The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sown Shadow - Bringing you yesterday's news today!

5 posters

Go down

The Sown Shadow - Bringing you yesterday's news today! Empty The Sown Shadow - Bringing you yesterday's news today!

Post by shadowsowner888 12/14/2009, 9:46 pm

Written 12/13/09.

I have little to write about, since I spent most of my day online.

But oh, how beautious it was. xD I was originally planning on getting off at 3:30, but then stayed until 5 because I wanted to be able to roleplay at least for a few posts on the DE . . . I’ve really missed that place, but it’s so hard to RP there for me because I never stick around long and rarely get people to do lasting on-and-off RPs with me. xP *sigh*

It was a relief to realize that Shadow, at least, hadn’t gotten old in the months since I RPed there last! xD

I’m still feeling a little upset about my RPing quality . . . I really feel it’s not as good as it was when I started. Course I’m making longer posts with more quality, but I worry that it’s . . . well, empty. I have to force it and actually think about it before any halfway decent plots happen, but even the ones I can come up with feel unoriginal and recycled . . . not just in my RPing, either; it’s like I’m always doing the same basic thing for each story.

But the characters . . . o ho, I feel even worse about them. >.< I don’t think I’ve ever been much good at making unique and original characters . . . it seems to me like I’ve only got ten different types of people. Even when I do try to give them some unique traits, it never feels like it’s coming out in the posts . . . everything’s the same.

Agree if you want . . . I need to know if it’s true. Razz

I finally started reading again, I think, although it could just be because weekends give me more free time. The book I’m working on now is called Willow . . . mom, if you’re reading this, don’t freak out please. I checked it out for the romance aspect.

See, basically, it’s about an emo. Her brother’s estranged from her, though he treats her like a civilized person, because one night her parents had too much to drink and they made her drive, and it was rainy enough that she ended up crashing and killing her parents. But then, she meets a guy who’s as “deep and sensitive” (or something like that) as her. x3 Lol, that’s the part that appeals to me.

I’ve read about three chapters so far, and they’re great. Very Happy There was a slightly suggestive comment in one part when she was describing the comment - “Better than anything with a guy, ever” - but it wasn’t so bad, and that was the worst of the highschool-type maturity. Not even the cutting scenes are that bad, though I’ve never been one that thought much of serious stuff like that . . . seriously, I just don’t think death is that horrible when it comes to people I don’t know and fictional characters . . . everyone else says, “Oh, that’s horrible!” when it happens, and, “Oh, you shouldn’t be reading that murder mystery!” and stuff . . . >.> What’s the big deal? In case number one . . . well, sure, they’re dead, and that’s bad, but the second example? Just, what? Why’s it so bad if they’re not even real?

That hardly had anything to do with the book. Anyway, it’s a little annoying because it’s in present tense, and the beginning was confusing because I couldn’t figure out whose perspective it was from, but it’s a good read. nod

We watched Up for family night . . . and . . . one of my brother’s friends is a ladies man. xD And he’s like ten. I don’t really get exactly how it happened, but his sister said that in school, one of the teachers said that Taylor Lautner was the guy in the green jacket . . . and he was wearing a green jacket.

He doesn’t even look like Taylor; he’s too pale, and his hair’s like . . . more Edwardey. xD But then all the girls started hugging him randomly. Poor dude . . .

His name’s Mark. Razz I realized the similarity when Zach kept telling him to say hi to Sammy, but he just stood there hiding a smile and staring at her. I’m like, “Yeah, Mark’s smart, he’s not talking to her.”

Then after a few seconds, I exclaimed, “Oh my gosh! I HATE when they do that! xD” “They” being people named Mark. I doubt anybody but Gri understood, though. xD

Seven Things That Make Me Cry
1. My parents.
2. Random songs I make my toy animals sing. This was when I was younger . . . and the songs weren’t even sad. xP Like, one time it was a song about how unicorns were still unicorns even if somebody cut off their horns.
3. Movies where you watch dogs or people just as they die - and where dads have to say goodbye to their sons forever, because the son’s going with the aliens while the man has to stay on earth and die in the mega solar flare. What a long one. xD But seriously . . . I don’t think I’m able to cry unless I actually watch them die. Razz And it’s not even because I think it’s so horrible; it’s because I feel so bad for the people that loved the dead dudes.
4. Desperate. That was my first story ever that even got me so close to crying. My eyes just watered, but still.
5. The emotional poems and stories you guys write. Can’t define what exactly . . . but kids being hated by their parents makes me especially get close to crying. xD Close because this doesn’t technically make me cry either; my eyes just get all wet.
6. Sad songs. So far, it’s about two - I Miss You by Miley Cyrus and The Christmas Shoes by somebody. Razz
7. Stress. Stress me out, and you can bet I’ll start crying if anything else goes wrong.

That was kinda an odd topic, I know . . . I’m just trying to prove to myself that I am sensitive enough to cry. Razz Thanks for reading, lolz! Clickies are appreciated - on the adoptables below this lovely box for you. Open it! What a Face There’s a surprise inside, something different for everyone! Perhaps it’ll be a disembodied head, or a moist towelette, or even half a trumpet!
The Sown Shadow - Bringing you yesterday's news today! Cardboard-box-open-lg
The Sown Shadow - Bringing you yesterday's news today! SiggyThe Sown Shadow - Bringing you yesterday's news today! SiggyThe Sown Shadow - Bringing you yesterday's news today! SiggyThe Sown Shadow - Bringing you yesterday's news today! SiggyThe Sown Shadow - Bringing you yesterday's news today! SiggyThe Sown Shadow - Bringing you yesterday's news today! SiggyThe Sown Shadow - Bringing you yesterday's news today! BcMHThe Sown Shadow - Bringing you yesterday's news today! IqLjThe Sown Shadow - Bringing you yesterday's news today! 1SSA

We’ve got . . . Possibility because I find that song oddly nice for some reason, and Wizards in Winter because Bilbo just made Gandalf remember he had some Christmas shopping to do. nod
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

The Sown Shadow - Bringing you yesterday's news today! 1312The Sown Shadow - Bringing you yesterday's news today! 2412The Sown Shadow - Bringing you yesterday's news today! 3349The Sown Shadow - Bringing you yesterday's news today! 3548The Sown Shadow - Bringing you yesterday's news today! 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

The Sown Shadow - Bringing you yesterday's news today! Empty Re: The Sown Shadow - Bringing you yesterday's news today!

Post by IDmangapasta 12/14/2009, 10:01 pm

I'm pretty sure The Christmas Shoes is by NewSong. Very Happy
IDmangapasta
IDmangapasta
Published Author
Published Author

Howdy-do, I'm an otaku!
Female Posts : 3400

http://lizclairel.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

The Sown Shadow - Bringing you yesterday's news today! Empty Re: The Sown Shadow - Bringing you yesterday's news today!

Post by shadowsowner888 12/14/2009, 10:22 pm

Sweet. Very Happy Thanks!
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

The Sown Shadow - Bringing you yesterday's news today! 1312The Sown Shadow - Bringing you yesterday's news today! 2412The Sown Shadow - Bringing you yesterday's news today! 3349The Sown Shadow - Bringing you yesterday's news today! 3548The Sown Shadow - Bringing you yesterday's news today! 3327

Back to top Go down

Post by Jade 12/14/2009, 10:24 pm

Haha. and you said that you didn't have much to write about xD \

Yeah, stress is mainly what makes me cry Razz
Jade
Jade
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Female Posts : 2182

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 12/14/2009, 10:27 pm

Lol, well, I can always find something to ramble about if I try. xD

Yeah . . . even more than feeling sad. o.0
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Komoda 12/14/2009, 11:56 pm

Aw, I'm sure your RP characters are still wonderful, Shadow! You're probably just getting used to them so it seems like they're all the same, when it's just that they're all a tiny part of you. :3

Lol, all those darn Marks. XP I don't think I even know a Mark... Except for my sister's friend, but he's a weirdy... like Landon. XP

Better than anything with a guy, ever.

Haha, oh my, Shadow. I wouldn't have even noticed that that was suggestive... Lol, but then again, I'm kind of like desensitized when it comes to those things 'cause I don't have a lot of restrictions when it comes to books... Except for Eternal Lover and all of my mom's adult books. >.> But I don't really ask to read her books, and Eternal Lover was like, actually X Rated. Not even exaggerating... But my uncle gave it to me. O.o

Lol, omg, I get what you mean by the toy animal thing. I was crying when I was writing a song for my neopets one time (in like grade 4)... Maybe it was because it was a future song for a neopet I didn't get yet though, and I didn't end up getting it because the person on Ebay sold it to someone else. Sad

I cry a lot when I read certain poems, too. I can't remember which one, but... Yeah. Oh, and I use to cry every time I watched the Love Story video, too. XP

Anyway, lovely blog! :3 Thank you for the poster of François Négret that I found in the box!!
Komoda
Komoda
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 12/15/2009, 2:13 am

About the box - At first I thought you said "disembodied hand" and I was like, "OMG, it's the Doctor's hand!" [Doctor Who reference here - I am seriously way too obsessed. XD] But then I realized it said head instead of hand. Oh well.
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!
Female Posts : 15981

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 12/16/2009, 12:01 am

Haha, I had one of those moments where I'm just like, "OMG! Really? :3" xD But I'll hope you're right . . .

Lol, well, this one isn't so bad. xD Cus we actually talk. He's even cuter than the other Mark, though he's like ten or something, so of course he'd be cuter.

OMG. xD That's not good . . . well, at least it's a relief to think that Mom won't notice if I accidentally say anything inappropriate. Cus I keep making interesting comments . . .
Haha, your uncle is interesting. xD

xD

Aww, really? xP Lucky! I never cried at that.

Thanks! Very Happy No problem . . . um, who's that? xD

Okay, wow, Ratty. xD Lol, well, what did you get in the box then?
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 12/16/2009, 12:10 am

Umm... it was a TARDIS. nod So I flew off in it and went to fight evil! Very Happy Then I returned it two seconds after I took it, so nobody noticed. grin
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 12/16/2009, 12:25 am

Oh, sweet! Very Happy
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 12/16/2009, 12:31 am

IKR? cheesy
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!

Back to top Go down

Post by Komoda 12/16/2009, 8:51 pm

Very Happy

Haha, nice. For a second I thought you meant like, cute cute... O.o

Ooh... Interesting comments like what? And yes, my uncle is very interesting.

Francois Negret is my new lover. :DD I will explain in my blog. XP
Komoda
Komoda
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 12/17/2009, 7:49 pm

Lol, no. xD Not cute cute. Just cute.

I'm trying to remember it. xD But mom said something completely normal, and I was like, "Eww! Why would I want to do that?" Then I realized it sounded kinda suggestive after that. And then, like, whenever mom and dad say anything about love, we're like, "Omg, that's disgusting! xP" I can't remember whatever I said that was weird, though. xD

OMG. What about Brucey?!
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down