The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reflections of Innocence

5 posters

Go down

Reflections of Innocence Empty Reflections of Innocence

Post by Avé 12/13/2009, 11:18 pm

A short story I had to write for an English assignment. Eventually, it will grow and hopefully I can make a larger story out of it, but for now, this is what I've got.

“I’m sorry, Charlotte. But he’s dead.”
My eyes then become so hazy that I can barely make out the figure of Riis walking away, though I can tell that her head is hanging low. I feel confusion at first, then a pang of guilt. Worry overcomes me. I could have stopped this. Griffin didn’t have to die. I knew it was coming, but I didn’t do anything about it. It’s hard to believe that my best friend could have been alive right now. He was just a few hours ago.
You know that feeling when everything seems so perfect, like nothing could ever destroy the happiness? And then suddenly, it’s all shattered, and he’s gone. That’s what scares me; that at one moment, everything can be flawless, and then a moment later that can suddenly be replaced with a sick feeling, one that leaves a hole in your heart forever.
When hope dies, when love dies. When everything that made life worth living dies. When he dies.
I find it almost funny, in this guilty, bittersweet type of way, that a heart can be broken, but it can still manage to find a little love in all its shattered pieces.
Upon this realization, I start to feel dizzy. Suddenly, the world seems to spin around me. I try to get a grip on something, but I can’t find anything to hold. I feel like I’m falling, like I can’t move, I can’t even struggle.
And then, I wake up in my bed. Was it a dream? A nightmare? No. If it was, he would have been here to hold me. But the truth is, he’s not. Griffin is gone. He’ll never hold me again. The thing is, I haven’t even cried yet. Not one bit. I think I’m numb to the pain. Shaking my head, I decide that enough is enough. I have to get these thoughts out of my head. I try my hardest to get some sleep.
The night is harsh. It’s filled with nightmares about my mother, a vampire destined to kill us off. At least she’s got one down.
I wake up, hot and screaming. I can’t do this. I roll over on my bed and switch on the dim light so that I can at least see, though slightly, around the room. A figure catches my eye. Translucent, a human shape, and… looking exactly like Griffin. I can feel myself starting to scream, but no sound escapes my lips.
“Who are you?” I manage to whisper. No reply; nothing but a low moan. I see the ghostly figure reach out its hand, as if trying to beckon me. I step closer, holding out my hand as well. I try to hold the spirit’s hand, but it slips away into darkness. I shut my eyes quickly, scared. When I blink them open, I see the figure again, this time resting on the sill of a window I didn’t open. The curtains blow and the figure jumps. I run over to the window, silent but my mind screaming. Looking down, I see nothing below. I swear, for a second, that I catch I glimpse of two cat-like violet eyes that I know belong to no one but my mother.
I shake my head. This can’t be happening. I escaped to Bella Di School for the Supernatural to get away from all this and for once feel the peace and serenity that this world never gave me. I guess I did something to deserve this, though, because when I got here, nothing but tragedy comes my way.
I can’t stay here, I decide. I quickly pack up my bag and sling it over my shoulder, throwing a sweatshirt on. I quickly switch of the light and slip out the door, entering the brightly lit hallway of the dorm. I walk with my gaze lowered to the ground, knowing it wasn’t likely that I would run into anybody at this time of night.
I’m mistaken. Before I know it, I’m falling to the ground after, but I pair of arms is there to catch me. “Whoa there,” Vince’s voice warns, and I can tell he’s amused. I look up to see him, the boy I first thought was a stuck up jerk because so many girls loved him, but soon realized he was anything but that. Basically, my first friend here at Bella Di, though our relationship had always been… rough.
“What are you doing?” he asks me, his eyes traveling to the bag slung over my shoulder. I shake my head, saying, “Not now, Vince.” I try to walk past him, but his hand catches my arm and he pulls me back.
That’s when they emotions start to swirl in my head. Confusion, fear, guilt, a strange sense of satisfaction, depression and… innocence? I feel a tear roll down my cheek but I quickly wipe it away. I don’t want Vince to see me cry. I can’t control it though; the tears just start to fall.
I can’t tell that Vince has put the pieces together. “You’re leaving, aren’t you?” he questions me. I shake my head again, saying once more, this time almost in a hiss, “Not now, Vince!”
He tightens his grip though, and I know he won’t let me go. Sighing, I ask him, “What do you want from me?”
“What do I want from you?” Vince repeats. “Charlotte, I want you to stay! You’ve already run away once, you can’t do it again.”
I close my eyes for a moment, pulling myself together. I feel the emotions being strung together. Loneliness surrounded me before, but now… I don’t feel so isolated. Slowly opening my eyes, I see a part of Vince I have never seen before. He’s shaggy, auburn hair is to die for and those eyes… those sea green eyes are beautiful. Not only that, but he cares about me. He really does, I realize.
I can tell he’s noticed my sudden change of thought. He pulls me closer, loosening his grip slightly. I look up at him, feeling a small smile begin to twitch at the corners of my lips. “Would you miss me if I left?” I ask him in a soft murmur.
As if in reply, he takes his one free hand and tilts my chin slightly, so that it’s almost even with his. He doesn’t speak a word, but I know what he means by the action that follows. His eyes close and my eyelids drop half-mast. I breath in and exhale slowly, closing my eyes fully.
And then, our lips meet.

>> >> >>

Avé
Avé
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 5955

Back to top Go down

Reflections of Innocence Empty Re: Reflections of Innocence

Post by catbuster 12/14/2009, 1:06 pm

Woah, I really like it! It's really emotional kind of sad though, but I love it! Please write more soon!
catbuster
catbuster
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Female Posts : 1932

Back to top Go down

Post by Avé 12/14/2009, 6:28 pm

Thanks Cat Very Happy
Avé
Avé
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 12/14/2009, 7:33 pm

Awww! Sad That song . . . it's so sad . . .

Psh, I wish it'd loaded before I finished reading the whole story, but ah well. xD You did a great job! I really liked it, and it's so sweet. ^^
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Reflections of Innocence 1312Reflections of Innocence 2412Reflections of Innocence 3349Reflections of Innocence 3548Reflections of Innocence 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 12/14/2009, 9:38 pm

Awesome. Smile
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!
Female Posts : 15981

Back to top Go down

Post by Avé 12/16/2009, 7:43 pm

Thanks you guys. Smile
Avé
Avé
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by DiscardedHarmony 12/17/2009, 12:03 am

Oh, that's so beautiful! Reflections of Innocence 268382 If there's more, you need to write it Reflections of Innocence 899677
DiscardedHarmony
DiscardedHarmony
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Female Posts : 1596

http://ShimmeringHeart.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down