The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unexpected- A Percy Jackson and the Olympians Based Story {CHAPTER 2 UP!!}

+2
Mandy-Love
•○•[Lemon-Licious]•○•
6 posters

Go down

Unexpected- A Percy Jackson and the Olympians Based Story {CHAPTER 2 UP!!} Empty Unexpected- A Percy Jackson and the Olympians Based Story {CHAPTER 2 UP!!}

Post by •○•[Lemon-Licious]•○• 4/6/2010, 8:21 pm

Chapter One- I Get Ambushed By Demon Staplers

My name is simple. My life is simple. My apperence is simple, everything that deals with me is simple. My simple name, you may ask, is Anneloise. Woods. Anneloise Woods. I know what's going through your abashed mind. Simple? What do you mean that's a simple name? Anneloise.... I've never heard that. But when you must wake up to every morning, read your name on attendance sheets, see your name scriptured elegantly from every medical report to every presidential award you get in your school end-of-the-year assemblies, it's a simple and annoying name. So when my name rang out through the AP Science room, I winced. "Anneloise." Ms. Windcrack, my fifty-something year old teacher snapped angrily. I was, once again, daydreaming. ADD is the answer to that riddle. But her angry voice snapped me back into reality. "What?" I hissed back as Estella elbowed me in the ribs. "Thank you, Estella." Windcrack thanked, going back to blabbing about ancient history. "Thanks," I mumbled. "Shh!" Estella replied, adjusting a pencil on my desk. You see, Estella was my childhood friend. Ever since we were put in the same annoying Teddy Hugs Day Care Center for Special Children. Me, I had ADD and Dyslexia while Estella had OCD and ADHD. You see, Estella wasn't a simple name. It was exotic and beautiful. It was a name worth to envy. Estella Clarity, so..... Not simple. Estella has long, flowing dark choclate brown hair with golden blonde highlights and several freakles. She smiles constantly, even if it's just a little twitch of the corners of her lips. Out of nowhere, she moaned. "I miss Isaac," Isaac. Estella was still in a obbsession with him. Isaac was her boyfriend for two years in elementary school. I hadn't met him, and I sorta didn't want to. If he was as obsessed with her as she was of him, it would've been a disaster. He moved a few years ago, to Virginia. We live right now in Iowa. Again, a simple state.

"You are excused." Windcrack dismissed, shooting an evil glare to me. As we moved to our next class, the fire alarm rang out through the halls, but they were already scanty. Estella grabbed my arm. "We should go," She said, slipping out of the school. But something didn't let me leave, like a force feild. "Well, well, well. The demigod." A raspy voice said. I swung my head around rapidly, jumping, my back to the wall as I saw what was in front of me. "Catoblepas," I squeaked, but I never even heard about the name. It was like I didn't speak it, it was like it flowed off my tounge. "Oh, Anneloise, daughter of the gods. You sure are a witty little thing, aren't you?" It chuckled. "M-my mother is Alieen Woods and my father is James Woods." I breathed. It purred in amusment, growing closer to me. It had a repulsive scent. Black, sleek hair. It seemed to have the face of a bull, but body and neck as a horse. "S-stop," I stuttered. "Not until your dead." It hissed, jumping right for me. I ducked and rolled out of the way, unsuccesfully trying to run away. My eyes darted back and forth rapidy, trying to find something. "You will no longer be a threat to us. Olympus will fall." It growled, raising a hoof as a blood red glow escaped from it. In my head, thoughts churned. Will that kill me? Make me blind? What the heck is happening? Is this a nightmare? But it wasn't. It was my not-so-simple life now. Oddly, staplers curcled around his hand and glowed red, like they were possesed. Some had words scribbled on each like 'TB + ED = ♥️', 'School Sucks', and 'Dyslexia Chick and luvin it'. On their own, they flew towards me. I squealed and grabbing a vase, throwing it against some incoming staplers. Just over my head was a case. I squinted, trying to de-dyslecic the words. 1931 WWII Pistol. It wrote. But inside, it wasn't a pistol. It was a long, thin, carefully sculpted celtic bronze sword.

Frantically, I wrapped my hands around one of those minature hammered strapped to a fire alarm box, which above it, a plate that said 'Break Glass In Case Of Fire'. I tugged at the hammer, but it wouldn't budge. A stapler flew and me and I ducked as it flew into the fire alarm plate and hammer. Under all the rubble, I found the hammer which broke from the impact. The Catoblepas growled as I ran over to the sword and threw the hammer at the glass, breaking it and snatching the sword from the stand. Eventhough I was terrified, I cut the staplers in half as they rapidly approached me. All that was left was the Catoblepas. I charged as the monster looked at me, confused. I shoved my knife through it's heart and breathed as it blew into ashes. Just then, the firedrill stopped and people crowded back into the schol. "Anneloise stole the pistol from the case!" A voice screeched. "A pistol? It's a freaking sword! Are you blind?" A familiar voice screamed. Estella. I thought. There was a purple mist gliding around the top of the room. I looked at the sword and my bloody hands, my clothes filled with stray staples. I dropped the sword and a pain pounded in my rib cage. Just then, the fire drill once again rang out. And the school cleared, except for Estella and this girl with olive skin and chocolate brown hair. Her olive skin was dotted with freakles and her eyes a blazing hazle. "My name is Christian Irvine and I am your protector." She spoke, loud and clear. "Protect me from what?" I asked, then noticing what a stupid question that was. "Things like that," She replied in a frisk voice. "What's going on?" Estella cried. "Your friend here is the daughter of the goddess, Athena." Christina spoke. "Oh, God." I mumbled. "Oh, Gods, you mean." Christina corrected. "Why should I belive you?" I hissed. "Because that thing almost killed you." She spoke. "Good point," I mumbled as she took my hand and ran out to the front of the school. She gave a low whistle and two blobs flew closer and closer, until I realized what they were. "Pegasus?" I breathed. "Get on," Christina instructed as I nodded and climbed on. After getting situated, we flew. "Were are we going?" I yelped. "Pennsylvania." Christina called over the wind. I ran my fingers through my tossled dirty blonde hair and looked at the flying horse I was on. My metalic blue eyes glowed even brighter as we arrived at a camp. "Where am I?" I breathed. "Camp Half Blood." Christina replied.

~♥️~♥️~♥️~♥️~♥️~♥️~♥️~♥️~♥️~♥️~

Chapter Two- I Get an Unexpected and Unwanted Greeting

"Am I dreaming?" I blurted out, fiddling with my thumbs with my arms still safely secured around the sleek, black, mythical creature's neck. Christina's hand twitched slightly, as if to pinch my toned arm. Wrinkling my nose, I slapped her hand away on instinct. "Don't touch me," A raspy voice inside blurted out. She pursed her lips and narrowed her eyes, her eyes darting back on the sky. "Like we're going to crash." I mumbled sarcastically to myself, rolling my metalic blue eyes. She sounding oddly like Greek. "So, who else is there?" I questioned her. "Hundreds of others. Hercules, Houdini, hundreds of others." She mumbled in a distant tone. Her legs were plushy, but she was overall a lean child, maybe about twelve years in age. "Houdini?" My eyes became large. "Of cource. He had the Gods's blessings, which helped him throught all those tricks. But he belived that he was as great as the Gods, so they failed him once. That small second that he could not have the help of our Gods, he demised." She explained slowly, as if I had an extreme mental disorder. "Now he's in the Underworld, moping around Tartarus!" She exlaimed, giggling uncontrolably like this was some sort of joke, which made me quail. She realized this and, without a word, continued driving the pegasus. After a minor amount of hours, we arrived in Long Island, New York. "We can't travel by horse anymore," She informed me as she mumbled a few words in Greek, and the horses paused, flying down and exerting us off it's back. "We must walk from here," She stated, pulling out a long, lean celtic bronze sword from the ratty, jet black North Face Jester Bag. To my suprise, she shoved it towards me. "It is now your's." She spoke smoothly as she continued down the trail. With hesitation, I sprinted after her. She flung the backpack over her broad left shoulder and continued to gait through the damp forest. "What do you mean?" I blurted. "I mean it's your sword. It was chosen for you by one of them." She stated, pointing up towards the Tiffany blue sky. "Oh. You mean one of my parents." I stated, not afraid to admit it. "Yes, Anneloise." She sighed, as if she was tired of explaining this to me. "Who is it, though?" I squeaked, my voice in an unusual high tempo. "We don't know. Either the God and or Goddess will claim you, or you shall be placed in the Hermes cabin, where all undecided demigods are put." She explained. "Oh," I murmered.

Hours and hours past until we arrived at the foot of a lush green mountain. "Let's rest here for a short second." I insisted, crumpling down onto my back, exausted. I shrugged my backpack off of my shoulder and pulled out the slim, celtic bronze sword, tracing my fingertip up and down the sword. There was a dull rustle in the bushes but I ignored it, expecting it to me a hare or something of that nature. But from that leafy bramble, it showed itself. A she-dragon with a woman's head and torso and a scorpion-like tail finishing it off. "Campe." I blurted, rasing myself from the dirt and wiping the back of my green checkered plaid skirt, encloseing the butt of the celtic sword around my callusis-covered palms. A wave of electricity ran through my bloodstream as it flung it's stinger, aiming for my gut. Without hesitation, I jumped back and examined all the sudden twitches and movements in her body. "Anneloise! Run!" Christina ordered frantically, dodging the swift movements of the Campe until she reached my arm. "Go away," I instructed right as the Campe smashed against my spine. It ached like I was being pelted with boulders, pain shooting through my body. "Look out," She squeaked, trying to pull me under the tail of the Campe, but I refused and impacted the tip of my sword through the core of it's tail, watching golden dust pour rapidy out of the pepple-sized cut. There was a shrill scream of despair from the Campe before she slithered to the ground, diassapearing. I wobbled to the ground, unable to move. "Help, help!" Christina wailed, running up the hill for a sight of rescue. With a shakey breath, I leaned over and clutched my sword, knowing that this little sculpted bronze chunk of metal saved my life, more than once. And maybe, I was finally able to accept it. I'm going to die. That small voice inside my head insisted. No, I'm not. I fought back stubbornly. But I felt like I was trying to convince myself than anyone else. My lean body felt numb as I was thrashed onto an unshorn back. Then it all went black.

When my eyes fluttered open, I wasn't in an infirmary or clinic. Actually, I was in beryl shaded grass, my back flopped on the ground. There was a handsome boy with rusty golden hair, blinding blue eyes and a worried grimace plastered on his face. I shot up, a pain wrentching through my spine. I let out a small whimper before he placed his hand on the curve of my back and pushed in, making a sharp popping sound. "I was going to do it while you were asleep, but you ruined the suprise." His silky voice chuckled. "Mmm," I groaned, sitting down and glaring at him. "And you may be?" I asked him with a glare. "Isaac Carren," She replied simply, pushing himself up and pulling me back onto my feet. "Anneloise Woods," I replied, shaking his hand with a thankful grin. "Do you know who is your godly parent?" He asked me with a questionable look apon his face. "No, I don't. Do you?" I asked. "Well, yes, I do. I'm the child of Apollo," He chuckled, shooting me a melting look. "You'll be put in the Hermes cabin. If you are not claimed, you will stay there." He explained to me, taking my wrist and gliding me to an over-packed cabin. He gently tugged me in where a girl with a lean figure and sandy blonde hair and freakles dotting her nose. "I'm Lucia, you'll be staying here with me and my brotheren, correct?" She asked. "Why, yes." I replied. Why yes? Have I suddenly developed a British accent? "Well, I dearly hope that you find this place... Amusing." She said, her lips curling into a smile. She had sharp features. So sharp that it seemed that she could dig a hole in your stomache just with her pale elbow. Before I had a chance to lay down my items, she dug her fingernails into my wrist. "It's time for the sword fights!" She chirped, prancing out of the cabin. Eyes glared at me, several dozen sets. "Hello, I'm Anneloise?" I sad questionably, but they just glared at me. With that thought, I sprinted out of the cabin to the direction that Lucia was heading towards. "I don't think they like me," I stated, running my wrist carefully. "Oh, they probebly don't." She purred, walking off. Before long, people started clouding in, one of them being Isaac. He came towards me and started to help me with the sword handeling. "All of them seem just right to you, correct?" He asked me as he handed me a seventh sword. "Feels fine," I replied as he handed me the third one that I speculated. "We can get you fitted later," He promised, taking a sword and going to his cabin. "Alright, first up is Anneloise Woods and Jill Thefft from the Hermes cabin." A Centaur boomed, glaring at me like I was a misfit, which I probebly was. Jill, I suppose, stood up and walked to the center of the bonfire set-up. She had flowing firery red hair, upturned eyebrows and nose, sharp angled features, and narrowed, bright emereld green eyes. A smirk grew on her rosy pink lips as I stumbled up to her. Most people snickered but Isaac looked at me hopfully, his eyes glowing. "Alright, let's get started." The Centaur chuckled, like he knew what the outcome was, blowing the conchshell. Jill swung the sword, aiming for my spine. Out of instinct, I slapped it away with the tip of my sword, curving the sword around and watching as she squealed out in pain, dropping her sword. I went to snatch it but the butt of my sword flowed towards her shoulder blade, pushing her back and taking my palm of my sneaker, raming her stomache and sending her propeling onto her back. Leaning over, I took her sword and glanced up at the clouds, wondering if my godly parent had saved me. But instead of clouds, there was an olive tree with an owl, wings outstreatched, over it. It was spinning around freely. People gawked, Isaac gave me a thumbs-up, and Jill started at me like, well, all I can say is if looks could kill, I'd be in the Underworld by now. "Please welcome Anneloise Woods, daughter of Athena.

Last edited by •○•[Lemon-Licious]•○• on 5/27/2010, 7:26 pm; edited 7 times in total
•○•[Lemon-Licious]•○•
•○•[Lemon-Licious]•○•
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Unexpected- A Percy Jackson and the Olympians Based Story {CHAPTER 2 UP!!} SiggyUnexpected- A Percy Jackson and the Olympians Based Story {CHAPTER 2 UP!!} SiggyUnexpected- A Percy Jackson and the Olympians Based Story {CHAPTER 2 UP!!} SiggyUnexpected- A Percy Jackson and the Olympians Based Story {CHAPTER 2 UP!!} SiggyUnexpected- A Percy Jackson and the Olympians Based Story {CHAPTER 2 UP!!} SiggyUnexpected- A Percy Jackson and the Olympians Based Story {CHAPTER 2 UP!!} Siggy

TEE HEEE HEEE!!! Click THEM!! Do it!! Dooooo it! XD
Female Posts : 9714

Back to top Go down

Unexpected- A Percy Jackson and the Olympians Based Story {CHAPTER 2 UP!!} Empty Re: Unexpected- A Percy Jackson and the Olympians Based Story {CHAPTER 2 UP!!}

Post by Mandy-Love 4/6/2010, 8:33 pm

Omigawd I love it som flipin much dude! Awesome!!!
Mandy-Love
Mandy-Love
Well-Known Author
Well-Known Author

My mom thinks I'm cool...(:

So that means i AM pretty friggin amazing...

Unexpected- A Percy Jackson and the Olympians Based Story {CHAPTER 2 UP!!} ?total=15000&sofar=7700&base=2
Female Posts : 4444

Back to top Go down

Unexpected- A Percy Jackson and the Olympians Based Story {CHAPTER 2 UP!!} Empty Re: Unexpected- A Percy Jackson and the Olympians Based Story {CHAPTER 2 UP!!}

Post by •○•[Lemon-Licious]•○• 4/6/2010, 8:34 pm

Lol! Thank you so much! I think I have the name for it!
•○•[Lemon-Licious]•○•
•○•[Lemon-Licious]•○•
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Unexpected- A Percy Jackson and the Olympians Based Story {CHAPTER 2 UP!!} SiggyUnexpected- A Percy Jackson and the Olympians Based Story {CHAPTER 2 UP!!} SiggyUnexpected- A Percy Jackson and the Olympians Based Story {CHAPTER 2 UP!!} SiggyUnexpected- A Percy Jackson and the Olympians Based Story {CHAPTER 2 UP!!} SiggyUnexpected- A Percy Jackson and the Olympians Based Story {CHAPTER 2 UP!!} SiggyUnexpected- A Percy Jackson and the Olympians Based Story {CHAPTER 2 UP!!} Siggy

Back to top Go down

Post by leah_hope92 4/6/2010, 8:39 pm

-clap clap-

AWESOME!!!!!
leah_hope92
leah_hope92
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 9887

Back to top Go down

Post by •○•[Lemon-Licious]•○• 4/6/2010, 8:40 pm

Thanks. It took me a day to write it. xD lol
•○•[Lemon-Licious]•○•
•○•[Lemon-Licious]•○•
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by leah_hope92 4/6/2010, 8:42 pm

By the way, maybe you like this better for a title, "Expect the Unexpected". But it's just a suggestion. (:
leah_hope92
leah_hope92
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by •○•[Lemon-Licious]•○• 4/6/2010, 8:45 pm

Well, Anneloise doesn't expect anything out of her life. She just goes with the flow. Smile
•○•[Lemon-Licious]•○•
•○•[Lemon-Licious]•○•
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by leah_hope92 4/6/2010, 8:49 pm

Oh. Just a stupid suggestion of mine. xD
leah_hope92
leah_hope92
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 4/6/2010, 10:09 pm

Wheee! Very Happy I love it! You must keep writing. This matches the original author's writing style really well. The only thing I can say to work on would be separating it all into paragraphs, but I didn't get confused reading it like I do sometimes for big blocks of text, so that's good. cheesy
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Unexpected- A Percy Jackson and the Olympians Based Story {CHAPTER 2 UP!!} 1312Unexpected- A Percy Jackson and the Olympians Based Story {CHAPTER 2 UP!!} 2412Unexpected- A Percy Jackson and the Olympians Based Story {CHAPTER 2 UP!!} 3349Unexpected- A Percy Jackson and the Olympians Based Story {CHAPTER 2 UP!!} 3548Unexpected- A Percy Jackson and the Olympians Based Story {CHAPTER 2 UP!!} 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Post by •○•[Lemon-Licious]•○• 4/7/2010, 10:03 am

Lol! Thanks! When I was reading the books, I was thinking about how odd the titles were. So I was like, what the hey. And did this. Smile
•○•[Lemon-Licious]•○•
•○•[Lemon-Licious]•○•
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandy-Love 4/7/2010, 7:23 pm

Yeah I really love it! You must continue! xD
Mandy-Love
Mandy-Love
Well-Known Author
Well-Known Author

Unexpected- A Percy Jackson and the Olympians Based Story {CHAPTER 2 UP!!} ?total=15000&sofar=7700&base=2

Back to top Go down

Post by •○•[Lemon-Licious]•○• 4/10/2010, 12:28 pm

Thanks! But my stories aren't really popular. They never are. I'll make another chapter, tho. :/
•○•[Lemon-Licious]•○•
•○•[Lemon-Licious]•○•
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by <3--[Emily]--<< 4/10/2010, 1:39 pm

Looks nice!
<3--[Emily]--<<
<3--[Emily]--<<
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Forte -
Unexpected- A Percy Jackson and the Olympians Based Story {CHAPTER 2 UP!!} Siggy

Shiner -
Unexpected- A Percy Jackson and the Olympians Based Story {CHAPTER 2 UP!!} Siggy

Hearts -

Master Emerald -

Female Posts : 8434

Back to top Go down

Post by •○•[Lemon-Licious]•○• 5/17/2010, 11:38 am

Edited
•○•[Lemon-Licious]•○•
•○•[Lemon-Licious]•○•
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by •○•[Lemon-Licious]•○• 5/27/2010, 7:26 pm

CHAPTER 2 UP!
•○•[Lemon-Licious]•○•
•○•[Lemon-Licious]•○•
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs. Jessi O'Shea 5/30/2010, 12:04 am

Great job, Radie! :3 I can't wait until you put up more!
Mrs. Jessi O'Shea
Mrs. Jessi O'Shea
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 6862

Back to top Go down

Post by •○•[Lemon-Licious]•○• 5/30/2010, 11:01 am

Thanks! Sorry to everyone that their charries weren't put in this chapter, I had to bring in Isaac and tell who's daughter she is.
•○•[Lemon-Licious]•○•
•○•[Lemon-Licious]•○•
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by •○•[Lemon-Licious]•○• 6/3/2010, 3:41 pm

Anyone like it?
•○•[Lemon-Licious]•○•
•○•[Lemon-Licious]•○•
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandy-Love 6/10/2010, 11:24 pm

Cool Cass... xD
Mandy-Love
Mandy-Love
Well-Known Author
Well-Known Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down