The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DeerDell Santuary; Book One - A Safe Place

+5
Jinx
Dragon Lover
Kat24
Nightowl
Noah the Flood
9 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

DeerDell Santuary; Book One - A Safe Place Empty DeerDell Santuary; Book One - A Safe Place

Post by Noah the Flood 7/5/2009, 11:20 pm

Deerdell Sanctuary
A Safe Place.
Maturity; Some Serious kissing,dating, fighting, and no laungage worse then crap
Fantasy; Magical Abialties, charmed forest, spirit animals

A chilling gust of wind blows around you and before you know it.....poof. There laying on your bed is a letter in a old paper envelope with a seal marked with an owl's face keeping it shut. Catiously...looking around your room you pick up the letter and carefully slide your finger under it to open it. It reads

Dear reader,
You might think bad of yourself..because you are different. You have a special abiality and you have either hid it, or its gotten out. Fear not however, you will soon be here if you choose. The place you are to come to is the old abandoned house in your town (Everyone one has one, I know you do) and you are to opened the door to see what lies ahead. Please come to the safe haven for our kind. Make sure you come packed with valuables...though one thing. No cell phones or video games and what-not. You may bring a music player, but that is as far as electronics go. See you soon.

Staring down at the paper, your eyes wide, you wonder how this letter got here....and if you should go to the house. You eventually, laying in bed that night, decide you are going to take the chance. You get up, pack clothes and valuables, and write a letter to your parents...explaining everything. In the dead of night you leave, heading for the creepy old house

Shakily you walk up to the door, glancing around you before opening it. Taking a deep breath you turn the door knob, pushing open the door. Black. Thats all there is. But suddenly, mist envelopes you and suddenly, you are standing at two tall pillars with flames atop them. A narrow but strong pathway leads into the forest...and posted on a wooden stake says the words;

Go foward to find you destiny.

You follow directions...slowly walking down the path until you come upon a large, castle like structure. It seems to stretch as far as possible left, and the same right. You walk up to the door and pull back the ring, knocking on the door. Suddenly, it swings open and there standing before you is a bald man, around his 50's, with a snowy owl that gave off a bright blue color perched on his shoulder
"Hello young one. Welcome to Deerdell Sanctuary, your new home"

Things you need to know about DeerDell
- Everyone has an ability, wether it be fire controling or moving things with thier mind, everyone is unique her.
- Everyone has a spirit animal. Theyar iven to you when you arrive, so go ahead and start using them
- Deerdell has, like its name, many deer in its forest.
- After the great stone wall, behind that is a path way leading to a large building with many rooms and coridors. There is a kitchen and a library in this building also.
- Outside there is a large fountin, a small play-ground like area, a rose garden, and a basketball court for those who want to use them for free time.
- No major electronics, only iPods and CD players are aloud.
- The animals are spirits (That can fight) so they CAN float around and go through walls.
- This is not a school. There are no lockers, text-books, etc that they have to use.
- Deerdell is in an enchanted forest that only people with abilities can get into.

Rules of Deerdell
- No cursing
- No using red or blue these are for mods and admins only
- Fill out the form correctly and the best you can
- Use your best grammar, no text speak.
- No dragons or mythical/extinct creatures as your spirit animal (Possibly, in the future a person might be a dragon or pheonix. But I will come to you, not you come to me)
- You can make monks, just one per person that wants to make one. Monks are above the age of 25.
- No making huge plots without talking to me first
- The animals are spirits, but can fight to help thier human companion.
- No vampires, were-wolves, etc.
- No pictures as descritions.
- Use (), [], or {} when out of character
- No perfect characters.
- Try to stay active!
- Type 'Deerdell Sactuary rules!' if you read the rules
- Please PM me ALL forms.
- Have fun!

Form
Name; (Characters first and last name, middle is optional.)
Age; (How old are they?)
Monk or student; (Says it all)
Gender; (Male or female)
Description; (What do they look like, personality, etc.)
History; (Optional)
Animal Spirit; (The name, animal, gender, and color of the glow it gives off)
Abiality; (Your characters abiality)

Form without Other things
Name;
Age;
Monk or student;
Gender;
Description;
History;
Animal Spirit;
Abiality;

Members;

Snakeboy130;
Master Ti-gun Sokin with his snowy owl Avada
Noah Sokin with his golden eagle Cobalt
Jacoby Dyruu with his barn owl Kona

Sparrow;
Jenna Flint with her barn owl Rim
Samual Flint with his leopard Avii
Grace Carson with her tabby Ceries
Robert Heikner with his bald eagle Sangri

Kat24;
Emma Ross with her ferret Rett
Lora Ross with kitten Micah

Dolphin Lover12;
Zoey Bankks with her jungle cat Keiran

Black Cat;
Mea Lancaster with her black cat Joseph

Cyn413;
Amber Griel with her ferret Thelia
Brad Griel with his lion Tyson

Shadowsowner888;
Marcus Tilling with his cougar Flay

(Sorry if this has to be approved, I wasn't sure or not)

Last edited by Snakeboy on 7/10/2009, 12:36 pm; edited 5 times in total
Noah the Flood
Noah the Flood
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Male Posts : 10544

Back to top Go down

DeerDell Santuary; Book One - A Safe Place Empty Re: DeerDell Santuary; Book One - A Safe Place

Post by Nightowl 7/5/2009, 11:29 pm

Name; Jenna Flynt

Age; 15

Monk or student; Student

Gender; Female

Description; Jenna has a somewhat strange appearance. Her eyes are a very dark, deep blue color - sometimes this iris is quite indistinguishable from the pupil. Her lashes are thick and dark, and her hair is the same color [raven black, that is], falling to the middle of her back. She always wears her hair down. The girl also has medium toned skin, not pale yet not quite tanned either. She is a fairly serious person, and rather mistrustful. She isn't the type to easily have a conversation with, but once you get to know her... that might change. You never know...

History; Perhaps... and only perhaps, she'll tell you.

Animal Spirit; Rim - a male barn owl with tidy feathers and unusually large spots on his back and wings. Gives off a light silver/white glow.

Ability; She can do certain things involving a certain material called stardust - but you can just call her a Starcatcher.

Other; Samuel Flint's twin sister

Name: Samuel [Sam] Flynt

Monk or Student: Student

Description: Sam is Jenna's twin - and this shows up in his appearance, but not his personality. His eyes are blue, but of a lighter color than those of his sister - they're more the color of the sky than anything. His hair is dark brown [almost black]: it's also carelessly and hopelessly messy. In height, Sam is a bit short, but not too much. He sometimes gets teased about this, but in the way he does everything, he takes it in his strife and brushes it off. Same is a relaxed guy: he likes meeting new people, and learning about new places. You would also find him pretty easy to talk to, most likely.

History: He'll probably tell you if you ask him.

Animal Spirit: Avii, a female leopardess with a ruby glow

Ability: Sam has control over Shadows - he can move them, manipulate them... whatever he wants to do.

Other: Jenna Flint's twin brother

Deerdell Sanctuary RULES!

[I'm using the same forms as from WI! Very Happy]
Nightowl
Nightowl
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Female Posts : 1041

Back to top Go down

DeerDell Santuary; Book One - A Safe Place Empty Re: DeerDell Santuary; Book One - A Safe Place

Post by Kat24 7/6/2009, 8:57 am

( I think I'll use the same forms as on WI. I liked 'em.

Name; Emma Ross
Age; 13
Monk or student; Student
Gender; Female
Description; She looks fairly punk, with her dark brown hair with red highlights, and makeup. She has electric blue eyes, slim and on the smaller side. Always wearing her faded black Chucks, a graphic t, and her ripped-up camo hat. She likes standing out, and practical jokes. Never without her iPod, she sees nothing wrong with randomly clapping her hands in time ot the music. Typically friendly, she can be slightly agressive.
History; She is Lora's twin. When they recived the notes, they I had no idea what to do, as no one knew about their powers. She finaly convinced Lora to come, becauses she wanted to be able to use her powers without fear of being found out, and all the trouble that would cause.
Animal Spirit; Rett, the male ferret, who gives off a black glow.
Abiality; She can controlwind, and often uses it to fly.

Deerdell Sactuary rules!

Name; Lora Ross
Age; 14
Monk or student; Student
Gender; Female
Description; Wavy, honey colored hair she wears down to her waist, Lora's more on the tall side with rosie cheeks. Emma's opposite in every way, except for her eyes, which are the same electric blue. The romantic type, she's shy but sweet, and prides herself on her intellegence.
History; Same as Emma.
Animal Spirit; Micah, the female kitten, who gives off a pale pink glow.
Abiality; She can control water- but only to make it rain. )
Kat24
Kat24
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Female Posts : 1386

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Lover 7/6/2009, 9:57 am

Name; Zoey Bankks
Age; 15
Monk or student; Student
Gender; Female
Description; Zoey is a girl of average height. She has long, pitch black hair that goes to about the middle of her black. Her eyes are a soft blue color that's dotted with darker blue. She's spindly and lanky yet--qualities that she highly dislikes--and looks fragile because she's so pale. But really, she's just as strong as any boy (she frequently flaunts this). She's a kind girl, but a bit shy and quiet at times. She loves being outside and just sitting around, thinking...
History; ; Zoey comes from an average home that she absolutely loved!...Sarcasm there...
She hated her old household. It was just her and her father against her wicked step-mom and her step mom's daughter. Her father only married the woman for the money she had; Pam (step mom) really hated Zoey for what she was and tried numerous times to...er...get rid of her.
Animal Spirit; A sleek black jungle cat named Keiran. He has a baby blue sort of glow.
Ability; Zoey can control plants. Sometimes. Sometimes her ability gets the best of her and, well....Let's just say Pam ended up with a blueberry perm for a few weeks. (He he he....!)

DeerDell Sanctuary Rules!
Dragon Lover
Dragon Lover
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

MATT II IS MY OLDER BROTHER! =D
Credit to Ave for my amazing siggie. [:
Female Posts : 9059

Back to top Go down

Post by Noah the Flood 7/6/2009, 10:39 am

(Accepted guys! Smile )
Noah the Flood
Noah the Flood
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Lover 7/6/2009, 10:54 am

{Yea! RP, snakey?}
Dragon Lover
Dragon Lover
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Noah the Flood 7/6/2009, 10:57 am

(Sure! Her and Noah?)
Noah the Flood
Noah the Flood
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Lover 7/6/2009, 11:00 am

{'Course!
You start Razz}
Dragon Lover
Dragon Lover
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Noah the Flood 7/6/2009, 11:02 am

Noah was walking quietly through the garden, Cobalt perched on his shoulder.
Noah the Flood
Noah the Flood
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Lover 7/6/2009, 11:03 am

Hesitantly I was wandering about, Keiran prowling at my side. "Are you sure we've come to the right place?"
"Positive."
Dragon Lover
Dragon Lover
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Noah the Flood 7/6/2009, 11:05 am

Noah looked over and saw a girl around his age...maybe a tiny bit younger. "Hello!" He called out with a smile, walking over
Noah the Flood
Noah the Flood
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Lover 7/6/2009, 11:06 am

I froze and glanced up. Blushing a little, (I'm a bit shy sometimes), I smiled back at him, "Oh, er, hi," I replied quietly.
Keiran growled, "Who are you?"
Dragon Lover
Dragon Lover
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightowl 7/6/2009, 11:07 am

[Anyone RP? Smile]
Nightowl
Nightowl
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Lover 7/6/2009, 11:08 am

{Yelly-oh, Sparrow! =D I would, but I only have Zoey and she's in use...sorry...=(}
Dragon Lover
Dragon Lover
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightowl 7/6/2009, 11:10 am

[That's fine, DL. Anyone else?]
Nightowl
Nightowl
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by Noah the Flood 7/6/2009, 11:11 am

"My name is Noah Sokin.." he said with a smile "Who are you?" He ignored the spirit animal, he was used to it.

(I have Hope who is 18 and Master Sokin who is Lord knows how old xD)
Noah the Flood
Noah the Flood
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Lover 7/6/2009, 11:13 am

"Zoey Bankks," I replied quietly with a slight shrug. "Nice to meet you, Noah...This is Keiran. A.K.A., pain in my butt."

"I'm no pain!"

"Yeah, that's what you think..." I snorted.
Dragon Lover
Dragon Lover
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Jinx 7/6/2009, 11:21 am

Name; Mea Lancaster
Age; 13
Monk or student;Student
Gender; female
Description;Short,at 4'9,with dirty blond hair just below the shoulder.Gray-blue and an oval face.Broad-ish nose and bangs.
History; ...
Animal Spirit; Joseph-Black cat,with brown unseeing eyes,gives off a pale silver light.Male
Ability; Connect with people by touching them.Few mental powers that can only be used unconsciously.

Last edited by Black Cat on 7/6/2009, 11:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Jinx
Jinx
Published Author
Published Author

{{Avvie thanks to Ave]

I wish I had covered all my tracks completely
'Cause I'm so afraid
Is that the light at the far end of the tunnel
Or just the train?~Tidal wave, Owl city.
Female Posts : 3205

http://www.playlist.com/playlist/17481697803

Back to top Go down

Post by Noah the Flood 7/6/2009, 11:22 am

"Ahh. Nice to meet you Zoey, and I supose its nice to meet you to Keiran" He said with a smile "This is Cobalt...he talks alot, but only when he has known you for awhile" he chuckled

The dark-blue giving off eagle on his shulder nodded his head, watching the jungle cat curiously
Noah the Flood
Noah the Flood
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Lover 7/6/2009, 11:24 am

"Cobalt...Cool name," I said with a smile and a nod to the bird. "Eagles are amazing creatures. Saw a few of them back home from time to time."

Keiran muttered things under his breath and stood close to Zoey as if protecting her.

"Will you back off? Haven't you ever heard of Personal-Bubble-O'-Space, Keiran?"

"No."
Dragon Lover
Dragon Lover
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Noah the Flood 7/6/2009, 11:26 am

"Yeah...so did I. Were you from?" He asked, tilting his head

Cobalt flew down to Keiran, landing on his head "Hello" He whispered.
Noah the Flood
Noah the Flood
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Lover 7/6/2009, 11:28 am

I smiled. "Ironically, I used to live on the banks of the Delaware. In New York, just above Pennsylvania." I replied with a shrug.

Keiran looked up. "Why are you on my head?"
Dragon Lover
Dragon Lover
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Noah the Flood 7/6/2009, 11:32 am

"Thats so wierd..I lived there for the first 6 or 7 years of my life" He said with a grin

Cobalt shrugged "I dunno"
Noah the Flood
Noah the Flood
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Lover 7/6/2009, 11:34 am

I giggled and tilted my head to one side, "Eh? I must've lived only a few miles away from you, then!" I laughed. "That's cool--you must've gone to a different school, though, because I don't remember you at all. I've lived there for a loooong time. Well, forever."

Keiran was growling. "Get. Off. Of. My. Head."
Dragon Lover
Dragon Lover
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightowl 7/6/2009, 11:36 am

[I'm making two more charries first. One moment.]

Name: Grace Carson

Description: Grace has a slender form and is a little under average height. Her eyes are dark green and speckled with hazel - although you would only notice this if you got up quite close to her. Her hair she almost always wears in a pair of braids that fall to her shoulders, and the color of it is dirty blond - almost brown. Grace never wears shoes unless she can help it, it's just a strange quirk of hers. As a result, she has very... strong feet, and can run quite fast. Grace loves both reading and writing, and is usually friendly. Don't get her mad though, because you'll definitely wish you hadn't.

History: Grace grew up in an average home, with parents that [surprisingly, and usually for a child with strange abilities] cared about and loved her. When she got the message, she simply left.

Spirit Animal: Ceries, a male tabby cat with a light orange glow.

Ability: Control of water

Other: DDS RULES.

Name: Robert Heikner

Description: Robert has brown-ish gold hair - it's a mix of the two - and his eyes are a bright green color. Height-wise, he stands a little shorter than most boys his age, and he makes up for more than that in strength, most likely. In his previous life, he was a swimmer, and in consequence he is very strong. His skin is tanned evenly but not too much, and you usually will find him wearing jeans and a t-shirt. In personality, Robert is a little bit of a trickster, and he is very friendly. He's quite the history geek, but he won't admit it to you unless you're patient enough to get it out of him. He, like Grace, will definitely hod a grudge.

History: Talk to him, and he'll tell you.

Animal Spirit: Sangri, a female bald eagle with a golden glow.

Ability: Music and sound

Other: DDS Rules.

[Which would you prefer me using, Snakey?]
Nightowl
Nightowl
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next