The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Happy Halloween! Btw, we've got some updates.

+2
Arianna
shadowsowner888
6 posters

Go down

Happy Halloween! Btw, we've got some updates. Empty Happy Halloween! Btw, we've got some updates.

Post by shadowsowner888 10/30/2009, 4:15 pm

Okay, well, almost Halloween. rolleyes I hope you guys all have your costumes ready for trick-or-treating or partying, unlike me . . .

Anywho, I've just changed a few things. Smile First of all, rather than being in the category called The Site, everything for TwigAdopts is in its own category now, right below The Site, called TwigAdopts.

Secondly, well, who knows about first printing rights? I already told ya guys in another topic, but just to recap - if you post works you want to publish, then that's technically its first "printing." Which isn't a good thing, since publishing companies prefer to publish stuff for the first time themselves. So we've been advising you not to post more than a little bit of anything you want to publish, so you can keep the first printing rights for your future publishing companies.

Well, thanks to a suggestion from Ari, inspired by another site (youngwritersonline, I think), we've now got a way for you to post your stories and keep the first printing rights. grin If you go check out the Compositions category, you'll notice a section called To-Be Published Pieces. This is a special section that you have to be a member even to see, so if you want to share any of your to-be-published stories and such, just stick it in there and have no worries. nod

EDIT: I'm kinda going through the new things Forumotion lets our forums do now. xD So there's a few more random updates that you guys won't notice, and then, there's also the logout time. I remember there's been complaints about people getting logged out because they took too long to write something. Well, they have a time for that, so I set it to the maximum time of sixty minutes; now, you have that long before you'll get logged off automatically for inactivity. nod

We also have the ability to add descriptions to topics. Thank you, Ari, for suggesting this as well! ^^ This is like a subtitle below the main title, basically, and it's the perfect place to point out updates and such.

Images larger than 800x800 will automatically be resized. nod

And lastly, there's two new features that we don't have a choice about: If you disable contact by email on your prof, the Admin (that's me!) will still be able to contact you through your email. And you now have the option to disable your PM box, if you don't want PMs, but mods and admin will still be able to message you. nod

Enjoy! (I hope. xD)

Last edited by shadowsowner888 on 10/31/2009, 9:01 am; edited 4 times in total
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Happy Halloween! Btw, we've got some updates. 1312Happy Halloween! Btw, we've got some updates. 2412Happy Halloween! Btw, we've got some updates. 3349Happy Halloween! Btw, we've got some updates. 3548Happy Halloween! Btw, we've got some updates. 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Happy Halloween! Btw, we've got some updates. Empty Re: Happy Halloween! Btw, we've got some updates.

Post by Arianna 10/30/2009, 4:17 pm

Ooh, awesome. Very Happy
Woot! about the TA category, and the first printing rights! Yes, it was YWO and I thought that the idea would be good here. Smile
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Happy Halloween! Btw, we've got some updates. 461

http://www.pixelpuppy.net

Back to top Go down

Happy Halloween! Btw, we've got some updates. Empty Re: Happy Halloween! Btw, we've got some updates.

Post by Kiriana Shadeweaver 10/30/2009, 4:26 pm

It's a shame I'm not dressing up. Though if I did, I'd be Kiri. (The cat thing, not me.)
Seriously, I coulda got a cat costume and made foil rings. Wouldn't that be sweet?

If I asked to get Black Moon Rising moved to the new section, it still counts as already being printed here and wouldn't have any point, don't it? (Even though BMR's not even done yet and currently have no plans to publish it. Just write a sequel. XP)
Or am I over-thinking things.
Kiriana Shadeweaver
Kiriana Shadeweaver
Short Story Writer
Short Story Writer

Female Posts : 472

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 10/30/2009, 4:32 pm

I'm not really sure, Kiri. xD But it couldn't hurt to move it anyway, if you did want to retain its first printing rights. And as long as you haven't posted much of the whole story, you still have your first printing rights. Smile

Okay, I'm about to edit and add a new update, just fyi. xD
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Happy Halloween! Btw, we've got some updates. 1312Happy Halloween! Btw, we've got some updates. 2412Happy Halloween! Btw, we've got some updates. 3349Happy Halloween! Btw, we've got some updates. 3548Happy Halloween! Btw, we've got some updates. 3327

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiriana Shadeweaver 10/30/2009, 5:06 pm

Okay!
I'm at around 4,000 words, and I'm planning on... well, at least a novella, so I'm probably less than a quarter done. I hope that's not too much. I mean, nothing's really happened.
I'll ask about it before the next segment gets added.

I like the new-new updates. Now I don't have to have super-cluttered titles to get everything I want there. The rest I probably won't toy with.

EDIT: And now I'm saying to myself, "I should totally publish BMR. I mean, if I'm gonna do a totally awesome sequel about Moth where she SAVES the WORLD (crap, now I'm telling everyone what the next one's about) I should publish it. I mean, what's the point in writing it if no one outsida TWIG is gonna ever see it?" And then from there I started getting off the subject of publishing, and more about illustrations I'm gonna draw after I get the story all pretty and edited.
So now I'm positive I have plans to publish it.

Anyways, enough about me and my weird book. I likes the updates!
Kiriana Shadeweaver
Kiriana Shadeweaver
Short Story Writer
Short Story Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 10/30/2009, 6:43 pm

I think you're safe, since there's not really a criteria for that as far as I know. Smile And mkay!

Ikr? xD Lol, and yah, everything else I'm not gonna really use much either. Although, I'm probably gonna need to change the size limit.

Awesome! Very Happy Should I just move it straight to the publishing section, then?

grin
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PugsRock 10/30/2009, 6:55 pm

And you changed Portal to Homepage! xD Did you say that in the post? I don't remember.
PugsRock
PugsRock
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 7527

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiriana Shadeweaver 10/30/2009, 6:59 pm

Well, if nothing really interesting has happened yet (except for the end of the latest update, since things are gonna get moving now!) and it's still not far, I think I'm safe.

Yup.

If it wouldn't be too much trouble, yes please.
Maybe knowing I'll publish this eventually, I'll actually try to work on it some more. Usually it's just a "my thread looks lonely, let's update it" sort of thing. Now I actually have a goal that's not making my thread less lonely.

I didn't even notice it's not called the portal anymore. o.o Well, I only look at the buttons labeled "Profile" and "You have ## new messages," so I guess it's not a surprise.

You know, maybe if I spent more time actually novel-writing and less time typing up responses that take up half a page, I'd get more story done.
Kiriana Shadeweaver
Kiriana Shadeweaver
Short Story Writer
Short Story Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 10/30/2009, 7:05 pm

I don't think I did. xD But yah, I did.

No trouble at all. ^^ I'll go get that taken care of!

Psh, I'm sure it's like that for all of us sometimes. xD
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by IDmangapasta 10/30/2009, 8:01 pm

Halloween! ^o^ I'm being Kankuro from the anime, Naruto, for my church's Fall Festival. woot!!
IDmangapasta
IDmangapasta
Published Author
Published Author

Howdy-do, I'm an otaku!
Female Posts : 3400

http://lizclairel.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesus4Eternity 10/30/2009, 9:13 pm

Woot, updateness! xD
Jesus4Eternity
Jesus4Eternity
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Happy Halloween! Btw, we've got some updates. Siggy
Happy Halloween! Btw, we've got some updates. SiggyHappy Halloween! Btw, we've got some updates. Siggy
Happy Halloween! Btw, we've got some updates. SiggyHappy Halloween! Btw, we've got some updates. Siggy
Female Posts : 16258

Back to top Go down

Post by Arianna 10/31/2009, 3:11 am

Even more features! x3
I can't wait to try some of them out. Smile
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Happy Halloween! Btw, we've got some updates. 461

http://www.pixelpuppy.net

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 10/31/2009, 9:01 am

Nice. Very Happy Naruto is funny!

Okay, well, I'm done adding more updates, so I should probably take the subtitle out. xD
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down