The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ideas?

5 posters

Go down

Ideas? Empty Ideas?

Post by twilighter3000 6/8/2009, 12:29 pm

Hey, I have 2 different ideas for my story, could you guys help with which direction it should take? Here's my story so far: [Sorry it's not that great, like I said, I need the characters feelings still]Chapter 1
The Night Before

“Steph, what am I supposed to wear?”
It was the night before the first day of 9th grade, and Steph was over at my house, working out all the details for our first day of high school. Of course, the shirt I had been planning to wear had ended up getting bleached, so now my green quarter length sleeve and faded jeans ensemble was ruined. Stephanie was my BFF and fashion consultant, so I was so glad she was here to help me deal with my fashion crisis. At the moment she was holding up a hot pink tube top, saying something about wearing it with my new jean jacket with pink stitching.
“So, what do you think?” Steph asked, holding up the pink tube top.
“Uh, I don’t think I’m quite ready to walk down the halls wearing a tube top when the principal is guaranteed to be walking the hallways for his ‘annual inspection’.”
I knew better than to strut down high school hallways wearing a super cute outfit that was bound get me in trouble, as my sister, who was now in college, had sported a micro-mini and been sent home to change. Which wouldn’t have been so bad, except for the fact that the principal pointed it out at the classic “first day of high school” assembly, when the microphone was still on!
With a sigh Steph began pulling more clothes out of my closet, which had changed dramatically after I had my big growth spurt over the summer. Celebrating my new curves, Steph had dragged me out for a shopping spree, and insisted on buying everything. For that I was glad because even though I wasn’t really “poor”, I wasn’t rich like Steph was, so I couldn’t just go on random shopping sprees like she frequently did.
“Okay, what about this one?” Steph asked. She was holding up a dark purple short-sleeved tank top with a hot pink belt with an oversized buckle that was positioned to go right over my newfound curves.
“That’s cute, but what bottoms would I wear with it?”
“Well,” Steph said, thinking, “Maybe those super dark blue but not quite black jeans you have in here somewhere…” She trailed off, now digging through my closet for the jeans. “Here!” Steph said exultantly, holding up the jeans that would go perfect with my top.
“Wow, you’re the best Steph, they look awesome with my top!”
“I know.” Steph said, a little smugly, but I let her get away with it, she didn’t brag much most of the time.
“Elizabeth, it’s time for Stephanie to go now!”
I sighed, my mother was so strict on bedtimes, I was almost in the 9th grade, and I still had to be in bed at 9:30!
“Well, see ya tomorrow… For our first day of high school!” Steph squealed.
“Yep, I’ll see you bright and early in the front of the school, at 7:35 sharp!”

After Steph left to go home, [only after grabbing a homemade cookie on the way out] I laid in bed for hours trying to go to sleep. My stomach was tied up in knots, there were so many ways my first day of high school could go wrong! What if I forgot my pants? Or I drop all my stuff right in the middle of the hallway? Or if I get lost on the way to my class! Or… With that incomplete thought I drifted off into a restless sleep, waking every few hours expecting to figure out I’d slept through the whole day.

Chapter 2
The Bus

“Beep! Beep! Beepbeepbeepbeep!” I yanked my covers off and turned my alarm clock off as I jumped out of bed. There was no way I was going to fall back asleep and be late for my first day of high school.
I grabbed my fuzzy pink and purple polka dot bathrobe and went down to eat breakfast. My dad was downstairs making pancakes and I plopped down on the bar stool and practically swallowed them whole.
“Slow down Lizzie, you’re going to choke.”
“I can’t dad, I don’t want to be late!” I ran back up the stairs and into the bathroom that my sister and I used to share before she went off to college. I had my clothes already hung up on the shower rod and quickly stepped into my jeans and slid my top over my head and adjusted my belt. Now for my hair and makeup. Steph and I had decided last night that she would wear her hair down straight and shiny and I would have my hair down in a curly side pony tail. I quickly ran defrizzer through my hair and brushed it into a side ponytail. I took my already slightly curly hair and wrapped each strand around my curling iron until my ponytail was perfect. I added my chunky pink bead necklace, some quirky pink square shaped earrings I had found at a yard sale, a pink chunky bracelet, and a purple one. I grabbed my small makeup case and applied some pink eye shadow to my lids that Steph said set off my emerald green eyes. I liked to have subtle makeup only, so I lightly ran my finger over my eye shadow to make it less evident. With a quick swipe of mascara, a touch of eyeliner, and some shiny pink lip-gloss I was ready to go.
“Bye dad!” I called as I ran out the door, slipping on my pink wedge sandals and grabbing my new bag as I went. My new bag was packed to the max with my new binders, all labeled for each subject, my pencil case, and my favorite book ---Twilight. As I hurried down the driveway to catch the bus, I began panicking again.
“Oh no, what if all my teachers hate me?” I said to myself as I walked. “Or if-“
“Talking to yourself?” I heard a voice come from my right.
Oh no, I forgot about Jake. He was my annoying neighbor I’d lived next to for my whole life and used to be friends with, but then when we started middle school he started acting all weird around me and I’ve avoided him ever since.
“First sign of insanity is when you start talking to yourself.” He continued, trying his best to set me off. He was close, but I had to stay calm.
“Oh, so you mean as soon as you can talk, you were talking to yourself?” I said. Oh my gosh, what a lame comeback. Oh well, its only Jake, I’ll live.
Thankfully before Jake could say anything else the bus pulled up and my heart started going a million beats a minute.
I took a deep breath and followed Jake onto the bus, concentrating on making it up the stairs without tripping. I boarded the familiar bus and walked past all the little 5th and 6th graders, making my way to the back end of the bus, and sat in an empty seat. Phew, I had made it this far --- but this was the easy part, I’d ridden this bus since 5th grade and sat in the back since 7th. The bus route was the same as always, but with one exception, when we stopped at the high school, I was getting off and going in! For the past 4 years I had been getting off my bus and getting onto another bus to go to the middle school, but not this time, I was a high schooler now! I was brought back down to Earth when someone sat next to me at the last stop and looked over to see who it was. It was a new kid my age, I wondered if he’d be in any of my classes? I wanted to make a good impression so I said,
“Hi, I’m Lizzy. What’s your name?”
He looked up and smiled, then said,
“Lucas.”
“Hey Lucas, did you just move here?”
“Yeah, and you can call me Luke if you want.”
Sure, I normally call all Lucas’s Luke anyway, unless they prefer being called Lucas.”
Gosh, I can’t believe what an idiot I sounded like; he must think I’m mental.
“So, what grade are you in?” I asked, trying to redeem my image.
“9th, how about you?”
“I’m in 9th too, I wonder if we’ll have any classes together?”
“I hope so, that way I’ll sort of know at least one person.” Luke said.
I felt bad for him, I’d lived in the same place my whole life, so I’d never really had to make all new friends, aside from Preschool. And face it, everyone’s friends with each other in Preschool.

Chapter 3
School

The rest of the bus ride we were pretty quiet, probably because we were both nervous---I was ready to pass out! As the bus went down the familiar road to the high school, I got more and more nervous, trying my best not to puke all over. The bus came to the usual squealing stop and I stood up, took a deep breath, and said to myself, “it’s okay, you can do this. It’s no big deal.”
Luke stepped back and let me out, I said a small, “thanks” and nervously walked down the aisle to get off the bus---And into the high school! I was immediately surrounded by squealing girls in my grade, excited that we were finally in high school and out of the little kid’s school!
“Oh my gosh, can you believe we’re officially high schoolers now?” A girl named Shelby I vaguely remembered being in my gym class last year asked.
"Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh!" An extremely excitable girl named Madison screamed, jumping up and down.
As people surrounded me I saw Luke walking alone to the office.
“Hey guys, I’ll be back in a sec---Bathroom.”
Hurrying after Luke, I said loudly, or yelled quietly, depending on how you look at it, to him, saying, “hey Luke, wait up!”
“Where you going?” I asked breathlessly.
“I have to go to the office to get my schedule and locker combination.”
“Oh.” DUH!!! Man, he must really thing I’m retarded now.
“Do you need me to show you around the school or something? I mean, if you already have friends that want to show you around, that’s okay too. Whatever you’re comfortable with…” I trailed off.
“No, I’d love to have you show me around, that is, if you want to.” Luke said, blushing scarlet.
“Do you want me to walk you to the office?” I asked.
“No thanks,” he said, smiling, “I think I can find it for myself.” He gestured to the sign about 10 yards away that said, “office”.
“Okay, I guess I’ll see you around.” I said, backing off down the hallway.

My friend and I were talking, and we think she should have a secret, and I like the idea of her acting all preppy and innocent, but secretly liking to rock out. [And she would be able to play the electric guitar and sing] My friend said maybe she's really sporty, but it's not how she's "labeled" at her school and doesn't want everyone to be talking about her. Both could tie in with Luke, who she'll probably end up liking. Help please!
twilighter3000
twilighter3000
Well-Known Author
Well-Known Author

Female Posts : 4701

Back to top Go down

Ideas? Empty Re: Ideas?

Post by shadowsowner888 6/8/2009, 12:34 pm

Still love this story! XD

Anhyway, I personally like the rocking out idea best! Very Happy
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Ideas? 1312Ideas? 2412Ideas? 3349Ideas? 3548Ideas? 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Post by iGrievous 6/8/2009, 12:44 pm

I dunno, I guess the "rocking out" idea
iGrievous
iGrievous
Well-Known Author
Well-Known Author

Male Posts : 4596

Back to top Go down

Post by twilighter3000 6/8/2009, 12:54 pm

Yeah, I liked that the best, and not just because it was mine! lol! Thanks Shadow, hopefully it'll be even better when I add all of her thoughts on her secret, and secretly practicing and such... Well, I gtg clean my room, all my exam papers are everywhere! lol!
twilighter3000
twilighter3000
Well-Known Author
Well-Known Author

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 6/8/2009, 12:55 pm

Yeah, I gotta go too. XD See ya!
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by iGrievous 6/8/2009, 12:56 pm

I should get off and finish my school work.
iGrievous
iGrievous
Well-Known Author
Well-Known Author

Back to top Go down

Post by twilighter3000 6/8/2009, 1:16 pm

Well, now I really gtg! See ya!
twilighter3000
twilighter3000
Well-Known Author
Well-Known Author

Back to top Go down

Post by twilighter3000 6/8/2009, 2:45 pm

Hey, I added a paragraph in to show her musical side---It goes in between the paragraphs were Steph leaves to go home the night before the first day of high school, and goes until chapter 2 starts! Here it is:

I heard the door close downstairs and I watched Stephenie hop into her dad’s red Porsche waiting in the street for her. She may have been rich, but she refused to have a chauffeur pick her up, it had to be a family member. As soon as her car was out of sight, I crouched down beside my bed, grabbing one of my prized possessions from underneath. It was my electric guitar that I’d had since 6th grade, still beautiful to me no matter how worn and old it was. In it’s polished surface I could see my reflection, and laughed at how different my appearance and my hobbies were. Slinging my plain black guitar strap over my shoulder, I quickly tuned it. I knew I only had one hour to practice, another one of my mom’s ridiculous bedtime rules. Strumming up and down with my guitar pick, I checked to make sure all my strings were in tune, then took out a sheet of music. One of my favorite classic rock songs was on top, You Give Love a Bad Name, by Bon Jovi. Grabbing my microphone, microphone stand, and my speaker from the back of my closet, I began playing. Jumping right into the guitar riff at the beginning I began singing an octave higher than the melody, listening to both my voice and the guitar through my speaker, making sure all the notes were correct. Right at my favorite part of the song, my mom called from downstairs, “honey, could you please keep it down up there, your father and I are going over our vacation plans!” I stopped and called down, “sorry mom!” unfortunately right into the microphone. Whoops! I practiced right up until 8:30, then dragged my speaker, microphone, and stand back into my closet.
After taking a quick shower I laid in bed for hours trying to go to sleep. I had the worst headache, and it wasn’t because of my playing and singing. Thoughts were bouncing around in my head and echoing, plus my stomach was tied up in knots. There were so many ways my first day of high school could go wrong! What if I forgot my pants? Or I drop all my stuff right in the middle of the hallway? Or if I get lost on the way to my class! Or… With that incomplete thought I drifted off into a restless sleep, waking every few hours expecting to figure out I’d slept through the whole day.

Should Steph know about Lizzy's rocker side, or should she not? Right now I have it written in as she doesn't, but Steph knowing could add some twists...

Last edited by twilighter3000 on 6/8/2009, 2:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
twilighter3000
twilighter3000
Well-Known Author
Well-Known Author

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 6/8/2009, 2:48 pm

Awesomeness!! Very Happy

Maybe Lizzy doesn't think Steph knows, but she really does?
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by twilighter3000 6/8/2009, 2:50 pm

Ooh, that's a good idea! Because I was wondering how it would fit that they're best friends who are constantly at each others house, and Steph not noticing the speaker and microphones in her closet! [Plus, Steph's the fashionista, so she'd always be in Lizzy's closet] Thanks!
twilighter3000
twilighter3000
Well-Known Author
Well-Known Author

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 6/8/2009, 2:51 pm

No prob! Smile
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PugsRock 6/8/2009, 6:06 pm

Good story! I like your idea, Shadow. I'll watch this topic. Wink
PugsRock
PugsRock
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 7527

Back to top Go down

Post by twilighter3000 6/8/2009, 8:19 pm

Thanks! Yeah, Shadow has really great ideas!
twilighter3000
twilighter3000
Well-Known Author
Well-Known Author

Back to top Go down

Post by iGrievous 6/8/2009, 8:36 pm

No, maybe Lizzy thinks Steph does now, but really she doesn't. That would be interesting.
iGrievous
iGrievous
Well-Known Author
Well-Known Author

Back to top Go down

Post by twilighter3000 6/8/2009, 8:37 pm

Hmmm, I'll have to tool around with both, seeing which one works better---Thanks for the great ideas guys!
twilighter3000
twilighter3000
Well-Known Author
Well-Known Author

Back to top Go down

Post by iGrievous 6/8/2009, 8:45 pm

You are most certainly welcome.
iGrievous
iGrievous
Well-Known Author
Well-Known Author

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 6/8/2009, 9:14 pm

Haha, Gri is definitely related to me. XD It seems we've both got good ideas!
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by iGrievous 6/8/2009, 9:23 pm

That's true.
iGrievous
iGrievous
Well-Known Author
Well-Known Author

Back to top Go down

Post by twilighter3000 6/9/2009, 10:00 am

I have to go take a shower because I just got back from rollerblading around the block, [it's a mile!] then read Jesus4Eternity's fan fictions, but then I'll try out both of your guys' ideas!
twilighter3000
twilighter3000
Well-Known Author
Well-Known Author

Back to top Go down

Post by iGrievous 6/9/2009, 10:14 am

And have fun with it!
iGrievous
iGrievous
Well-Known Author
Well-Known Author

Back to top Go down

Post by twilighter3000 6/9/2009, 10:26 am

Thanks, lol!
twilighter3000
twilighter3000
Well-Known Author
Well-Known Author

Back to top Go down

Post by twilighter3000 6/10/2009, 11:36 am

I'm going to try to add in some of the ideas and stuff you guys gave me now--- Sorry I couldn't earlier, my brother's been hogging the computer!
twilighter3000
twilighter3000
Well-Known Author
Well-Known Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Akeria 7/3/2009, 12:01 pm

If this thread still needs to be used, let me know.
Akeria
Published Author
Published Author

Click the word counter to get to my TwigWriSum story!
Female Posts : 3571

http://raceagainstmachines.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down