The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TORN FEATHERS

2 posters

Go down

TORN FEATHERS Empty TORN FEATHERS

Post by FOREIGN?! 3/26/2010, 2:42 pm

TORN FEATHERS

Dear Sir or Madam,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted to the St. Avias Academy for the Gifted Youth. You have been selected out of hundreds of other applications especially, and we would be quite pleased if you were to attend school here. Our education standards are exceedingly high, and you will be taught everything that a normal school would offer, with the exception of PE for combat class. If you choose to come, the first day of school is September 1. Bring all the belongings you will need, and enjoy your stay.

Sincerely, Headmaster Franklin.

******************************************************************************************

setting: St. Avias Academy for the Gifted Youth
    time of year: Fall
    weather: Starting to cool down, windy.

******************************************************************************************

BiOS:
    my characters

seth joseph farren: Seth is basically a normal seventeen year old boy... with the exception of the huge black wings on his back. The teen's body is tall and rather muscular because he's so active, which can be rather intimidating at times. Another intimidating feature of his is the large black wings attached to his back, but you already know about those. Just to match, his hair is also jet black while sort of shaggy so it grazes his ears and covers his forehead. Another one of Seth's defining features are his two eyes- which are a light speckled shade of grey. I'd like to say that he proves stereotypes wrong, but I'd be lying. Seth is just what he looks like, the strong and silent type. He hardly holds conversations with more than two sentences, two probably sharp pointed sentences. The only person he seems to ever talk to is his sister, Kristen, but still at that he doesn't talk much. Seth is actually a very protective type; especially of his sister. I wouldn't touch her if I were you. That might earn you a broken nose. Just saying.

kristen annejuliet farren: In certain aspects, Kristen is the complete opposite of Seth. Other ways, they're exactly alike. Odd, I know. First of all, her long wavy red hair sort of sets you off the track that they are related anyhow, but her speckled grey eyes- just like her brother's- reassures you again. Kristen's frame isn't as strong and intimidating as Seth's of course, it's actually fairly petite and lithe, making her very quick and hard to catch. She isn't as quiet as her brother, though she doesn't talk as much as a normal 16 year old girl. A bit of a wallflower, I'd say. Until she gets passionate or fired up about something, thats when the wallflower turns into a venus flytrap. Her wings, unlike her sibling's, are mostly white except for some nearly gold tips of her feathers.

nightowl's characters

cadence avalon: Candence is built quite small; she's short and slender, even at age sixteen. With dark purple-blue wings and violet colored eyes, she can have a rather striking appearance. Her hair falls slightly past her shoulders and is glossy chestnut brown, slightly wavy. She looks almost nothing like her twin brother but the two share a pretty strong bond, so don't get between them. Ever. Although she tends to be bouncy and cheerful, don't let this fool you: behind those pretty purple eyes is a cunning mind that's constantly turning. And don't under estimate her by looks either: she's unusually strong for her size.

jamie avalon: With sandy brown hair and dark blue eyes, Jamie looks like an average sixteen year old of medium height and fairly muscular build. Until you see his wings, that is. Those big white wings which make him different from pretty much every other teenager on the planet. The feathers are prominently white, with brown speckling on the wingtips and at the part where the wing meets the shoulderblade. Unlike his twin, Jamie isn't talkative, but unless you've given him a fairly good reason to not trust you, he'll be friendly. And once you've given him enough good reasons to trust you, he'll be extremely loyal.

Last edited by FOREIGN?! on 3/26/2010, 3:12 pm; edited 2 times in total
FOREIGN?!
FOREIGN?!
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

TORN FEATHERS Empty Re: TORN FEATHERS

Post by Nightowl 3/26/2010, 3:03 pm

[Cadence Avalon]
Cadence is built quite small; she's short and slender, even at age sixteen. With dark purple-blue wings and violet colored eyes, she can have a rather striking appearance. Her hair falls slightly past her shoulders and is glossy chestnut brown, slightly wavy. She looks almost nothing like her twin brother but the two share a pretty strong bond, so don't get between them. Ever. Although she tends to be bouncy and cheerful, don't let this fool you: behind those pretty purple eyes is a cunning mind that's constantly turning. And don't under estimate her by looks either: she's unusually strong for her size.

[Jamie Avalon]
With sandy brown hair and dark blue eyes, Jamie looks like an average sixteen year old of medium height and fairly muscular build. Until you see his wings, that is. Those big white wings which make him different from pretty much every other teenager on the planet. The feathers are prominently white, with brown speckling on the wingtips and at the part where the wing meets the shoulderblade. Unlike his twin, Jamie isn't talkative, but unless you've given him a fairly good reason to not trust you, he'll be friendly. And once you've given him enough good reasons to trust you, he'll be extremely loyal.

(I like it! Just fine the way it is. And I'll be working on better formatting for my posts but this is good enough for now.)
Nightowl
Nightowl
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Female Posts : 1041

Back to top Go down

Post by FOREIGN?! 3/26/2010, 3:16 pm

(Great! Very Happy So, do you want to post first or have me post first?)
FOREIGN?!
FOREIGN?!
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightowl 3/26/2010, 3:51 pm

(I'll go first since you did the thread. Razz)

[Cadence Avalon]
I am not the sort of person who tends to get nervous. But on September 1st, the day Jamie and I arrived at St. Avias Academy, there was a tight knot of anxiety in my stomach.
The stone building loomed before us, different than any school we'd ever gone to before. But I guess it makes sense. Jamie and I, well, we're different too. Unlike you, we both have wings.

[Jamie Avalon]
Looking over at Cadence, I attempted a smile. She grinned back, tentatively, and I knew without either of us speaking a word that she was incredibly nervous. I put my hand on her shoulder, and then spoke. "Well. We're here..." A quick glance at the crumpled letter in my hand confirmed it: at the bottom of the paper there was a little symbol - a picture of the building we saw before us framed by glossy feathers.
Nightowl
Nightowl
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by FOREIGN?! 3/26/2010, 5:30 pm

a freak of nature - stuck in reality - i don’t fit the picture - i'm not what you want me to be - under the radar
out of the system - caught in the spotlight - that's my existence - you want me to change - but all i feel is

TORN FEATHERS Strang10

SETH JOSEPH FARREN
Seth grinned, closing his eyes. Flying was one of the very few things that could make him smile like a goof. He leaned to the right, swooping under his sister's golden wings and ending up level with her on the other side. Even though hers were glowing much more than his, they both shone as the bright sun bounced off their feathers. Seth and Kristen were just taking a bit of a joy ride because they had gotten to the academy early. They had left for St. Avias as soon as they got the letters, because for them, home wasn't the best place they knew. Lets leave it at that.

KRiSTEN ANNEJULiET FARREN
I rolled my eyes, my brother looked absolutely ridiculous. Around everyone else he was a rock- a rock with a glare- but around me he didn't feel like warning me before he had a weird moment. I couldn't help but smile, though. He isn't really a happy guy, so who am I to deny him of a happy moment? He then swooped under me and came out on the other side. I glanced down at the castle below, it looked particularly magnificent today. The white stone gleamed under the sun like a sheet of metal; it actually hurt my eyes a little. I looked back up at the sky, and felt like Seth did. I guess the rush of flying can make anyone a little loopy. Curling in my wings, I did a quick corkscrew and stuck them out again, laughing. Then, as my eyes grazed the scene below I saw two figures below. I nudged Seth a bit with my wing, and motioned down to them. He sighed and nodded, and I sloped my wings down as I descended. He knew that I'd been dying for others to come to the academy, but because he isn't the most sociable person around, he stayed out of this one.
FOREIGN?!
FOREIGN?!
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightowl 3/26/2010, 6:42 pm

--[Cadence Avalon]--
"Yeah," I repeated. "We're here." I arched my back, letting my wings unfold and shake loose in a flurry a dark purple feathers. "And it's a really nice day. Why am I even nervous?" I could sense my usual talkativeness returning, just a little bit. My brother nodded, unfurling his own wings - which, I might add, are much prettier than mine; pure white with speckles at the tips - and dropping his backpack casually to the ground. I grinned at him in eager anticipation of his reply, which just so happened to be: "Let's fly."

-------

**[Jamie Avalon]**
I didn't wait for Cadence to say anything more to me. I was already taking a quick running start and pushing myself skyward, letting the air catch under my wings... and tumbling unceremoniously back to the ground, having bumped into a girl with gold and white wings, who apparently had been just about to land. And I, not looking before I leapt, was definitely the one at fault. From my awkward position in the dirt, I could hear Cadence's derisive snort.
"Fail," she muttered, and offered me her hand.
"Thanks, Cadence," I said dryly as I stood and brushed myself off.
"Are you okay?" I asked, turning to the other girl in concern. "I'm so sorry, I really should look where I'm going..."

(Pretty template. Razz)
Nightowl
Nightowl
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by FOREIGN?! 3/26/2010, 10:15 pm

a freak of nature - stuck in reality - i don’t fit the picture - i'm not what you want me to be - under the radar
out of the system - caught in the spotlight - that's my existence - you want me to change - but all i feel is

TORN FEATHERS Strang10

KRiSTEN ANNEJULiET FARREN
One moment I was flying; floating on air. The next I was groaning; sitting on dirt. "Ugh..." I murmured, clutching my head in pain as I struggled to stand up as I saw a boy in front of me and a girl standing behind him. He looked a bit jolted up too, so I'd say that he's the one I crashed into. I'm still not sure as to how, though, but I did just crash my head into the ground. It took me a few seconds to realize that the guy was talking to me, and asking if I was okay. "Oh, y-yeah I'm fine," I stammered, assuming that I was guilty of the crash. I was, probably, I can get pretty klutzy at times. "Sorry, this is all my fault, I was just coming down to greet you guys and-" I was a bit cut off as I saw Seth drop from the sky like a feathered black bombshell, a look of fury in his eyes.

SETH JOSEPH FARREN
Seth floated around, watching his sister fly down to meet the newcomers. His gaze then averted to some falcons in the distance. He watched them eagerly, trying to get a better view, as he glide over a bit closer he looked back to make sure Kristen was okay. That was when he saw the two other standing up and her crumpled on the ground. Immediately, he assumed the worst and bolted over to where they were, dropping like a rock until he was standing among them. He automatically walked over to her, slightly jolting the others out of the way, and holding her shoulders. "I leave you for one moment... what happened?" he asked, certain that they had intentionally hurt her somehow. His hands formed fists as he awaited her answer... oh boy.

(Thanks! I've been dying to use it for forever. Rolling Eyes)
FOREIGN?!
FOREIGN?!
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightowl 3/26/2010, 10:44 pm

[Cadence Avalon]
"No, it's my fault, really..." Jamie insisted apologetically.
I didn't say anything: this was not my issue to deal with, seeing as I hadn't been the one not looking where I was going. Not that I didn't feel sorry far that girl - whoever she was - she looked a little out of it, and from what I could see she had hit harder than my brother. And then a rather angry looking boy landed among us, shouldered past, and walked up to the girl, grasping her shoulders.

-------

[Jamie Avalon]
From the way this new guy was standing, I could tell he was pretty angry - probably at me for knocking the girl over. I shrunk back instinctively, a little tense in the shoulders, ready to spring away at a moment's notice, my eyes warily trained on the pair. I could vaguely hear him asking what happened, and I hoped that he'd believe it was an accident. Though I'm good with my wings, he looked stronger, and faster... but I would try not to worry about that until actually knowing whether he was going to turn on me or not.

(As you should! It's far better than mine, which needs major improvement. xD)
Nightowl
Nightowl
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightowl 3/26/2010, 11:29 pm

(And I should tell you this so that you don't wonder why I'm not replying... tomorrow morning I leave on a week long trip with my youth group, and I'll PM you when I get back so that you know when I've replied and stuff. )
Nightowl
Nightowl
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by FOREIGN?! 4/2/2010, 9:51 pm

there's no combination of words
i could put on the back of a postcard
TORN FEATHERS Kriste10
no song that i could sing
but i can try for your heart

KRISTEN ANNEJULIET FARREN
          "Really, Seth, you're overreacting," I said, taking hold of his arms and
          moving his hands off of my shoulders. "Overreacting? One moment you're
          flying near the ground, the next, I see you like..."
          He gestured to me.
          "This!" I sighed, he was definitely overreacting. A whole lot. "Seth, listen to
          me,"
          I pleaded as he started to turn around- probably to mug the guy I ran into
          or something- but I reached out and stopped him. "He was taking off, I was
          landing, we just sort of ran into each other, it was an accident. I repeat,
          accident,"
          I emphasized the word 'accident' and rolled my eyes; Seth could
          be so stupid some times. Maybe all guys are like this, I don't really meet many
          that often because of him, but my brother is so dang protective sometimes it's
          like he things I'm completely defenseless. I. Am. NOT. I should get angry at him
          more often, then maybe he'd see the damage I'm capable of. Though, knowing
          me, I know I'd never be able to do more than a scowl at Seth. He has done a lot
          for me, so I guess I owe him some protective rights.

no combination of words i could say
but i will still tell you one thing
WE'RE BETTER TOGETHER

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DO YOU KNOW WHAT'S WORTH
FIGHTING FOR WHEN IT'S
NOT WORTH DYING FOR?

TORN FEATHERS Seth_b10

SETH JOSEPH FARREN

Overreacting? Overreacting? Seth thought as Kristen moved his hands from
        her shoulders. He had just seen her sitting on the ground, nearly lifeless,
        swooped down and nearly pummeled the guy who did it to her, and this was
        the thanks her got? Seth glanced over at the boy, doing his best 'you're lucky
        I didn't kill you' look that was a little overkill itself, and turned his head back
        to Kristen. She explained to him what had happened, and assured him that it
        wasn't intentional at all. Seth merely narrowed his eyes, nodded slowly, and
        turned around. "Sorry," Was the only word he spoke, and then turned back to
        his sister. "Alright, now hurry up and lets get back to our flight," He said
        quickly and walked back a little, simply standing in the background.

DOES IT TAKE YOUR BREATH AWAY
AND YOU FEEL YOURSELF SUFFOCATING?

post statuses both done. :3
notes I sincerely apologize for the huge new templates; I couldn't resist. Heh... *runs away*
kristen's outfit jeans, blue tank top, hair down in a mess.
seth's outfit he doesn't feel like telling you.
credit template and post content, mine. lyrics for kristen's template; better together - jack johnson. for seth's; 21 guns - greenday. kristen's picture is by ohmyemily of CAUTION.
faceclaims seth: sam way. kristen: jeisa chiminazzo.
FOREIGN?!
FOREIGN?!
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by FOREIGN?! 4/7/2010, 8:39 am

(Sarah?)
FOREIGN?!
FOREIGN?!
Novel Creator
Novel Creator