The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

District Twelve [Private for Nightowl]

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

District Twelve [Private for Nightowl] - Page 2 Empty Re: District Twelve [Private for Nightowl]

Post by rattyjol 7/7/2010, 12:11 am

Althea: I gasped in shock as something collided with my back, dropping the loaves of bread I was holding and falling forward. I caught myself with my hands just before my face hit the ground. Grimacing, I pushed myself upright, turning to look at the girl that had run into me. "Are you all right?"

(Ooh. Extra plot point. cheesy Maybe Merin or Callie should be picked at the reaping, and then Althea volunteers to take her place? cheesy Or was Alexander the one going to the Games...? I can't remember. Dx)
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!
Female Posts : 15981

Back to top Go down

District Twelve [Private for Nightowl] - Page 2 Empty Re: District Twelve [Private for Nightowl]

Post by Nightowl 7/7/2010, 12:21 am

Merin: "Ow..." I muttered, rolling onto my side. "I'm sorry," I added after I realized that Terri's sister, Althea, had spoken to me. "I'm... okay..." I said cautiously, not wanting to look at my leg. "Are you okay though?"

(Oooh. I can't remember which of them was gonna go - if it does end up being Althea, then I think Callie should get picked, as she's the mostly blind one, which obviously means she'd like... die... if someone didn't volunteer for her.)
Nightowl
Nightowl
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Female Posts : 1041

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 7/7/2010, 12:36 am

(Maybe it should be Althea and Jesse that go? smug Although both of them are my characters... We could share Jesse, if we did that. nod)

Althea: "Yes, I'm fine." I looked her over. "Is your leg hurt?"
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 7/7/2010, 2:50 am

(I made the front page more prettyful. cheesy)
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightowl 7/7/2010, 12:21 pm

(Ooooh! Very Happy Awesome ideaaa! And nice job with the front. Also, I will add charrie descriptions and stuff to my post soon, when I have time, okay?)

Alexander: "Oh, Merin, crazy girl," I chuckled a little as I bent over her. "You gonna be able to walk on that, little sis?" Most of the skin on her knee had been scraped off by the gravelly surface of the ground, and the remaining skin was embedded with tiny rocks and dirt - nothing that wouldn't heal, but still pretty nasty.

Merin: "I think so, Alex," I told my brother carefully as I sat up. You might have to help me though."
Nightowl
Nightowl
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 7/7/2010, 1:51 pm

(Yayyy. applause I shall go change Jesse to a main character played by both of us. grin)

Althea: "I'll help if you want to keep shopping," I offered, standing up and brushing off my pants. "I'm almost done here, and Terri can finish off the rest. It's good practice," I added firmly, cutting off her protest before it began with a hard look.
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightowl 7/7/2010, 3:36 pm

Alexander: "Well, actually, we only needed bread, which I have already," I said, shrugging slightly. "But help would be appreciated..." I paused, unsure of what this girl's name was.

Callie: I wasn't sure what had just happened - from the conversation I gathered that Merin had crashed into someone; hurting herself, again. Still holding his hand, I pressed closer to my brother's side. I'd always been blind, so I was used to it, but it still made me shy of nearly all people aside from my family.
Nightowl
Nightowl
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 7/7/2010, 3:59 pm

Althea: "Of course," I said with a smile. "I'm Althea, by the way," I added after a moment. "Althea Colt. You're the Blacks, aren't you?"
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightowl 7/7/2010, 4:02 pm

[Okay, two things: I added character descriptions to my post, and I had to change Callie's age to twelve in order that she be picked for the reaping so that Althea can take her place.]

Alexander: "Althea," I repeated, grinning. "Pretty name. Yes, that's us; I'm Alex, and this is Merin as you may have guessed, and her twin sister here, is Callie."
Nightowl
Nightowl
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 7/7/2010, 4:05 pm

('Kay. I'll go fix Callie's age but I'm not gonna put the descriptions in because it kinda kills the whole cast thing. xD)

Althea: "You're in my year at school, aren't you? I think I remember you."
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightowl 7/7/2010, 4:09 pm

[Yea, that's fine with me. Smile Thanks. xD]

Alexander: "I think so..." I said, pausing for a moment in thought as I gave Merin a hand and pulled her up to her feet. Cringing, she tried to put weight on her injured leg.

Nightowl
Nightowl
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 7/7/2010, 4:12 pm

Althea: I put a hand on her shoulder, supporting her.
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightowl 7/7/2010, 4:19 pm

Merin: "Thanks," I muttered, struggling to be polite. I couldn't straighten my leg properly; my knee just stung too much.
Nightowl
Nightowl
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 7/7/2010, 4:21 pm

Althea: I handed the rest of the money and the list of things we needed to Terri, and then glanced at Alex, waiting for him to lead the way since I didn't know where they lived.
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightowl 7/7/2010, 4:28 pm

Alexander: I started walking, still holding Callie's hand. I'd tell her occasionally, to watch for some sort of obstacle like a person or a rock.
Nightowl
Nightowl
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 7/7/2010, 4:30 pm

Althea: I continued to help Merin, following Alex.

(Gah. I really need to go to the library but I don't wanna get up. -.-)
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightowl 7/7/2010, 4:35 pm

Merin: I breathed a little sigh of relief when our house came into sight. I'd had enough of limping along oh-so-pathetically.

(Go to the library, because books are wonderful! Isn't that motivation enough? invisible trampoline)
Nightowl
Nightowl
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 7/7/2010, 5:34 pm

('Tis, 'tis. nod I had eight books on hold and they all came in... Haha. xD Good thing I remembered to bring a backpack. nod

...And my key. I'm home alone till around five PT and I was halfway out the door before I remembered it. ._.)

Althea: "Is this it?" I asked, looking at the house. "It looks nice."
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightowl 7/8/2010, 7:46 pm

[Eight. Books. Holycrapyou'resolucky. Sad I have nothing to read at the moment.]

Alexander: I chuckled slightly. "Thanks," I said, opening the door. "Do you want to come in for a moment?" Callie had already slipped inside, and was explaining the situation quietly to my mother.
Nightowl
Nightowl
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 7/8/2010, 10:28 pm

(They're all manga, though, so they don't last long. xD I brought eight manga, Death Note: How to Read, my Kindle, my sketchbook, my journal, and the two Hunger Games books. xD Plus my laptop and iPod. x.x No wonder I half died carrying my backpack through the airport... xD)

Althea: "Er... Sure, as long as I'm not interrupting anything."

(EDIT: Heh, called her Aldrea at first... That's a character in a book. Oops. xD)
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightowl 7/8/2010, 11:22 pm

[But stillll... books. I need books. Sad Haha. Any good recommendations?]

Alexander: I half shrugged, then said, "I guess you probably aren't, as my family's a little... disorganized."

Merin: I managed to hobble inside and sprawled myself on the bed, smiling with relief.
Nightowl
Nightowl
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 7/8/2010, 11:29 pm

(Death Note. Very Happy

It's all manga, though. xD Umm. Ooh, TimeJumpers by James Valentines. It's a trilogy (first one is The Past is Gone) and it's awesome. cheesy And Young Samurai by Chris Bradford, there's only two out in the US so far. The first one is The Way of the Warrior and they are AMAZING.)

Althea: I slipped inside, looking around with interest. I'd never really been inside many District Twelve houses besides my own - my friends and I often preferred the great outdoors - and I was curious to see how other families lived inside their homes.
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightowl 7/8/2010, 11:36 pm

[Hmm, not really into manga, but I will check the other ones out. Smile]

Alexander: I followed her in, taking in the familiar scene. In our house, there were two rooms; one where we all slept on mattresses on the floor (Merin could be seen through the open door, lying flat out on one of these mats) and the other with the table, the chairs surrounding it, and some shelves on the far wall. The shelves were wildly messy, containing everything from string to food to random scraps that we really had no use for.

[OH. Ideaaaaa. So, Jesse and Alex should be like, fairly good friends, and that will, I think, add a little more to the story. Since they both like Althea. cheesy]
Nightowl
Nightowl
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2