The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

broken feathers and torn dreams

4 posters

Go down

broken feathers and torn dreams Empty broken feathers and torn dreams

Post by LE COCO VOUS AIME 2/15/2010, 12:55 pm

Two wolves species, one ordinary, one fantasy, clash together, struggling to survive in the changing world. One is just every-day wolf, the timbers, and another, a wolf that had just stepped out of your dreams, the Archangel.

Everyone knows that the Archangels do wield powers, either harmless or dangerous, also known as Elemental. It could make a withered plant grow healthy again, move thunderstorm clouds, or even create forest fires. It's bad enough for the timber wolves. But there's a small group of Archangels trying to find way to make their Elemental power reach to the limitless levels, this could kill their current homeworld and all its surviving species. Not all Archangels agree with this idea, nor all timbers disagree with this idea.

So do you have the courage to choose the side?

A P P L I C A T I O N

Name:
Species:
Appearance:
History:
Pack:
Other?:

W E A T H E R
broken feathers and torn dreams Vh6ahd
M I D S P R I N G
it's getting warmer + short rains

Any traces of last winter's grip had faded away, and the sun's rays are starting to warm the land up. The birds who had gone abroad for the winter are beginning to return.

Last edited by LE COCO VOUS AIME on 2/15/2010, 1:00 pm; edited 2 times in total
LE COCO VOUS AIME
LE COCO VOUS AIME
Flash Fiction Scrawler
Flash Fiction Scrawler

Female Posts : 55

Back to top Go down

broken feathers and torn dreams Empty Re: broken feathers and torn dreams

Post by LE COCO VOUS AIME 2/15/2010, 12:55 pm

R A N K S
The ranks are what build a pack, both Archangel and timber have similar ranks but with some addition to Archangel's.

R A N K [ n u m b e r i n t h e p a c k ] in which pack

A L P H A [ 2 ] timber/archangel
The leader of the pack, alphas sometimes also called the "leaderwolf". Normally there's two alphas; one male and one female, the main breeding pair [if you want to have your non-alpha wolf to breed, try to get the permission from your pack alpha - but keep in mind that they could say no]. The leaderwolf makes the final decision of the pack, and is unlikely will be challenged for his/her decision unless it's challenging season.

B E T A [ 2 ] timber/archangel
Betas is like advisors to the alphas, and they are the second breeding pair - they don't actually need the permission to have offspring. Like alphas, betas should be a male and a female. They can make decision that aren't life-changing.

T E L L E R [ m a x 1 0 ] archangel pack only
Tellers, or storytellers, are the most respected wolves that aren't leaders. Like their name suggests, tellers do tell stories, and if a wolf needs some advice they come to the teller. Normally the tellers are wise, but not all.

H U N T E R [ u n l i m i t e d ] archangel pack only
Like the name represents, hunters are the Archangel who hunts for their pack. Normally alpha would choose the wolves who are good at hunting to have them promoted into hunters.

M O T H E R [ u n l i m i t e d ] timber/archangel
Simple, a mother is a wolf who is rearing pups.

S U B O R D I N A T E [ u n l i m i t e d ] timber/archangel
The normal rank for every pack - their jobs are hunting [timbers only], fighting or tracking.

P U P [ u n l i m i t e d ] timber/archangel
The babies of the pack 8D

O M E G A [ m a x ] timber/archangel
The lowest ranked wolf, and an insult. The omega often is pushed around by the higher ranked wolves. The wolves ranked higher than omegas often have their fury targeted to the lowest ranked wolves.
LE COCO VOUS AIME
LE COCO VOUS AIME
Flash Fiction Scrawler
Flash Fiction Scrawler

Back to top Go down

Post by LE COCO VOUS AIME 2/15/2010, 1:01 pm

T H E  E L E M E N T A L S

W H A T  I S  A N  E L E M E N T A L ?
The Elementals are the raw power from Earth that only, only, Archangels can wield. All beings have some natural power that allows them to suck up some raw elements from the Earth. But Archangels do leech the most, and they have some instincts, some hidden knowledge how to use the elements. Some said it's because of their mystical nature; Archangels do not come from Earth, from its evolution. They just appear one day and started to breed on the world.

S O  W H A T  I S  T H E  A D V A N T A G E S  A N D  D I S A D V A N T A G E S ?
The advantages are that they [Archangels] are much more developed than any other beings, and they're allowed to tamper with Mother Nature slightly, but they can't do much more than starting forest fires, growing a tree speedily, or creating some small tsunamis. That's pretty much all. And the disadvantages are the limited power. Though they are capable of healing skillfully, but they cannot heal severe wounds, or bring the dead back. And whenever they use the Elementals, they

I S  T H E R E  T Y P E  O F  E L E M E N T A L S ?
Indeed. When I said "starting forest fires", that is Fire Elemental; and "growing a tree speedily" is a Natural Elemental. And so forth. Types and specific actions listed below.

F I R E  E L E M E N T A L S

( B A S I C )
  B O I L I N G  T A L O N S / F A N G S
This power doesn't display any physical form of a fire, just its heat. fur and flesh. However, if the Archangel touches himself, this power may burn him as well. The heat can be channeled into the earth again, causing the claws and canines to become normal weapons again.

  B L A Z I N G  F U R
This power is displayed in the same way as above, but with the coat instead of the fangs and claws. Whenever someone feels anger, desire, or another strong emotion, the heat radiates through the fur. It can be hard to cage in. Only rarely [either unexpectedly or if your Archangel knows how to] the fire will actually smolder at the tip of every fur on his body.

  S M A L L - S C A L E D  P Y R O K E N I S E S
This ability allows the owner to start fires. But it's basic; it's not going to start forest fires. You might wanna to see "ADVANCED PYROKENISES" if you want to ignite greater flames. Small-scaled pyrotechnics are enough to roast a small snack, such a mouse or vole.

  F I R E  R E S I S T A N C E
Simple -- this ability does not allow the wielder to be harmed by the fire, nor by its extreme heat. But this sometimes wanes...then the fires could burn the fur, but the flames will never harm the wolf's flesh.

  F I R E  S P I N E
With this power, your Archangel's feathers will be replaced with wispy flames. Sometimes this ability will burn off the feathers and bits of fur, but it will never actually harm the owner. Why? Because this power also gives a bit of fire resistance to the wolf.

( A D V A N C E D )
  A D V A N C E D  P Y R O K E N I S E S
Unlike its smaller relation, small-scaled pyrokenises, this power allows the wolf to create much bigger fires, and shapes it the way he wants. Sometimes by accident [or deliberately] this ability starts forest fires. After this occurs, the wolf normally will either exiled or killed. This shows how dangerous this power is.

  F L O O D  B A S A L T
Yes, this power was named after this phenomenon. The Archangel can make lava from Earth's center rise up through the ground, through the cracks it caused. Then lava would spread along ground, and sometimes erupts. Kinda like a ground volcano. Most times, it would be small, but still deadly. Only those handfuls can do much much bigger flood basalts. As soon the owner was found having this power, they have to immediately sent into tutoring how to contain it.

  R E D  R A I N
Basically, this skill tampers with the sky, and weather, sending down the rain of fires. Yes, fire rain. It can destroys anything it touches, and like advanced pyrokenises, it may causes fires to spread in the forests. Anyone who wield this power have to be extra careful with their emotions, as normally strong feelings will trigger the blue sky into red, then fire falls down.

W A T E R  E L E M E N T A L S

( B A S I C )
  U N D E R W A T E R  B R E A T H I N G
Yup, this power allows the wielder to breathes underwater. This happens when the wolf absorbs some oxygen from the water through their skins, into blood. How? This power gives the wolf a special skin system that allows only oxygen, and nothing else, to go through. No one really had figured out fully how this works.

( A D V A N C E D )
LE COCO VOUS AIME
LE COCO VOUS AIME
Flash Fiction Scrawler
Flash Fiction Scrawler

Back to top Go down

Post by LE COCO VOUS AIME 2/15/2010, 1:04 pm

THE ARCHANGEL
broken feathers and torn dreams X6n32o
P H Y S I C A L

B O D Y
The body of normal Archangel often ranges in many colors, some black, and some even could be blue, but no too bright colors. The body frame is usually a bit sharp, revealing the shoulder and spine bones, but the denseness of the fur often make the sharpness of the frame hidden. And there's one more thing; the body is slightly heavy for the legs of an Archangel, so that's why Archangel often seen resting.

1 - F E A T H E R S
The feathers along the Archangel's spine is probably the first thing that would grab your eyes; how many wolves with feathers do you see nowadays? The feathers range in many different colors - it could be white, or black. It could even show the whole colors of rainbow. Flattened [but relaxed] feathers often mean the Archangel could be feeling confident, and satisfied, whereas rigid and flattened feathers often portray whenever Archangel is feeling uneasy, and uncomfortable. Raised up feathers almost always show the domination between Alphas, or to show aggression.

2 - E Y E S
The eyes probably are the most freaky outer part of the Archangel's body. It usually is pale in color, such as white [the most common color], pale yellow or blue. The iris seems to fill whole eyeball, without a slightest hint of white. About the pupil, it often appears invisible or in a very faded color, it's very rare to see an Archangel with dark eyes or clearly visible pupils [if you want to have Archangel character with dark eyes or visibly pupils, PM me].

3 - L E G S
The legs of Archangel are bit more longer than those of timber's. The legs are also spindly than the muscles of everyday wolf's. The legs do give some advantages to Archangels; they can run much faster, and jump much higher. As always with advantages, there's some flaws, the body of Archangel is too heavy for legs to support, so the feathered wolves can't travel long distance with stopping and rest many times. Much more than timbers would stop.

4 - T A I L
The tail have no significant traits, except it's much shorter than the tail of timber. It is also much more thicker, with either muscles or fur, or even both.

+ + + +

S O C I E T Y

Most Archangels tend to avoid most species [this could include wolves] except when they're hunting. The only creature that they're comfortable with is each other. Right, and they either found as loner or a member of a pack - just like ordinary wolves. The rank in pack, again, is like a timber's pack; alphas, betas, subordinates and pups - with some additions; Tellers [or storytellers], hunters and mothers.

[no, there's no healers or something like that - all wolves were taught how to heal themselves, and only some Elder Tellers can read the stars]

+ + + +
LE COCO VOUS AIME
LE COCO VOUS AIME
Flash Fiction Scrawler
Flash Fiction Scrawler

Back to top Go down

Post by LE COCO VOUS AIME 2/15/2010, 1:08 pm

P A C K  L I S T I N G S
A R C H A N G E L  P A C K S

K I N  F E L L

Not fall but fell as in mountain. But Kin Fell isn't that big mountain, but small one, it can be easily mistaken for a big hill. The landscape here seemed is just scattered rocks and grasses, but it's huge land. Plenty of area to hold a packful of archangels.
++++

BELATU-CADROS PACK- no leader yet
B E T A S- no betas yet
T E L L E R S- no tellers yet
H U N T E R S- no hunters yet
M O T H E R S- no mothers yet
S U B O R D I N A T E S- no subordinates yet
P U P S- no pups yet
O M E G A S- no omegas yet

D E N S E  V A L L E Y

Why is this valley named dense? It's because of thick grey mist so often seen swirling in the sky, blocking out the sun. Below the darkening mists the valley floor is unnaturally bright green. It's curious that how the grasses and plants of Dense Valley thrive under no sunlight.
++++

PA'CHUUA PACK- no leader yet
B E T A S- no betas yet
T E L L E R S- Kakoli (COCO)
S U B O R D I N A T E S- Taint (FOREIGN)
P U P S- no pups yet

B L A C K  M E A D O W

With a volcano; Spire Mountain nearby it's not shocking that whole of the meadow is black, covered with cold lava and ashes. This meadow used to be popular area for deers, but all left now is the mice and lizards. But then Archangels are tough enough to survive here.
++++

NYXIENT PACK - no leader yet
B E T A S- no betas yet
T E L L E R S- no tellers yet
P U P S- no pups yet

T I M B E R  P A C K S

S W A M P  G R O V E

Which one is this place; the swamp or the grove? Some wolves think this whilst another think that. No one knows. Like most grove there's some trees, pretty plants and grasses around and in the middle of muddy water of a swamp. This place is uncomfortable muddy for most animals, yet so comfortable with soft slope of grass and shading of trees.
++++

EIDELWIN PACK- no leader yet
P U P S- no pups yet

R E G I O N  F O R E S T

A many acres of lands with trees and mosses, it's massive. But it's not so thick for that most trees are thin and weak. That's because of the tall trees. They cover the weak with their dense leaves, blocking out most of the sun, making the weak plants difficult to get enough sunlight. Yet they're alive, that's because of the thick stream along the ground full of nutrients.
++++

SA'HAANI PACK- Malati (COCO)
P U P S- no pups yet

S T O N E  H I L L

What Stone Hill?! It's not literally hill made from stones. But the wolves didn't know this is that the stones are the ruins of ancient castle. Yeah, so this hill is full of scattered stones, obviously. At the top of the hill stood a stone building, to human, it's a barn, but to wolves it's a temple. A shelter from the winds or rain.
++++

VALHALLA PACK- no leader yet
P U P S- no pups yet

Last edited by LE COCO VOUS AIME on 2/15/2010, 9:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
LE COCO VOUS AIME
LE COCO VOUS AIME
Flash Fiction Scrawler
Flash Fiction Scrawler

Back to top Go down

Post by FOREIGN?! 2/15/2010, 6:06 pm

NAME: taint

SPECIES: archangel

APPEARANCE: Taints' overall body structure is thin and petite, besides her paws which are quite large and usually tripped over. The fea has long legs and a bit longer tail than usual as well, making her frame look quite lanky and queer. Because she is an archangel, you can also spot her sharp bones spiking out from under her fur, especially her shoulder blades. As the trend may go, her ears are also very long and pointed, leaning back a bit at the tips.

Taints' fur is neither black or white, but a rather silvery shade. Since her pelt is thin and smooth, it seems very shiney in the right light. Though, on her spine is a thick stripe of large black feathers, that usually lie down, but stick up when she is excited. On her silvery pelt she also has shiney black markings here and there, as well as a thin black mask around her face and ears. Her paws as well have markings, each one bearing it's own pattern around the toes.

Taints' personality is very... quirky, you might want to call it. She has always been a very forgetful wolf, and often forgets to eat meals even. Luckily, she has never been a big eater so missing a meal here and there doesn't quite effect her. She is also quite clumsy, constantly tripping over her own feet or running into someone on accident. The she-wolf is also very distractible, and always on her feet. Though this does make her very fast and hard to catch, it does not help her concentration or memory, causing her to forget things very easily as well. Though, underneath all those quirks is a sweet lovable wolf, with a curious edge. It's very hard to get her angry because she will often just brush off rude comments and keep on her way. Taint is dead faithful and very committed, but she always seems to have dreams of something more. Some sort of adventure, or excitement. But hey, that's just her.

HISTORY: Taint never really knew her family, her puphood is a blur maybe because of her bad memory, but also because it didn't hold much significance in her life. Her brother, mother, and father were always very distant, and she didn't spend much time with them. She usually spent her days wandering around by herself until, of course, she needed to be fed or helped. After she grew up, the wolf decided it was in her best interest to find her own path, and she left her family for the Region Forest pack.

PACK: Region Forest Pack

OTHER?: element is fire spine(?)
FOREIGN?!
FOREIGN?!
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by FOREIGN?! 2/15/2010, 6:29 pm

(Ooh, and I think that this should be moved to the canine section. Since it's wolves and all. :3 )
FOREIGN?!
FOREIGN?!
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by LE COCO VOUS AIME 2/15/2010, 8:00 pm

( good idea. I shall ask for it to be moved. )
LE COCO VOUS AIME
LE COCO VOUS AIME
Flash Fiction Scrawler
Flash Fiction Scrawler

Back to top Go down

Post by LE COCO VOUS AIME 2/15/2010, 8:01 pm

( P.S. Region Forest is a Timber wolf pack. <3 )
LE COCO VOUS AIME
LE COCO VOUS AIME
Flash Fiction Scrawler
Flash Fiction Scrawler

Back to top Go down

Post by FOREIGN?! 2/15/2010, 9:37 pm

(*facepalm* dag nabbit. What about dense valley?)
FOREIGN?!
FOREIGN?!
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by LE COCO VOUS AIME 2/15/2010, 9:46 pm

( yup, that good! )
LE COCO VOUS AIME
LE COCO VOUS AIME
Flash Fiction Scrawler
Flash Fiction Scrawler

Back to top Go down

Post by FOREIGN?! 2/15/2010, 10:42 pm

(wee! so, can we roleplay right now or do we need more people?)
FOREIGN?!
FOREIGN?!
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by LE COCO VOUS AIME 2/15/2010, 11:04 pm

( let's see if more people come, but if not then yes! )
LE COCO VOUS AIME
LE COCO VOUS AIME
Flash Fiction Scrawler
Flash Fiction Scrawler

Back to top Go down

Post by FOREIGN?! 2/16/2010, 11:13 am

(bein bein.)
FOREIGN?!
FOREIGN?!
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by kindro 6/20/2010, 1:00 am

(Juicy? OMG! Very Happy Very Happy I'll join soon.]
kindro
kindro
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Female Posts : 1069

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosebell32 7/16/2010, 8:10 pm

Name: Wind
Species: archangle
Appearance: Wind is very tiny but is fisty. She has a sharp claws, Wind has dark brown eyes, she has a beautiful black coat. Her tail is medium length she has a beautiful smile.
History: Wind has a really dark history. She has only 1 person from her family left. Wind has been loved many times but can't find the right person. She's been in many battles but she tries to keep that part of her past a secret.
Pack: Dense Vally
Other?:She has a brother named Ashes

Name: Ashes
Species: archangle
Appearance: Ashes has sharp pointy ears. He has a black coat and huge paws he has all white claws except one is black. Has a burn in his hand in the pattern of a half moon.
History: Same history as his sister.
Pack: Dense Vally
Other?:Sister to Wind
(Ashes talks in bold and Wind dosen't)
Rosebell32
Rosebell32
Short Story Writer
Short Story Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content