The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mods.

+5
Komoda
Jesus4Eternity
Arianna
Jade
Jinx
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Mods. Empty Mods.

Post by Jinx 11/10/2009, 1:17 pm

I wanna put some input on our mods.
They seem to make all the decisions for us-It's their approval that gets new things put in the site. If we're going to run things that way, like congress, I'd like to be able too put my two cents in. In other words, electing mods, or at least having some input in what choices are made.

I'm not saying that our mods make bad decisions, I just want more power too the people here that are like me- No rank or anything really to influence 'round the site.
Jinx
Jinx
Published Author
Published Author

{{Avvie thanks to Ave]

I wish I had covered all my tracks completely
'Cause I'm so afraid
Is that the light at the far end of the tunnel
Or just the train?~Tidal wave, Owl city.
Female Posts : 3205

http://www.playlist.com/playlist/17481697803

Back to top Go down

Mods. Empty Re: Mods.

Post by Jade 11/10/2009, 2:19 pm

I get what your saying, that you want to have more imput, but if there was a rather big change to the forum and Shadow didn't ask all the mods they might feel kind of offended nod

I also think, however, that you guys have more power than you think! If you guys didn't like an idea I don't think it would matter what the mods thought XD

And if we gave some power to you, and other 'not mod' people then we'd have to give it to everyone, so things could get kind of complicated. If we asked what every member thought of each new idea it would take a year+ to make any changes.

Basicly by Shadow/ the Mods posting things in the lightblub section we're giving you and every other member of TWG a chance to comment, we could just make changes without asking anybody, so I think we're doing OK Wink

As for electing Mods, I don't know. I think that would turn into a popularity contest sad Not to mention right now we don't need any more Mods because you guys are so good grin

Wait for other people to comment though, they may have other thoughts.
Jade
Jade
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Female Posts : 2182

Back to top Go down

Post by Arianna 11/10/2009, 2:26 pm

I'd reply, but I can't. I don't know what to say.
Electing mods - well, I don't know where you're going with this. I think people would just elect the most popular/their friends. They wouldn't nominate the people who were really helping. xP
And as for the lightbulb section: I think everyone can have their say, but for example, we want a new feature, anyone can just ignore it, but a mod needs to help with it, view posts in it, as it's their job. Do you get where I'm going?
I'm sorry if I put you down. Sad
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Mods. 461

http://www.pixelpuppy.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Jade 11/10/2009, 4:05 pm

Wait... I don't quite understand your example Arianna...
Jade
Jade
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jinx 11/10/2009, 4:23 pm

Meh. I get it.
Jinx
Jinx
Published Author
Published Author

{{Avvie thanks to Ave]

'Cause I'm so afraid

Back to top Go down

Post by Arianna 11/10/2009, 4:42 pm

Well, say that there is a new section. The mods will have the responsibility to make sure that the section (whatever it may be) is going smoothly, that the posts are moderated, and stuff like that. However, if a normal user doesn't like it, they may just choose to ignore it.
I'm sorry if I hurt anyone's feelings. I'm having a really bad day.
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Mods. 461

http://www.pixelpuppy.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesus4Eternity 11/10/2009, 6:49 pm

I can vaugley see what your saying.

But, it's you guys who give the ideas. In the Lightbulbs, we have to have the mods approve, just the way we have to have Shad approve. We discuss important things, such as censored words, grammar problems...a bunch of stuff. Shad chose us because we did something. If we starting electing, it kinda declines the mod power. xD

What I'm saying is: the mods have to know what's going on. We hafta approve stuff, so it can happen.

Smile
Jesus4Eternity
Jesus4Eternity
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Mods. Siggy
Mods. SiggyMods. Siggy
Mods. SiggyMods. Siggy
Female Posts : 16258

Back to top Go down

Post by Jade 11/10/2009, 6:52 pm

Arianna wrote:Well, say that there is a new section. The mods will have the responsibility to make sure that the section (whatever it may be) is going smoothly, that the posts are moderated, and stuff like that. However, if a normal user doesn't like it, they may just choose to ignore it.
I'm sorry if I hurt anyone's feelings. I'm having a really bad day.
No hard feelings Ari, Kay? Very Happy

I get what you mean.
Jade
Jade
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jade 11/10/2009, 6:53 pm

Jesus4Eternity wrote:I can vaugley see what your saying.

But, it's you guys who give the ideas. In the Lightbulbs, we have to have the mods approve, just the way we have to have Shad approve. We discuss important things, such as censored words, grammar problems...a bunch of stuff. Shad chose us because we did something. If we starting electing, it kinda declines the mod power. xD

What I'm saying is: the mods have to know what's going on. We hafta approve stuff, so it can happen.

Smile
I'm not sure our opinions mean much, Amanda, after all we are the Mods XD Still, I agree with you.
Jade
Jade
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesus4Eternity 11/10/2009, 7:46 pm

xD, Yeah. Mods commenting about themselves. xD
Jesus4Eternity
Jesus4Eternity
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Mods. Siggy
Mods. SiggyMods. Siggy
Mods. SiggyMods. Siggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Komoda 11/10/2009, 8:00 pm

I pretty much agree with everyone who has posted so far.

I mean, mods kind of our supposed to run the site, because without leaders... We wouldn't really get anywhere, right? I'd like to believe that we could easily make a decision as a group, but it's just not going to work that way. Besides, like people have pointed out, we do get a say in most things being done on the site, it's just that the mods have to approve it. nod

Though, I do quite like your idea of electing a mod. nod I mean, maybe once we get too many members for the mods now to handle (not saying that they couldn't handle it, but we don't want to make their jobs stressful, right?) it might be a good idea to have a group election. And I know that it's a possibility that the most popular may be voted in, but if Shadow and the mods choose the candidates, then it shouldn't be a problem because the most popular would have to be qualified to be voted in. Perhaps, now that I think about it, the election could be used only if Shadow and the mods are having trouble choosing between certain people. Smile So, let's say they were stuck between making Wilma or Fred (first names that popped into my head) a mod, they could have an election. But the votes would have to be kept private, perhaps through PM so that no one's feelings would get hurt. But I think that we'd have to be split off into different groups as users so that it's not only Shadow who's getting the PM overload... Like for example, users number 1-20 on the member list could PM Amanda their votes, users number 20-40 could PM Jade their votes, and etc...

Catch my drift? Lol.
Komoda
Komoda
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Jinx 11/10/2009, 8:02 pm

Yep!
(Sortof)
XD
Jinx
Jinx
Published Author
Published Author

{{Avvie thanks to Ave]

'Cause I'm so afraid

Back to top Go down

Post by Komoda 11/10/2009, 8:04 pm

Haha, yeah. I kinda rambled there. XP
Komoda
Komoda
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Jinx 11/10/2009, 8:05 pm

Yes,Yes you did.
Jinx
Jinx
Published Author
Published Author

{{Avvie thanks to Ave]

'Cause I'm so afraid

Back to top Go down

Post by PugsRock 11/10/2009, 8:22 pm

Mods: Correct me if I'm wrong.

I think we give you a lot of power. We let you pitch ideas to make the site better, and we take into consideration what you guys want before something big actually happens. Just because you're not a mod doesn't mean that you shouldn't be able to have some power on the site, and you can. You're feedback and ideas help the mods, and you can do so many other things as well.

Yes, some things we do without asking you, like censoring words, and having archives, but if you don't like something we do, please tell us and we'll discuss it. We don't want you to feel bad because you don't think you have power. You have a lot more power than you think.

About electing mods: The moderators have been dicussing new mods for awhile now, and there are so many of us now. The site is still small and we don't need that many mods, because you guys are so great and you follow the rules. The only things we really have to do is close or move threads. We talk a lot before choosing a new mod... not that I would know, because I am the newest one, but I've seen old posts and there are some big discussions. We were chosen for a reason. I'm not saying that you guys aren't helpful, because you are really great, but, I don't know.

I'm glad that you posted this, because it gives me a new view on how we do things around here. I'm sorry that you feel this way, and I'm sorry if you think this post is mean.
PugsRock
PugsRock
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 7527

Back to top Go down

Post by Jinx 11/10/2009, 8:26 pm

I don't.
I'm just pitching an idea, only partially out of frustation.I just want to put my two cents in.
Jinx
Jinx
Published Author
Published Author

{{Avvie thanks to Ave]

'Cause I'm so afraid

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesus4Eternity 11/10/2009, 8:34 pm

Coming from yet another mod, this may not mean much, but...

You do. When you made this, you do. When you have an idea, you do. when you tell Shadow that you don't like a certain feature, you do. I don't exactly understand what you mean by that, because members put a bunch in. Could you explain? Smile
Jesus4Eternity
Jesus4Eternity
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Mods. Siggy
Mods. SiggyMods. Siggy
Mods. SiggyMods. Siggy

Back to top Go down

Post by PugsRock 11/10/2009, 8:37 pm

Dragon Cat wrote:I don't.
I'm just pitching an idea, only partially out of frustation.I just want to put my two cents in.

You don't what?
PugsRock
PugsRock
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 7527

Back to top Go down

Post by Jinx 11/10/2009, 8:37 pm

Think it's mean.
Jinx
Jinx
Published Author
Published Author

{{Avvie thanks to Ave]

'Cause I'm so afraid

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 11/10/2009, 10:58 pm

You guys said basically everything for me . . . xDD

Well, I'mma say it again anyway.

If you feel like we're taking over too much, sorry about that . . . lol, I didn't mean to do that. Smile I do try to let all the users get a say in the more casual things. For example, I have a thread in lightbulbs . . . now, I coulda just implemented that automatically. But I don't really wanna do anything without at least the mods opinions . . . and of course everyone else's opinions matter, too. If none of the normal members liked the ideas, we probably wouldn't do them.

But the mods opinions do matter to me more than most opinions, just because they're, well, the mods. They do have to have at least some authority for that; so even if all the members love it, I won't do it unless all the mods (myself included) can come to some sort of agreement on it, since they're in charge, too.

As for elections . . . well, Mo's idea about it is great. Like, that could work, if us mods chose the candidates and had a private election. But even so, I'd worry about hurt feelings, because obviously if somebody loses they're going to know it's because the majority of the site didn't want them as a moderator. I think it's better to let things stay as private as we do, therefore, where myself or one of the mods suggests a user and we all discuss it until we come to a decision about them. Because that way, if a user gets chosen, there's not as many hurt feelings. (I hope.)

I'm glad you posted this, anyway, Mea. Smile I like hearing what ya guys have to say.
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Mods. 1312Mods. 2412Mods. 3349Mods. 3548Mods. 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Komoda 11/10/2009, 11:04 pm

shadowsowner888 wrote:You guys said basically everything for me . . . xDD

Well, I'mma say it again anyway.

If you feel like we're taking over too much, sorry about that . . . lol, I didn't mean to do that. Smile I do try to let all the users get a say in the more casual things. For example, I have a thread in lightbulbs . . . now, I coulda just implemented that automatically. But I don't really wanna do anything without at least the mods opinions . . . and of course everyone else's opinions matter, too. If none of the normal members liked the ideas, we probably wouldn't do them.

But the mods opinions do matter to me more than most opinions, just because they're, well, the mods. They do have to have at least some authority for that; so even if all the members love it, I won't do it unless all the mods (myself included) can come to some sort of agreement on it, since they're in charge, too.

As for elections . . . well, Mo's idea about it is great. Like, that could work, if us mods chose the candidates and had a private election. But even so, I'd worry about hurt feelings, because obviously if somebody loses they're going to know it's because the majority of the site didn't want them as a moderator. I think it's better to let things stay as private as we do, therefore, where myself or one of the mods suggests a user and we all discuss it until we come to a decision about them. Because that way, if a user gets chosen, there's not as many hurt feelings. (I hope.)

I'm glad you posted this, anyway, Mea. Smile I like hearing what ya guys have to say.
Zomg.

It's the big Shadow opinion we've all been waiting for. XPP

But yeah, I agree. nod What I meant by not as many hurt feelings is that the losing candidate won't know by how much they lost. So for example, they could have been either losing by 1 vote or a 100 for as much as they'd know. Whereas with a poll... Well, feelings would be hurt even worse. I mean, it's not a big deal with the Featureds and stuff because it's not so personal, so polls are fine for that. nod
Komoda
Komoda
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 11/10/2009, 11:12 pm

Augh! xD OMG, from the moment you said that first line, I got that idea you had of me as the ruler stuck in my head again. Remember this dude? king

xD

Yeah, that's true . . . still, though, I just think it's too big a risk. xD With featureds, it's amazing to even be nominated at all, and it's not as much of a big deal. So I don't see a problem with that, but with the mod elections . . .
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Komoda 11/10/2009, 11:21 pm

Yes!! The ruler! Very Happy Of course I remember.

Yeah, I totally get what you mean. nod It's probably best done in secret, anyway...

It's like, you mods are FBI agents. And your little secret section in the forums where you have your little top secret discussions (yes, I know about it... Twisted Evil) is like The Pentagon or something. I don't even know what The Pentagon really is, but it sounds cool... XP
Komoda
Komoda
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 11/10/2009, 11:23 pm

OMG. Surprised Mo's a spy!! She's an enemy spy!!

Lol, I don't either. xD But I like that description.
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Komoda 11/10/2009, 11:31 pm

Muahahaha. Twisted Evil

Haha, yeah. I think it's like some sort of military thinger...

But I guess we're off topic. XP
Komoda
Komoda
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next