The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Happy Valentines' Day!

5 posters

Go down

Happy Valentines' Day! Empty Happy Valentines' Day!

Post by Arianna 2/14/2010, 4:03 pm

I finally wrote something which I actually liked, and I'm proud of that.
As horrible as a Valentines Day as I had today, this story really just makes me smile. (:

Maturity: Dating and a kiss.
Fantasy: None.

I walk up to my locker. Pink balloons, fully blown up, line the hallways, floating with helium inside them, held down to the ground instead of floating up to the ceiling because of delicate red strings. Different sayings are plastered on them in black ink, among them "Happy Valentines Day", "I <3 You", and "Sweet". There are pink sprinkles on the ground, freshly strewn and glittery, and posters on every 5 lockers announce that today is the day of the valentines dance in bold letters, a heart with two peoples' initials - I wouldn't doubt that they are those of the organizer and her BF - written into the middle. But they've been crossed out in black marker on the one on the locker beside me, instead, there is simply "I hate you" in its place.
I open my locker, the time ticking for me to be able to get to class early. I quickly get my books for world history and mathematics, and put back the books which I needed for homework last night. Before I close my locker, though, I look at the assortment of posters that I've taped to the door, and I notice something… it's a white envelope. On it is written "for Lisa" in fountain pen, in a handwriting which I cannot recall. A blush instantly comes to my face as I rip it from the door and bury myself deeper into my locker. Questions swarm through my head - I want to know from who I received the note, and so I eagerly open it, though I don't rip it.
A few confetti hearts fall out onto the floor of my pristine, white, locker, and a small pink paper slips out onto my hand - it is no bigger than my palm, something which the envelope disguised well. It's folded twice, and my heart starts to beat quicker and quicker as I open the folds. When I finally see it, two creases down the middle and handwriting in the same color, pen, and style, I take a deep breath and begin to read - but not before scanning the bottom, trying to find out who it's from. My luck is hindered, there, when I see a signature which seems way too hard to decipher. I squint to try and understand it but I give up and read the actual letter.
"Dear Lisa," it says, the script still something that eludes me - I really don't know who this handwriting belongs to. "Happy Valentines Day. You're one of my best gal friends and I wish that you could be something more… would you like to go to the dance with me?" Right after that is his signature. But I still cannot decipher it, nor his handwriting. I read it over again, and I can feel my cheeks burning.
I must spend about 5 minutes reading it over and over again, because the next thing that I hear is my best friend speaking. "Lisa, you got a note?" I nod, trying to wipe the blush off my face. "Ooh, lemme see!" She looks so eager and so I just hand it over - it isn't anything which will hurt.
She turns it back to me, a grin on her face. "But," I say, "I can't read the signature!"
"You'll make such a cute couple," she replies before noticing what I actually said. "Ah, you can't?" She seems somewhat confused and takes it away from me to point at it, describing the loops and curves of the letter. "Who do you know," she asks, a sly smile creeping onto her face, "who has great handwriting."
I rattle off a list of people who I know who have great handwriting, but she shakes her head, saying that he's also a good friend of mine. I only have two good guy friends. One of them is someone who I'd never date, and plus, he has messy handwriting. The other doesn't even go to this school. For a second I'm amazingly confused, and then it dawns on me. I look up at her.
"Uh-huh," she says. "Isn't that sweet?"
All that I can do is nod in agreement. Though I still don't know what is meant by the dance - I didn't even know he could get into our school - I'm overwhelmed with joy. The cynic in me suggests that it's just a joke, but I ignore the little voice - I am simply way too happy, all bad thoughts shut out by this… this awesomeness.
The rest of my day goes by in a breeze - scented like roses and tasting like heart-shaped cookies with red sprinkles. One of my friends has gotten 3 roses already and none of us doubt that she will get more at the dance… but I couldn't be more ecstatic - this day is more than perfect.
After school I rush home, my best friend saying goodbye to me two streets before my house to go home and change for the dance herself - she's had a date for 2 weeks, but I doubt that she is any less exited than I am. When I enter the house, everything is still - my parents still haven't gotten home. I dart up the stairs and fall back on my bed, picking up the phone from the receiver.
Then I dial his number.
We talk for about an hour - at which point, his mom needs to use the phone. He seems so happy, so overjoyed, that I actually like him. I am, too… I'd have never thought that he would like me. But he does, and he's invited me to the dance, at his school. It's better there, where I don't know many people.
I tell my parents when they get home and they seem happy for me. "What time?" they ask, and my mom helps me choose a dress. I don't have time in advance to buy one, but the one that I wore to my winter recital is just as good - it's light pink and still fits me perfectly.
At 7 o' clock sharp, my date is at the house, and at 7:05 we leave to go to his school, meeting a bunch of his friends on the way. They don't know me but they seem really nice. One girl I know - she used to go to my school. When he's talking with the guys, we talk about how things are now in my school.
The dance is fun, and I notice that I'm not the only girl from my school - there are other people who I know that also seem to be here. The evening is fun - there's dancing and food and a contest, too. Several people compliment my dress and my date walks me home. Before we ring the doorbell, he smiles and leans in to kiss me. I kiss him back, happy as ever.
He looks at me for a moment, hugs me again, and then he's gone. I ring the doorbell and enter the house to the smell of freshly-baked cookies.
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Happy Valentines' Day! 461

http://www.pixelpuppy.net

Back to top Go down

Happy Valentines' Day! Empty Re: Happy Valentines' Day!

Post by Tolly12bells 2/14/2010, 5:07 pm

Aww, that's so adorable! Excellent, excellent. This story just made me smile.
Tolly12bells
Tolly12bells
Novelette Scribe
Novelette Scribe

Female Posts : 868

Back to top Go down

Post by PugsRock 2/14/2010, 10:23 pm

Aww, I love it. I would have smiled at the end, but I was eating a cookie and my mouth was full. xD But I smiled on the inside. Good job! Very Happy
PugsRock
PugsRock
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 7527

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 2/15/2010, 10:19 pm

So I read, like, the first line. xD I instantly had the urge to drink the helium, despite the fact that this particular helium isn't even real.

*continues reading*

OMG. :3 SOL, SOL, SOL. That was just too perfect. *sigh* I wish something like that could happen to me, but no, my Valentines Day was lame as usual. xD
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Happy Valentines' Day! 1312Happy Valentines' Day! 2412Happy Valentines' Day! 3349Happy Valentines' Day! 3548Happy Valentines' Day! 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Arianna 2/16/2010, 3:43 am

What does 'SOL' mean? ^^
Thank you, Shadow! x3 I appreciate it.
BTW, I have exactly half the amount of rep that you do... isn't that strange? xD
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 2/16/2010, 7:18 pm

Smiling Out Loud. nod (This is why I don't use it often. xD I'm like the only one who knows it.)

You're welcome. :3

Woah! Surprised Suddenly I'm tempted to ruin that by giving you another rep point. xD I haven't been giving out enough.
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Happy Valentines' Day! 1312Happy Valentines' Day! 2412Happy Valentines' Day! 3349Happy Valentines' Day! 3548Happy Valentines' Day! 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Arianna 2/17/2010, 2:41 am

Neither have I. xD
*gives Shad a rep point*
Someone else! Give both me and her a rep point so she can have twice as many as I do again! xD

I didn't know about that. I might use it sometimes too. xD
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by PugsRock 2/17/2010, 9:42 pm

Guess who made it equal?

Not me; they aren't half/half or whatever. But I gave rep! xD
PugsRock
PugsRock
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 7527

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 2/17/2010, 10:15 pm

Aww... that's so sweet. Smile
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!
Female Posts : 15981

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down