short Story Writer
Short Story Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by Crystal Aura 12/17/2009, 9:04 pm

Exquisite! angelic
God, I use that word way too much... I'd better cut back. Lol.. embarrassed
You are really well-informed, brainy and bright about this kind of stuff...
No wonder Mia Fire worships, you... cheesy
Crystal Aura
Crystal Aura
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Female Posts : 2947

Back to top Go down

Post by Malicious Nightmares 12/17/2009, 9:44 pm

I don't worship her. >_>
We are called best online friends. NOT WORSHIPERS.

XD
Malicious Nightmares
Malicious Nightmares
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by catbuster 12/18/2009, 12:01 am

Amazing just amazing, I see a great writing career in you're future!
catbuster
catbuster
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Female Posts : 1932

Back to top Go down

Post by warriorcatlover 12/23/2009, 7:42 pm

(This chapter is kind of short, for my writing anyway. Sorry I haven't updated earlier!! But now that I'm on break, I'll have plenty of time for this!! YAY!! Very Happy Twisted Evil )

At first glimpse, it was just a cave; a dark eerie quarry chiseled into the side of a crag, far from any used roads, and close to the sea. It looked like the opening of a ghoul’s mouth, welcoming you in with large teeth. It had long been forgotten to the average population for that reason. Many ghost stories were told, and many dares were made, but nothing of serious business ever went in. Every soul that had dared to venture onwards was never seen by the living again, or the dead for that matter. True, it was a cave, but it wasn’t solely a cave. The further inwards you went, the darker it became, for hours and hours, which seemed longer than years. On all sides shards and sharp rocks stuck out awkwardly from the wall, the ceiling, and the floor, if there wasn’t a big gaping hole camouflaging in with the walls. A bitter cold lingered at eye level, and misty voices at the same temperature swirled from nowhere into your ears. Most never make it past this part of the journey. Most.
No average human anyway, has made it further. Subsequent to these conditions and long hours, you’d find that the temperature had risen a considerable amount, to the condition of a tropical rainforest. And light had returned, though it wasn’t the soothing light that you’d find in the middle of the spring season. It was a dull light, the lamination of a final sunset, the day prelude to a bloody battle, or after a bloody battle. Ancient stone steps, like the Mayan kind, abruptly climbed at your feet, higher than mankind would think possible, and into what seemed to be an ancient temple-like structure. To be honest with you, the climb wasn’t very long at all, even though the steps seemed to go on forever. Time was never something to consider here. The temple was a short thing to go through too, and at the end you’d find yourself in a blazing desert, with endless miles of sand, whipping into your eyes and face. This part was even longer than the seemingly long cave. Most immortals never make it past that part. Most.
That wasn’t caused by the lack of water in the area (for there was none at all, and that had been done purposely), though. It was because they had gone mad with their own mirages, tearing themselves to shreds for no apparent reason, (to someone with a sane mind). And if you didn’t have the slightest clue what you were looking for, you’d be lost, for pretty much eternity. But if you did, you’d go right through, to the final stage. It was the final tunnel you go through, the final tunnel you’d ever go through. While you went through it, your whole life would flood back into your sight, like a home video and many neon beams of light slithered around at your feet. As you entered the final part, you’d feel all your senses pulse through you, and then disappear, into the unknown. Your last sight was a large room, made like a cave of ice, tall and cold. And a pair of eyes, deep, dark and frost-like bore into you like a pair of sharp daggers, stabbed into you again and again. The last sound was the snap of your own neck and the last feel was your body hitting the floor. None ever made it further. None.
The cloaked figure seated upon a throne, the ultimate throne of lies, death and evil, looked down upon the latest victim, his countenance unreadable. Then he looked to the two figures, almost unnoticeable that stood like shadows aligning the doorway. Clad in black, but faces paler than the moonlight, their heads hung down like vultures and their eyes were closed, with respect. “Well done, not that you don’t always.” His voice bellowed darkly. “We try to do our best, sire.” The first one replied, his voice sounding like a thousand echoes off a cavernous abyss. The second one lowered down and examined the victim, then hissed in pure disgust. “This one’s one of the Shade Dweller folk.” His voice was almost identical to the other one, but his voice was slightly higher pitched, like ice. “The Umbra Habito… they haven’t tried to send one for ages. Long ages.” The first one replied to his kin. The second one looked up and showed his sharp teeth and gleaming fangs. “This one wasn’t sent.” He spat. He looked down at the victim, like a wolf that had been hungry for weeks would look upon a small morsel of food. “This one came on its own terms. How peculiar.” He finished tartly. The one seated drummed his fingers on a glass orb, which was the top of a thin, but sturdy staff that looked like it had been made in the underworld. “It has me wary.”
The first one glanced back up at his master. “Why so, Your Highness? This is not the first time someone has made it this far. We’ve dealt with every one of them.” He said in a way, as to refresh one’s memory. “That’s exactly what has me worried.” He rose to his feet; his fingers still wrapped around the glass ball and he walked several steps lower. “The numbers are rising. More of their kind are venturing this far. Sent or not, they’re all proving one thing to me.” He paused and looked coldly upon his guards. Their blood-red gazes both fixed on him and his tall figure coming closer to them, their jet black hair didn’t gleam in the dull light that still remained in the dwelling, qualities no other kind had. “Which would be?” the second one prompted icily. “That they’re growing stronger. Less and less is beginning to stop them. At a point, eons ago, no one could make it past the first section, then it gradually made it to the third, and now days they make it to my realm itself.”
A glance was exchanged between the two guards. What passed through it could be easily read by their master, but he brought it to no importance. “I do not doubt your abilities. You have always been some of my greater acquirements. Ones I dare not give up. Especially not in times like this.”
“What do you propose to do, Your Highness?” the first one asked warily. “Certainly you have something on mind?” A shadow swiftly passed over their heads and landed in between them. The second one stepped on it and it writhed and reached under it. It screeched quietly and pitifully, then died altogether and vanished in a cloud of sparkling dust. “Yes.” The ruler said, going deep into thought. “I do.” His foot kicked the corpse’s fallen head and it jerked backwards. “Which I shall intend to tell you in a later time.” He smiled maliciously down at the carcass. His grin wasn’t the only thing broadening though. “It’s all yours, boys. I’ve seen you looking at it. I don’t need it.” The two guards flashed a gaze at each other, grinning darkly and ravenously. Their fingers were already digging into an upper arm, one for each. “We thank your gracious acts, sire.” The second one replied to the ruler, but his eyes were all for the prey. “Most certainly.” The first one agreed. “Just leave my presence while you do so. I hate to clean up after you two.” He let his back face them, and he closed his eyes proudly.
“Of course.” The second one bowed his head. “Though we probably wouldn’t leave much anyway.” The first one chuckled, a chuckle of dark intention. With a quick gesture, he sent them off. “Then go now. And be quick about it.” The two guards nodded curtly, and said no more. They dragged the corpse away with them, tugging it two different ways selfishly. The evil ruler stood there for a little time, for the sound of the first torn limb. After that he grinned darkly, and gradually made his way back to his throne as he heard more tearing, hissing, snarling and crunching. He folded his hands behind his back, and his step fell into a slow pulse. Just as he reached the large steps, a black marble-like structure, he heard the loudest hisses and snarls, and even now the final roars. The shadows swirled in his mind like mist now, building up an image almost too great for him to bear. He liked it that way. He could recognize the first one’s eerie screech now. And all came into place for him; the image loomed nearly hauntingly behind his eyes. In less than a second’s time, the great ruler’s eyes flashed open; glowing an icy turquoise like lanterns in the dark as the two guard’s screeches chorused through the chamber.
warriorcatlover
warriorcatlover
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by wolflover96 12/23/2009, 7:43 pm

awesome! §Soul-Bringer§ *Updated 12/23/09* (Comments and critism are very welcome) 65499
wolflover96
wolflover96
Short Story Writer
Short Story Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 12/24/2009, 9:45 am

Ooo! Sweet job! Very Happy

Lol, Umbra Habito means what? xD Those who live in shadows or something?

(Wow, little people are running around inside clones of me! Surprised)
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by warriorcatlover 12/24/2009, 3:43 pm

Umbra Habito is Shade Dwellers in Latin. Very Happy So yes, 'those who live in shadows' is correct too.

XD Lolz, shadow. Hope they're not bothering you!!! XD
warriorcatlover
warriorcatlover
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 12/25/2009, 4:10 pm

Holy crap. o.0 Dwellers was actually in my head . . . I was like, "Shadow Dwellers? Naw, that sounds too much like Komoda's Dwellers on RMBSHVW. xP It can't be right." Wow. Lol, anywho, woot! xD I was right. Ish. I like knowing Latin!

I hope not! Surprised
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down