The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ink Stains & Envelopes

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Ink Stains & Envelopes - Page 2 Empty Re: Ink Stains & Envelopes

Post by Mooniepie 6/4/2010, 9:11 pm

My friends and I were having fun. Surprisingly, this city seemed to have everything. There was a 'hair salon' which I got highlights at. THen, there was, as they called it, a boutique. They went there, I just went with whatever people did to me. It was fun. Then, after that, we ate lunch, and went around town, walking, and window shopping. Finally we went to the gym for a few, and I learned how to box. More fun than I ever thought I'd have here.

Once I got home, I saw it was 10pm. I took a shower, and then got into pajamas. I soon fell asleep.
Mooniepie
Mooniepie
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 8007

Back to top Go down

Post by <3--[Emily]--<< 6/6/2010, 3:35 pm

Just as I was heading out the door, I ran into the mail man. "Here," the startled guy handed me the letter, as I thanked him, before getting into my truck and driving off to class.

Not wanting to get into the car wreck, I had to wait until after I was there to read it. I was wearing a blue Urban Summer shirt, jeans, and white sneakers. Pretty casual, but I was half awake and I was only going to class. We only had four days until we graduated, so I knew the day would be packed with learning and work.

Once I got there, I opened up the letter, as I began to read over Ali's familiar handwriting, while making sure to hide it from my professor.

Dear Justin,
I can't wait to have you visit, or me visit there, either. I miss you soooo much.
Other than that, the scenery is beautiful. The city is nice, too.
My one friend is from Africa. Her name is Mali. Richelle is from here, and my guide.
I have some pictures for you, of us, my friends and I, and my artwork.
Nothing more for me to say at the moment. Write soon!
With much love,
Ali ♥️

I smiled through the whole letter and just as I finished I heard a tapping noise, realizing the whole class was silent. Looking up, I saw my proffesor tapping his foot, staring directly at me, along with the rest of the class.

"Mr. Adams, is there something that you'd like to share with the class?" my professor, Dr. Henry Liam, asked me, singling me out. "Um, no thanks sir, just reading notes from yesterday," I spoke sincerely, though it was a complete lie. "Well, what about yesterday's notes made you smile? I didn't find any of them particularly funny," he asked me, as I scrambled through my thoughts to find an answer. "I was just thinking about graduation and I just got excited about starting my internship I guess, Sir," I shrugged, as he looked at me for a second, before continuing on with class.

"Few, close one," I thought to myself, sighing, as I relaxed. I didn't dare right back until class was finished. Back in my car, I leaned against the steering wheel, as I started writing a note back to her.

"Dear Ali,

Wow, it sounds great up there.
Glad you make some friends. They sound pretty cool.
This Friday is our Graduation day.
After that I have two weeks before I start my internship...
Maybe I could come visit you then?
Send me the pictures in the next envelope.

Much love, Justin."

Just as I was signing my name, I pressed too hard I guess, because I honked the horn. I chuckled at the noise, as I put the car into reverse, and left the parking lot of my college. I stopped by the post office on the way home, where I dropped off the letter, though I added a little surprise to it.

I slid the envelope into a small package. Inside was a little box, with a silver charm-bracelet that had a charm of a globe, with a star on Florida and England. They were there because that's where the company's headquarters were, but it was also where we both were.

My cousin's girlfriend had helped me pick it out for her, seeing how it was her birthday soon. I hoped she liked it, since I wasn't really one to pick out gifts. Driving home, I passed the pet adoption store again. "Maybe this weekend I'll get a pet... Actually, I think I will," I smiled to myself, arriving home.
<3--[Emily]--<<
<3--[Emily]--<<
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Forte -
Ink Stains & Envelopes - Page 2 Siggy

Shiner -

Hearts -

Master Emerald -

Female Posts : 8434

Back to top Go down

Post by Mooniepie 6/6/2010, 4:45 pm

I went on with Sunday in an odd fashion. It wasn't like it was back home, so instead, I stayed at home, and painted on cavas, drew in my sketch books, tried to find places to go.

It was hopeless.

I was anxious for the next letter. It'd probably arrive somewhere tomorrow.

Then I remembered. Soon the finals would be coming up. I liked art finals. They were simple, but complicated. Truly parts of the mind that needed to broken into. Being an artist meant getting in touch with something that other's couldn't. Soul. Mind. Heart... It was all part of life's test on it. I never minded.

I wondered, now, how Justin was doing. Was he getting along well? Is he going to like his new internship? I hope so...
Mooniepie
Mooniepie
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 8007

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum: