The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sown Shadow - Bringing you yesterday's news today!

3 posters

Go down

The Sown Shadow - Bringing you yesterday's news today! Empty The Sown Shadow - Bringing you yesterday's news today!

Post by shadowsowner888 12/31/2009, 1:11 pm

Written 10/30/09.

Christmas should last all year.

Not even the presents. Absolutely not the presents. It’d teach people to be selfish, stress everyone out as they tried to buy presents. I mean the whole happiness of it all. I don’t get how people can’t just go around and be cheery the whole year. It’s like, for one day they’re obligated to be in a good mood, and after that they forget about it and go back to being total jerks.

Well, this is more words than I ever thought I’d make myself write. xP

Sims and Wii is distracting to me. It’s like, I don’t wanna do anything else . . . get bored if I try, though there’s a whole houseful of stuff. Writing, listening or playing to music, doing that ironing, cleaning my room . . . a whole lot of stuff. But I can never bring myself to want to do anything else. I kinda hope school starts again, so I have an excuse to be doing something else, and actually need to play DDR or Wii Fit for like 45 minutes.

I can’t even bring myself to want to write. It’s so bad that I thought I might have writers block, but I don’t . . . I’m just sitting here and churning out words like it’s nothing. Then I realized something about writers block - it’s all in your head. You only have writers block because you don’t really want to be writing.

Could be wrong. People always say “write what you know,” and well, I’m totally not writing about something I know about.

I watched The Time Warp Trio earlier, when I was babysitting. Weird, yes, but that’s not the point. See, there was some Zen master, and he said that when you learn to control your mind, you can do anything.

Well, it’s true! You can be happy, successful, make all the friends you want, do well in school, write the perfect novel . . . absolutely anything. It’s just a matter of controlling your mind.

Man, suddenly I just got the huge urge to post Desperate online. Which I should! But there’s . . . ugh. A lot of maturity, and I’d probably need to edit it all out first. xP But then I tell myself, every time I think about it, to wait . . . to save the big stuff for NaNoEdMo, and just keep working on Meeting Jacob.

Not even sure that’s something I’m as interested in, though. I’m getting serious about David. This time it’s mutual, too . . . we’re too young to get married, even in Shadow’s Universe, for some reason. Just because he seems too much like a teenager to me. But we’re serious about each other. I haven’t even written him into my werewolf story . . . when I was doing it by hand I included him, but that was about two seconds, and it’s not at all in the official draft.

Just had a thought. I started Dragon Soul “from the beginning.” Not, like, in the middle of anything, but at the beginning. At least of the school year. Whereas the werewolf story is just totally in the middle; everything’s already been established. There’s stable ground, and for the story to get anywhere something first had to change . . . wow, that was actually just a moment of revelation for me. Now I have a tiny idea more where I’m going to take it.

It’s actually somewhat easier this way, though. Already letting Lyssa be the outcast, have a great friendship with David, be neglected by her parents, and very reluctantly exist as a werewolf is just . . . easy. As opposed to have to bring her into everything. It’s a little more awkward to write because you have to explain it all, but I like this better.

And, seriously, I’m trying a lot harder to write this one well than I tried for anything else. Not only am I keeping in mind the kind of stuff I remind myself when RPing - description, thoughts, and personality - but I’m starting to feel the essence of a theme working its way in.

Gosh, it’s starting to come to me, but I just can’t get my hands on it.

The description . . . bleah. I do great when I’m actually focusing on it, but I have a hard time mixing it in with the other stuff and doing so consistently. I have to resist the urge to be lazy and tell, too, instead of showing. The thoughts I do okay on, I think . . . I do a lot less of them than I used to, but I think it’s better this way. Personality is kinda the same thing, but not directly a thought . . . like, expressing something as a fact that is more just an opinion, because it’s the way the character thinks. Like, I’m working in a lot of subtle thoughts of Lyssa’s that are more, well, wolfish. They wouldn’t make such a big difference if there was just a few of them scattered throughout the book, but I’m hoping to convey through the repeatedness of it that she really is almost as much of a beast as she thinks. She’s different.

Lol, and here I am, talking about all this stuff when the story currently isn’t even past the third page. xP I’ll get to work on that eventually . . . thanks for reading!
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

The Sown Shadow - Bringing you yesterday's news today! 1312The Sown Shadow - Bringing you yesterday's news today! 2412The Sown Shadow - Bringing you yesterday's news today! 3349The Sown Shadow - Bringing you yesterday's news today! 3548The Sown Shadow - Bringing you yesterday's news today! 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

The Sown Shadow - Bringing you yesterday's news today! Empty Re: The Sown Shadow - Bringing you yesterday's news today!

Post by Arianna 12/31/2009, 1:15 pm

Nice blog! x3 Aww, I want to read Desperate, even an unedited version. I'd love to do a novel swap. x3 Please? Healers for Desperate, even though Healers is pretty boring. xD It has a plot. nod (sorta)
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

The Sown Shadow - Bringing you yesterday's news today! 461

http://www.pixelpuppy.net

Back to top Go down

The Sown Shadow - Bringing you yesterday's news today! Empty Re: The Sown Shadow - Bringing you yesterday's news today!

Post by shadowsowner888 12/31/2009, 1:28 pm

Hmm . . . well, if you don't mind heavy language, and extreme violence and romance too in a few parts, that'd be awesome! xD Preferably not through Twig, though, considering how much maturity Desperate has. xP Like . . . people get heads chopped off, there's 'marriage stuff,' and swearing all over the place . . . I'm serious, it's probably rated R. xD That's probably the main reason I want to edit, so I can share it on Twig.
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

The Sown Shadow - Bringing you yesterday's news today! 1312The Sown Shadow - Bringing you yesterday's news today! 2412The Sown Shadow - Bringing you yesterday's news today! 3349The Sown Shadow - Bringing you yesterday's news today! 3548The Sown Shadow - Bringing you yesterday's news today! 3327

Back to top Go down

Post by Arianna 12/31/2009, 1:38 pm

I don't mind! *sends a PM to you*
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by DreamCatcher81 12/31/2009, 8:32 pm

I am so with you Shadz. At least on the WB thing. tongue But I get that so much. One month is all about writing, the next is music. But I'm way better at music than writing. tongue I'm tempted to start copying this part of Conspiracy I wrote in my notebook, just to get something done.

You should post Desperate though! That's kinda the reason I don't wanna post CH&A. . . . Except there is no head's getting cut off so far. cheesy
DreamCatcher81
DreamCatcher81
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

The Sown Shadow - Bringing you yesterday's news today! Siggy
The Sown Shadow - Bringing you yesterday's news today! Siggy
Female Posts : 2460

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 1/1/2010, 4:44 pm

Welcome to the club, Dream. xD

Well, if you wanna read it too, it's up at http://shadowsowner888.webs.com/desperate.htm . Be warned of the maturity yet again, though. xD And there's blank spots that're really just white text, which I colored because they're embarrassingly mature or I just don't want them in the book. Highlight at your own risk.
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Arianna 1/1/2010, 5:21 pm

I'm on page 41 already. Very Happy
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 1/2/2010, 3:03 pm

*points* Faaaast! xD

Especially considering you're finished by now. xD
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down