The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

District Twelve [Private for Nightowl]

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

District Twelve [Private for Nightowl] Empty District Twelve [Private for Nightowl]

Post by rattyjol 3/25/2010, 10:41 pm

Hunger.

The people of District Twelve are no stranger to it. It's nearly impossible to survive here without experiencing it at some point in your life.

But it's nothing compared to what may await you if you're a child between the age of twelve and eighteen.

Every year, two children - one male, one female - are chosen from among the youth of the district. They, along with a boy and a girl from each of the other eleven districts, are sent to the Capitol of the great nation of Panem, and from there to the Games.

What Games, you ask?

The Hunger Games.

Good luck.

You're going to need it.

/-\~/-\

CAST of CHARACTERS:

MAIN players...
Althea Colt 16 years old ....... Rattyjol
Alexander Black 16 years old ....... Nightowl
Jesse Lyell 17 years old ....... Rattyjol/Nightowl

SUPPORTING players...
Mason Colt 19 years old ....... Rattyjol
Terri Colt 11 years old ....... Rattyjol
Callie Black 12 years old ....... Nightowl
Merin Black 12 years old ....... Nightowl

Last edited by rattyjol on 7/7/2010, 4:06 pm; edited 3 times in total
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!
Female Posts : 15981

Back to top Go down

District Twelve [Private for Nightowl] Empty Re: District Twelve [Private for Nightowl]

Post by Nightowl 3/25/2010, 11:52 pm

Characters:

Alexander Black - 16 - ♂
Description: Alex has dark brown hair, which is usually pretty messy. As for his eyes, the irises start out grey near the pupil, slowly fading into a blue color speckled with green. He looks pretty athletic, and he's tall, with a warm smile that it's hard not to smile back at.
Personality: Alex is a friendly person, and has a good sense of humor. He is observant, loyal, and trusts people easily - perhaps a little too easily sometimes. He loves his family fiercely, and puts them at a high priority, especially his little sisters of whom he is fairly protective. Most of the time, he will be quite open with people, and by nature doesn't try to hide things unless he is protecting someone else, and in those cases, he happens to be an excellent liar.

Merin Black - 12 - ♀
Description: Typical look for District 12; brown hair, coal dust grey eyes; slim and tall. She has a great deal of scars from her various mishaps; most of these are on her legs, forearms and the biggest, most noticeable runs from the right side of her forehead and trails down the side of her cheek. She got it when climbing a tree in the wintertime: she fell, scraping her face on a chunk of ice.
Personality: Merin has energy, and lots of it. You can tell by just looking at her; she seems to be constantly quivering, and would remind one vaguely of a drawn bowstring. She hates to show her own emotion, or pain, but is very compassionate towards other people.

Callie Black - 12 - ♀
Description: Looks a lot like Merin, who happens to be her identical twin, except paler and more fragile looking. And she's blind, which would probably explain the difference in appearance between her and her twin; she is always cautious and careful in the manner which she conducts herself, and can't do much physical activity because of her impairment.
Personality: Callie is a tender-hearted soul, but very timid and shy of nearly everyone aside from her family and a few very close friends from school. Even with these people, she never raises her voice and is always calm and composed.

Last edited by Nightowl on 7/7/2010, 3:57 pm; edited 3 times in total
Nightowl
Nightowl
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Female Posts : 1041

Back to top Go down

District Twelve [Private for Nightowl] Empty Re: District Twelve [Private for Nightowl]

Post by rattyjol 3/25/2010, 11:58 pm

(I shall. nod)

Althea: I was woken by a half-laugh, half-shriek. I sat up, pushing my messy black hair out of my eyes to see Mason holding Terri upside down by her ankles.
"Put me down!" she complained, though the fact that she was cracking up didn't seem to help her case. I quickly swung my legs over the side of the bed, lunging forward to tickle my little sister's unguarded belly. She shrieked, writhing as she laughed.
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightowl 3/26/2010, 12:11 am

(Oh, hey, question. Do they already know each other, and should they have plans to meet up later that day or something?)

Alexander: I was up rather early that morning, but somehow, I still hadn't managed to awaken before Callie, the youngest of my two sisters. She was at the table already, just sitting there, staring out through our single window. Well, not actually starting, I guess, because Callie's almost totally blind. I pulled up a chair and sat down beside her, and though she didn't look over at me as any other ten year girl would have, she smiled. "Good morning Xander."

Last edited by Nightowl on 3/26/2010, 9:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Nightowl
Nightowl
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 3/26/2010, 12:18 am

(IDK... maybe they know each other from school but not well? And then... um... they both go to the market or something and see each other and it just progresses from there? IDK. xD

So, about Jesse, I was thinking maybe she'll have a crush on him, and then just as she gives up on him and starts falling in love with Xander, he'll start crushing on her. nod)

Althea: After several minutes of this, our growling bellies forced us towards the smell of freshly-baked bread. Breathless from laughing, the three of us gathered around the old, rickety table and each reached in to tear off a good-sized chunk of the loaf. Our mother and father each took a piece as well and Mother put the other half of the loaf away for dinner before our parents and Mason started off for the mines and Terri and I were left alone for a few hours before school started.
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightowl 3/26/2010, 12:35 am

(Aha, sounds good.)

Alexander:"Morning," I replied, smiling even though I knew she couldn't see me. We just sat there for a while, until a sleepy Merin woke up and joined us, and then one by one, our parents. At that point, we all decided it would be wise to eat breakfast.
There is never much talking at the breakfast table at our house. Everyone prefers to be quiet, just enjoying the company of each other. It's nice.

Last edited by Nightowl on 3/26/2010, 9:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Nightowl
Nightowl
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 3/26/2010, 12:52 am

Althea: I munched slowly on my chunk of warm bread, my mind wandering.
Jesse.
An image of his face appeared in my mind's eye. Short, unusually blonde (for District 12, at least) hair framed his face. Mysterious blue eyes glimmered on his pale face and an ever-present half-smile curved up the corners of his mouth.
"Althea!"
Terri's yell in my face made me jump, jerking me back to the tiny, dirty house. "Huh? Yeah?"
She rolled her eyes. "You're doing that moony thing again."
"No I'm not!" I objected, trying to grab her so I could tickle her again.
She giggled and danced out of reach. "Althea's in love with Jesse, Althea's in love with Jesse..."
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightowl 3/26/2010, 12:58 am

Alexander: As soon as she was finished eating, and when I say that I really do mean the moment that she swallowed her last chunk of bread, Merin leapt to her feet and danced around the table, singing at the top of her lungs. See, it was kind of an unspoken rule in our house that immediately after breakfast, things became a considerable amount louder. I stood up and grabbed her around the waist, swinging her around in a circle. She gave me the biggest smile you could imagine. "Put me down!" she insisted, though I knew she didn't really mean it.

Last edited by Nightowl on 3/26/2010, 9:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Nightowl
Nightowl
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 3/26/2010, 1:04 am

Althea: "Althea's in love with Jesse, Althea's in love with Jesse..."
I lunged forward and grabbed her arms, pinning them behind her back.
"Let me go!"
"I'll let you go if you stop saying that."
"Deal."
I released her and she giggled. I was sure I was going to regret not phrasing that better but I'd deal with it later. Right now, we needed food.
"Market time," I announced, counting out a few coins from our meager home bank and slipping them into a small pouch, which I tied carefully to my belt before grabbing a large basket to carry the stuff home in.
"Race you!" Terri announced, taking off. I laughed and raced after her.
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightowl 3/26/2010, 1:10 am

Alexander:Mom's mouth lifted in a half smile. "Oh, you two!" She shook her head in mock admonishment. "Now, why don't you three head down to the market for a bit, and give your father and I some peace."
Callie stood, and nodded. "Okay! Let's go."
I grabbed my jacket and felt around in the pocket for coins. They were there, safe and sound.
And then, with Callie riding piggyback and Merin bouncing along beside me, humming, we set off for the market.

Last edited by Nightowl on 3/26/2010, 9:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Nightowl
Nightowl
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 3/26/2010, 1:18 am

Althea: Despite my longer legs, Terri had a definite advantage over me. She reached the market long before I showed up, panting. She hadn't even broken a sweat.
"How do you do that?" I demanded, trying to catch my breath. She simply grinned in reply and dashed into the market.
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightowl 3/26/2010, 9:52 am

Alexander: The three of us entered the marketplace together; Merin chattering away at me and Callie lying her head contentedly across my shoulder. "What do we get first?" I asked.
"Bread!" Merin said firmly, and scampered off to retrieve just that.

(I've got an idea! Callie and Merin or maybe just one of two should be good friends with Terri.)
Nightowl
Nightowl
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 3/26/2010, 10:42 am

(Okie dokes. cheesy)

Althea: I began with the fruit and vegetables stand, haggling over the price of greens and the like. When we'd finally settled on a price, I stashed the food carefully in my basket and turned to see that Terri had already dashed away again. I rolled my eyes and ran after her.
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightowl 3/26/2010, 10:45 am

Alexander: I set Callie on the ground, and she grabbed nervously for my hand. She's always shy in public places, mostly because she's worried about bumping into people. After we had caught up with Merin, who was now hopping on one foot as she talked to the owner of the bread stand, I pulled a coin or two out of my pocket and started bargaining with the woman.
Nightowl
Nightowl
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 3/26/2010, 10:48 am

Terri: "Hi Merin!" I hollered at the top of my lungs the moment I'd spotted my friend, speeding over to her.
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightowl 3/26/2010, 10:52 am

Merin: I squealed when I heard Terri's voice, and dashed towards her, nimbly avoiding a man with a large basket over his arm and a another girl. "Hi!" I shouted, trying to make my voice heard over the hubbub of the marketplace.
Nightowl
Nightowl
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 3/26/2010, 10:58 am

Terri: "What's up?"
Althea: I smiled and headed over to the bread seller.
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 3/26/2010, 11:02 am

(Ugh, school. xP I'll see you later.)
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightowl 3/26/2010, 11:02 am

Merin: "Not much." I grinned. "I'm just here with my brother and sister. And how're you?" Out of the corner of my eye, I could see Alex still gesturing at the bread seller. Obviously they hadn't agreed on a price yet.
Nightowl
Nightowl
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightowl 3/26/2010, 11:02 am

(Aw, that's sad. Sad See ya!)
Nightowl
Nightowl
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 3/26/2010, 7:28 pm

Terri: "Good," I replied cheerfully.
Althea: I waited patiently for my turn. I recognized the boy in front of me from school, but I didn't know his name and I'd never spoken to him.
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightowl 3/26/2010, 8:11 pm

Alexander: Finally, the woman relented and lowered her price slightly, so I paid and picked up the two loaves of bread we'd been arguing over for the last five minutes. My eyes searched the crowd for Merin, who was the one with the basket. Absently, I noticed that she was that one friend of hers, Terri, and that Terri's sister had been right behind me in line for the bread. "Mer! Get over here!"

Merin: "And there goes my brother again," I said, rolling my eyes. "I better go see what he wants, come on." And grabbing Terri's hand, I practically dragged her along as I marched up to Alex.
Nightowl
Nightowl
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightowl 3/26/2010, 11:27 pm

(Oh, and I should say. Tomorrow morning I'm leaving for a week long trip, so that's why I won't reply for next week or so. I'll PM you when I return, just so you know that I'm back and stuff. )
Nightowl
Nightowl
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 3/26/2010, 11:54 pm

(Aw, okay. xP I'll be gone next Friday through Sunday, though. Razz And then the Sunday after I'm going to Israel for two weeks and not allowed to bring my laptop... xP)

Althea: I smiled politely at the boy and began picking out a few loaves, already deciding my top price for them.
Terri: I skipped cheerfully after my friend.
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightowl 7/6/2010, 11:47 pm

Alexander: As I turn around, I see Merin hurtling towards me at great speed, and before a word can exit my mouth... she crashes into Terri's sister, who's name I still don't know, even after going to school with her for a while.

Merin: One moment I am running, the next, I'm lying facedown on the ground, my knee in excruciating pain. Vaguely, I notice that I've crashed into Terri's older sister, and that someone is whimpering quietly. I realize the person who's whimpering is me, and so I shut my mouth tightly; I'm not one to show my pain outwardly. But it still hurts.
Nightowl
Nightowl
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next