The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm writing a comic... and I want your help.

5 posters

Go down

I'm writing a comic... and I want your help. Empty I'm writing a comic... and I want your help.

Post by Kiriana Shadeweaver 12/13/2009, 9:59 pm

Seriously. But I'm going to start writing a comic, and I need some help with a bit of it. (I'll get to that after a short summary, so you get the idea.) Skip the next paragraph if you don't give a crap, it's just me rambling about the basic gist of the comic.
So, there are two dogs, Danger Dot (DD or Dot fer short; a dalmatian) and President Weird (Weird; your standard brown mutt, and has a lazy eye!). Their friend Major Mad (Mad; a doberman) shows up from time to time too. DD and Weird have their Evil Twins, whom they are to fight atop the Mountain of Doom. (Overly generic, but it gets to point across.) They get followed around by an entire orchestra which composes background music for the duo. A lot of things will be heavily video-game inspired, like battles will take place as your standard 2D boss fight. Speaking of battles, this is where you come in.

I need words that rhyme with "twin." As many as possible.
Feel free to make suggestions for how to make stuff like verbs work in the context, too.
You can also make up words if everything's used up. (There can't be that many words that end in "-in") I'd just like a description of your invented word if it's not real.

I've come up with a bunch already, but I need more!
(Reason: each of the fights on the MoD takes place between our doggy duo and the Evil Twin's strangely-rhyming minions.)
Oh, and all the stuff has angry eyes. Just to accentuate its evil-ness.
Here's what I've got:

• Chin (this one comes first if it kills me. It's what started this weird thing.)
  • Fin
  • Bin
  • Gin (both kinds, the alcohol and the cotton-making machine)
  • Kin (your standard video game mob)
  • Yin (you know, yin-yang? And the yang helps the pups out.)
  • Schwinn (a kind of bike)
  • Sin
  • Win
  • Tin
  • Pin
  • Spin
  • Grin
  • Shin
...yeah. I'm weird like that.

(Oh, and I wasn't sure where this would go, so I put it here. If it has to be moved, okay!)

Last edited by Kiriana Shadeweaver on 12/14/2009, 4:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kiriana Shadeweaver
Kiriana Shadeweaver
Short Story Writer
Short Story Writer

Female Posts : 472

Back to top Go down

I'm writing a comic... and I want your help. Empty Re: I'm writing a comic... and I want your help.

Post by Komoda 12/13/2009, 10:58 pm

Words that rhyme with twin:

1 syllable:
been, bihn, bin, binn, blinn, brin, brinn, bryn, chin, chinh, chinn, din, dinh, fin, finn, finne, flinn, flynn, gin, ginn, glyn, glynn, grin, guin, guinn, gwin, gwinn, gwyn, gwynn, gwynne, gyn, hinn, in, in., inn, jin, kihn, kin, kinn, kinne, lin, linh, linn, linne, lwin, lyn, lynn, lynne, mihn, min, minh, pin, pinn, prynne, qin, quin, quinn, rhin, rihn, rinn, rinne, schwinn, shin, shinn, sin, sinn, skin, spin, syn, thin, tin, trinh, vin, when, win, winn, winne, wynn, wynne, yin, zinn, zlin

2 syllables:
adin, akin, allin, allphin, alpin, askin, aslin, astin, aswin, atkin, begin, berlin, bongjin, chagrin, chang-hsin, clothes pin, dechine, eldwin, elkin, emlyn, eskin, glavine, goose skin, has been, have been, herein, itkin, kaylynn, kuan yin, kyoung-min, like sin, mcginn, mcglinn, mcglynn, mcguinn, mclin, mclinn, mcminn, mcquinn, not kin, o'quinn, parts bin, qian, sloe gin, straight pin, tail fin, therein, thick skin, trash bin, vanryn, wear thin, wherein, within, wrist pin, yalin, yan-bin

3 syllables:
bathtub gin, bobby pin, bowling pin, caudal fin, christ within, cotter pin, cotton gin, deadly sin, dorsal fin, dowel pin, drawing pin, firing pin, flour bin, gudgeon pin, holland gin, kissing kin, light within, loony bin, mickey finn, mortal sin, motor inn, next of kin, rolling pin, safety pin, scatter pin, skittle pin, swivel pin, ventral fin, verduin, violin, water skin, west berlin

4 syllables:
actual sin, animal skin, caravan inn, knin, marchand de vin, pectoral fin, potato skin, vertical fin

5 syllables:
artificial skin, disease of the skin, huckleberry finn, original sin, remission of sin, take it on the chin

6 syllables:
heterocercal fin, matrilineal kin, patrilineal kin

Lol... Hope this helped. Very Happy The comic sounds like it'll be great!
Komoda
Komoda
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

I'm writing a comic... and I want your help. Empty Re: I'm writing a comic... and I want your help.

Post by Kiriana Shadeweaver 12/14/2009, 4:31 pm

O.O
I don't even know what most of those mean. Well, if it works, it works.
Thanks much.

One of my friends at school said she wanted to help me with the writing. I think I'm gonna do it over, like, five books, and everything's gonna rhyme (but with different stuff depending on the book; first one's gonna be -in) There's going to be "To the Mountain of Doom," "Up the Mountain of Doom," "Down the Mountain of Doom," "Across the Valley of Doom," "Through the Forest of Doom," and "In the Castle of Doom." Those evil twins sure like doom.
Kiriana Shadeweaver
Kiriana Shadeweaver
Short Story Writer
Short Story Writer

Female Posts : 472

Back to top Go down

Post by Komoda 12/14/2009, 6:55 pm

Haha, me neither. I just got them off this rhyming sit. nod

Ooh, that's so cool! I like how all the titles are coordinated. Those evil twins sound like quite the characters. XP
Komoda
Komoda
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesus4Eternity 12/14/2009, 7:59 pm

Dolphin. Smile xD, I randomly thought of it. Smile
Jesus4Eternity
Jesus4Eternity
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

I'm writing a comic... and I want your help. Siggy
I'm writing a comic... and I want your help. SiggyI'm writing a comic... and I want your help. Siggy
I'm writing a comic... and I want your help. SiggyI'm writing a comic... and I want your help. Siggy
Female Posts : 16258

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 12/14/2009, 9:51 pm

Wow. xD You actually got one that Komoda didn't list!!

Umm . .

Lol, I love this whole line . . .
artificial skin, disease of the skin, huckleberry finn, original sin, remission of sin, take it on the chin

Well, anyway. xD Rhymes. Howliday Inn? Which would be these Bunnicula books or something . . . and that's all I've got . . . oh, wait! Living in Sin, a Bon Jovi song. nod And dindin . . . xD You know, like, dinner.
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

I'm writing a comic... and I want your help. 1312I'm writing a comic... and I want your help. 2412I'm writing a comic... and I want your help. 3349I'm writing a comic... and I want your help. 3548I'm writing a comic... and I want your help. 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jade 1/13/2010, 8:12 pm

Dindin?

*Ahhh... good times, good times* xD
Jade
Jade
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Female Posts : 2182

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down