The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spaming Publishing sites to beware of!!! Note: Title changed. xD

+2
shadowsowner888
Kat24
6 posters

Go down

Spaming Publishing sites to beware of!!! Note: Title changed. xD Empty Spaming Publishing sites to beware of!!! Note: Title changed. xD

Post by Kat24 7/22/2009, 3:12 pm

Okay, I just found this website( http://www.wlwritersagency.com/index.html ), and I am SO excited. They're like, a writers agency, so they read your work, help you with what needs helping, and then, if they think it's good enough submit it to the right publishers. You can submit work if you are MINOR, and even if you aren't finished with it ( though at least half way through. )! You don't even have to submit a manuscript right away.

I just filled out the form for a juvenille ( sp? ) fiction book.

Go check it out!!! cheesy

GUESS WHAT? It turned out the person who gave me the link hadn't googled it first. Thank you, Arianna. xD

Five minutes after Arianna told me she thought it was a spam site, I got an email back, asking for personal information, my manuscript, AND a creditcard number.

I'M NOT STUPID! =D

Anyway, my dad researched it, and aparently, it's owen by a known conartist. Whoot! Let's give him our creditcard numbers and writing!

Aywho, sorry for that! If you've found any of these, lemme know. xD

Last edited by Kat24 on 7/23/2009, 4:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kat24
Kat24
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Female Posts : 1386

Back to top Go down

Spaming Publishing sites to beware of!!! Note: Title changed. xD Empty Re: Spaming Publishing sites to beware of!!! Note: Title changed. xD

Post by shadowsowner888 7/23/2009, 10:18 am

OMG. Very Happy That's awesome! Are there any downsides to it, though? Like do you have to give the site money from selling the books?
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Spaming Publishing sites to beware of!!! Note: Title changed. xD 1312Spaming Publishing sites to beware of!!! Note: Title changed. xD 2412Spaming Publishing sites to beware of!!! Note: Title changed. xD 3349Spaming Publishing sites to beware of!!! Note: Title changed. xD 3548Spaming Publishing sites to beware of!!! Note: Title changed. xD 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Spaming Publishing sites to beware of!!! Note: Title changed. xD Empty Re: Spaming Publishing sites to beware of!!! Note: Title changed. xD

Post by Arianna 7/23/2009, 11:33 am

It looks really cool, but I googled it, and there are tons of pages which say it's a scam...
Sorry. I hope it's not true, but good luck if you use it Wink
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Spaming Publishing sites to beware of!!! Note: Title changed. xD 461

http://www.pixelpuppy.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Kat24 7/23/2009, 3:51 pm

Actually, I got the link from an adult friend, so I'm pretty sure it's not spam, but we'll see. xD

Shad, I think if they hook you up with a publisher they get somethin', but I mean, all agents do. They don't ask for anything up front.
Kat24
Kat24
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kat24 7/23/2009, 4:05 pm

Ugh. Never mind. Read the first post. Lol.
Kat24
Kat24
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 7/23/2009, 7:24 pm

OMG, well, that's not good! xD Lol, it's a good thing you figured that out, though!

OMG, lol, this is actually kinda funny. cheesy I feel sorry for anyone who had got themselves ripped off by that guy, though.
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Spaming Publishing sites to beware of!!! Note: Title changed. xD 1312Spaming Publishing sites to beware of!!! Note: Title changed. xD 2412Spaming Publishing sites to beware of!!! Note: Title changed. xD 3349Spaming Publishing sites to beware of!!! Note: Title changed. xD 3548Spaming Publishing sites to beware of!!! Note: Title changed. xD 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jade 7/23/2009, 7:54 pm

That really stinks Razz Thanks for letting us know, though!!
Jade
Jade
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Female Posts : 2182

Back to top Go down

Post by Kat24 7/24/2009, 2:08 pm

shadowsowner888 wrote:OMG, well, that's not good! xD Lol, it's a good thing you figured that out, though!

OMG, lol, this is actually kinda funny. I feel sorry for anyone who had got themselves ripped off by that guy, though.

xD Yah. cheesy
Kat24
Kat24
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by iGrievous 7/24/2009, 3:13 pm

That's too bad. I really don't wanna lose my writing to some idiot!
iGrievous
iGrievous
Well-Known Author
Well-Known Author

Male Posts : 4596

Back to top Go down

Post by DreamCatcher81 7/25/2009, 7:46 pm

Thanks for the info!
DreamCatcher81
DreamCatcher81
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Spaming Publishing sites to beware of!!! Note: Title changed. xD Siggy
Female Posts : 2460

Back to top Go down

Post by Kat24 7/26/2009, 9:10 am

xD Welcomez.
Kat24
Kat24
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by DreamCatcher81 7/26/2009, 12:58 pm

Haha.
DreamCatcher81
DreamCatcher81
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Female Posts : 2460

Back to top Go down

Post by Arianna 7/29/2009, 11:04 am

I'm so sorry, Kat... I'm just glad I warned you before they ripped you off.
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Kat24 7/29/2009, 2:29 pm

Yah, thanks. xD It's kinda funny, though, not that I think about it, because I wrote, like, three more chapters of that story while I was waiting for them. It really helped with my progress.
Kat24
Kat24
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by Arianna 7/30/2009, 7:34 am

Well, at least that's good Smile
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down