The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dream of a Time

3 posters

Go down

Dream of a Time Empty Dream of a Time

Post by Jade 2/6/2010, 4:04 am

Florence, Italy 1347

Slivers of moon bring life to my face,
like paints of a canvas.
My face looks prettier in the grey light,
That doesn't add beauty at all, but removes my flaws.
I become mysterious, poised, alluring, charming, amazing what the night does.

I close my eyes, letting my world be swallowed by darkness.
I am tired, something I haven't been for weeks, it feels.
The satisfaction of knowing I am about to be pulled into the cocoon of slumber is great.
Slowly, wonderfully my thoughts fade away.
_ _ _

This can't be a dream. I don't have dreams,
but it is surely not life.
I am standing in an alley, sand and grime everywhere, much like all the alleys in my city.
In the alley stands a child. Her worried gaze cuts through me, I stand before her, not sure if I'm a ghost or flesh.

"Lia, why must you do such a thing to me?" She sobs, dirt streaked tears run down her ruddy cheeks and I want everything to pull her into an embrace. I can't though. Some invisible yet obviously present force clamps my lips shut, my expression mute and my pose stiff. I wonder, how does she know my name? Why is she crying? Did I inflict harm upon this child?

As she sobs a scene overlaps the one I'm currently in, bringing me to a house. Something that looks as if it were to belong to a merchant, shabby yet sturdy enough to raise a family. Nothing near as grand as mine. The girl is still there, although now she is in a bed, she is obviously sick. Obviously dying. Have I caused this?

Her family cries around her, although they appear sick too. The white of their faces, the sweat on their forehead, and stange boil like things on there skin, like no sickness I've seen before. I am terrified, for whatever reason, plenty of low class people die every month, but there is something different, and I know it cannot be good.

As suddenly as I fell asleep I wake up. There is no longer moon light, it has been replaced with the seemingly angelic sunlight. Maids shuffle into my chamber to wake me, and dress me for breakfast, but I am not hungry, nor do I care what dress I wear. All I can think of is the alley girl and wonder if she might be dead.

Chapter 1:
Page 1: Post 4

Last edited by Jade on 2/6/2010, 2:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jade
Jade
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Female Posts : 2182

Back to top Go down

Dream of a Time Empty Re: Dream of a Time

Post by rattyjol 2/6/2010, 7:00 am

Ooh... I have a feeling I know what the sickness is. cheesy More?
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!
Female Posts : 15981

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 2/6/2010, 12:44 pm

DUUUDE! I need more! How can you just leave us hanging like this?! xD

Beautiful job. Smile
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Dream of a Time 1312Dream of a Time 2412Dream of a Time 3349Dream of a Time 3548Dream of a Time 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jade 2/6/2010, 2:08 pm

rattyjol wrote:Ooh... I have a feeling I know what the sickness is. cheesy More?

Heehee I bet you do ^-^ Thanks for reading/ commenting!

_ _ _

Thanks Shadow Smile
Jade
Jade
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jade 2/6/2010, 2:49 pm

Chapter 1:

"Mistress Lia, tell me what is troubling you," our cook says, lines of worry imprinted on her forehead. I shouldn't be talking to our cook, father would probably dub it a sin, in one way or another, but I have learned not to care. Catherine has been our cook since I was born, and she notices and cares for me much more than my parents shall ever.

"Oh, I have no troubles today Catherine. What would make you think such a thing," I brush off her inquisitive look and steal a scrap of bread from the cutting board. "This bread is heavenly, I simply must share some with mother before Church begins.

Catherine appears a bit flustered as she hands me the basket of bread, and I know she can tell I'm hiding something. but if I told anyone they would surely send me to a mad house, so how can I?

I take the basket quickly and walk briskly into the dining area. where I set the bread on the table, even though mother isn't here yet. I sit down and look around me, the tall ceiling, the imported rich tapestries and furniture. We are wealthy, for certain, even if the community rather looks down on father, Pope Charles the seventh, for having a child, even though I was born before he became Pope.

"Lia, whatever are you doing sitting at the table alone?" My mother snaps as she walks into the room, fastening a chain of black perals, imported from Asia. She doesn't wait for an answer though, instead she claps her hands and a servant approaches her right away. "Please call Charles down for breakfast." She commands, as Catherine brings out plates and eggs.

My father walks into the room, his eyes are red from obvious lack of sleep, and his eyes gaze other mother and I in a single look. "Grace, something horrible has happened." he says solemly. I can not permit you and Lia to go to church today,"

Mother's jaw nearly drops. "Charles, whatever is it?" She then glances at me, as if just remembering I'm sitting there.

"It is not your place to ask questions, you will learn soon enough, but for now, just follow my wishes.

My mother nods, her eyes wide. "Yes Charles,"

"Please go up to your chambers, and don't come out for anything until I return for supper, is that understood?"

"Yes," Mother squeaks again.

"Lia?"

"Yes, Father," I say quietly, my mind racing. And I can't help wondering if my dream had anything to do with why my Father is so worried.
Jade
Jade
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 2/6/2010, 2:53 pm

Woaaaaah. Very Happy Keep writing, Jade! This is getting epic. I must know what happens.
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Dream of a Time 1312Dream of a Time 2412Dream of a Time 3349Dream of a Time 3548Dream of a Time 3327

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 2/6/2010, 2:55 pm

^^^ What she said. Very Happy
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!
Female Posts : 15981

Back to top Go down

Post by Jade 2/6/2010, 2:59 pm

Thanks again guys!! Smile
Jade
Jade
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jade 2/6/2010, 6:39 pm

Chapter 3:
"Idle Hands do the devil's work," used to be my mother's favorite thing to say to me, if I was walking through the house not doing anything, really. I did this often, when I would tell Catherine that my books, and games didn't satisfy me, she asked what did. I told her, my home. I loved it's grandness, and yet how it felt like an old friend that never had a negative word to say about my embriodery or horseman ship, but admired my voice, my free-ness and lively spirit.

Now though, it seems my mother would rather see my being idle, than doing anything. And I am forbiden to leave the house I love. Which is actually fine with me. I have no friends, or lovers, everyone seems to think me concided and a smart aleck because of my rebellious attitude.

Still this is getting to be too much for even me. Every night I can't fall asleep for I do nothing all day. I lay awake until morning when I pry my bones out of bed. I pick out a dress that catches my eye, and the maids dress me. I eat breakfast, supper and dinner.

However, our food supply is getting low, which I cannot understand. Surely, my father still has money. Money is something that I never think about, something that is always there, like rain, apples or curtains. Is it possible then that the ships aren't bringing food in?

Why would the ships not bring in food? They always do, most everyday from Asia, other parts of Europe and India. The ships bring the silk that made my dress, the furniture that sits in my chamber and the jewels that are adorned on the comb in my hair. However hard I think, I can't think of anything that would make the ships stop coming. Suddenly though, the alley girl comes back into my mind, and I start plunging into the blackness of another vision as I slump to the floor, as if I had fainted.
Jade
Jade
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 2/7/2010, 9:28 am

Woah. xD Whyyyy must you keep leaving us hanging?
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jade 2/7/2010, 7:35 pm

XD
Jade
Jade
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jade 2/9/2010, 9:09 pm

OMIGOSH, I have 2000 posts and new chapter soon.
Jade
Jade
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 2/10/2010, 4:25 pm

Congrats! :3 I can't wait for the next chapter.
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down