The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sprinkles & Spoons

3 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Sprinkles & Spoons - Page 2 Empty Re: Sprinkles & Spoons

Post by Mordor 5/23/2010, 12:22 am

Jack Freed
|19|Black hair, blue eyes|Enjoys music, desserts, and reading|

Jack’s eyebrows did rise this time, when she spoke, although involuntarily. Is it? He wondered silently, absently flicking a crumb off the table. Well, he continued to reason with himself, perhaps.

The internet certainly did produce some of Hollywood’s most ridiculous theories. And maybe a lot of the stuff on the internet was crap, but the internet itself wasn’t. For here, Jack strongly disagreed with his mother. Very strongly.

He put his eyebrows down again, hearing her clearly, embarrassed tone. He chuckled nonchalantly.
No, you didn’t offend me. I completely agree with you. But, see she had this knitting club,” another soft laugh, “and they gossiped about local things. Like the neighbors.”

out of character: Yeah, I can't draw, just write stories and post photographs I've taken. xP
words: 112
outfit jeans, dark green shirt, black jacket, black and red converse
Mordor
Mordor
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Female Posts : 2069

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyn431 6/12/2010, 12:46 am

Hazel Calister
: 19 | short brunette hair, honey-gold eyes | likes drawing, ice cream and novels :

Hazel felt relief wave over her as he told her there had been no offense taken—in fact, he had positive opinions towards what she'd said. Very quickly it became apparent she'd calmed down from her quick stab of nervousness and embarrassment. From there Hazel listened to what Jack had to say.

He mentioned a knitting club, and almost instantly she had a good idea of what situation his mother was actually in. Those tended to be the perfect gatherings for women to discuss and brew up lots of things to scribble over the truth of things. And based off of some observations she'd made before, Hazel figured it would be a lot easier to gossip about local stuff at a knitting club than the broader, celebrity type things.

"Oh, knitting clubs," she repeated with an understanding tone and nodded. "That's pretty much the next best place for gossipers to do their thing." For a moment Hazel thought about leaving her comment, but then she figured it might be better to give an explanation as to why she thought that. "In spite of the majority of our family's tendency to be socially isolated from the others in the areas we lived, my mom was always able to find somebody to scrapbook with, and almost every time somebody would try to gossip, though it never really followed through." A smile crept onto her face at some memories, kind of like what appeared to have happened to Jack. "It seemed pretty similar to the whole knitting club thing from what I could tell."

ooc: OH MY GOSH I FOUND IT! yayparty! I wanted to reply but the thread got lost and I was like, "Nuuuu!" ... And I have a feeling this post was crappy. >.>
word: 261
outfit: Black skinny jeans, dark green converse with cyan shoelaces, pale sky blue t-shirt, cotton black jacket.
Cyn431
Cyn431
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Mordor 6/12/2010, 11:18 am

Jack Freed

Jack could she her relax, or her muscles relax, and knew he said the right thing. That was a thing about himself that he had always disliked, the simple fact that he could not piece together a simple sentence when nervous, stressed, or in the case, in a conversation. Miraculously enough, though, here he was talking to someone. Maybe it was because she was a good listener, and everyone else he had ever known ignored him.
Yes, that sounds about right, he thought.

He grinned at the mention of scrapbooking clubs. “I hate scrapbooking. But I have to agree with you there. Knitting, scrapbooking, and the E News is what brings gossipers together.

out of character: YES! It was on the same page as me and Avvy's. And she never replied. xDD
Jk. This is CRAP! xD
words: 113
Mordor
Mordor
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyn431 6/12/2010, 5:44 pm

Hazel Calister
: 19 | short brunette hair, honey-gold eyes | likes drawing, ice cream and novels :

Hazel couldn't help but laugh a little when she said, "Tell me about it!" And that wasn't just in response to the whole thing on the three best places for gossipers to spread their rumors, but to hating scrapbooking as well. "I just don't see what's so fun about taking pictures and paper and gluing them onto another sheet of paper—really that's all it is." She also added a shrug, maybe just to make it even clearer she didn't see the entertainment of the activity.

Before replying to the last thing Jack had said, though, she had to think. By E News, did he mean the internet like they'd been saying earlier, or something off of the E! Network? Hazel was only wondering about that so she didn't sound weird when replying to what he'd said, 'cause he could mean one thing or the other. Guessing wrong and assuming was something she'd been a bit notorious for in the past, but she had no intention to have that take into effect here. Having thought that, just to take precaution, in the end she chose not to respond to that.

ooc: Haha. xD Well, at least we still have the ability to type stuffs! ^^
word: 190
outfit: Black skinny jeans, dark green converse with cyan shoelaces, pale sky blue t-shirt, cotton black jacket.
Cyn431
Cyn431
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Mordor 6/14/2010, 11:59 am

Jack Freed

Jack nodded. “Yes — and adding glitter and sticker every other page.” He just didn’t get the point of it. People say they scrapbook every important event in their lives, but isn’t that what your memory is for? If the memory is so important as to take a picture of it and glue it in a book, shouldn’t you be able to remember it? And, if you were able to remember that particular event, and scrapbooked it anyway, wouldn’t that just be pointless? However if you have a terrible memory, and you couldn’t even remember what you had wore the day before, then, perhaps, you should record the memory.

He thought she’d say further on the matter of gossiping with E! News, but was obviously wrong. Or maybe it was because his mother had always called it E! News, obviously something he had picked up on, whereas most normal (and civilized) gossipers called it the E! Network.

Jack concluded that he should clarify, as the possibility arose that if they continued to talk about how completely pointless and dumb, not to mention dry, scrapbooking was, the conversation would fall into an abyss and they would sit in a oh-so-awkward silence until one of them followed the track of news.
But if he said he was talking about the gossip news, then they could skip the silence and talk about recent events that were on the news.
Jack preferred the first.

E! Network, that is. My mother always called it news. The same way she called me by the dog’s name when she was tired.

out of character: Too true.
Ooh and, have you ever been to NYC?
words: 239 -dances- This is bigger than 113! Or 190! Yeah! Jk. xDD
Mordor
Mordor
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyn431 6/15/2010, 6:39 pm

Hazel Calister

Hazel nodded in agreement to the extra description he'd supplied. Then she heard Jack's clarification, and was at least glad she would have been okay if she had made the assumption, being correct as it was. As she wasn't one to talk about rumors unless she seriously thought they were true, Hazel didn't know a whole lot about E! Network, so she wouldn't have had the slightest clue that it was also referred to as E! News. Oh well. Learn something new every day, her father had said every time she provided him one of those little "Did You Know?" facts that are little-known and on those packets of sauce sometimes received with Chinese food.

Suddenly she found herself laughing again. Hazel couldn't remember the last time she'd met somebody knew and laughed multiple times during the conversation. "Your dog's name?" she repeated. That was a real blunder there. Then again, Jack said she'd been tired when she had messed up, and that seemed like a valid excuse. Still, it was pretty ridiculous to call one's child by the name of their pet rather than their own.

Hazel decided to leave that rhetorical and return to the subject of the E! Network—or News, whichever term was preferred. 'That makes more sense," she said. "I wasn't sure if that was what you meant or if it was something like email and whatnot. And I can't say I'm too familiar with the E! Network, sometimes because wherever I lived didn't get reception, other times just because I didn't really care for that kind of stuff, or my mom was watching it in whatever room I wasn't in." She added a nod as if that would confirm what she said—but as mentioned earlier, she automatically almost always did that.

ooc: Well, I was supposed to go with my choir this summer, but that didn't happen, so nope, I've never been. no
word: 298 -- Jam broke the curse! invisible trampoline
Cyn431
Cyn431
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Mordor 6/19/2010, 11:11 pm

Jack Freed

Jack had always frowned upon E! Newtork/News. Now that he recalled it, he remembered his mother sitting and making him watch it with her when he was eleven. He almost shuddered at the memory of it.
Really, Jack thought, what sane mother would make her son watch rumors of Brittany Spears and her personal life? It was the fact that she wasn’t completely sane that was the core of the problem.

He grinned further when she started laughing. She may have thought that calling your kid the dog’s name was perfectly acceptable when you were tired, but unfortunately his mother called him by the dog’s name when he got home from school, or sometimes, when he was pouring the dog’s dog food into a bowl, and on special occasions, when he was sitting right next to her. So, perhaps she meant to name him Marvel, when he was born, after the dog (she had wanted a dog her whole life and decided when she was six to get a boy and name it Marvel, as she had told Jack), but ended up naming Jack instead.

Yes. And usually she wasn’t even tired when she called me by the dog—and his name was Marvel. How she ended up getting my name confused with his is a mystery.”

Even though the names Jack and Marvel sound absolutely nothing alike, Jack was not the least bit surprised by his almost correct assumption, because his mother did a lot a of strange things that made anyone who met her want to drag her to the funny farm. Chewing on knitting needles, for instance.

I can see that, and you’re lucky you didn’t get that channel or, was at least in another room. My mother made me sit through it. And soap operas.”

out of character: Aw, I'm sorry for your bad luck. xP I went last week, actually I just got back yesterday. But it wasn't really a vacation; my dad had a buisness meeting. And it wasn't as fabulous as I thought I'd be. We didn't even get to go to AFO Schwarz; the world's most amazing toy store. xD
words: 299! Toast's is higher than you'rs! yayparty! xD
Mordor
Mordor
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyn431 6/21/2010, 7:00 pm

Hazel Calister
: 19 | short brunette hair, honey-gold eyes | likes drawing, ice cream, and novels :

Hazel only blinked at the thought of those two names side by side. One had one syllable, the other two. One started with J, the other M. Perhaps they both had A as a second letter, but even then the two names had separate pronunciations of that A. So what was there to get confused with? She wasn't quite sure. "Marvel and Jack," Hazel repeated them to herself just once to make sure she had analyzed them correctly. "Definitely a mystery there," she agreed with a nod of her head.

Then she heard what Jack had to say about his experience with E! Network and his mother, and it sure didn't sound like it was anything good. The moment he mentioned the soap operas, Hazel knew it must have been torture. "Sometimes it's a good thing to live in the middle of nowhere in Illinois," she had to admit, but then returned to the main subject at hand, which was being forced to watch something that wasn't desired to be watched. "Darn, why did she do that?" Hazel asked, thinking the question would cover both the soap operas and the rumoring, unreliable network that she had never bothered to lay her eyes on.

ooc: I read your blog, so I know your story. And awwww about AFO. xD
outfit:
Black skinny jeans, dark green converse with cyan shoelaces, pale sky blue t-shirt, cotton black jacket.
word:
203 — you do realize you'd said that mine was higher than my own, right? xD
Cyn431
Cyn431
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2