The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just a Story About Someone I Know

+3
Mordor
shadowsowner888
Hahaha818
7 posters

Go down

Just a Story About Someone I Know Empty Just a Story About Someone I Know

Post by Hahaha818 3/11/2010, 6:49 pm

This is a story I'm writing because I needed something to write about, and someone I know told me I should write about him. I won't use his real name because I don't think it's right to put someone else's name on the internet, even if I know the site is safe. So, anyway, Here goes nothing!!

One day, a boy named Michael Masterson was walking down the street on his way home from school. While he was walking, he got a text message. The message was from a friend he had met through his youth group. The message was a reply to his message that he sent first. It said, "Hey." The message Michael had sent was also, "Hey." He slid the phone sideways to reveal the full keyboard. He started typing. He wrote, "How's your day going?" and then he sent the message. While he waited for the reply, he started trying predict what the person he was talking to would say. He figured she'd say something like, "Terrible." When the reply came, Michael looked down at the screen. Sure enough, she had said, "Terrible." She's so predictable, Michael thought. Once again he slid the phone open. "I'm sorry," was his reply. He reached his house. He walked in, said, "Hi" to his 5-year-old sister then went to his room. Just as he was sitting down, another message came. This one said, "You should be." He replied, "No, I shouldn't." He stared at the ceiling waiting for the reply. He decided to get on the computer so he'd have something to do while he waited. Just as he got up, the buzzing of his phone told him he had a new text message. Michael pushed the button to read it. It said, "Yes, you should." He sat back down and started to type. He replied, "Y?" He sent the message. Then he got up went to his computer typed, "www.facebook.com" into the address bar then hit Enter. Another message came in just as Michael was logging in. This one simply said, "Because." He'd expected her to say something like that. "Because I'm awesome?" was the reply he sent to his friend. He finished logging in and quickly scrolled through the Homepage, just to see if any of his friends had anything interesting going on in their lives. He clicked on SocialInterview and was in the middle of typing an answer in when another message made his cell phone vibrate. "That don't make no sense," was what she had said. "Sure it does," was the message sent back. Michael finished typing in the answer to the question on his computer screen. The next question that came up was, "Do you ever text back and forth with Emma LaRue?" Michael had to laugh, for that was exactly who he was texting at that moment. He put in his answer which was, "Sometimes." He didn't feel it to be nessecary to share with all his friends that he texted her from morning 'til midnight. Another message came in. "Whatever," it said. "You're just jealous." He sent his message then turned his attention back to the computer. Michael got bored of SocialInterview and went to play a game called Dye Hard. In the middle of the second level, another message came in. He finished playing the level then read Emma's text. "Of what? You? In your dreams! And maybe not even there." Her replies were usually something sarcastic like that. "You know you love me." Michael sent that message then pressed the Spacebar on his computer keyboard to see which power-up he would get. Two more levels were played before another message came. This time it said, "No I really don't. Besides, you think everyone loves you." "Everyone does love me," was Michael's reply. The next message came after about three minutes. It said, "No, not really." Michael once again had to laugh. "Whatever." That was the reply he sent to her. He continued playing the game until he lost, which was at level ten. He texted Emma for the rest of the day. The conversation was mostly Michael saying how awesome he was and Emma trying to bring his ego down a few notches. And, frankly, Michael's ego needs to be brought down. If his head gets any bigger, he won't be able to fit through any kind of door.

The End

Michael was based on one of my brother's friends. His ego really is that big, he really thinks everyone in the whole world loves him and it's also true that if his head gets filled with anymore hot air, he'll end up floating away. This smiley actually kind of looks like him: pig Lol!

Last edited by Hahaha818 on 3/12/2010, 6:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hahaha818
Hahaha818
Short Story Writer
Short Story Writer

Female Posts : 412

Back to top Go down

Just a Story About Someone I Know Empty Re: Just a Story About Someone I Know

Post by shadowsowner888 3/12/2010, 4:13 pm

xDD Michael sounds like some people I know in real life.
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Just a Story About Someone I Know 1312Just a Story About Someone I Know 2412Just a Story About Someone I Know 3349Just a Story About Someone I Know 3548Just a Story About Someone I Know 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mordor 3/12/2010, 4:19 pm

Ha ha good story! I know alot of people like that.
And I enjoy texting.
Mordor
Mordor
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Female Posts : 2069

Back to top Go down

Post by Puckspaw 3/12/2010, 4:27 pm

Um... I think every guy in America is like that. nod Lol
Puckspaw
Puckspaw
Novelette Scribe
Novelette Scribe

Female Posts : 616

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 3/12/2010, 4:43 pm

Not every guy, Puck, trust me. xD I could name a few.
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Just a Story About Someone I Know 1312Just a Story About Someone I Know 2412Just a Story About Someone I Know 3349Just a Story About Someone I Know 3548Just a Story About Someone I Know 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Puckspaw 3/12/2010, 5:14 pm

Lol, ok not all, but most. And it doesn't mean that they're not nice or anything, they just tend to be a little overly confident.
Puckspaw
Puckspaw
Novelette Scribe
Novelette Scribe

Female Posts : 616

Back to top Go down

Post by pirox_2012 3/19/2010, 1:05 pm

There's a guy in my choir like that and our director told him that he should have his own bus just for his ego!
pirox_2012
pirox_2012
Flash Fiction Scrawler
Flash Fiction Scrawler

Female Posts : 55

Back to top Go down

Post by Hahaha818 3/19/2010, 3:42 pm

lol! That's awesome.
Hahaha818
Hahaha818
Short Story Writer
Short Story Writer

Female Posts : 412

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandy-Love 4/7/2010, 10:49 pm

Uhh, okay... cool!
Mandy-Love
Mandy-Love
Well-Known Author
Well-Known Author

My mom thinks I'm cool...(:

So that means i AM pretty friggin amazing...

Just a Story About Someone I Know ?total=15000&sofar=7700&base=2
Female Posts : 4444

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Brother 4/24/2010, 6:40 pm

This sounds alot like me
Big Brother
Big Brother
Inspired Novice
Inspired Novice

Back to top Go down