The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DNA~ Definetly Not Anticipated

2 posters

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

DNA~ Definetly Not Anticipated - Page 8 Empty Re: DNA~ Definetly Not Anticipated

Post by Jesus4Eternity 6/20/2010, 6:13 pm

[It's fine. xD]

I smiled, still blushing pink. His eyes were gorgeous as well- dark and black and mysterious, not unlike himself. My silver wings extended their ten foot length across the room as I gathered him into my arms. "Thanks." I whispered. My eyes were a bright, startling blue- the result of the whitecoats playing around with them. They kinda relfected me- bright and happy- but not as much as Fang's entire appearance described him. Black hair, black eyes, black wings- dark, mysterious, gorgeous. "I know how to make you feel better." I was holding him the way I used to hold the younger kids when they couldn't fly- one arm around the torso, the other under the legs. "We're going on a little flight." The only problem with this plan was that the window in my room wasn't big enough for both of us- so I'd have to go downstairs with him in my arms. Oh well- maybe I wouldn't get teased this time.
I managed to get downstairs without any comments, and I peeked into Mea's room to see her and Iggy making the bed. I winked at her with Fang in my arms, and then went to the front door, where I launched into the air.
Iggy handed over the sheets and started helping her make the bed, but he could hear Amanda and Fang upstairs. They were going on a "little flight". He smirked- they were so gonna be together someday.
Jesus4Eternity
Jesus4Eternity
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

DNA~ Definetly Not Anticipated - Page 8 Siggy
DNA~ Definetly Not Anticipated - Page 8 SiggyDNA~ Definetly Not Anticipated - Page 8 Siggy
DNA~ Definetly Not Anticipated - Page 8 SiggyDNA~ Definetly Not Anticipated - Page 8 Siggy
Female Posts : 16258

Back to top Go down

DNA~ Definetly Not Anticipated - Page 8 Empty Re: DNA~ Definetly Not Anticipated

Post by Jinx 6/21/2010, 9:55 am

Mea smiled back at Amanda, wondering why she was carrying him that way. It was a strange method of getting someone from one place to another, certainly.
This was how her brain worked-Completely missing the obvious and focusing on the obscure.

Fang barely noticed he was being carried until they passed that strange girl and Iggy. He felt slightly ashamed, 'cause he was supposed to be doing the carrying, but he was sick and that wasn't an option. Why where they flying anyway if he was sick? How come being carried by someone gave you so much time to think? These where all mysteries that would have to be solved later, now that Amanda had launched.
A few seconds after, Fang spread his wings and caught up to her flight easily.
Jinx
Jinx
Published Author
Published Author

{{Avvie thanks to Ave]

I wish I had covered all my tracks completely
'Cause I'm so afraid
Is that the light at the far end of the tunnel
Or just the train?~Tidal wave, Owl city.
Female Posts : 3205

http://www.playlist.com/playlist/17481697803

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesus4Eternity 6/22/2010, 10:50 pm

"Oh, finally." I whispered, letting out a deep breath and turning a flip in the air with gentle ease. As I turned, I somehow managed to inhale a heck of a lot of pollen and twist wildly in the air, my legs twisting backwards and almost touching my wings. I was breathing heavily and hard as I grabbed his hand and pulled him hard towards the window, sliding into the house with a wheeze. "We shall go flying later." I announced, walking into the bathroom and reaching into the medicine cabinet for my inhaler. I found it automatically, coughing twice before putting it to my mouth and inhaling deeply. I held my breath for thirty seconds, then let it out in a huff, trying to take deep breaths but only succeeding in hyperventilating. "Fang?" I said quietly. "I'll take you back upstairs- we'll go flying later." I pulled him into my arms again, distributing his weight evenly and walking back upstairs. I lied him back on my bed and brushed his hair. "I'm getting water- want anything?"
"Mea!" Iggy said quietly, pulling the sheets up. "Is this straight?" Obviously he didn't know- he was blind.
Jesus4Eternity
Jesus4Eternity
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Jinx 6/23/2010, 9:13 am

"Eh? Pretty much. Good job" She straightened a few kinks out out, then looked back up at Iggy again.
"Do you know where I could find the blankets?"

"Water sounds nice, or grape juice" He said, rolling onto his side and looking generally exhausted.

Last edited by Jinx on 6/23/2010, 2:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jinx
Jinx
Published Author
Published Author

{{Avvie thanks to Ave]

'Cause I'm so afraid

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesus4Eternity 6/23/2010, 1:52 pm

"Alright. I'll be right back." I lied a hand on his forehead gently. "You need yo stay and rest- I was an idiot. Flynig only helps when you're about to get better. I'm sorry." I took the thermometer from the side of the bed and slid it into his mouth. "Keep that in until I get back." I ordered softly, sliding out of the room.
The minute I was out I felt like I would cry. Fang was never sick, never ever. And this was the worst time- when he was between better and delusional. In delusional stage, he didn't know what was going on and didn't feel anything, and when he was healthy he was completly fine. But in the middle, he knew he was sick and could feel it, could feel the pain, could feel the tiredness, could feel everything. And it hurt to watch my best friend go through something like that.
I poured a glass of grape juice, so lost in my thoughts that I didn't notice that it had gone over until Angel tugged on my sleeve. "Manda? That's too much." She pointed to the juice, which was spilling out of the cup. "Oh, crud. Angel, grab the sponge for me, okay?" She handed me the sponge and I started mopping up the juice, hoping Fang wouldn't, like, have a coughing fit or something. Once I was done, I poured another for myself and brought them upstairs, checking the thermometer. "You're still high." I whispered, handing him the juice. "I'll go sanitize this- you stay here and rest." And I did what I did with all the younger kids (which technically could include Fang since he's four months younger than I am)- I gently kissed his forehead and walked out of the room.
"Um... wherever you found the sheets, probably." Iggy said with a slightly confused tone. "But I wouldn't know- let's see if we can find 'em."
Jesus4Eternity
Jesus4Eternity
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Jinx 6/23/2010, 2:17 pm

Fang's head hurt, all of it. His cheekbones burned, his brain throbbed and his jaw felt like someone was pricking it with pins. Amanda came in and gave him his apple juice but the wasn't enough to settle it; The cold liquid only made him realize that he was on fire.
Forcing his aching self upright he tore off his shirt, than the blankets and finally the pillows. Fang, his task complete, rested on the part of the sheets he hadn't already been on in order to stave off the burning heat he was creating.

"A quest! Exellent!" She twirled lightly, backing out of the room with her hand hand around Iggy's.
Jinx
Jinx
Published Author
Published Author

{{Avvie thanks to Ave]

'Cause I'm so afraid

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesus4Eternity 6/23/2010, 2:34 pm

I quickly washed the thermometer and went back upstairs... only to see a shirtless Fang on my bed. Being me, and knowing what this felt like, I knew he was having heat flashes. "Shhhhhh." I murmured gently as I took his hair into my hands and pulled it off the back of his neck. "It gets better, I promise you." I told him in a whisper, quietly lying my cold hands on his bare backside. "It's gonna be okay. I promise you, it's gonna be okay." I said as a tear escaped from my eye. "You're gonna get better... I know you're gonna get better... I'll get ice." I was backing out of the room and once I was out of his line of sight, I ran as fast as I could down the stairs- and into Iggy. "Sorry, Ig!" I called, grabbing a Ziploc baggie and filling it with ice before going back upstairs. I couldn't stand to see him like this- sick, weak, in pain. "Here." I murmured as I went into the room, sitting on the other side of him and putting the ice on his forehead. "Heat flash?" I asked with concern, feeling his cheek with care. He was burning up.
"Yeah!" Iggy laughed and followed her, trying to find the sheet closet again.
Jesus4Eternity
Jesus4Eternity
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Jinx 6/23/2010, 2:58 pm

"I guess" His voice was still hoarse. He looked up at her, feeling even more ashamed of himself. Letting out a little sigh, Fang put his hand on her shoulder and guided her out of the room.
"Stop..being so concerned. Go do something else, just leave me alone. I'll be fine."

Mea opened several closets, trying to remember some detail that could lend a hand in their search.
"Ah! I know where it is now!"
Jinx
Jinx
Published Author
Published Author

{{Avvie thanks to Ave]

'Cause I'm so afraid

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesus4Eternity 6/23/2010, 3:09 pm

"I can't, Fang."I shrugged his hand off my shoulder. "It's instinctual, and just against my nature to let my best friend suffer and me not do anything about it. What else would I do anyway? Mea's getting settled with Iggy, and Gaz, Angel, and Nudge are playing a board game. I'm not leaving you." I said with confidence. "I wouldn't be able to anyway." This was stated in a whisper. "You've never done it to me."
So I stayed by his side, holding the ice pack and hoping he would get better, because it hurt to watch, and hurt more because I knew what was happening. My own throat burned from watching him cough- my skin twitched as I felt his fever rise and fall, rise and fall. I had been awake for two straight days taking care of him, but I wasn't tired- the worry kept me awake and alert. When he slept, I lied his head in my lap. When he was awake, I stayed with him. I was by him day and night, night and day, and I would be until he got better- it was just instinctual.
[AWWWWWWWWW! Aren't they cute?]
"Where?" Iggy laughed. He had been pulled along for a while now and his arm was hurting, so he was glad they had finally found the blankets.
Jesus4Eternity
Jesus4Eternity
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Jinx 6/23/2010, 3:33 pm

He sighed and resigned himself to her presence. Amanda was sweet though, watching over him night and day with those blue eyes. It didn't take him too much longer for him to get well.
A few hours into the second, he woke up and put his shirt back on again. Fang forced 'manda to lie down, and pulled the covers over her.
"Go to sleep."

"Here" She said calmly, turning around, opening the door and taking stock of the blankets. She selected a sky blue comforter which was the fluffiest object in the closet (perhaps the household)
"Here ya go, lackey boy"
Jinx
Jinx
Published Author
Published Author

{{Avvie thanks to Ave]

'Cause I'm so afraid

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesus4Eternity 6/23/2010, 3:55 pm

"While you may be better, my work isn't done yet, young grasshopper." I slid out of the bed, shaking my hair out of my eyes and surverying him. "Go take a hot shower and give me those clothes when you're done. I have to strip this bed, strip yours, take a shower, wash and dry all of these, put them back on the beds, sanitize the house, and then I will go to sleep. Let's see- I'll wash your clothes and bed things together, since they're black, and then my sheets can be washed afterwards... I'll just wash my clothes then as well... yeah. Go shower, silly boy!" I would have hit him again, but I'd rather not right now- right after illness, a person's immune system was unnaturally low.
The thing was, now that Fang was better, the worry was gone, and I was drop-dead tired. I stripped the beds with zombie-like movements, just wanting to lie down and nap for three days, but obviously I couldn't do that. So I got into the shower and changed into pajamas, and then put Fang's sheets and clothes in the wash. I would have slept for that hour or two, but my bed was stripped, and besides, the sheets were coated in the germs from both Fang and I, so it wasn't a good idea. So, instead, I started wiping down every visible surface. After that hour, I shifted Fang's stuff to the dryer and mine to the washer, and then mine to the dryer and his to his bed. "Rest." I told him with a yawn. "Your immune system's low from the flu. Sleep- now."
Iggy took the comforter back to the bed, running into a tired Amanda as he did. "Sorry, Amanda." He only knew it was her because he knew them all by scent and feel, but she didn't respond. "She's been up for two nights straight with flu-contaminated Fang... and now she's sanitizing the house." He added as he heard the disinfectant spray and Lysol wipes. "Germ-a-phobe."
Jesus4Eternity
Jesus4Eternity
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Jinx 6/24/2010, 7:29 am

"Truly" She said "I would think it unessential, seeing as everyone's been exposed already, and will, on their own time be sick or not sick depending on their immune systems"

Fang refused to sleep, taking the blankets from Amanda.
"My immune systems better than yours" He said "I've been sleeping for the past two days. Quit being a busybody and go to sleep. I've watched you enough to get this done."
Jinx
Jinx
Published Author
Published Author

{{Avvie thanks to Ave]

'Cause I'm so afraid

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesus4Eternity 6/24/2010, 1:59 pm

"Yeah, but you were sleeping with the flu. I was watching you healthily." I brushed his hair out of his eyes the way I had when he was sick, feeling his forehead ever so slightly. "Besides, your temperature is still higher than normal." I tried to pull him by the wrist to his bed, but since I was so tired, I stumbled and tripped over my own feet. Even though I was about to drop onto the floor with exaustion, I still had instincts. And my instincts made me put my hands out and turn on them, landing with my feet on the bottom of Fang's bed. But my momentum was still going, which caused me to fall face-first into his pillow, sprawled in a strange position with my legs locked together and my arms flailing out, one dangling off the side of the bed. I would have gotten right back up and shoved Fang into it if I was partially sane, but I was so 'about to pass out' that I literally fell asleep the second I hit the pillow, my eyes closing on impact. I knew I wasn't supposed to be sleeping- I knew I had stuff to do- but I couldn't get up. When I tried to raise my head, it felt to heavy, so I just lied back down and fell asleep.
"Well, Amanda has motherly instincts as well as natural ones, and they make her try and make sure everyone is healthy and happy. That's why she spent so much time with Fang- she couldn't stand to let him suffer. Then again... they are sweet on each other...." He laughed.
Jesus4Eternity
Jesus4Eternity
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Jinx 6/24/2010, 3:44 pm

The prince of darkness happened to be passing by when
Iggy's last few words whre said, and glared at them both. No words were needed to express his anger.

Mea hid behind Iggy until the threatening presence had left.
"Promise that Fang won't kill me in my sleep or something..."
Jinx
Jinx
Published Author
Published Author

{{Avvie thanks to Ave]

'Cause I'm so afraid

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesus4Eternity 6/24/2010, 4:00 pm

[Dude, I can so see that. Normal.... *Fang glare* normal. XD]

"Fang?" Angel said quietly, tugging on the corner of his black leather jacket. She looked up at him with her big blue eyes, looking about as adorable as a four year old bird kid could look. Her eyes were big and a pale blue, exactly like her brothers, her golden curls were brushed and hanging gently around her smooth skinned face, and her white wings were sticking out ever so slightly, giving the apperance of an adorable... well, angel. "Since 'Manda's sleeping, do you need any help?" She blinked, hiding her light blue eyes for a second before looking up at him with that adorable face again.
"No promises about that- you'll have to ask Amanda to ask him not to. Fang won't do anything that Amanda prohibits- just another way of expressing his loooooove." He said the last sentence loudly, just to irritate his fellow flock-mate. "Seriously, though, no promises."
Jesus4Eternity
Jesus4Eternity
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Jinx 6/24/2010, 4:06 pm

"No" Fang said, still in a bad mood, but after a few more seconds of Angel looking..angelic, he handed her a blanket
"Uh, here. You can carry that for me."
A few seconds after, Iggy's comment stung him in the back. He chose to ignore it, however.

"I'm scared" Mea said in a tiny voice. She had only meant it as a joke but to get that answer...
Jinx
Jinx
Published Author
Published Author

{{Avvie thanks to Ave]

'Cause I'm so afraid

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesus4Eternity 6/24/2010, 4:26 pm

[Iggy's gonna get so pummeled in his sleep.]

The second Fang said "no", Angel's face fell, her pretty little smile turning into a frown... until Fang handed her the blanket. "Otay." She skipped upstairs to Amanda's room lying the blanket on the bed, and then went into Fang's. " 'Manda awake yet?" She asked quietly, trying to climb up on the bed to snuggle Amanda. She finally succeeded and crawled up next to Amanda, who wasn't moving a muscle. "Manda!" She giggled, wrapping her arms around Amanda's neck. "Uuuhhh... Fang, go away... I can do the rest of the work... go to sleep..." She said uncoherently as she turned, looking pale and thin against Fang's black bed. Angel was confused- why was Amanda in Fang's bed? Was she sick again? "Fang? Why is 'Manda in your bed? Is she sick again?" Angel asked quietly, bouncing slightly on his mattress.
"He's Fang- he does stuff like that. I'm going to get pummeled in my sleep by both of them- if Amanda ever wakes up. She fell asleep in Fang's room when she tripped, adn is probably gonna stay there the rest of the day... sleeping in much?"
Jesus4Eternity
Jesus4Eternity
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Jinx 6/24/2010, 4:36 pm

"She's...sick. In her own way." He didn't see the point in explaining this to Angel, seeing as she could just read Amanda's mind anyway.

"You people are messed up." She muttered "Really, when the clan decided to beat me up they did it when I was awake for the sake of honor and all that good stuff."
Jinx
Jinx
Published Author
Published Author

{{Avvie thanks to Ave]

'Cause I'm so afraid

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesus4Eternity 6/24/2010, 4:53 pm

"She is? Does she need medicine?" Angel asked nervously, putting her little hand into Fang's for comfort. When Amanda was sick, that meant Fang was in charge. There wasn't anything wrong with Fang being in charge, but Amanda was just better at it. But Fang was never in charge because he was always with Amanda, so Iggy was in charge- and when Iggy was in charge, things were strange. Angel didn't really like having Iggy in charge- he was always joking about Amanda and Fang being together, and Angel didn't like that. She knew that Amanda and Fang were just really close, like her and Gazzy, and it wasn't very fun to have Iggy make fun of them. So she looked nervously up at Fang, her lip quivering at the thought of Amanda getting sick. "Is she gonna be okay?"
Angel would have read Amanda's mind, but right now she was having a dream, and Angel, even though she was only four, thought that dreams were private and should be kept to their owners. Besides, when Amanda was sleeping, her mind was a blur, just like anyones.
"We take advantage of each other all the time- you should see Fang and Amanda when they're awake and healthy. They tease each other constantly and whenever we have practice Eraser fights, they pair up and destroy each other. That's why none of us ever try and fight them- they're used to fighting each other, so they'd destroy us within the minute."
Jesus4Eternity
Jesus4Eternity
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Jinx 6/24/2010, 5:23 pm

"No. She just needs to give it up and rest for once in while" He was clearly upset about Amanda's refusal to sleep and let him take of her.

"Hm. Well, if they can crush you easy there's no point in them being paired with anyone else." She shrugged, slightly before frowning and adding "Well, it might benefit you...guys."
Jinx
Jinx
Published Author
Published Author

{{Avvie thanks to Ave]

'Cause I'm so afraid

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesus4Eternity 6/24/2010, 6:04 pm

[Sorry, dinner.]

"Isn't that what you said? You didn't want to be taken care of either." She said quietly, letting go of Fang's hand and holding his jacket instead. Even though she was four, she had a really good perspective. "Isn't that... hypocritical? To say that you want to take care of her but don't want the same?" She was also, as you can most obviously tell, very mature for her age. But also very confused, like a six year old would be- why would Fang want to take care of Amanda if he didn't want to be taken care of as well? She looked up with confusion, biting her small lip as she stared at Fang. "I'm confused." She said simply. "I don't understand. Why?"
"By getting pummeled? Naw. Since both of them are tougher than Erasers, there's not much of a point. Actually, Angel- she's six- is tougher than an Eraser. Usually."
Jesus4Eternity
Jesus4Eternity
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Jinx 6/25/2010, 8:16 am

She sighed
"A. You have totally missed my point. By fighting them and observing them you could learn to be tougher than an eraser. B. I really don't doubt you. The sense I get off of Angel.." She trailed off into nothingness, a distressed look on her face.

Fang paused, looking thoughtful for a moment
"I dunno" He said, with a shrug.
Jinx
Jinx
Published Author
Published Author

{{Avvie thanks to Ave]

'Cause I'm so afraid

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesus4Eternity 6/25/2010, 11:21 am

A few seconds after Fang shrugged, Amanda sat up groggily. "Uuuuuuhhhh. Go to sleep, Fang." She said incoherently, swinging her legs over the edge of the bed. Angel giggled, crawling back up on the bed. "Amanda, Fang wants you to sleep and rest! He wants to take care of you!" She said with another little giggle, jumping on Amanda and making her tumble back on the bed. "But take care of means to kill..." She muttered in her sleep. "Why does Fang want to kill me? Or did he tell his dino friends, Winnifred and Wilfred?" She sank deeper into her sleepy state. "Fang loves me... he kissed me... Angel..." She was murmuring in a strange, trance-like state. And then she was asleep again.
"Yeah, but they'd have to go easy on us, so it really doesn't help. We usually have the same groups anyway. Fang and Amanda, Nudge and Me, Angel and Gazzy."
Jesus4Eternity
Jesus4Eternity
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Jinx 6/25/2010, 11:29 am

She let out a long sigh. Thick people irritated her to no end.
"Never miiiind. It's no use" She shook her head, and collapsed face first onto her new bed "It's no use..."

Irritation built up in Fang.
"Angel...Stay with Amanda. I have to wash this stuff, and make sure Iggy and whats-her-face don't get into trouble or...something" He finished lamely. If you weren't blind you could tell Fang was just making up some excuse to get rid of Angel.
Jinx
Jinx
Published Author
Published Author

{{Avvie thanks to Ave]

'Cause I'm so afraid

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesus4Eternity 6/25/2010, 1:18 pm

[Isn't Angel hilarious?]

"But Fang, that stuff already clean! You just have to put it on Amanda's bed." Angel said, still very confused as she crawled down and looked at Fang. "Besides, you said you wanted to take care fo her. I wanna help!" She took the laundry basket away from Fang and wobbled towards the door and Amanda's room, trying to make the bed. But a four year old couldn't make a bed alone- however, a winged one could. She flew around the room as she did it, giggling for ten straight minutes until it was done, and then she tried to fly downstairs with the laundry basket. It worked, kinda, but she dropped the basket on Iggy's head once. "Sorry Iggy!" Angel giggled again and flew down, putting the basket on the floor and then floating to Iggy and Mea.
"Hey, now. If you want to talk to Amanda about it when she wakes up, that's fine. Actually, I think we'll be having a practice session in a few days- talk to her about it when she's awake."
Jesus4Eternity
Jesus4Eternity
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next