The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Make A Difference, Help Someone Out

4 posters

Go down

Make A Difference, Help Someone Out Empty Make A Difference, Help Someone Out

Post by Hahaha818 5/19/2010, 4:27 pm

I've been thinking, why are people so amazed when they see someone do something nice for someone else? I was at a McDonald's with my mom and sisters on Saturday and this old man walked past us, heading for the trash can. When he went to dump some in the trash can, some of it fell on the ground so I went to help him pick it up. My mom was so completely astounded and has been telling everyone about it since then. I don't get it, though. It shouldn't be a surprise when someone does something like that, it should be done everyday.

Someone at my mom's work help an old woman who was lost get to a doctor's appointment, and again, it was an amazing thing. My point is that everyone should be doing things for other people and living like Jesus. It should be more of a surprise when someone doesn't help someone when they need it.

"Just as he is so also are we in this world." 1 John 4:17b

Have you ever seen the animated movie Robots? If not, one of the characters' motto was "See a need, fill a need." It should be like that. If you see a person with a need you can fufill, then do it. Help that person.

Sorry if I'm rambling, I just have been thinking about that a lot lately and I needed to share it somewhere.

Well, thanks for reading!
Hahaha818
Hahaha818
Short Story Writer
Short Story Writer

Female Posts : 412

Back to top Go down

Make A Difference, Help Someone Out Empty Re: Make A Difference, Help Someone Out

Post by Akeria 5/19/2010, 5:10 pm

Couldn't agree more.
Akeria
Published Author
Published Author

Click the word counter to get to my TwigWriSum story!
Female Posts : 3571

http://raceagainstmachines.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Make A Difference, Help Someone Out Empty Re: Make A Difference, Help Someone Out

Post by shadowsowner888 5/19/2010, 9:37 pm

Man, you're so right. Society has some issues these days.

But I do actually think I prefer being able to react to kindness this way than if it happened every day . . . because now, it's reminding us that even the smallest things can be blessings, but if it happened all the time we might take it for granted. :3 Ya know?
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Make A Difference, Help Someone Out 1312Make A Difference, Help Someone Out 2412Make A Difference, Help Someone Out 3349Make A Difference, Help Someone Out 3548Make A Difference, Help Someone Out 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hahaha818 5/20/2010, 3:30 pm

Some people would take it for granted, yeah. But not everyone. The point I was trying to get across was that we're supposed to be like Jesus, but we aren't. There was a story on the news last night about some teenage boys from a Christian school who we're setting fire to their teachers' houses. Me and my sisters were like, "Way to show people what Christians are like." But what if someone had talked to those boys and helped them with any trouble they were having with the teachers? It could have prevented the whole thing with one simple act of kindness. And that's just one example. I could go on and on.
Hahaha818
Hahaha818
Short Story Writer
Short Story Writer

Female Posts : 412

Back to top Go down

Post by LuckyPenny666 5/20/2010, 4:33 pm

This is a really great point. Smile I just think that it applies to everyone.
LuckyPenny666
LuckyPenny666
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down