The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~Never Ready~

3 posters

Go down

~Never Ready~ Empty ~Never Ready~

Post by Spring_Blossom 5/30/2010, 8:48 pm

I got the idea for this story after watching CSI the other day. Hope you like it. :]

Prologue

"I'm not ready to say goodbye"

Those were the last words I ever heard her utter.

The last thing she'd ever say.

The last breath she ever breathed.

The last moment of her life.

The last time her tender, chocolate brown eyes would look into my own.

The last time I would see my precious, loving guardian alive.

"I'm not ready to say goodbye"

And truth be told, neither was I.

Chapter One

I sat at her bedside, watching as her eyes rolled back into her head. I listened as the machine attached to her wrist make a long, shrill sound, signaling that her heart had stopped beating. I watched as nurses flooded into the room, pushing me out. I watched as they tried in vain to save her life. Then it hit me like a brick: Avi, my oldest, dearest companion, was gone.

~~~~~~~~~~~

You probably don’t know what it’s like, losing someone that saved your life. Someone you’ve known since they came to your rescue when you were three, when your parents were murdered by some crazy serial killer. Or perhaps you do? I highly doubt that.

A woman in her late-twenties stepped cautiously into the house, gun at the ready. She peered around the door slowly, and nodded towards her partner, signaling that the coast was clear. The man blinked once, showing that he understood. He walked softly in behind her, gun outstretched in case of attack. She moved towards what seemed to be the living room, while her partner searched the rest of the small house. “Coast is clear.” He said as he walked back into the room where the woman was attempting to open a door near a flat-screened television. “Let me try.” He said quietly, grasping the handle. “You won’t get it, Bishop.” She teased, smiling playfully. Bishop rolled his eyes “Wanna bet, Butterfingers?” and a few moments later, the door clicked open. He grinned coyly down at her, “Told you so, Michaels.” She grinned back, opened the door wider, and gasped. Bishop looked inside, and his eyes widened, “We need a medic!!” He cried to the other policemen that were now inside the building, “NOW!!!” As the others scrambled to do as told, Michaels crouched down to feel the pulses of the bloody man and woman who laid lifeless on the floor. “They’re gone.” She said sadly, glancing up at Bishop, who was obviously enraged at whoever had killed the poor couple. A sudden noise in the corner caught her attention, “Who is there?” She asked slowly, shining a flashlight at the corner. A small child crawled out, “I am.” The girl muttered weakly, before fainting from loss of blood. She, like her parents, had gotten shot. But somehow, she had survived.
Spring_Blossom
Spring_Blossom
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Female Posts : 1501

Back to top Go down

~Never Ready~ Empty Re: ~Never Ready~

Post by shadowsowner888 5/31/2010, 4:32 pm

I like it! :3 It seems like a really sweet story, and I'm looking forward to reading more. My only comment right now would be about the grammar . . . when you're posting speech, you say it like, "Hi." He said. when it actually should be "Hi," he said. But other than that, you've got a cool story so far. ^^ Keep writing!
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

~Never Ready~ 1312~Never Ready~ 2412~Never Ready~ 3349~Never Ready~ 3548~Never Ready~ 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

~Never Ready~ Empty Re: ~Never Ready~

Post by Sundara 6/13/2010, 9:53 pm

OMG it's epic!!! I like stories with murder in them . . . heheheh . . . >:3
Sundara
Sundara
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Female Posts : 1302

Back to top Go down