The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TwigWriSum

+13
leah_hope92
Sharkbait
Kiriana Shadeweaver
Jesus4Eternity
MusicWritingLove
Arianna
Cyn431
Avé
Akeria
rattyjol
Mrs. Twarry Matsuda
Komoda
shadowsowner888
17 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Month

TwigWriSum - Page 2 Left1091%TwigWriSum - Page 2 Right10 91% 
[ 20 ]
TwigWriSum - Page 2 Left100%TwigWriSum - Page 2 Right10 0% 
[ 0 ]
TwigWriSum - Page 2 Left109%TwigWriSum - Page 2 Right10 9% 
[ 2 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 22

Poll closed

TwigWriSum - Page 2 Empty Re: TwigWriSum

Post by Akeria 5/29/2010, 8:48 am

WANT WANT WANT
Could you set the goal higher? Like, we were thinking of a common goal of 100K, so... Could you do that? I know that the ones in my badge slot are really easy to set goals for, I don't know if yours is the same though. :3
Akeria
Published Author
Published Author

Click the word counter to get to my TwigWriSum story!
Female Posts : 3571

http://raceagainstmachines.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MusicWritingLove 5/29/2010, 8:56 am

The thing is, people have different timetables and because I live in the UK, I start off my summer a week after my birthday, on the 18th of July. And I return to school in September, but I get a lot of week-off vacas in October and June and whatever.
So I think the whole summer idea would be good, but if you have a shorter vaca (like moi,) then maybe the option to do more/less words would be great.
MusicWritingLove
Novelette Scribe
Novelette Scribe

Female Posts : 982

Back to top Go down

Post by Arianna 5/29/2010, 9:01 am

Akeria wrote:WANT WANT WANT
Could you set the goal higher? Like, we were thinking of a common goal of 100K, so... Could you do that? I know that the ones in my badge slot are really easy to set goals for, I don't know if yours is the same though. :3
Yup, that's why the goals would be on there - so you could see what people were shooting for. :3
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

TwigWriSum - Page 2 461

http://www.pixelpuppy.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Akeria 5/29/2010, 9:06 am

Okayy. Very Happy
Akeria
Published Author
Published Author

Click the word counter to get to my TwigWriSum story!
Female Posts : 3571

http://raceagainstmachines.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesus4Eternity 5/29/2010, 11:09 am

Here's an idea as well- what if all together we tried to reach a common goal? Like 1000000 as a whole site?
Jesus4Eternity
Jesus4Eternity
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

TwigWriSum - Page 2 Siggy
TwigWriSum - Page 2 SiggyTwigWriSum - Page 2 Siggy
Female Posts : 16258

Back to top Go down

Post by MusicWritingLove 5/29/2010, 11:09 am

That would be a good idea! Very Happy
MusicWritingLove
Novelette Scribe
Novelette Scribe

Female Posts : 982

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 5/29/2010, 11:24 am

Arianna wrote:The challenge is something self-rewarding. I would much rather have it the way YWP works - you set yourself a goal, which you choose, and then you have to achieve it.
It's not an achievement if you decide to set your goal at 10k and get that far on the first day. But, if you set yourself a 20k achievement, even though you're doing tons of stuff, and get to 25k - well, I think that you've done well.
Also, some of us would go way over it. :/ Maybe there could be categories? Like, beginner (20k), intermediate (50k), advanced (100k), and super-advanced (own goal over 200k). Everyone could choose and that way it'd be fair for our younger users, too. For some people who haven't written more than 10k on a story before, it'd be a challenge. And for those of us who've written more than 200k/300k in a month, could set ourselves higher goals. :3

But I do know that because you're against it, and you have a habit of biasing Shad, we'll probably take your idea. I'm okay with that.

Now now, Ari, no biases here. :3 I do like your idea (and Komo's, for the record, and not just because she's Komoda), and yes. I think that could be a little better if we had multiple goals available, because the freedom is rather appealing. applause Hahaha, you're seriously tempting me to aim for 1 mil . . .

And okay, well, maybe I'm biased on the inside. I can't help it, mkay?! But I gotta put that aside when we make these fancy decisions, so yeah . . . xDD I promise, you'll never see all the stuff I'd do if Komoda was all that needed to matter.

rattyjol wrote:Okie dokies. Very Happy And for the most stories written thing, is there a certain length that each story would have to be? Like, someone couldn't just write a bunch of one-chapter stories and have them all counted, right?

I don't think it'd matter! ^^ Heck, for a while I was almost considering writing nothing but The Jamie Pathew Chronicles, so just as long as you can count all the words and stuff, I think it'd be fine.

Komoda wrote:Yeah, that's very true. nod

It's perfectly fine. XD Yeah, I didn't really think you meant it in a rude way; I just got a little defensive, because I don't want people to you know, think I'm Shadow's secret spy or anything. >.> You know how it is.

Oh, Komoda, by the way - what were the results when you stalked you-know-who? Is there any reason to be suspicious?

(Just kidding. smug)

Arianna wrote:It's fine - I get defensive like that, too. :3

I wanna start making the prototype for the wordcount thing. I wonder what it should look like, though. ^^ Which color? And should it have designs on it or anything? xD Maybe Kiri or someone would like to help draw it. :3

Oh, and I think it shouldn't be called TwigNoWrimo. That'd imply, well, 'Twig Novel Writing MONTH', and as it looks it isn't really gonna be a month. xD Perhaps TwigNoWriSum(mer) or TwigWriSum (Twig Writing Summer, 'cause some people might not write full novels)?

Idea: TwigWriSum - Page 2 Prototype2

Yeah, I agree there! :3 TwigWriSum would be awesome. And I think that little wordcount bar looks epic. applause We should so use it! Can it be, like, those same general colors? Or at least blue, since the site is blue?

Jesus4Eternity wrote:Here's an idea as well- what if all together we tried to reach a common goal? Like 1000000 as a whole site?

I like that! cheesy And if we can attain that, we'll give out a prize to everyone who participated? applause Or we could do some special dare thing like on NaNoWriMo, where they were all gonna do a little song and dance to make themselves look silly if a certain amount got donated? I mean, nothing like that maybe, but just something silly myself and you mods could do as an interesting 'reward'? xD

EDIT: I added a list of ideas under discussion to the first post, so we don't lose track. I don't have polls for those, so I don't know how we'll keep track of who likes what, but we'll try mkay? xDD
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

TwigWriSum - Page 2 1312TwigWriSum - Page 2 2412TwigWriSum - Page 2 3349TwigWriSum - Page 2 3548TwigWriSum - Page 2 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyn431 5/29/2010, 11:29 am

I was just going to type the 1 mil thing while I was reading back the pages. xD So yeah, I agree with Amanda totally, and we'd all get ourselves a special little participation treat of some sort for attaining such a goal. :3

I'd also like to make some contributions to the whole category idea I was seeing. Maybe this was already understood or something, I dunno, but I'm just throwing it out.
Anyway, so if we have the four different categories, not only could we all stay at our own pace, but the person who wrote the most in each would get a prize? (: 'Cause chances are each highest ranking writer put in a whole lot of effort and did an extraordinary job considering themselves.

I'd like to see both of these together. Very Happy
Cyn431
Cyn431
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Arianna 5/29/2010, 11:54 am

Yayyy, TwigWriSum! I'm working on recoding all of TwigAdopts as well as the wordcount bar thing - it's using the same template, by the way. :3 So when I put the recode up (that'll be a week or so) you'll all have pretty bars to use and goals to set and all that jazz! Very Happy

I still like the category idea (well, I sorta came up with it ^^) and I agree with what Cyn's saying.

And yes, Ado, we deserve a reward somewhere along the way! Maybe when a collective wordcount is reached? Like, maybe, 1,000,000 words for all Twig users?
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

TwigWriSum - Page 2 461

Back to top Go down

Post by Komoda 5/29/2010, 1:09 pm

I wanna start making the prototype for the wordcount thing. I wonder what it should look like, though. ^^ Which color? And should it have designs on it or anything? xD Maybe Kiri or someone would like to help draw it. :3

Oh, and I think it shouldn't be called TwigNoWrimo. That'd imply, well, 'Twig Novel Writing MONTH', and as it looks it isn't really gonna be a month. xD Perhaps TwigNoWriSum(mer) or TwigWriSum (Twig Writing Summer, 'cause some people might not write full novels)?
file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Owner/My%20Documents/EA%20Games
Ah, that's such a pretty icon! I like the name, too. Sounds like "Twig rice 'em" :DD.

Cyn431 wrote:I was just going to type the 1 mil thing while I was reading back the pages. xD So yeah, I agree with Amanda totally, and we'd all get ourselves a special little participation treat of some sort for attaining such a goal. :3

I'd also like to make some contributions to the whole category idea I was seeing. Maybe this was already understood or something, I dunno, but I'm just throwing it out.
Anyway, so if we have the four different categories, not only could we all stay at our own pace, but the person who wrote the most in each would get a prize? (: 'Cause chances are each highest ranking writer put in a whole lot of effort and did an extraordinary job considering themselves.

Ooh, good point, Cyn. ^^ I think that would be wonderful! That way we can have lots of winners. nod

Jesus4Eternity wrote:Here's an idea as well- what if all together we tried to reach a common goal? Like 1000000 as a whole site?

Amazing idea, Amanda! ^^

shadowsowner888 wrote:
Oh, Komoda, by the way - what were the results when you stalked you-know-who? Is there any reason to be suspicious?

(Just kidding. smug)
Hmm, so far it's a negative, boss. No reason to take an rash action yet. nod
Komoda
Komoda
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Arianna 5/29/2010, 1:28 pm

I made the badge generator work. ^^ So far I have it producing stuff like this:
TwigWriSum - Page 2 Example TwigWriSum - Page 2 Example2
I'd really like constructive criticism on how they look, so please nitpick. xD Possibly if it's on or over 100 percent I should make it show a 'winner' bar or something? :/

Lotsa winners sound cool, don't they? Very Happy As does a common goal. :3
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

TwigWriSum - Page 2 461

Back to top Go down

Post by Komoda 5/29/2010, 1:29 pm

Arianna wrote:I made the badge generator work. ^^ So far I have it producing stuff like this:
I'd really like constructive criticism on how they look, so please nitpick. xD Possibly if it's on or over 100 percent I should make it show a 'winner' bar or something? :/

I quite like them. :3 The s on "words" is a little hard to see, but otherwise I really love them. They're so... summery! What a Face
Komoda
Komoda
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Arianna 5/29/2010, 1:31 pm

Hmm, well, it is TwigWriSum. xD :3
I'll try and fix that. Originally I had it showing 'Goal: {goal}' but that didn't look that good. xP

Also, if anyone would like to try and 'skin' the badge, feel free to! I could try and make it so that people had an option to choose which skin... So yeah, please go ahead.
TwigWriSum - Page 2 Skin
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

TwigWriSum - Page 2 461

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiriana Shadeweaver 5/29/2010, 2:03 pm

Hmm... I probably won't participate, I have an extremely difficult time writing large amounts of words in short amounts of time. I've never even hit 10,000 words in a story (BMR's my longest, and it's not even 6,000 words long), and I can't write if I don't have an idea. I don't get ideas often.
But I like the idea of a communal goal, so even if I can't quite reach a specific lone goal, I can at least help everyone else reach it.
Arianna wrote:Hmm, well, it is TwigWriSum. xD :3
I'll try and fix that. Originally I had it showing 'Goal: {goal}' but that didn't look that good. xP

Also, if anyone would like to try and 'skin' the badge, feel free to! I could try and make it so that people had an option to choose which skin... So yeah, please go ahead.
TwigWriSum - Page 2 Skin
I'll take a crack at it.
I'm taking up so many drawing projects lately because I'm distracting myself from my Reader's Notebook due next Friday. I have to read two books and then record stuff that was interesting and the like. I didn't write a thing down for my first book and just started my second. I don't really want to think about it. >.<
Kiriana Shadeweaver
Kiriana Shadeweaver
Short Story Writer
Short Story Writer

Female Posts : 472

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 5/29/2010, 2:36 pm

Cyn431 wrote:I was just going to type the 1 mil thing while I was reading back the pages. xD So yeah, I agree with Amanda totally, and we'd all get ourselves a special little participation treat of some sort for attaining such a goal. :3

That's a good idea! :3 I didn't actually consider that myself, but it would definitely be fair. nod

Arianna wrote:Yayyy, TwigWriSum! I'm working on recoding all of TwigAdopts as well as the wordcount bar thing - it's using the same template, by the way. :3 So when I put the recode up (that'll be a week or so) you'll all have pretty bars to use and goals to set and all that jazz! Very Happy

I still like the category idea (well, I sorta came up with it ^^) and I agree with what Cyn's saying.

And yes, Ado, we deserve a reward somewhere along the way! Maybe when a collective wordcount is reached? Like, maybe, 1,000,000 words for all Twig users?

What if we said more like 2 mil, just to give it more of a challenge? Because I have a feeling it won't be too hard to reach 1 mil, but idk, it doesn't matter too much. ^^

Komoda wrote:

file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Owner/My%20Documents/EA%20Games
Ah, that's such a pretty icon! I like the name, too. Sounds like "Twig rice 'em" :DD.

Ooh, good point, Cyn. ^^ I think that would be wonderful! That way we can have lots of winners. nod

Amazing idea, Amanda! ^^

shadowsowner888 wrote:

(Just kidding. smug)
Hmm, so far it's a negative, boss. No reason to take an rash action yet. nod

All right, very well. nod

Arianna wrote:I made the badge generator work. ^^ So far I have it producing stuff like this:

I think it's awesome! :3 I noticed the 's' is kinda hard to see, too . . . but other than that I think it's perfect. ^^ Or, maybe, I just had a thought, could we turn the flower into something more relevant? Cus I do like it this way, but seriously, what does a flower have to do with Twig? xD
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

TwigWriSum - Page 2 1312TwigWriSum - Page 2 2412TwigWriSum - Page 2 3349TwigWriSum - Page 2 3548TwigWriSum - Page 2 3327

Back to top Go down

Post by Arianna 5/29/2010, 2:39 pm

Hmm, I dunno what a flower has to do with Twig. *thinks* Well, flowers can be on branches, which are sort of twigs! Very Happy

I just wanted it to look summery. xD I'll try and see what I can do.

2,000,000 sounds nice for a collective wordcount goal, but are you sure we'd make it? Even with like 20 people participating it'd be 100k each. :/ Then again, I guess it's a challenge! Very Happy
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

TwigWriSum - Page 2 461

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 5/29/2010, 2:56 pm

Oooh, very true. Very Happy

Exactly! smug Lol, I'm kinda thinking mainly about myself . . . cus I'm sure I could give us a nice delightful boost if I did the same pace I did for Nano, and if you write at the same pace too, that's like 1.5 mil all on its own. xD So I just want to make sure that there's no possibility of any of us doing just that goal all on our own.
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Arianna 5/29/2010, 2:58 pm

Well, you do seem motivated. ^^; Say, if it's three months how can you get 1.5mil? That's like 500k a month. You'd be, like, almost Kateness (you know, from Nanowrimo?).

I'll try and reskin it. :3 And I'm sure that Kiri's skin will be amazical, too. Very Happy
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

TwigWriSum - Page 2 461

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharkbait 5/29/2010, 3:01 pm

can sombody tell me what nanimwiro is? (Spelling probebly wrong xD)
Sharkbait
Sharkbait
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

TwigWriSum - Page 2 1589TwigWriSum - Page 2 3390

Female Posts : 2811

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 5/29/2010, 3:03 pm

Well, that's if you write at the same pace you did for Nano, too. nod

:3 Nanowrimo is a national event where everyone tries to write 50k words in just the month of November.
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Arianna 5/29/2010, 3:03 pm

Nanowrimo stands for National Novel Writing Month - you have to write a novel (50,000 words) in a month (November). This is the website. Very Happy

Edit: Too late. Dx
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

TwigWriSum - Page 2 461

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 5/29/2010, 3:06 pm

Well you gave her the link, Ari, which is always better than a normal explanation. :3 So I think we made a delightful little explaining team!
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesus4Eternity 5/29/2010, 4:05 pm

I like that! TwigWriSum - Page 2 268382 And if we can attain that, we'll give out a prize to everyone who participated? TwigWriSum - Page 2 812483 Or we could do some special dare thing like on NaNoWriMo, where they were all gonna do a little song and dance to make themselves look silly if a certain amount got donated? I mean, nothing like that maybe, but just something silly myself and you mods could do as an interesting 'reward'? xD

EDIT: I added a list of ideas under discussion to the first post, so we don't lose track. I don't have polls for those, so I don't know how we'll keep track of who likes what, but we'll try mkay? xDD

I WANNA DO SOMETHING SILLY AND STUPID!!!!!!! I've already volenteered for embarrassing myself. xD
Jesus4Eternity
Jesus4Eternity
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

TwigWriSum - Page 2 Siggy
Female Posts : 16258

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiriana Shadeweaver 5/29/2010, 4:27 pm

Arianna wrote:Also, if anyone would like to try and 'skin' the badge, feel free to! I could try and make it so that people had an option to choose which skin... So yeah, please go ahead.
TwigWriSum - Page 2 Skin
Slightly belated scribblings.
TwigWriSum - Page 2 Beach TwigWriSum - Page 2 Night TwigWriSum - Page 2 Castle
Beach, Night, Castle.
Summery, random, and TWIG-themed.
Oh, putting in 3-pixel-wide sprite numbers with one pixel between them, the line has exactly enough room for 7 digits, so up to 9,999,999; one short of ten million.
Kiriana Shadeweaver
Kiriana Shadeweaver
Short Story Writer
Short Story Writer

Female Posts : 472

Back to top Go down

Post by Arianna 5/29/2010, 4:35 pm

Whoa, those are amazical. :3 Especially the one with the castle. Especially.

By the way, Kiri, which font did you use? :3

If anyone would like to try it out, you can go here:
http://pixelpuppy.net/otherfiles/badge/?total=50000&sofar=25000&base=2
Total stands for your goal, sofar is how much you have so far, and the base is the background - either 1, 2, or 3. :3 Edit the variables and see what you get. Very Happy
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

TwigWriSum - Page 2 461

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next