The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Soulmate, My World

+2
Nightowl
Komoda
6 posters

Go down

My Soulmate, My World Empty My Soulmate, My World

Post by Komoda 7/14/2009, 12:09 pm

I need to improve my writing skills so here's a short story. It's based on my life in a way but has a twist. It's based on the Nightworld series and on the Underworld movie. XP

Maturity: There will be kissing, cheesy romance and some blood sucking. XP It's not going to be graphic, but my idea of graphic is like guts and stuff. Oh, and there'll be bars.

Fantasy: There will be vampires. Twisted Evil
Oh, and it takes place in a magical land where fourteen year-olds can go to bars.

My Soulmate, My World

Clairessa woke up on a beautiful Saturday night, the starlight dancing against her glossy, chocolate hair. She stayed up late the night before and now was ready to go on another man hunt. She broke up with her boyfriend last night because she was bored of him. He was a little strange and he wouldn't wear eyeliner like she told him to, so she just called it off. She only really liked him because her friend, Komoda, liked him first, anyway.

The woman looked into the mirror and smiled a smile that shed rainbows. She was a beautiful girl with stunning white teeth and tanned skin. Her eyes were the colour of the blue sky of Summer and were ringed with thick black make up that enhanced her beauty.
"I'm Perfect," she told herself as she slipped on some baggy clothes. Guys would like her no matter what she wore.

Before she left the house, she looked at her cellphone and saw that there was a message from Brian, her best friend's ex. She snickered at his little romantic message. She would have dated him instead of the other guy but Brian lived far away and they didn't want a long distance relationship so she settled for sending flirty texts to him instead. Even though she knew her friend, Maria, still liked him, she didn't really care. Maria would get over it, just like Komoda had gotten over it when she dated her crush. They don't have feelings anyway and Maria shouldn't have broken up with him in the first place.

Clairessa decided it was a good night to leave her cellphone behind so she turned it off, grabbed her bunny-shaped purse and sauntered out of the door. There was a good bar that she decided she'd try first since it was barely a block away from her house. And once she entered, she immediately saw her first victim. He was a boy that looked about her age, maybe a bit older. He had snowy pale skin but looked as if he should probably have a tanned complexion. His eyes were a beautiful ice-blue and his chestnut hair was slightly ruffled. He was sitting by himself on a bar stool at the end of the room and when his intense eyes glanced in Clairessa's direction, she recognized him instantly. This was the guy that Komoda was crazy about... The guy that she liked way more than Clairessa's ex. Kraven was his name.

A grin spread across Clairessa's lips. He's kind of good-looking she thought to herself as she sat in the chair beside him. She flashed him a smile and once he turned around to look at her, she said with a giggle, "You wish you were me!"
This was her favourite phrase to say at camp, and everyone knew her by it. There's no doubt he'd know who she was now. She, Komoda, and Mallory had met all of these guys at Summer camp. Clairessa was so happy she went there; it was like heaven... There were boys everywhere.

He looked up, an unimpressed sneer on his lips. "You're... Claire, right? Komoda's friend?" Kraven asked her in disinterest.

Clairessa's eyes widened in shock. "Komoda's friend? It's more like she's my friend!" she corrected him with a sniff.

Realization seemed to cross Kraven's face and his features softened. "Oh, of course," he said in a smooth voice, "I didn't mean it like that."

Kraven's Point of view

He glanced around the bar, seeing all the huge men decked out in biker jackets and tatoos that had their eyes on Clairessa. Kraven was all dressed in leather himself, but he was far more dangerous than those other men and could kill them with a flick of a finger if they touched her. If his little game with Clairessa was going to work, he'd have to take her away from them. "All those men seem to want a piece of you," he told her with a low chuckle as fright flashed across her eyes.
He took her hand in his and noticed how victory seemed to take over her features... As if she had finally won Kraven over.
He laughed internally, for she was in for a surprise.
"Let's ditch this place," he told her, "We don't need all of those other men trying to hit on you, too."

Kraven led her through the back door into a hidden alley. The only light there was was a bit of moonlight that was spilling through a crack in the wall. The whole area was dark and filthy, but Clairessa was too stupid to care.
Once he made sure that no one else was around, Kraven cast Clairessa a wicked grin and pinned her against the wall.
"Oh, you like it rough-" she began to say before a scream shot up from her throat, ending her words.
Kraven's fangs began to lengthen, extending to sharpened, saber-tooth-tiger-like fangs that went to his chin.

"Sweet dreams," he told her, sinking his fangs into her throat. Her scream faded as he greedily gulped down all of her rich blood and dropped her, leaving her to whimper. She probably wouldn't die, but her fate didn't matter to him.

Wiping the droplets of scarlet off of his chin, he heard a footstep and a startled gasp behind him. He quickly retracted his fangs so that they were normal and whispered, "You can come out now."
Behind him was a wide-eyed young woman about his age. She had pale skin, though not unnaturally pale like his, and her hair was copper. He recognized her from camp. They sat beside each other for the banquet supper and they would be going to the same highschool.

"I knew it... I knew you were a vampire," she mumbled in her quiet voice, moonlight pouring down on the two of them.

He reached out to touch her hand, "Don't worry, I won't hurt you... I did it for you.. I knew she was trying to hurt you," he told her.
But once his hand touched hers, his whole world changed.
The contact of their skin sent a jolt through his body, and suddenly they were the only ones in the world. He could hear her thoughts and she could hear his, but he didn't know how it was possible. "What's going on?" he asked her in panic, but when she answered, he realized that he knew it all along.

"The soulmate principle..." she whispered, "It really does exist... We're meant to be with eachother."
Kraven could feel joy radiating from her, and he realized he was happy too. So he did really love her all along, from the moment he saw her. He thought it was his imagination, but now he knew it was real.

After a few moments of peace, they untangled from eachother's thoughts and were back in reality. Kraven had his arms wrapped around Komoda and her head was on his shoulder. Once she looked up at him sleepily, he saw that she was shivering. He pulled off his leather jacket and wrapped it around her as they sat with their foreheads touching. And once his lips touched hers for the very first time, they found themselves entangled in their own thoughts once again. Looks like it was going to take a while for them to get back home.

The End

Last edited by Mo on 8/9/2009, 1:28 am; edited 2 times in total
Komoda
Komoda
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

My Soulmate, My World Empty Re: My Soulmate, My World

Post by Nightowl 7/14/2009, 4:39 pm

Interesting. =] Good job.
Nightowl
Nightowl
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Female Posts : 1041

Back to top Go down

Post by Komoda 7/14/2009, 4:42 pm

Thanks, Sparrow! XP
Komoda
Komoda
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by DreamCatcher81 7/14/2009, 10:30 pm

I love it!!! It's awesome and very intense! xD
DreamCatcher81
DreamCatcher81
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

My Soulmate, My World Siggy
Female Posts : 2460

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 7/15/2009, 10:42 am

OMG, Clairessa is horrible. XD I'm glad she got killed or whatever. Lol, that was an awesome story! Love the romance aspect. Very Happy
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

My Soulmate, My World 1312My Soulmate, My World 2412My Soulmate, My World 3349My Soulmate, My World 3548My Soulmate, My World 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Arianna 7/18/2009, 5:24 am

Wow, you did a really good job Very Happy
I love the story!
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My Soulmate, My World 461

http://www.pixelpuppy.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Komoda 7/18/2009, 3:46 pm

Thanks so much, you guys!! Smile That really means a lot to me.

Yeah, Clairessa is actually based on one of my friends... Haha. XD
Komoda
Komoda
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by DreamCatcher81 7/18/2009, 5:28 pm

You're welcome!

Oh she's nice. . . . xD Hopefully she wouldn't actually do that to you!
DreamCatcher81
DreamCatcher81
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Komoda 7/18/2009, 9:05 pm

Yeah, she does do things like that but not quite as bad as in this story. XP
Komoda
Komoda
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by DreamCatcher81 7/18/2009, 10:16 pm

Haha ya. That's definately a good thing that she isn't as bad! xD
DreamCatcher81
DreamCatcher81
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Komoda 7/18/2009, 10:31 pm

Lol, yeah! I wouldn't be her friend if she was.
Komoda
Komoda
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by DreamCatcher81 7/19/2009, 12:48 am

Awe thats not nice Komo! xD Actually I probably wouldn't either though so. . . . xD
DreamCatcher81
DreamCatcher81
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 7/19/2009, 6:54 am

Yeah, Dream, don't be a hypocrite. Very Happy
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

My Soulmate, My World 1312My Soulmate, My World 2412My Soulmate, My World 3349My Soulmate, My World 3548My Soulmate, My World 3327

Back to top Go down

Post by DreamCatcher81 7/25/2009, 9:38 pm

Haha. I'm not! Just because I would do it, doesn't mean its a nice thing to do! It wouldn't be nice of me, but I would probably still do it! xD
DreamCatcher81
DreamCatcher81
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 7/26/2009, 8:43 am

Now I'm confused. xD
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DreamCatcher81 7/31/2009, 12:32 pm

Hypocrite is doing something that you told someone else not to. I'm not telling her not to because would do it but I'm saying it's mean to do! xD LIke I would do it but I would be being mean when I did it. Very Happy
DreamCatcher81
DreamCatcher81
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Komoda 8/4/2009, 12:11 pm

Haha, okay. I'm not getting into this argument. I'm a third party.
Komoda
Komoda
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 8/7/2009, 10:09 pm

Awesome! cheesy
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!
Female Posts : 15981

Back to top Go down

Post by Komoda 8/8/2009, 1:39 pm

Thanks!! Very Happy
Komoda
Komoda
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Komoda 8/9/2009, 1:31 am

Wow, this is super ridiculous. When I re-read it, at first I was like "Oh, this isn't as cheesy as I thought..."
But now it's like "Ugh. Why did I write this??"

But now I wanna write a story about my daydream the one day. It's going to be another romance, though... So ugh. XP I am a loser.
Komoda
Komoda
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 8/9/2009, 8:30 am

x3 Yous not a loser. Yous a writer.
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Komoda 8/9/2009, 10:23 am

Tee hee, thankies.
Komoda
Komoda
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down