The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm going to do this!! I hope...

2 posters

Go down

I'm going to do this!! I hope... Empty I'm going to do this!! I hope...

Post by IDmangapasta 10/28/2009, 7:04 pm

Ok. I think I can get 50,000 words in a month.
But it's my first year and I don't have much planning time!!
If anybody has any advice for me, that'd be WONDERFLUFFYFUL!!!!!

I didn't know what G
enre to p
ut my nove
l in though
. It's go
ing to have
fairies and gia
nt robots,
so I don't exa
ctly know whether to do Fantasy or Sci-Fi. Neutral

Anyway, good luck and lot
s of inspiratio
n to myself
and everyone el
se doing Na
No!! h
ehe.
IDmangapasta
IDmangapasta
Published Author
Published Author

Howdy-do, I'm an otaku!
Female Posts : 3400

http://lizclairel.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

I'm going to do this!! I hope... Empty Re: I'm going to do this!! I hope...

Post by shadowsowner888 10/28/2009, 8:22 pm

Good luck! Smile It's awesome that you decided to do the Nano, especially when it's so close to starting.

You don't need to plan at all, really. If you're good at writing stories on the spot, and you're positive you won't get stuck, you can just wing it! Smile But if you're more comfortable with having a plan and stuff, then you could try what I plan out. xD

Plot

Make sure you know where your story will start, and where it will end. And hopefully, figure out what goes on in-between too. You can do this however you'd like, just as long as you're not actually writing it. My own method involves several paragraphs about five lines or so each, going on for a few pages, and explaining what goes on in-between the first and last pages. I rarely know anything about my subplots when I do this, but I make sure I'm writing it just vaguely enough to leave plenty of room for them, and to where I can make each part as long as I want it. Smile Find a plan that works for you.

Setting

Does the story take place here, or somewhere else? Where exactly is it, anyway? I like to know at least this, but I've been planning out the morals of the society, the technology, stuff like that. Like, basically, whatever makes it different from our world, if it is.

Characters

Names, personalities, and descriptions are the most important thing if you plan characters. I also like to figure out their birthday, hobbies, goals, most important "things," and favorite music. nod

And that's about it. xD Again, good luck! I hope you'll have a ton of fun doing the nano.
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

I'm going to do this!! I hope... 1312I'm going to do this!! I hope... 2412I'm going to do this!! I hope... 3349I'm going to do this!! I hope... 3548I'm going to do this!! I hope... 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Post by IDmangapasta 10/29/2009, 6:53 pm

Thanks cheesy I have a bunch of characters in my head now, and a general idea of the main plots in the story. I even drew a picture of one character, Olivia. She's really pretty Smile
IDmangapasta
IDmangapasta
Published Author
Published Author

Howdy-do, I'm an otaku!
Female Posts : 3400

http://lizclairel.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 10/30/2009, 5:32 pm

Swelcome! Smile And that's great!
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

I'm going to do this!! I hope... 1312I'm going to do this!! I hope... 2412I'm going to do this!! I hope... 3349I'm going to do this!! I hope... 3548I'm going to do this!! I hope... 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down