The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Lives Of Elodie 'N Me (not finished and origonal and first book by bookworm12)

+3
Arianna
The Mad Hatter
Amber
7 posters

Go down

The Lives Of Elodie 'N Me (not finished and origonal and first book by bookworm12) Empty The Lives Of Elodie 'N Me (not finished and origonal and first book by bookworm12)

Post by Amber 9/11/2009, 9:42 pm

Ok so this is my first ever book, i hope you like it, but i understand if you don\'t cause i\'m not that good, if you have any suggestions, or cristisizem it would be appreseated. So please enjoy

PROLOGUE

Elodie Thrush and he Best friend Gwennith Skelet own and run a popular dollar store called Elodie\'s dollar. Elodie has a clear face, and gray eyes that could outshine 100 suns, she has beautiful silver hair that goes to her waist. She is of Medium hight. Elodie is a polite, cheerful, smart , and outgoing person.
Her friend Gwennith Helps her run Elodies dollar. They are the only Two workers because they want to keep the storeto themself and to customers.
Gwennith has short raven black hair and always has a head band on, small glittering green eyes, and is tall. She is smart funny and a very talented singer

Chapter 1
a new friend and a brillent itea

"That will be $3.95 sir\" , Gwennith Skelet said in a emotionless

to a customer buying 2 bags of dog food. Whale she was saying that Elodie Thrush Bagged the dog food , handed the bag to the man, and said

thank you come again\"

When he left the bell attached to the door handel rang aleting them that a customer was leveing or comeing in.

"I love working here in a wonderful store next to my best friend\" Gwennith stated merrily.

"Me to just think as soon as out bussness talkes off we can afford our own hous get a pet a husbend and live happliley ever after\", El said serously

"If only we had more customers\" gwennith answered sighing.

"Yeah sure, we should put a candy counter in that corner , she said pointing, a coffie machine over there, once again pointing, and you should sing out side with a bucket next to you for tips we\'d make a bunch, me working the counter and you singing outside\" Elodie said sarcasticly

"Oh my" said Gwen " thats a wonderful itea we\'ll start it imeditly\" Gwennith said finally as if she made up her mind and it would be put into action immeditly

Elode was about to say something but just them the door bell rang alerting them that a customer came in. So they cut there conversation short not wanting there conversation to be over heard.
A girl Whom looked to be the same age as Elodie and Gwennith (eighteen) walked in, she had dancing blue and green eyes, a crooked smile and red curly hair. She was wearng a pink mini skirt and a white thank top, She was beautiful.
She walked over to the card section, picked up a beautiful green and blue card that would have made any other card look like garbage.
She came up to the counter and talkitively said
\"
Hi-my-name-is-Jade.-Jade-Lovmy.-My-friend-told-me-you-guys-have-awesome-cards-and-she-was right-this-is-amazing-how-do-you-make-them-there-wonderful-would--you-please-show-me-how-to-make-them?.

\"sure come over to my house tommoro night and w\'ll show you, it\'s really fun to make them.\"

\"Oh by the way My name is Elodie. Elodie Thrush. and this is ,she said pointing to me,
Gwennith. Gwennith Skelete. But just call me me El and her, she said pointing to me again, Gwen\"

\"Oh sorry i\'ve got to go My dad just texted me that it\'s dinner time, So see you tommorow at 1?\"

\"yeah I said on 1496 linchion av.\" I said

\"OK, bye see \'yall tommorow at 1\" Jade said

\"bye\" I said
\"bye\" Elodie said

Chapter 2
blissful happyness

The day flew by like newspaper in the wind, and Elodie and I were at Elodie\'s house, waiting for Jade to arrive, it was 12:55- 5 minits \'till Jade was supposeed to come.
\"I wish I could find sme way to hang out with Jade again, she\'s really cool\" I said thoughtfully.
\"yeah\" said Elodie, maybe if we have a really good time tonight we can become even better friends\". answered Eldie Thoughtfully.
justas she finished saying that there was a knock on the door.
\"come in\" I yelled out.
\"Hey guys Whats up, hows it going, long time no see\", Jade said in her chatty voice.
\"nothing\"we answered together.
\"Ok so to make the cards you get a piece of construction paper, foldit, write your message on it such as happy birthday or congratz ex. ex.hen you add thin bows and glitters or accsesories, then you decorate the cover and back however you want. Next you lamenate it. And there you have it thats how you make \'em\", I said in about 10 muinets.
When I was done explaining it we all took a walk to the park. We chatted about many different things. when we were in the park we ran into El\'s little brother Tyler. He was running merrily with his dog Max, El gave him Max for his Birthday last ear and they\'ve been inseperatable ever science.
\"Hey wats up Ty\" El said patting Max\'s back and ears.
\"nothing just playing with Maxie\" said Tyler happiley.
\"cool\" El said
\"Oh, and this is our new friend Jade. Jade Lovmy,he\'s a fan of the cards we make at Elodies dollar, so we desided to show her how to make them andended up becomeing good friends.\" said El nodding happiley toward Jade.
\"I gotta go home Mom said to come hame is 30 muinets and it\'s been \'bout that long\" said tyler in a way that only a 6 year old with brown hair, glittering hopefull eyes and diples can.
\"Ok bye Ty\" said El
\"by see ya around Tyler\" said Jade not unkindly
\"Bye Ty\" I said lovingly, for i always thought that Ty was so cute with Dimples in one cheek, a crooked smile, brown hair, and glittering hopefull eyes, and he\'s only 7, children are so cute, so innocent.We left a few moments ater Ty did.
We walked off Into the sunset, the beautey of a new friendship warm i all3 of out hearts that night. I st in bed the events of the past 2 days spining in my head, i was blissfully hppy at making a new friend for the past years it\'s oly ben me and El, ever scence we got out of 7th grade.
I fell asleep in a happy daze that night after thinks all the events over and i went off into a new night of fresh dreams, and alot more joy to come in her life.

CHAPTER 3
A desision is Made

\"Maybe\" answered El thoughtfully, when I asked her if she was ever planning to go to collage.
\"Are you?\" She asked.
\"If you are, but if your not then i\'m not.\" I answered after a few moments.
\"Why?\" El asked questioningly
After a muinet or Two I answered,
\"Because we\'ve been together science Pre K and we\'ve been Best Friends science 3ed, and i\'m not going to break that friendship\". I answered thoughtfully.
Then I door bell rang, JAde walked in earing a White tank top, a red mini skirt and and silver heels, with a black leather purse to top it all off. She was beautiful, Boys followed her around most days as if she was the most important person in the world, today she had a boy named Lance With her. He had sleek black hair, golden eyes, and a perfect smile.
\"Hey whats up\", Jade asked as she walked in,
\"nothing just working\" I answered, but when i looked over to El she had a far away look in her eyes, she was ovelously thinking about something, I wanted to ask but not in front of Lance..... Or even Jade, sure we we close friends but me and El we BFFs.
There was a silence to breake it I said,
\"So where are you Two going ?\" i said conversationally.
\"Just to the movies to see Fright night 2, The lob, The skull, and the pea, I heard it\'s so cheesey that the rateing is C for heesey and they have a warning on it that says - WARNING may cause, sarcastic remarks, Lmbo, and out of conrol weirdness.\" she said trying to hide laughter.
We all broke into laughter or \"Lmbo\"
The door rang, I told Lance and JAde to Go to the card isal until the customer left, they went.
\"That will be $10.95\" El said awakened from her dreaming. I customer was a pretty blond with a poney tail in, black eyes and a cute smile, She was buying 3 pairs of nail polish. She paid and left.
When Jade and LAnce came out from th card isal, Jade looked at her watch and said, \"ohh sorry We gottsta go its starting soon and we want to get a good seat\" she called out goodbye
\"bye\" I said
\"Bye\" El said faitly, something was still on her mind.
\"so what are you thinking about?\" i said
\"out conversation ahile ago remember about the singing and candy counter and such.\" she said
\"yeah so\" i said
\" I checked how much we have and we have enough to do the candy counter and the coffie counter and you sigging!\" she said happiley
\"we\'re going to do it? I asked questioningly.
\"sure It\'ll Be a risk but i feel like we can do it i can just feel it\" El said
\"yeah it\'ll be a risk but if youthink we can do it then i\'m going to get my songs ready\" I said hiding my pleasure, I love singing.
\"Then i\'ll go to the bank to withdraw for the candy couter and the coffe counteer\". she said as she went out the door.
\"Let\'s hope her senses are right\", I thought out loud, as i thought of some songs i like to sing and am good at singing.

CHAPTER 4

\"I got $104.93 today\", I said cleaning out the bucket I put in front of me when I sing in front of the store for tips.
\"The candy counter got $97.13 today\" El said happily
\"and the coffie counter......\" I said wondering because i was singing most of the of the store hours, so El was the one who kept the inside of the store going.
\"Oh the coffie counter was the best\", El said
\"it made $200.84 today, grown ups came in here this morning for it, now we have a few regulars\" said El joyously
\"Told you this would work\" El said in a \"told ya so\" voice.
\"I have to admit it\'s fun singing for money, and were making double the funds.\"
\"yeah, we hva eso much funds that i\'m goin house shoping today.\" El said delightedly
\"Let me come, I need to move out sometime too, we\'re 18 and living with out parents\".
\"if we both buy 1 house we could share it so that we don\'t have to spend as much and we could save that money for one of us to move out or to get cool things for our house\".
\"it was a eally good idea to get a coffie counter, candy counter, and me to sing\" I said in debtly to her
\"Yeah I am a Geneous\" El said Playfully

CHAPTER 5
We Tryed every house on the block, I said to El,
Not that one. She said
Well let\'s go check it ot them, I said running towrd the house, there were alot of houses for sale that we passed but non of them felt right.
I Like it El said, it was a small, pink cottage, it was homy looking. We knocked on the door. A smalll frail looking old lady came out with what was eather her sister or her mother.
\"can i help you 2 young ladies?\" she said in an old lady voice that suggested she was way older than we thought.
\"yes we would like to know how much your seeling this house for\". El said poiletly.
\"1000\" she said
\"really, can we have a look around\" I said Trying to conseal my happpyness\"
\"of course i\'ve been trying t get rid of this house for ears but know one i liked or senced was right ever wanted to buy it\"
With that we walked into her beautiful house.

hang on more coming soon but brb

The next Chapter is coming very soon
please comment

Last edited by bookworm12 on 9/12/2009, 1:47 pm; edited 5 times in total
Amber
Amber
Short Short Maker
Short Short Maker

The Lives Of Elodie 'N Me (not finished and origonal and first book by bookworm12) Siggy
The Lives Of Elodie 'N Me (not finished and origonal and first book by bookworm12) Siggy

Female Posts : 167

http://allawesomeness.omgforum.net/index.htm

Back to top Go down

The Lives Of Elodie 'N Me (not finished and origonal and first book by bookworm12) Empty Re: The Lives Of Elodie 'N Me (not finished and origonal and first book by bookworm12)

Post by The Mad Hatter 9/11/2009, 9:47 pm

It's good, but maybe you might wanna watch your grammar/spelling a little. And also, maybe you should look up other words to replace the word 'said'? Smile
The Mad Hatter
The Mad Hatter
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 9056

Back to top Go down

The Lives Of Elodie 'N Me (not finished and origonal and first book by bookworm12) Empty Re: The Lives Of Elodie 'N Me (not finished and origonal and first book by bookworm12)

Post by Amber 9/11/2009, 9:49 pm

Ok Thanks :-)
*changing*
Amber
Amber
Short Short Maker
Short Short Maker

Back to top Go down

Post by Amber 9/11/2009, 10:16 pm

ok alot of it was changed but not all cause that woudl take forever and i'm not that patent
Amber
Amber
Short Short Maker
Short Short Maker

Back to top Go down

Post by Arianna 9/12/2009, 1:34 am

I'd happily edit a little bit, Amber Smile
Other than that, it's great!
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

The Lives Of Elodie 'N Me (not finished and origonal and first book by bookworm12) 461

http://www.pixelpuppy.net

Back to top Go down

Post by PugsRock 9/12/2009, 8:01 am

It's good. Smile I'd edit it for you to.
I think you kind of changed the said words by adding a word like 'politely' at the end, but it still says said. Try:

asked
exclaimed
yelled
whispered
sang
laughed
explained

I have a list of other words in the writing resorces forum. Wink
PugsRock
PugsRock
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 7527

Back to top Go down

Post by sally123 9/12/2009, 9:11 am

good book so far could you post on my profile when new chapters come out thanks

~XD Sally
sally123
sally123
Microfiction Scribbler
Microfiction Scribbler

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 9/12/2009, 9:42 am

Great job! Smile You could probably edit it a little bit to improve the spelling and grammar, but I like it. I hope you'll write more soon!
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

The Lives Of Elodie 'N Me (not finished and origonal and first book by bookworm12) 1312The Lives Of Elodie 'N Me (not finished and origonal and first book by bookworm12) 2412The Lives Of Elodie 'N Me (not finished and origonal and first book by bookworm12) 3349The Lives Of Elodie 'N Me (not finished and origonal and first book by bookworm12) 3548The Lives Of Elodie 'N Me (not finished and origonal and first book by bookworm12) 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelly 9/12/2009, 10:09 am

awesome book so far!
i love this kind of book its so liek realistic fiction
could you let me know when new chapters come out

~~Thanks Kelly
Kelly
Kelly
Microfiction Scribbler
Microfiction Scribbler

Back to top Go down

Post by Amber 9/12/2009, 10:50 am

Thanks and yeah i'm taking it to the book exchange to have it looked over and edited by someone maybe a couple pple
Amber
Amber
Short Short Maker
Short Short Maker

Back to top Go down

Post by Arianna 9/12/2009, 10:51 am

Okay, that's cool, Amber Wink
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

The Lives Of Elodie 'N Me (not finished and origonal and first book by bookworm12) 461

http://www.pixelpuppy.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Amber 9/12/2009, 1:45 pm

thanks i think i posted on the book exchange thing
Amber
Amber
Short Short Maker
Short Short Maker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down