The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you believe in love at first sight?

+6
shadowsowner888
*Strongly*[Emo]tional
Cyn431
Arianna
Komoda
xSophiexx16
10 posters

Go down

Do you believe in love at first sight? Left1020%Do you believe in love at first sight? Right10 20% 
[ 4 ]
Do you believe in love at first sight? Left1020%Do you believe in love at first sight? Right10 20% 
[ 4 ]
Do you believe in love at first sight? Left1010%Do you believe in love at first sight? Right10 10% 
[ 2 ]
[ 4 ]
[ 4 ]
Do you believe in love at first sight? Left1010%Do you believe in love at first sight? Right10 10% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 20

Do you believe in love at first sight? Empty Do you believe in love at first sight?

Post by xSophiexx16 1/21/2010, 7:30 pm

I think I do...
I mean, I believe that you can love somebody right when you see them, but... not like...
Boy: *walks in front of girl he's never met*
Girl: *sees boy* I'M IN LOVE!
Boy: *sees girl* I'M IN LOVE!

I mean, like.. when you truly see the person, you know?
I'm going to use 'like' in this a lot; I can feel it.

Like.... When you open up to somebody and the person sees everything of you... just you entirely- not what you'd be judged on when you first saw them.

Anywho, I hope I made sense there.

(Also; I hope the poll turns out fine... First time making one.)
xSophiexx16
xSophiexx16
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Do you believe in love at first sight? 3918Do you believe in love at first sight? 3919Do you believe in love at first sight? 4122Do you believe in love at first sight? 4123Do you believe in love at first sight? 4121Do you believe in love at first sight? 2005Do you believe in love at first sight? 4120Do you believe in love at first sight? 1703Do you believe in love at first sight? 1704Do you believe in love at first sight? 3920Do you believe in love at first sight? 1770Do you believe in love at first sight? 3918Do you believe in love at first sight? 3916Do you believe in love at first sight? 1697
Female Posts : 1778

Back to top Go down

Do you believe in love at first sight? Empty Re: Do you believe in love at first sight?

Post by Komoda 1/21/2010, 8:05 pm

Nah, I'm sorry, but I don't believe in love at first sight.

I believe in attraction at first sight, but you only love someone when you know them for who they are... I used to believe in love at first sight, but after reading Romeo and Juliet, it made me realize how immature, superficial and pathetic the both of them are, and what they experienced was merely infatuation. Their relationship was an example of what "love at first sight" really is... Just infatuation based on looks.

Eventually you may fall in love with the other person, but not right away.
Komoda
Komoda
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Do you believe in love at first sight? Empty Re: Do you believe in love at first sight?

Post by Arianna 1/22/2010, 2:08 am

Nope, because I'd have a crush on a person with a nice personality, not just based on how they look. It's sorta hard to know that on first sight. xD
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Do you believe in love at first sight? 461

http://www.pixelpuppy.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyn431 1/22/2010, 9:18 pm

I'd have to say yes, I do. I agree, I'd love someone because of personality, not looks. Sometimes you can look at someone along with their surroundings--at school, let's say--and tell what kind of person they are: cool, nerdy, spazzy, whatever. That could get ideas running at least.

I noticed, before I voted, how general the question was. I do believe in love at first sight. Not necessarily true, paired-by-angels love... smug
Cyn431
Cyn431
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by *Strongly*[Emo]tional 1/23/2010, 3:33 am

No I don't belive in it. I mean how would you know if there was a connection with the person if you never talked to them you just sayw them. I think you really need to see what there personallity even if they are really hot. I mean don't get me wrong the looks important also. Well to make is short I think in my opioni that it is stupid.
*Strongly*[Emo]tional
*Strongly*[Emo]tional
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 16220

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 1/23/2010, 11:00 am

I'm iffy about it. I'm willing to believe it could happen . . . but the idea's far-fetched to me, now that I'm figuring out slightly more than before what love is really about. xP It takes time to build a real relationship based on love, rather than "Aaaa, hot person! cheesy"
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Do you believe in love at first sight? 1312Do you believe in love at first sight? 2412Do you believe in love at first sight? 3349Do you believe in love at first sight? 3548Do you believe in love at first sight? 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Post by amrgirl 1/28/2010, 9:01 pm

I don't know. I depends, I guess, like it's not going to be all sudden and strong, but maybe it'll be like a light pull towards a person or whatever. Eh, I'm just winging it. I'm the only person out of one group of my friends (not all of them, just 5 of them) who's never been asked out, had a boyfriend, been kissed, etc. But whatever. Smile
amrgirl
amrgirl
Published Author
Published Author

Female Posts : 3651

Back to top Go down

Post by Taquito 2/7/2010, 12:51 pm

No, it's stupid. No offense. Though, it's possible to be infatuated with someone when seeing for the first time. (yay, I found a word to replace "crush" and I really DON'T like that word.)
Taquito
Taquito
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Female Posts : 1227

Back to top Go down

Post by amrgirl 2/7/2010, 1:07 pm

Yes, I agree that 'crush' sounds sort of immature.
amrgirl
amrgirl
Published Author
Published Author

Female Posts : 3651

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 2/7/2010, 11:58 pm

Me too. I never liked it much, especially when it comes to adult story characters. xD
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Do you believe in love at first sight? 1312Do you believe in love at first sight? 2412Do you believe in love at first sight? 3349Do you believe in love at first sight? 3548Do you believe in love at first sight? 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Taquito 2/8/2010, 5:31 pm

shadowsowner888 wrote:Me too. I never liked it much, especially when it comes to adult story characters. xD
Yeah, I feel so sophisticated when I use it. xD
Taquito
Taquito
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Female Posts : 1227

Back to top Go down

Post by <3--[Emily]--<< 2/10/2010, 10:08 pm

I believe vaguely in love at first sight. I believe that you vaguely can have an attraction/connection to someone that you have not met yet(and NO, i'm not talking about you thinking someone is 'hot'). For example, EVERY time I've ever liked a guy I've met them by just walking past them, but our eyes connect and we kind of just pass a mental-message, if that makes sense. And then over time I get to know them, etc. But EVERY time I've ever really liked a guy, I've felt a connection to them beforehand. However, being 14, I've never been in love. And I do NOT think anyone in middle school could ever be in love, for that matter. However, I think 'love at first sight' is a very rare occurance that happens to older people and is kind of a more-intense case of what I have. Then again, we're all entitled to our opinions!
<3--[Emily]--<<
<3--[Emily]--<<
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Forte -
Do you believe in love at first sight? Siggy

Shiner -

Hearts -

Master Emerald -

Female Posts : 8434

Back to top Go down

Post by iGrievous 2/10/2010, 11:37 pm

Well, I believe it's possible, to some sort of extent. I kinda feel like that happened to me. See, there was this girl at band, and I just noticed her by chance, one day. I'd seen her before of course, in concert, but that day, I thought to myself, Isn't that someone Shad' knows?

But eventually I began to understand that she wasn't. Yet my eyes were brought to look upon her for weeks ever afterwards. There was some sort of attraction, though not that intense that attracted me to her. For some reason, when I would simple skim past anyone else's face, I was brought to watch hers. As if there was some interesting aspect of her that I was attracted to (Though unknowingly.) But it wasn't for months that I realized I actually liked her.

Isn't that just interesting. Love at first sight, to a simple extent, I could call it. Though I don't. It's actually rather corny. Laugh if you want. I'll laugh. HAHAHAH!
iGrievous
iGrievous
Well-Known Author
Well-Known Author

Male Posts : 4596

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down