The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

-- ♪ Cyn's Song * it's like trying to spin the world the other way

2 posters

Go down

-- ♪ Cyn's Song * it's like trying to spin the world the other way Empty -- ♪ Cyn's Song * it's like trying to spin the world the other way

Post by Cyn431 4/26/2010, 8:41 pm

5:29 PM

Sometimes that's just how life is.

This is probably going to be a really random blog, hopping all over the place. How do I know that? 'Cause I'm going to start with a fact I learned from my Language Arts research. My topic is Coca•Cola, and a fun fact I have is the following:
Qoo is a Japanese fruit brand, bottled by Coca•Cola.

Isn't that bizarre? "Hey, gimme a Qoo." "Hola, tienes mi Qoo." It sounds weird. Even though it is Japan, who would name a drink that? It's not like it's any more tempting to go out and buy it. (Then again, when is that the case for any drink?) My point is, that's a stupid name.

Here are a few other brands:
Bibo is a Chilean vitamin sports drink, bottled by Coca•Cola.
There's talk that Coca•Cola intends to become partners with L'Oreal and create a new "beauty" drink called Lumae.
A beauty drink? Really? Why would anyone bother? They'll probably have some weird campaign, "Drink Lumae... You'll be just as hot, just as charming, just as CABBAGE! as Megan Fox. Become her competition while you can." Or something like that. xP I can tell you this, if they include anything with Megan Fox in their advertising, I swear I will be SCREAMING in both Language Arts and Spanish. All the boys in both classes are in freakin' love with the woman. -.-

As for Bibo... Think about it. In Spanish speaking countries, that's pronounced BEE•boh. Isn't that ripping off the profile site for AIM users? Not that it matters, but... Really... BIBO. xD "Hey, gimme a Bibo." "Hola, tienes mi Bibo." Razz

If any of you read my blog from yesterday, you know one of my theme-like songs was Faded by Cascada. I was thinking deeper into that song, and I was thinking... Who do I think of most, barring myself, when I hear those lyrics? The main person was my former BFF, Bex, and she still thinks I'm her BFF. I was her friend because we were remarkably similar misfits. We both loved anime, we both hated guys, we both were fans of Webkinz and Toontown, and we both didn't give a darn what the rest of the world thought.

Even when the teens hit, I stayed strong to those thoughts (even though I grew out of Webkinz), but Bex slipped through. She changed her hair to make it look cool. She wears two-inch high heel boots. She wears Hollister, Aeropostale, all the huge brands. She wears the hippest hats. And just like every other teen, she swears excessively and makes constant jokes on it. The following is spoilered because I question it's appropriate level.
Spoiler:
That just makes me go ick. xP And she does that stuff every single day now. It really gets on my nerves. And now she's just one of those nobodies who desperately wants to and tries to be Somebody (she isn't)... and epically fails.

Now that I'm thinking... I have another song to add to my list.

You Think - Clique Girlz
Everything you say is a waste of time.
You think you're so incredible, completely unforgettable.
You think the world spins just for you.
You think it's all about you.
All you care about is what you say, how it makes you look.
You got a million answers to impress yourself
But it don't really matter to no one else
Anytime you're not here, the air is clearer to breathe

She showed this song to me during her (present) Clique movie obsession, and although I can be on both sides of the spectrum, I can't help but splat this song right in front of my ex-friend's face and say: "THEME SONG."

Bex wanted to recreate the Clique movie. She watched the movie over and over again to create the script herself, and gave everyone roles. Of course, because she's so incredible, she just had to get the role of Massie. Not that I would have wanted it anyway... But Bex has really lived up to that role. You know, Queen Beagle, ditz, heartless, all that jazz. That's what really put her into the change, and the real deal-breaker on my part. Sigh.

I'm going to jump again! This is the last thing I'm talking about, though. In PE, my friend Mary was after a "runaway ball," so I watched her go get it. The green lopsided sphere was in a bit of water, but regardless she walked over, picked it up and kicked it over. I went and picked it up, and you know what I end up saying?

"Mary, you could have told me there was crap over there before I touched the ball..."

Yeah. xD It was weird.

Question time! cheesy

1.What are some weird brand names you've heard?
2. Do you know any totally-clique people/friends?
3. Does the new song fit?
(You may need to listen to it on the Playlist first.)
4. What's the grossest thing that's happened to you in PE?

7:33 PM

Cyn431
Cyn431
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

-- ♪ Cyn's Song * it's like trying to spin the world the other way Empty Re: -- ♪ Cyn's Song * it's like trying to spin the world the other way

Post by Avé 4/26/2010, 9:15 pm

I've had Japanese soda before! Except, it wasn't Qoo. That actually sounds kinda cool, though.

A beauty drink? That's just going too far. XD

I'm sorry about your friend. I know how that feels. I had some friends who were really pretty awesome - until they met other friends, who were doing drugs, drinking alcohol, and other, quite frankly, innapropriate stuff. I'm afraid that soon enough, they're gonna start doing that stuff too. D:

1.What are some weird brand names you've heard? I can't really think of any off the top of my head, though I know I've heard some odd ones...
2. Do you know any totally-clique people/friends? Yes. >_>
3. Does the new song fit? (You may need to listen to it on the Playlist first.) Yeah, I love it!
4. What's the grossest thing that's happened to you in PE? Just watching Micheal run is torture enough. It's seriously disgusting. I can't quite describe it. xD

By the way - how did you put that background on your playlist?
Avé
Avé
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 5955

Back to top Go down

-- ♪ Cyn's Song * it's like trying to spin the world the other way Empty Re: -- ♪ Cyn's Song * it's like trying to spin the world the other way

Post by Cyn431 4/26/2010, 9:51 pm

Ooh, really? Very Happy Was it different than soda here? And, I think Qoo's supposed to be more relative to Hawaiian Punch like stuff, than soda.

Yeah. xD I just researched more information. Turns out Lumae is supposed to take care of your skin, but it's only for women over 25. I'll be scared when I walk into a classroom in a year or few and some guy is drinking that...

Really, I'm surprised my friend hasn't really done any of that yet. Sometimes I think the only two reasons she doesn't is: she knows she won't be able to sneak it past her parents, and she still wants to stay clean if that's what her hopeless crush values. Thank goodness for those two factors, 'cause you know how I'm on the younger side on this site. >.>

3. Yai! Very Happy
4. Oh gosh... o.0

When you go to get your code, and you have those autostart options and shuffle and all that, there's a Custom Skin option. Make that a yes, and get the file location/URL, and as long as it's j-peg it works. nod Make sure the button color and font are changed to suit though.
Hope that helps!
Cyn431
Cyn431
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down