The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To all those of you who have threads about how you hate your lives...

5 posters

Go down

To all those of you who have threads about how you hate your lives... Empty To all those of you who have threads about how you hate your lives...

Post by Komoda 11/29/2009, 3:46 pm

You're going through a tough time, I'm sure we've all been there at one point.

I've gone through something like that before. I don't really know why, but I just hated myself, hated everyone and just wanted life to be over with. I'd cry myself to sleep all the time and constantly think of suicide.

But I'm over that now. I think it's because I have a form of deppression, but anyway...

My point is, that things will get better.

I know it's tough to believe, but it's true. I know a lot of the times, people get sad because they're lonely. Whether it's because our parents are jerks, our siblings are jerks, are friends are jerks, your crush is a jerk...

But let's face it, we're all preteens and teens here. Getting ticked off at our family is pretty much our job. How many times do you see people who get along with their family 24/7? Not often, except for maybe on kids' shows. We're also to the point where we aren't children anymore, and we all come to a realization that it's a pretty crappy world we live in. School all day, slave on homework all night, chores on the weekend...

But come on, there's good things too. First of all, there's Twig! We all have some pretty awesome friends here, and I can say that everyone here has an incredible talent. Whether it's songwriting, poetry, story writing, RPing, debating, drawing, painting, photography, photo editing, calligraphy, coding, good leadership, or just being a good listener, I know that everyone here is special. And I don't mean that in a mean way... XP

There's also our RL friends. I know we go through tough times with them, but they're our friends for a reason, right? All friends get in fights sometimes, but it blows over eventually. Just like all couples get into fights, but it wouldn't be good to agree on everything... That would be just unnatural.

And there's all the little things that make us happy, too. Whether it's just something simple like listening to your favourite song, or maybe watching the sunset, there's always things to appreciate in life, even when humans aren't being too cooperative.

But I know it's hard to enjoy those kinds of things when you're sad. When I'm down, I know I just want to be left alone to pretty much drown in my sadness. I'll turn on some sad music and just... Well, be sad. XP But really, in this self-help book I'm reading, it says that when you're sad or angry, the emotion is really just a warning to tell you to push away all those thoughts that are making you feel that way. So as tempting as it may be to just collapse and give up, maybe try turning on some happy music instead. Maybe try eating some chocolate- it actually makes you feel better. Just try to push away all those sad thoughts and remember that there is so much more to life to look forward to.

Just think about this. Most adults I know have friends from the workplace and barely talk to the people from their schools. So if you don't have a lot of friends now, don't dwell about it. When you get a job, there'll be plenty of friends to make. You could also end up meeting your significant other at work. We still have a lot more living to do, my friends!

I mean, for example, my sister graduated from high school a year or so ago. And since then, she's made so many friends at work! And since she started attending meetings for this new religion, she's made tons of friends there, too. She really only hangs out with one of her school friends now. So really, if all that can change in like two years, then I'm sure the same thing could happen with us.

But... I know that a lot of the time, people get sad not only because of friends, family, and etc... But because of crushes. Part of it could be because they see them as the only person they'll ever like.

But seriously, I can't even keep count of how many friends told me they're in love.
And well... Good for them if they honestly think that... But love is a very strong emotion. Most kids our age who think they're in love are really just infatuated. It's similar to love in ways, but it wears off a lot easier. You may feel strongly for someone, but love... I honestly have no idea what the heck it is, but all I know is that it's not a word to be used lightly. Just because you've dated or crushed on someone for a few months doesn't mean you're automatically in love with them. Love isn't something that just pops up after an assigned period of time... It's something that well, just is there.

Okay, so my point is that, I know you've all heard this expression before, but there are plenty fish in the sea. You may care really strongly for whoever this crush is who's making you sad, but there's going to be so many others that you'll care about a lot more. I know it's tough to imagine, but it's true. In elementary, I settled for the grossest guys, just because they were pretty much all I had. XP But in high school, I've met a lot better guys that I didn't know even existed until a few months ago. But even so, I know that if nothing works out with these guys, I'll always find new ones when I graduate. I mean, I've only met like 1% of the male population, so I still have lots of more people to meet before I find "the one".

Also, another little inspiring quote...
"The one who's truly worth your tears won't make you cry"

Very Happy

So, I'm sure you're going through a tough time now, but things'll get better. When you get older, I'm sure all the anger towards your parents will probably start to fade. I mean, I'm going to use my sister as an example again... She used to tell my parents she hated them when she was my age, but now she's always going out for lunch with them and I think she really enjoys being with them. My sis and I used to fight all the time too, but now that she's an adult, we're always going to movies and stuff together. She got out of that teen phase, so I'm sure we all can too.

Your friends might be jerks right now, too, but they'll grow out of it. If they never do, then you'll always meet new friends.

And as for crushes... Well, like I said, you'll always find another one. There's so much of this world that we have yet to explore.
Komoda
Komoda
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

To all those of you who have threads about how you hate your lives... Empty Re: To all those of you who have threads about how you hate your lives...

Post by Avé 11/29/2009, 5:20 pm

I agree.

Thanks for this thread, Mo, really. Smile

I made a thread about how I was feeling depressed at the time, but I certainly don't hate my life. I told myself that things would get better, and at this point, they are better. Sure, there's always things that bring us down, but like the quote says, "However long the night, dawn will break."

When I was sixteen I went through a time in my life that was really rough. This wasn't just, you know, losing friends and broken hearts rough... I mean, it was something that I might not be able to post on TWIG. I fell into depression. I never really had any thoughts about suicide, but I did cut myself once or twice- and I felt even worse afterwards. Then, I found healthier ways to deal with it, like excersizing and writing.

What you posted is so true Mo. Kudos to you. Very Happy
Avé
Avé
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 5955

Back to top Go down

To all those of you who have threads about how you hate your lives... Empty Re: To all those of you who have threads about how you hate your lives...

Post by PugsRock 11/29/2009, 8:54 pm

Thanks for posting this, Mo. Smile I was actually going to post something like this, but you said it better than I ever could.
PugsRock
PugsRock
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 7527

Back to top Go down

Post by Komoda 11/29/2009, 11:01 pm

Aw, I'm so sorry that you went through that, Avvy. Sad I'm glad you're better now, though.

No problem. Smile
Komoda
Komoda
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Arianna 11/30/2009, 11:13 am

Thanks for posting this, Mo. Though I do agree that life will go on, I think that it's nice to be able to comfort the members who are having troubles. In my opinion, it makes them feel better, quicker. Smile
Repped. Smile
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

To all those of you who have threads about how you hate your lives... 461

http://www.pixelpuppy.net

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 11/30/2009, 10:31 pm

Mo, this post is amazing. Smile Next time I'm feeling upset, I shall have to come and read it again. Then I'll say, "Dang! I wish I hadn't just eaten my last chocolate bar!"

Cus by that time, they'll probably be gone. xP All seven of them.
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

To all those of you who have threads about how you hate your lives... 1312To all those of you who have threads about how you hate your lives... 2412To all those of you who have threads about how you hate your lives... 3349To all those of you who have threads about how you hate your lives... 3548To all those of you who have threads about how you hate your lives... 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Komoda 12/1/2009, 11:52 am

Thanks, Ari!! ^^

Thank you, Shadow. Very Happy

That's why when we're out of chocolate, I just attack the chocolate chips. nod
Komoda
Komoda
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 12/2/2009, 1:10 am

Man . . . I would do that, but ours are usually dark chocolate. xP And I can't stand the stuff.
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

To all those of you who have threads about how you hate your lives... 1312To all those of you who have threads about how you hate your lives... 2412To all those of you who have threads about how you hate your lives... 3349To all those of you who have threads about how you hate your lives... 3548To all those of you who have threads about how you hate your lives... 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Komoda 12/3/2009, 7:14 pm

Lol, I used to hate dark chocolate too. Until we got these almonds with really good dark chocolate on them... XP But that's off topic.
Komoda
Komoda
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down