The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[solved] Switching Schools ^^

+2
Crystal Aura
Komoda
6 posters

Go down

Switch or no?

[solved] Switching Schools ^^ Left1073%[solved] Switching Schools ^^ Right10 73% 
[ 11 ]
[solved] Switching Schools ^^ Left107%[solved] Switching Schools ^^ Right10 7% 
[ 1 ]
[solved] Switching Schools ^^ Left1020%[solved] Switching Schools ^^ Right10 20% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 15

Poll closed

[solved] Switching Schools ^^ Empty [solved] Switching Schools ^^

Post by Komoda 5/25/2010, 8:47 pm

Ohai.

So, as you may or may not know, Komoda is a procrastinating, slacking and antisocial little user. nod

And right now, I go to a public school where most of my friends go to. The problem is, they aren't very close friends... I mean, they make me laugh and all, but I can't relate to them all that well. Also, having them nearby distracts me too much so I can't really live up to my full potential. It's French immersion though, which is a plus...

But at the same time, there's this dream school of mine. I didn't think I'd ever be able to go, because it costs 600 dollars a month (if you live in the dorms). But, it turns out my mom wanted to send me there in the first place! I feel like if I go there, I might be able to make some new friends, get better grades, and I'll also be living on my own (with a few room mates) except for the weekends, so that'll be great. ^^

I mean, I'm not terribly great at making friends, but I'll be the new girl there, so maybe they'll accept me...? Also, I find it easier to make friends when I don't know anyone, so yeah.

The downside is that I'll have to drop out of French Immersion and I'll be losing some friends... What do you think I should do? :/

Last edited by Komoda on 5/28/2010, 8:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Komoda
Komoda
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

[solved] Switching Schools ^^ Empty Re: [solved] Switching Schools ^^

Post by Crystal Aura 5/25/2010, 8:58 pm

What everyone wants from life is continuous and genuine happiness. So, do what makes you happy and switch schools. However, keep in touch with your other friends. They could always visit. You won't be seeing them as much, but at least you will be. And, now you'll be able to make new friends... Don't worry if you think you couldn't make new friends, like, join an organization with people who have common interests at the school, make eye contact, smile, give off the right impressions. You'll survive. ^,^

More tips; Don't do anything to pressure someone into being friends with you, be reliable, a good listener, start small talk, have the guts to walk up to someone and introduce yourself, chuckle at the person... ECT.

And the most important rule of all; Choose your friends wisely.
Crystal Aura
Crystal Aura
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Female Posts : 2947

Back to top Go down

Post by Komoda 5/25/2010, 9:01 pm

Ah, thank you so much for the great advice, Crystal! ^^ I'll make sure to jot all of that down somewhere. :3
Komoda
Komoda
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Crystal Aura 5/25/2010, 9:03 pm

Yeah, well, all that comes with my life experiences. As you befriend more people, you may find that some are easier to get along with than others. While you always give people the benefit of the doubt, sometimes you realize that certain friendships are unhealthy, such as if a person is obsessively needy or controlling towards you, constantly critical, or introducing dangers or threats into your life. nod
But I'm not worried; You're cool.

Also, it is good to follow a 30/70 (30% talking, 70% listening) pattern during small talk when possible. Oh yeah, and only introduce yourself towards the end of the conversation.
Crystal Aura
Crystal Aura
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Female Posts : 2947

Back to top Go down

Post by Arianna 5/26/2010, 12:35 am

I think that if you seem to like the other school, that's where you should go. I'm sure you can still keep in contact with your friends, but the other school sounds pretty awesome. :3

But remember, you should do what you think is best. Very Happy
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

[solved] Switching Schools ^^ 461

http://www.pixelpuppy.net

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 5/26/2010, 12:58 am

I think you should switch. Smile Getting good grades is more important than staying in a school with friends you're not that close to in the first place, IMO. Plus, I'm sure the school you'd switch to would have some French courses, so you might not be taking immersion but you could still take French and probably be top of the class. xD

But really, whatever you think is right for you. nod

Edit: Ohwait! Would this majorly affect your Twig time? D:
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!
Female Posts : 15981

Back to top Go down

Post by SoxPaws 5/26/2010, 9:59 am

That's a tough decision. If you feel like you belong in this school, I would go there. It's really not a decision that's cut out for us to make, but I would definitely think about it a little more before making the final decision. Smile

It's up to you, I would choose the school that makes you happy. Very Happy
SoxPaws
SoxPaws
Novelette Scribe
Novelette Scribe

[solved] Switching Schools ^^ Siggy [solved] Switching Schools ^^ Siggy
[solved] Switching Schools ^^ Siggy[solved] Switching Schools ^^ Siggy

Please click my TwigAdopts!
Female Posts : 956

http://www.orchardvalley.net/libby/

Back to top Go down

Post by Komoda 5/26/2010, 8:04 pm

Thank you so much for the advice, everyone! <3

Yeah, and um... Forgot to mention this... But I'll only be able to go on Twig during the weekends, most likely. X3 It'll be fine, though... I needa cut back on CPU time anyway.
Komoda
Komoda
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by SoxPaws 5/26/2010, 11:19 pm

NOOOO!!!!

You are ona the few people I SOOOOO admire for their writing!!! And plus, you PMed me!! Shocked
SoxPaws
SoxPaws
Novelette Scribe
Novelette Scribe

[solved] Switching Schools ^^ Siggy [solved] Switching Schools ^^ Siggy

Please click my TwigAdopts!
Female Posts : 956

http://www.orchardvalley.net/libby/

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 5/26/2010, 11:28 pm

Now how the heck am I supposed to vote?! I'm just gonna click results . . . xDD But like I told you on Facebook, whichever way you go, I'll support that choice all the way. ^^ The switching does sound like a good option, but staying is always cool, too . . . so yeah. Hence my inability to tell you which I think is better. xD We're just lucky I didn't bring my selfish desires into it this time.
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

[solved] Switching Schools ^^ 1312[solved] Switching Schools ^^ 2412[solved] Switching Schools ^^ 3349[solved] Switching Schools ^^ 3548[solved] Switching Schools ^^ 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Komoda 5/26/2010, 11:43 pm

SoxPaws wrote:NOOOO!!!!

You are ona the few people I SOOOOO admire for their writing!!! And plus, you PMed me!! Shocked
Aw, thanks so much! ^^ I'm sure I'll still be able to go on, though. It'll just be on weekends is all. :3

shadowsowner888 wrote:Now how the heck am I supposed to vote?! I'm just gonna click results . . . xDD But like I told you on Facebook, whichever way you go, I'll support that choice all the way. ^^ The switching does sound like a good option, but staying is always cool, too . . . so yeah. Hence my inability to tell you which I think is better. xD We're just lucky I didn't bring my selfish desires into it this time.
Haha, yeah, it's tough for me, too. ._. I guess I'll just have to see how things play out. I could end up being allowed to use school computers, or something... And I'll journal in my spare time, so that I have blogs to type up when I get home. But I won't be able to do Nano! T.T I guess I'll have to see...
Komoda
Komoda
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 5/27/2010, 12:03 am

Whatzomg. No Nano?! (Guess it's good Twig might be doing its own some time this summer, then. xD)

But if you do get to use school computers, that'd be even better! :3 And journaling is always nice, too. nod I love writing blogs on paper beforehand!
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

[solved] Switching Schools ^^ 1312[solved] Switching Schools ^^ 2412[solved] Switching Schools ^^ 3349[solved] Switching Schools ^^ 3548[solved] Switching Schools ^^ 3327

Back to top Go down

Post by Komoda 5/27/2010, 12:31 am

Ooh, nice! :DDD I wanna participate in that. :3

Ah, that might be a good idea. Considering I have terrible hand writing and all, it could also be an opportunity to improve. XD

Oh, and loving the badge by the way. XPP
Komoda
Komoda
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 5/27/2010, 12:38 am

:3 Yay!

nod Very true. But I like your handwriting! (Not like I've seen it . . . xDD)

Why thank you, darling. smug
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Komoda 5/27/2010, 12:51 am

XD Actually, you might've. On the GFFTZA club! :3

You're very welcome! What a Face
Komoda
Komoda
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 5/27/2010, 12:59 am

OMG that's true! Very Happy Haha, I can't believe I forgot about that! In that case, I do legitimately like your handwriting. :3
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Komoda 5/27/2010, 7:14 pm

XP Really? O_o Well, thank you! I personally think I have manly handwriting, but ah well. Nothin' wrong with that, I guess! What a Face
Komoda
Komoda
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 5/28/2010, 8:03 pm

Lol, you're welcome. xDD And I would say something about it not being manly, but I don't really know how to picture manly handwriting, so . . . XD
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Komoda 5/28/2010, 8:38 pm

Well, the only guy I've ever known to have beautiful writing is Kevin, and he gets good grades and all that so of course he would be perfect in every other aspect too. ._.

Anyway, I've decided against changing schools for sure. As much as it's my dream school, I really don't want to give up French. My friends aren't all that bad either; I just need to make it a goal to become more outgoing next year. What changed my mind? We had this wonderful Multicultural Day performance today with lots of cool dances (that were beautiful but probably considered suggestive from certain prospectives), and I just can't see something fun like that ever happening at a private Christian school with a dress code that doesn't even allow jeans. Also, I really love my school, and I think it's just making new friends that I have a problem with. But like I said, that'll change next year. ^u^ Regardless, thank you all for the wonderful advice!
Komoda
Komoda
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 5/28/2010, 10:10 pm

Psht, yeah, guys generally don't have very nice handwriting. xDD But yours is nicer than all the guy writing I've seen. (Which is Gri's and Jamie's . . . so that's a marvelous comparison. Razz)

*big smile* =))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

That's a selfish smile, though, I'm afraid. xD But anyway, I'm glad you've decided! :33 Those are actually really good reasons for staying . . . and heh, I was honestly thinking you'd chosen to switch schools. xD Shall I close this for you, deary?
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Komoda 5/28/2010, 11:17 pm

XD Thanks!

Yeah, I'm pretty happy about it too. ^^ Yes, you can close this.
Komoda
Komoda
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down