The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Advice

+5
SaddleClub
shadowsowner888
FOREIGN?!
Malicious Nightmares
Jade
9 posters

Go down

Advice Empty Advice

Post by Jade 3/17/2010, 3:19 am

Ok, so this is a kind of weird thing to be complaining about but I'm really skinny. This doesn't bother me, either way, I don't try to control what I eat or anything, so it's just natural (my mom, and like all of my sister have the same kind of build too). But the doctor has said that she thinks I need to gain more weight (how exactly...?) and then my friends are always making remarks. Especially this one friend who has confessed to being jealous of me for being skinny who always makes me feel kind of... guilty, because she'll be like "your so lucky that you're skinny." and then I feel like I have to say something, but what exactly?

Any ideas on how I should handle these problems? :/
Jade
Jade
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Female Posts : 2182

Back to top Go down

Advice Empty Re: Advice

Post by Malicious Nightmares 3/17/2010, 8:53 am

Duuudee... O,o Me and Izzie have this friend, her name is Nathalie, and she is WAYYYY to skinny! [And she has gas problems. >,> Toxicated gas. -,-]

I have no idea how you can gain a bit.. [Other then eating 24/7 and being a couch potato. XD]
Malicious Nightmares
Malicious Nightmares
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 19506

http://www.shadowfire.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by FOREIGN?! 3/17/2010, 8:59 am

I think there are some kinds of granola bars or something that make you gain weight. But, I saw it on Mean Girls so they may or may not exist. xD

Well, you could try eating less filling foods, so you can eat more. Like, steak, I think, isn't very filling (I can usually eat it forever, but that may just be me being a human stomach. *-*). Or you could try eating little snacks throughout the day. I think you aren't supposed to do that if you're on a diet, so it might work. nod

(P.S, I love your avvie. Whales ftw! Very Happy)
FOREIGN?!
FOREIGN?!
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Malicious Nightmares 3/17/2010, 9:06 am

I get full, fast. So.. even steak fills me up, fast. XD I think I could only have one. And then I'd die if I had more. XP

Nyway.. g'luck, Jade!
Malicious Nightmares
Malicious Nightmares
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 19506

http://www.shadowfire.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 3/17/2010, 4:25 pm

Just tell your friends that being skinny is overrated. nod (But only if you actually believe it. xD And you should, if the doctor's telling you to gain weight.)

As for gaining . . . sit in front of the computer for a few days in a row with some sort of snack food nearby, anything with a lot of carbs (LIKE COOKIES!), and nibble on it as you use the cpu. nod And have seconds at meals, and don't exercise.

I do hope you enjoy that. xD I'm trying to lose weight . . . so that's exactly what I'd like to do, but can't be.
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Advice 1312Advice 2412Advice 3349Advice 3548Advice 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Post by FOREIGN?! 3/17/2010, 4:56 pm

Or, maybe you could try eating a lot, and exercising. That would probably just keep you skinny, but it might give you some muscle or something. I dunno. o.0
FOREIGN?!
FOREIGN?!
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by SaddleClub 3/17/2010, 5:15 pm

If you want to gain weight, you could try eating more and excersicing/doing physical activites less, like everyone else has said. xD

However, if other members in your family have the same build, that might not work. My science teacher was talking about calories and stuff and he said that if people in your family are usually skinny even if they eat a lot, it might be in your genitics that you have a high metabolism or something. So eating a lot may not help in that case. =/
SaddleClub
SaddleClub
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 15853

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesus4Eternity 3/17/2010, 6:06 pm

Ask your doctor, 'cuz we're not medically trained. xD
Jesus4Eternity
Jesus4Eternity
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Advice Siggy
Advice SiggyAdvice Siggy
Advice SiggyAdvice Siggy
Female Posts : 16258

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyn431 3/17/2010, 6:25 pm

Right now I'm agreeing with what everyone's saying. But would you rather gain weight via fat or muscle?

If fat, have someone break your heart in a new way (that's totally shocking and surprising) every day for a few days so you can get a tub of ice cream and eat the whole darn thing while watching something on TV for a good five hours. xD And no exercise, at all, maybe walk across the hall to get more ice cream, but otherwise... no xDD

If muscle, continue your current eating habits, but WORK OUT! Do extra well in PE. Lift the eight-pound instead of the five. Whatever you can manage that doesn't go crazy for you (whether physically or financially). As long as your genetic makeup permits good muscles... IDK if there's a kind that wouldn't, but I'm not a doctor. *shrugs*

I probably didn't help much. Sorry. xD
Cyn431
Cyn431
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs. Amazon E Cullen 3/17/2010, 6:54 pm

Tell your friends that its better to be skinny than fat XD That's what I do.
Mrs. Amazon E Cullen
Mrs. Amazon E Cullen
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 9048

http://lovelyislovely.hot-me.com

Back to top Go down

Post by PugsRock 3/18/2010, 7:24 pm

This happened to me a few years back and I drank SlimFast. Haha, sounds weird, but that's what the doctor told me to do. I'm not a doctor, though! xD
PugsRock
PugsRock
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 7527

Back to top Go down

Post by Jade 3/19/2010, 2:55 am

Haha, some of these replies and making me laugh Smile

1st- The doctor didn't say anything like "Jade, this is very serious. If you don't gain weight you could DIE" it was more like "Jade, your a little on the low weight side. You should drink power fat drinks" and I'm scared to try a powder drink because it sounds gross.

2nd- I already eat like a ton of junk food xD Like seriously my diet is extremely unbalanced, about 50% of it is made up of doughnuts and chips Razz Maybe I should try eating less junk food... i dunno tongue

3rd- Pugs, does "slimfast" make you GAIN weight? XD
Jade
Jade
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by PugsRock 3/19/2010, 3:00 pm

I know that it makes you more full, and it has a lot of nutrients and vitamins and what not. xD
PugsRock
PugsRock
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Jade 3/19/2010, 8:39 pm

Ahh, ok Smile Well thanks for the suggestion.
Jade
Jade
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by PugsRock 3/20/2010, 5:37 pm

You're supposed to have it so you get more calories and drink it in addition to your regular diet.

You welcome. Smile
PugsRock
PugsRock
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down